Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LATEST ON TRANSFER TARGETS '

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:09 am

The paperwork at Cardiff's end for Mats Møller Dæhli was completed yesterday, there should be nothing to stop the deal being finalised and completed today.

Cardiff are now trying to do a deal direct with Man United to sort out the compensation. Molde the club are fed up of the agent solbakken because of the deal he had originally done.

Solksjaer wants the Diouf deal completed soon and I am told he will be at the Cardiff City Stadium tomorrow to watch the game against West Ham. Ole wants Diouf and goalkeeper Oliver Nyland in next week before the Man City game.

Wilfried Zaha has been in Cardiff yesterday for talks and a loan deal is looking very promising.

Craig Bellamy will be in the matchday squad for the game against West Ham and he has also told Ole that he would like to extend his contract.

Re: ' LATEST ON TRANSFER TARGETS '

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:13 am

carlccfc wrote:The paperwork at Cardiff's end for Mats Møller Dæhli was completed yesterday, there should be nothing to stop the deal being finalised and completed today.

Cardiff are now trying to do a deal direct with Man United to sort out the compensation. Molde the club are fed up of the agent solbakken because of the deal he had originally done.

Solksjaer wants the Diouf deal completed soon and I am told he will be at the Cardiff City Stadium tomorrow to watch the game against West Ham. Ole wants Diouf and goalkeeper Oliver Nyland in next week before the Man City game.

Wilfried Zaha has been in Cardiff yesterday for talks and a loan deal is looking very promising.

Craig Bellamy will be in the matchday squad for the game against West Ham and he has also told Ole that he would like to extend his contract.

All very positive, lets hope this trend continues for the club. :thumbup:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:14 am

cityone wrote:
carlccfc wrote:The paperwork at Cardiff's end for Mats Møller Dæhli was completed yesterday, there should be nothing to stop the deal being finalised and completed today.

All very positive, lets hope this trend continues for the club. :thumbup:

Absolutely :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:16 am

That's fantastic news Carl, especially on Bellamy I'm sure everyone will be pleased to see him back.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks for the update, I hope it all goes in our favour.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 am

Does Ole not rate Marshall? He's easily been worth 7-8 points on his own so far.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 am

And in the real world?

What is really happening?

All this good news is rubbish and cannot be true, why are you posting positive things? :lol:

What was wrong with all the depressing Christmas period news? It gave people loads to moan about and kept the interest in the club?

At least we have the fruit chuckers to bring us back down to earth tomorrow eh? :sleepy2:

Thanks Carl :thumbup:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:27 am

RFMH wrote:Does Ole not rate Marshall? He's easily been worth 7-8 points on his own so far.

Ca'nt see the need for another keeper either. But I would welcome Diouf and Zaha, just to give us more options up top. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 am

Good positive news Carl :thumbup: Any idea when Zaha would join up if all goes well?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Good positive news Carl :thumbup: Any idea when Zaha would join up if all goes well?

Should be by the middle of next week

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Good positive news Carl :thumbup: Any idea when Zaha would join up if all goes well?

In time for him to score a hat trick against Citeh. ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:39 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Cheers, thanks for the update. Would be a great capture. I think that we may be awarded a few more penalties with Zaha running at defences! :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am

Great news, Carl...and I include Craig Bellamy's 'contract extension request' in that....

One in the eye for the negativos who said he was "finished" :thumbup:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 am

RFMH wrote:Does Ole not rate Marshall? He's easily been worth 7-8 points on his own so far.

Which is exactly why we need a new keeper. Marshall will be snapped up in the summer by another Premier League club if they have any sense. I can't see us hanging on to him. He's just got better and better. We need somebody who can make the step up straight into his slot should another side come in for him. Marshall's been nothing short of exceptional now for 18 months with 2 obvious mistakes if memory serves me correct yet even the likes of Mignolet, a highly regarded keeper at this level, has made at least 2 mistakes in this season alone. Plus he's only 28 whereas the likes of Howard at Everton are getting on now at 34 years of age. I can see Marshall moving to a club like Everton myself.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:45 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Cheers, thanks for the update. Would be a great capture. I think that we may be awarded a few more penalties with Zaha running at defences! :ayatollah:

A few more?!? One would be a start!!

Positive news if it all comes off. I wouldnt read too mich into the keeper, maybe just wants a bit more quality to push Marshall.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:47 am

I gotta pal Layton who is a gooner. He has been raving about Marsh all season.

He has admirers up and down the country in the stands.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:48 am

How long does marshal have left on his contract?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:56 am

thanks for the update carl
marshall is a top goalkeeper,i can see him being our number one for a very long time

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 pm

some good news there hope they all come off :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:36 pm

I think that it is time to say goodbye to Craig Bellamy who does not have the pace anymore to trouble the full backs.

Lets use his wages to bring in some new blood new season

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:41 pm

keith pontin wrote:I think that it is time to say goodbye to Craig Bellamy who does not have the pace anymore to trouble the full backs.

are you serious?? I really hope you are joking :lol:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:51 pm

All good news. Looks like Ole is very busy already!

I'm pleased about Bellamy, he adds a lot. He doesn't have his pace that he uses to, but he's a good person to have around and has massive experience on the pitch.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:17 pm

keith pontin wrote:I think that it is time to say goodbye to Craig Bellamy who does not have the pace anymore to trouble the full backs.

You're not a football man then Keith?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 pm

As it's after noon I suppose Mats Møller Dæhli is not available for the squad tomorrow.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Cheers Carl. :happy1:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:41 pm

great at last some positive news not doom and gloom lets hope tan lets him do his job nice to see more norwegians in cardiff to lol x

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:45 pm

I think Diouf may turn out to be a bargain signing, good goal return in a good german league. the fact he previously failed in the prem means little. Many example of players failing first time round and doing well again. You only have to look at Matic who was at Chelsea and sold and now very sort after.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Marshall has been an outstanding shot stopper this season but in my opinion does not command his 6 yard box at set pieces which is his weakness. His distribution of the ball at times is very poor to but like someone has already stated he,s been worth 8/9 points this season.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:02 pm

As well as the success Marshy is having at the moment which will indeed make him a summer target for another Premier club, what happens if he gets a serious injury & is out of the game for weeks?
We have a choice of 2 reserve keepers in Moore & Lewis, but maybe Ole is looking for a bit more experience.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Bluemonday wrote:As well as the success Marshy is having at the moment which will indeed make him a summer target for another Premier club, what happens if he gets a serious injury & is out of the game for weeks?
We have a choice of 2 reserve keepers in Moore & Lewis, but maybe Ole is looking for a bit more experience.

Good shout fella and welcome to the board :thumbup: :ayatollah:
I just noticed you've been a member for 14 months and that was your first post :shock: