Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Trolls and abusers

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:21 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Btw disagree with Castro on Medel. Quite possibly we paid over the odds for him ala other Malky signings but he is our linchpin in midfield. Without him we struggle, as recent matches have indicated. In my opinion we have a poor midfield by Premier standards and Whittingham is the weak link. I'm hoping the signings of Eikrem and Daelhi will give us a boost in this area.

you realise we won away against newcastle without him right?

Medel has been superb this season bar the odd game, however he is right in saying that the transfer fee stopped us getting players in other areas which we needed.

I would say hes been distinctly average the majority of the season bar a few games where he has been superb and a few where he has been the worst on the park.

Fulham away and against us spring to mind as good games and chelsea, palace and a recent game which escapes me - the rest of the time hes been average.

I undated the "battle of the defensive midfielder" the other day where we look at the passing, tackling, interceptions, duels, defensive and attacking stats of all our starting defensive central midfielders and there isnt much between Britton and Medel with Canas ahead of the two - and they cost us nothing and others were readily available for nothing too - parker and Huddlestone spring to mind but im sure there are tens more - it is a nice easy position to fill - even Robbie Savage did it well. :D

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:It all died a death when the report button was being pushed every 5 minutes and the mods hurried to sort it out every f*cking time, even when it was plainly innocent banter.

Just put Barry Chuckles on ignore.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:59 pm

They seem intelligent enough to ignore the idiots giving them stick!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:04 am

Indeed. And I tend to think they accept to be called a little peculiar. :old:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:24 am

Castro wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Btw disagree with Castro on Medel. Quite possibly we paid over the odds for him ala other Malky signings but he is our linchpin in midfield. Without him we struggle, as recent matches have indicated. In my opinion we have a poor midfield by Premier standards and Whittingham is the weak link. I'm hoping the signings of Eikrem and Daelhi will give us a boost in this area.

Medel has been superb this season bar the odd game, however he is right in saying that the transfer fee stopped us getting players in other areas which we needed.

I would say hes been distinctly average the majority of the season bar a few games where he has been superb and a few where he has been the worst on the park.

Fulham away and against us spring to mind as good games and chelsea, palace and a recent game which escapes me - the rest of the time hes been average.

I undated the "battle of the defensive midfielder" the other day where we look at the passing, tackling, interceptions, duels, defensive and attacking stats of all our starting defensive central midfielders and there isnt much between Britton and Medel with Canas ahead of the two - and they cost us nothing and others were readily available for nothing too - parker and Huddlestone spring to mind but im sure there are tens more - it is a nice easy position to fill - even Robbie Savage did it well. :D

In isolation the transfer fee is irrelevant to me. Yes it hindered us in getting a complete squad, but isnt really a true measuring stick for how good a player is.

Also, stats are important but I dont study them too closely, I prefere to trust my own eyes. Sounds like you have watched the majority of cardiffs games but is so id be surprised by your reactions to his performances. It could be down to a few things. ...
Maybe watching on tv not being a substitute for watching live, maybe your over reliance to counter the many hyperboles about him from fans on here (you only have tp see the posts on our new signing to see people can get carried away) or it could be that as a group of fans, we havent been blessed with seeing someone with this ability before at our club, you hear positioning talked about a lot but his is fantastic (almost) always where he should be. His distribution is great and sharper though less direct than say whitts.

For me he really could play top end of the league. Perhaps needs to lose half a stone, and displays after internationals have been poor which wouldn't be a n issue on a bigger squad.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 am

I joined this board to talk Cardiff football, but it seems like half the posts are about who uses multiple names or who is slagging off who or who is accusing somebody of some perceived slight or on and on and on. I don't run into these situations much in real life so I guess it must be the anonymity of a forum that encourages some people to act like something different than they do around their friends and family. I don't get it, but nothing is going to change so I guess I just have to learn to be more diligent in who to put on the ignore list. What a pain in the butt.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:43 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Castro wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

In isolation the transfer fee is irrelevant to me. Yes it hindered us in getting a complete squad, but isnt really a true measuring stick for how good a player is.

Also, stats are important but I dont study them too closely, I prefere to trust my own eyes. Sounds like you have watched the majority of cardiffs games but is so id be surprised by your reactions to his performances. It could be down to a few things. ...
Maybe watching on tv not being a substitute for watching live, maybe your over reliance to counter the many hyperboles about him from fans on here (you only have tp see the posts on our new signing to see people can get carried away) or it could be that as a group of fans, we havent been blessed with seeing someone with this ability before at our club, you hear positioning talked about a lot but his is fantastic (almost) always where he should be. His distribution is great and sharper though less direct than say whitts.

For me he really could play top end of the league. Perhaps needs to lose half a stone, and displays after internationals have been poor which wouldn't be a n issue on a bigger squad.

As i said. I was never saying he was a bad player, hes not. I was just saying you have paid £11m for a role you could fill just as well for free.

I happen to think you see MORE on TV than you do live. Pretty much the whole pitch is covered so its a myth that you dont see off the ball runs etc, you have twenty odd cameras covering as many angles as you wish to need and infinite replays and ij depth analysis. He has not been playing a defensive midfielder very much, hes been playing a sweeper pretty much. Dropping into the back 4 and Passing 5 yards completely unopposed in an uncontested part of the field.

Stats are stats. They tell you exactly what you want to know. How many successful tackles he makes, how many passes he completes and where on the field hes making them, forward passes, back passes, interceptions, blocks - the list is endless.

For me his passing and distribution is not good at all. Its into the 80% range now where as both Canas and Britton are in the 90% area. Both pass the ball far more often too and in a more congested part of the field rather than the back 4. I also dont think his positioning is very good, thats due to him not being very mobile, as you say hes a bit in the chunky side. His defensive duties are also distinctly average. Hes a neat and tidy player and thats about it.

I would quite happily bet that if his name was Christopher Jones, signed for free who didnt come with the "bad boy" tag then he would be slated on here week after week. Genuinely believe that. It will be interesting to see who's in for him if you fall through the trap door...

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:06 am

well thats the beauty of football i suppose, opinions.

i cant speak for others but where he comes from or previous rep doesnt bother me at all really. he is doing well, also considering its such a large change for himself and although there are lapses (gives away needless free kicks sometimes) he will go somewhere good if we go down, though we will probably then make a loss on his transfer fee.

The thing about stats is that it doesnt tell you the story behind the numbers, for example, our first goal v Man united involved all of our midfield, starting with Medel bringing the ball down and playing in whitts in space.

Was probably only a 5 yard pass, then some passes are poor, can still be sucsessful but put the reciever in trouble. For example, if Medel gives the ball 10 yards to whitts but he has 3 people around him, its still a sucsessful pass, but its not a good one.

Anyway, i see your not having to talk about Bony so much in the last few weeks! :lol: looks fit finally!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:20 am

Indeed. Time will continue to tell. Im sure OGS wont want him to play in a back 5 so we will see what hes like further advanced.

Hes definately the subject of overhyping due to his bad boy rep though, you had the tee-shirt makers frothing at the mouth before he had even stuck a cardiff top on - and half of those had never even heard of him before, hes still being widely called "medal" amongst your fan base. Just a bit of a cult hero rather than recieving adulation for good performances. Players like that get a bad pass described as ok, an average pass described as good, and a good pass described as the best pass ever seen. Im sure i even saw some people say hes one of, if not the, best defensive midfielder in the world... Which is amazing considering he has worse passing, defensive and attacking stats than our substitute defensive midfielder. And Hulls defensive midfielder is knocking spots of all of them, and he isnt even an international.

As for Bony, yes he finally looks like the player we bought. Oozing confidence at the moment. His shot looks lethal from range, something we havent had since Gylfi. Still not entirely convinced by his link up play. His hold up game has improved massively but hes not one for intricate passing which is something we do often. Looks a hell of a player though.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:27 am

thehumblegringo wrote:
Maybe the problem lies (as far as I'm concerned) in the fact that you do value your opinion so high that you cannot even contemplate the thought that you could be wrong so you distort every argument to try to convince yourself that you are right.

AMEN to that :thumbup:

It wasnt long ago he was arguing that Michu didnt play up front for them last season. :roll:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:35 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
Maybe the problem lies (as far as I'm concerned) in the fact that you do value your opinion so high that you cannot even contemplate the thought that you could be wrong so you distort every argument to try to convince yourself that you are right.

AMEN to that :thumbup:

It wasnt long ago he was arguing that Michu didnt play up front for them last season. :roll:

THIS - is the problem, not my posts.

I quite clearly made the point Michu is a midfielder not a striker and only fills in as striker when our options are limited... And now thats me saying he has never played uo front for us :lol:

If you cant win the debate... then change it - seems to be very much the POA from the trolls.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 am

Why are you putting up this years stats when I am talking about the discussion we had about last year? As Gringo said, twisitng things because you always have to be right. :roll:

Yes you initially made the point Michu is an attacking midfielder, but when pointed out he played more games in a striking position last year you argued the toss he didnt, saying Graham played more, when he quite clearly didnt. :roll:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:49 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Why are you putting up this years stats when I am talking about last yeaf?

because it is proving my original point.

Yes you initially made the point Michu is an attacking midfielder, but when pointed out he played more games in a striking position last year you argued the toss he didnt :roll:

again, if you cant win a debate then make stuff up. I said he played up front last year through necessity after we sold Graham and when he had fitness issues which led to his sale.... Which coincided with us being rubbish and barely winning - he is not a striker, has never been a striker and never will be a striker.

That was the thread, that was (and is) my point a and you can continue to change it and keep up the trolling that everyone is trying to get rid of :thumbright:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:00 am

No Roathie, the thread was Bony and then as per usual you derailed it to Michu and claimed Michu he only played upfront for you at the back end of the season :lol:

I am not arguing that he is a striker, I am arguing the point you are so desperate to be right you make things up ie: Michu only played up front for you the last third of last season.

As Gringo said, you are so desperate to be right you make things up and then believe it.

Heres the thread and Page 2 is where you make your ridiculous claims that he only played there back end of the season.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125861&start=30&hilit=michu&p=1297600&view=show#p1297600

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:No Roathie, the thread was Bony and then as per usual you derailed it to Michu and claimed Michu he only played upfront for you at the back end of the season :lol:

I am not arguing that he is a striker, I am arguing the point you are so desperate to be right you make things up ie: Michu only played up front for you the last third of last season.

As Gringo said, you are so desperate to be right you make things up and then believe it.

Heres the thread and Page 2 is where you make your ridiculous claims that he only played there back end of the season.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125861&start=30&hilit=michu&p=1297600&view=show#p1297600

I dont need to read the thread i know exactly what it was about. I said he isnt a striker... It was said he played mostly up front for us last season... I correctly disagreed and also made the point it was out of necessity rather than him actually being a striker through the sale of Graham.

35 Premier League appearances for us in 2012/13.

AMC - 18
Striker - 17

The vast majority of these striker appearances were when Graham was sold and mot replaced. These are facts, this was and is my point and yet again you are trying your damndest to prove wrong small points that are correct anyway. Its such a pointless excercise.

This thread alone proves there is much more a desperation to prove me wrong than me prove myself correct. I AM correct, and on,y have to prove it because of the desperate trolls trying to prove the great Roathie wrong.... Read the stats and enjoy. :thumbup:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:15 am

Although on the note of you making stuff up... Didnt you also say Canas was 4th choice captain at Betis and when brought up on it after ignoring it for weeks said "a guy in a kebab shop told me".

Polo, i dont mind you on this board, you are entertaining at times... but you are one of the biggest trolls on here... Of that there is no doubt what so ever.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:29 am

And there we have it in a nutshell, wont read the thread because the bullshit he claims in that thread contradicts what he is saying now.

Firstly the stat you just made up there for the Premier League ie 18 attacking midfield / 17 up front is not "a third (or "last third as you put it) it is practically half.

But as I said that was a made up stat anyway.

Here are the real stats as I know you love them so much.

Swansea played 51 games last season of which Michu played 47.

The two players you claimed played up front for the majority of the season were Graham and Shecter. They started just 20 games between them:

Graham started 13
Shechter started 7

Thats not even 40% of the games let alone two thirds.

So I take it back to Gringo's original point, you are so desperate to be right you just make things up and believe them rather than admit you are wrong.

Thats it from me on this thread. Game, set and match.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 am

RoathMagic has been shown as the silly troll that he is in this thread. Well done Mario Polotelli.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:37 am

TownhillMagic wrote:RoathMagic has been shown as the silly troll that he is in this thread. Well done Mario Polotelli.

By me being correct about michu being a midfielder? :lol:

Yep nice one Roath Magic obsessive troll account :laughing6:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:43 am

As Mario Polotelli has proved with stats, you were wrong about Michu only playing a small amount of the season and he has also proved this as an example of you making things up instead of admitting that you are not right. How embarrassing to be proved wrong by stats, a method you love to use yourself and make up sometimes.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:47 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:And there we have it in a nutshell, wont read the thread because the bullshit he claims in that thread contradicts what he is saying now.

feel free to quote me. I know exactly what my point is and the exact point i was making on the thread on question.

The points being Michu isnt a striker and he was forced to play there after Graham went... Which ones are you disputing exactly?

Firstly the stat you just made up there for the Premier League ie 18 attacking midfield / 17 up front is not "a third (or "last third as you put it) it is practically half.

so you are so angry that I was actually right you have decided I made it up :lol:

The majority of Michus striking appearances were when Danny Graham wasnt available though his sake or lack of fitness.

What is your issue with this fact? I think he played up front 5 times when Graham was fit and 12 when he wasnt :thumbup:

But as I said that was a made up stat anyway.

and as I said, the troll in you continues to make stuff up - count them clever clogs :thumbup:

Here are the real stats as I know you love them so much.

Swansea played 51 games last season of which Michu played 47.

the real stats are what I said they were. He played 35 premier league games for us last season and most were in midfield - FACT.

The two players you claimed played up front for the majority of the season were Graham and Shecter. They started just 20 games between them:

Graham started 13
Shechter started 7

Thats not even 40% of the games let alone two thirds.

so you decide to leave out Luke Moore and count the cup games :lol:

So I take it back to Gringo's original point, you are so desperate to be right you just make things up and believe them rather than admit you are wrong.

Gringo never even said that - you made that up too :lol:

Thats it from me on this thread. Game, set and match.

certaintly is game set match.

Michu has been proven to be a midfielder and played most of his premiership games in midfield, you have been proven to twist things and make things up while leaving out the likes of Luke Moore and made up what gringo said.... All the while continuing to ignore the Canas 4th choice captain at Betis lie.

You are a liar and a troll - game set match roathie once more :thumbright:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:48 am

TownhillMagic wrote:As Mario Polotelli has proved with stats, you were wrong about Michu only playing a small amount of the season and he has also proved this as an example of you making things up instead of admitting that you are not right. How embarrassing to be proved wrong by stats, a method you love to use yourself and make up sometimes.

I said Michu played most of his matches up front when Graham wasnt available - this is a fact.

He was sold in January and had fitness issues in December. When available Michu was given the nod 5 times. - fact.

I said Michu played most of his premier league games for us in midfield last season - this is a fact.

Dance around it all you wish, but these are the facts mr troll and this is and always has been the point to prove he is not a striker... Which Mario himself has said he agreed with ironically enough :thumbup:
Last edited by Castro on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:49 am

As early as October last year Michu was upfront and Graham on the bench but he, he only played the last third up front :lol:

And why shouldnt we count cup games, the thread was about Bony and you were counting the goals he scored in the Europa League qualifiers :lol:

Twisting and turning and getting knotted, Roathie. :thumbup:
Last edited by Mario Polotelli on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:52 am

Go on Mario Polotelli, you have got RoathMagic on the ropes here.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:53 am

Roathies getting owned here. :happy1:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:54 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:As early as October last year Michu was upfront and Graham on the bench but he, he only played the last third up front :lol:

Certainly was. Which part of Graham facing fitness issues is confusing you.

Considering you are on a troll binge... My point was that Michu is not a striker and he played the amount of games up front due to him being forced there by lack of options was it not?

Now tell me, do you actually disagree with this or just being the troll and disputing things that don't affect the opinion? This is the exact behaviour we are discussing on this thread.

You are currently getting your knickers in a twist over something we both know was not the issue in hand. Its like you saying you are really tall because you are 8 foot 3 inches and me saying you were measuring with your shoes on and in my opinion you are 8 foot 2 inches :lol:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:55 am

CantonG wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:what is a troll???
i got accused of being one yet i post so infrequently! guess will have to choose what subjects i respond to more carefully! but annoying bit is known trolls get away with abuse and constant arguing and get away with it with impunity? :old:

I called sum1 a buffoon and got a board warning off annis for being a troll. Laughable really, I have one account just chec my I.p.

That is wrong. CantonG is also known as BobbyBlue, BigBadG and BiggyG. What's more ridiculous is him using other accounts to back his own posts up. He's very much like RoathMagic in that respect.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:Roathies getting owned here. :happy1:

:lol: people love saying that dont they... My opinion is that Michu isnt a striker, that is clearly the issue in hand... prove that wrong and we will talk about getting owned..

Until then, im just fielding the ramblings of a troll. :thumbup:

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:57 am

RoathMagic is sat in his little bedroom and pretending to be in Australia while getting muddled up by Mario Polotelli. The issue is that RoathMagic was incorrect about Michu only playing the last third of the season up front. Now he has been proved wrong, he is trying to change the argument to one about Michu being a striker. All this in a thread about bony.

TROLL
Last edited by TownhillMagic on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:58 am

TownhillMagic wrote:
I called sum1 a buffoon and got a board warning off annis for being a troll. Laughable really, I have one account just chec my I.p.

Thanks Polo :lol:

Troll strikes again :D
Last edited by Castro on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.