Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Trolls and abusers

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 am

The banter has gone, far too many multis and people allowed to change their name every week.

Found myself not bothering to reply to any new accounts.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:The banter has gone, far too many multis and people allowed to change their name every week.

You're one of few posters on here who actually talks any sense though when it comes to footballing matters. Only reason I stick around is to talk to the likes of you, the mods and a few others and then half a laugh with Bluebird1977's half time and full time synopsis of each game which usually is something along the lines of 'more hoof ball again'.

:laughing6:

Polo, just put them on ignore. I've got plenty of accounts on ignore now and its much better talking to the sensible ones and the Norwegians.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 am

I don't understand why someone would have more than one account or alias etc - that's just another mark of a troll to me.

I also don't understand why you'd want to register as a member on a rival club's forum and slag off their team - again, trolling with an obsession. I've got pretty much all the jacks on ignore.

Something else that annoys me is this; banter is fine, but when you get called a dick etc for stating an opinion someone doesn't agree with, that to me is also trolling - you wouldn't say that to someone in a pub or you'd get bottled in the face. So why do it at all?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:28 am

Castro wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I think some of the replies come from the fact that some dick heads feel the need to have 100 different usernames to be fair.

I know when I answered, though I gave the OP a proper response part of me was thinking that it could well be that tw*t roathy

That's irony in the extreme :lol:

You call me a tw@ for giving my opinions and not giving into these trolls and abusers and then go on to name call.

Even more ironic is that Norwegian was getting abuse for posting like me even though everyone recognised it was a decent post after he said who he was :lol:

Speaks volumes

Look I'm going to get involved in a 50 post debate with as I see that as the biggest problem. I'll say my part and that will be it, you can disagree but I won't come back again.

First of all, to be fair this castro account has been an improvement on all the other incarnations of your dear self. You don't just seem to be looking for a pointless argument and trying to be right even when you know you are wrong.

The reason I was suspicious that some of the Norwegian posters could have been you is because I don't think you are daft or stupid (just a bit weird). So I know that you are capable of disguising yourself or starting of a debate with a reasonable post before you inject your anti cardiff city bitter bile all over it.

As was proved when you were debating Gary Medel with me a polo a while back, you started debating one thing then you subtly twist it so that by the end of thread, the debate gets lost on a mire of shit and bollocks.

If you came on here with something reasonable to say and could debate fairly then I would have no problem but when a thread is started about (for example) and by the end of the thread the subject is Leon f*cking britton, you must see that this spoilt the thread (obviously on one off occasions this is possible but I'm talking about this being the trend)

As I said this castro account has been an improvement on previous accounts and believe it or not I have even agreed with a few of posts!!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07 am

thehumblegringo wrote:
Castro wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I think some of the replies come from the fact that some dick heads feel the need to have 100 different usernames to be fair.

I know when I answered, though I gave the OP a proper response part of me was thinking that it could well be that tw*t roathy

You call me a tw@ for giving my opinions and not giving into these trolls and abusers and then go on to name call.

Even more ironic is that Norwegian was getting abuse for posting like me even though everyone recognised it was a decent post after he said who he was :lol:

Speaks volumes

Look I'm going to get involved in a 50 post debate with as I see that as the biggest problem. I'll say my part and that will be it, you can disagree but I won't come back again.

First of all, to be fair this castro account has been an improvement on all the other incarnations of your dear self. You don't just seem to be looking for a pointless argument and trying to be right even when you know you are wrong.

The reason I was suspicious that some of the Norwegian posters could have been you is because I don't think you are daft or stupid (just a bit weird). So I know that you are capable of disguising yourself or starting of a debate with a reasonable post before you inject your anti cardiff city bitter bile all over it.

As was proved when you were debating Gary Medel with me a polo a while back, you started debating one thing then you subtly twist it so that by the end of thread, the debate gets lost on a mire of shit and bollocks.

If you came on here with something reasonable to say and could debate fairly then I would have no problem but when a thread is started about (for example) and by the end of the thread the subject is Leon f*cking britton, you must see that this spoilt the thread (obviously on one off occasions this is possible but I'm talking about this being the trend)

As I said this castro account has been an improvement on previous accounts and believe it or not I have even agreed with a few of posts!!

In all fairness Castro might be controversial on times and I wouldnt say I agree with all his views but in my opinion he writes intelligently and with no little knowledge. Also I'm not aware of him resorting to abuse or these silly little " Roathie" epithets just because something has been written which people might disagree with.

I noticed with some of the Norwegian posts they were starting to get abuse from certain less well informed "Herberts" and I found that nauseating in the extreme.

If we cant debate here intelligently and with humour despite having different opinions on players, colours, owners, managers etc without some people getting fretful and abusive then its very sad.

I for one welcome all opinions and enjoy critiquing matters with all comers but refuse to abuse anyone just because their opinion is different from mine. Oh and I'm not going to be calling anyone "Roathie" unless he/ she lives in Roath itself!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:18 am

City Slicker wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
Castro wrote:

Speaks volumes

In all fairness Castro might be controversial on times and I wouldnt say I agree with all his views but in my opinion he writes intelligently and with no little knowledge. Also I'm not aware of him resorting to abuse or these silly little " Roathie" epithets just because something has been written which people might disagree with.

I noticed with some of the Norwegian posts they were starting to get abuse from certain less well informed "Herberts" and I found that nauseating in the extreme.

If we cant debate here intelligently and with humour despite having different opinions on players, colours, owners, managers etc without some people getting fretful and abusive then its very sad.

I for one welcome all opinions and enjoy critiquing matters with all comers but refuse to abuse anyone just because their opinion is different from mine. Oh and I'm not going to be calling anyone "Roathie" unless he/ she lives in Roath itself!

Mate, you're obviously new to this board and I agree I did find it a little cringe worthy seeing the Norwegians being abused, but on the other hand you probably never witnessed Roath magic canton magic or one of the other 2000 names he has named himself at his derailing best!
Anybody with a morsel of intelligence would understand that he was only here to cause havoc and he didn't find it very difficult to succeed (unless lakey or gavin were bored and felt like spending the day banning his numerous aliases).

To be fair to him (though he was definitely the worst by a country mile) he wasn't the only one guilty of this. Barnett has already admitted that he used to do this and of course our own Barry chuckles would also feel the need to have bitchy tit for tat arguments consisting of about 3 pages so the purpose of the original poster is lost among the bollocks and everyone else has given up!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:20 am

Gringo, City Slicker isnt new hes just another multi.

One ive got on ignore.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Gringo, City Slicker isnt new hes just another multi.

One ive got on ignore.

I was a bit slow there mate!
They're f*cking everywhere. It gets to the point where you think f**k it.

I think the boards should be invitation only. But then again some of these new Norwegians are among the best posters on here, so I don't know what the answer is.

What's you thoughts on the new regime so far?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:30 am

thehumblegringo wrote:

One ive got on ignore.

I think the boards should be invitation only. But then again some of these new Norwegians are among the best posters on here, so I don't know what the answer is.

Happy with what I am hearing and reading mate. As you know I was never a big fan of Malkys football and with Ole confirming he wants to play a more expansive game then I am happy with that.

Wether weve got the players to play that way remains to be seen because as weve discussed MM hasnt build a very creative squad but I trust OGS to address that.

I think we need to win at least 5 of our remaining 9 home games so Saturday is a must win for me.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 am

CantonG wrote:

That's what I thought some1 pretending to support cardiff by saying the players r shit, how do we actually know they guy is Norwegian. Bit of a coincedence all these Norwegians popping up with spot on English :lol:

Not that it's hard to have better English than you, but Norwegians are well known for having near perfect English.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:48 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

One ive got on ignore.

Happy with what I am hearing and reading mate. As you know I was never a big fan of Malkys football and with Ole confirming he wants to play a more expansive game then I am happy with that.

Wether weve got the players to play that way remains to be seen because as weve discussed MM hasnt build a very creative squad but I trust OGS to address that.

I think we need to win at least 5 of our remaining 9 home games so Saturday is a must win for me.

I must admit I was more worried about playing teams like palace and Hull at home than I was playing United home under malky.
I thought Malky's style of play suited playing the big teams home and on the whole I thought we have done well after some tough home fixtures.
Teams that park the may have been more difficult, though we did alright last season home so maybe I'm wrong.

I'm buzzing that ole has signed two footballers straight away and hopefully they can add some balance.

I notice the Norwegian posters who haven't seen much of us are worried that these players we have signed may need some protection around them as they are not the most defensive minded players. I don't think they need to worry about that as we already have that in abundance. I'm probably being a bit harsh when I say that we're not short of a few 'water carriers'!

I'm happy that we now have the prospect of seeing some players who like to get on the ball and can 'see a pass'.

I admit I'm looking forward to Saturdays game more than I have for a long long time.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:what is a troll???
i got accused of being one yet i post so infrequently! guess will have to choose what subjects i respond to more carefully! but annoying bit is known trolls get away with abuse and constant arguing and get away with it with impunity? :old:

:lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:24 am

Gringo, I agree mate, I am buzzing for Saturday. Feels like the beginning of the season again.

Massive 6 pointer, we got to go for their throat from the off. They are so lacking in confidence at the minute that an early goal from us and their heads will drop. I thought some of the effort from their players last night was a disgrace to the proffession. That Diame was a joke.

I am hoping with the buzz of a new regime and it being OGS first home game we will take this approach.

I just hope theres no more demonstrating and bringing a negative vibe around the place. The team needs us now, it doesnt need the Blackburn Rovers approach.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:30 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Gringo, I agree mate, I am buzzing for Saturday. Feels like the beginning of the season again.

Massive 6 pointer, we got to go for their throat from the off. They are so lacking in confidence at the minute that an early goal from us and their heads will drop. I thought some of the effort from their players last night was a disgrace to the proffession. That Diame was a joke.

I am hoping with the buzz of a new regime and it being OGS first home game we will take this approach.

I just hope theres no more demonstrating and bringing a negative vibe around the place. The team needs us now, it doesnt need the Blackburn Rovers approach.

This should be stickied. Its 100% right.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:42 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Gringo, I agree mate, I am buzzing for Saturday. Feels like the beginning of the season again.

they're definitely there for the taking, but it's never as simple as that with cardiff city mate. We're probably the only club in the whole football league who is capable of losing this game 4-0 on Saturday!

I totally agree about the demonstrations Saturday. There's a place for demonstrations but I was gutted to hear people around me singing anti tan songs when we were 2-1 against Sunderland holding on by the skin of our teeth!

I hate the Southampton analogy, as every fan interviewed on sky sports news thinks if they sack their manager they will go from strength to strength like they did.

I think Southampton was a one off. I think our situation is a bit more like the one at Everton. Moyes had them playing in economical way, honest players, hard to beat. Martinez has come into a club with solid foundations already laid and has put his stamp on the team and they are now expressing themselves. If Solskjaer can do anywhere near what Martinez has done at Everton I'll be a very happy man.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:The banter has gone, far too many multis and people allowed to change their name every week.

the thing is with this board you have your trolls and you have people who disagree with the heirachy. i know that the last time there was a cull a few months back a couple of guys who travel on the same bus as me got their accounts deleted because they were deemed to be trolls by the mods. both guys were decent posters but had outspoken views about sam and the rebrand etc so i believe if you have outspoken different views to the heirachy you can be banned for that reason.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Thats a complete Kop out Humblegringo.

Ive never once changed my posting style. Im the same now as I was when I initially signed up. The only change is when I get banned and have to change my username. If that still gets me banned then I still say my piece but from "a cardiff fan" as its harder to ban one of your own - yet my opinion and posts remain the same. Its a case of protecting free speech than trolling.

Regarding the Gary Medel thread, I stand by everything i said - as always. I think hes an expensive luxury and his performances have proved me correct thus far and also the fact you are lacking in other areas as a result has proved correct thus far. Whatever opinion i get slated for tends to become the boards norm opinion months later. I just see it before most.

And finally im amazed you think I am "anti cardiff" - i would like to think whether you like me or dislike me, agree with me or disagree with me then you could still see I am one of the few people that say it how it is regardless of if it sounds bad on Swansea or Cardiff - i have no time for bias. Pointless trait.

I see time and time again people crying foul regarding trolls when they happily troll themselves but think its okay because its "just roathie" - i speak some of the most sense on here, have done for years - and that is what pisses people off. Not that anyone would admit it of course :D
Last edited by Castro on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Hope we are not expecting too much too soon. OGS only been here a week, may not be long enough to get players used to new tactics, haven't had much experience of attacking this season so may find it strange spending time in the opposition half. Important game, but win won't guarantee survival in the same way as defeat won't condemn us to the championship. Probably a good time to play them, their confidence must be shot to pieces. I'm predicting a 2-0 win for us.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Castro wrote:Thats a complete Kop out Humblegringo.

Ive never once changed my posting style. Im the same now as I was when I initially signed up. The only change is when I get banned and have to change my username. If that still gets me banned then I still say my piece but from "a cardiff fan" as its harder to ban one of your own - yet my opinion and posts remain the same. Its a case of protecting free speech than trolling.

Regarding the Gary Medel thread, I stand by everything i said - as always. I think hes an expensive luxury and his performances have proved me correct thus far and also the fact you are lacking in other areas as a result has proved correct thus far. Whatever opinion i get slated for tends to become the boards norm opinion months later. I just see it before most.

And finally im amazed you think I am "anti cardiff" - i would like to think whether you like me or dislike me, agree with me or disagree with me then you could still see I am one of the few people that say it how it is regardless of if it sounds bad on Swansea or Cardiff - i have no time for bias. Pointless trait.

I see time and time again people crying foul regarding trolls when they happily troll themselves but think its okay because its "just roathie" - i speak some of the most sense on here, have done for years - and that is what pisses people off. Not that anyone would admit it of course :D

It's not a cop out lad. I'm not going to go into the Medel thing again. We are happy with him and he plays for us, so that makes everyone happy.

Personally I would prefer it if there were no jacks on this forum but that's not my call.
But from an objective view, there are some good and some bad.
Scotsjack seems a totally decent guy. Swansealad makes me laugh and would probably be someone I'd get along with if I knew him.
NJ73 is quite sharp and you've got to be up early in the morning to catch him out. I can understand why him waddle and bysedd come on here as it must be comedy gold for them at times!

You however are more than a bit affected imo.
I'm a cardiff fan, and I like to hear about my club and read people's opinions on players, manager and everything to do with #ccfc. However if I got banned from every cardiff forum I honestly wouldn't give a f**k. I'd just move on and find something else to do. I don't understand why it's so important to you to be on here!
Maybe the problem lies (as far as I'm concerned) in the fact that you do value your opinion so high that you cannot even contemplate the thought that you could be wrong so you distort every argument to try to convince yourself that you are right.
I don't know mate, whatever the reason you certainly must have some personality clashes over the years in the real world!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:20 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Castro wrote:Thats a complete Kop out Humblegringo.

It's not a cop out lad. I'm not going to go into the Medel thing again. We are happy with him and he plays for us, so that makes everyone happy.

Personally I would prefer it if there were no jacks on this forum but that's not my call.
But from an objective view, there are some good and some bad.
Scotsjack seems a totally decent guy. Swansealad makes me laugh and would probably be someone I'd get along with if I knew him.
NJ73 is quite sharp and you've got to be up early in the morning to catch him out. I can understand why him waddle and bysedd come on here as it must be comedy gold for them at times!

You however are more than a bit affected imo.
I'm a cardiff fan, and I like to hear about my club and read people's opinions on players, manager and everything to do with #ccfc. However if I got banned from every cardiff forum I honestly wouldn't give a f**k. I'd just move on and find something else to do. I don't understand why it's so important to you to be on here!
Maybe the problem lies (as far as I'm concerned) in the fact that you do value your opinion so high that you cannot even contemplate the thought that you could be wrong so you distort every argument to try to convince yourself that you are right.
I don't know mate, whatever the reason you certainly must have some personality clashes over the years in the real world!

NJ73 is a good poster but clearly biased same as Bysedd. Scotsjack is not a great poster, he is only hailed as that because he panders to you - overly so, to the point his opinion is affected by it . He will say a result is good even when its not, just to be seen as "the good jack"

Im not affected in the slightest. Im just a fella that likes to talk football, its not "important" for me to be here at all, but as of yet i havent encountered a situation which makes me feel like i should leave. I never joined up to make friends so the fact people dislike me because i say it how it is certainly doesnt put me off.... If I get banned, so what - i make a new username. It takes all of 15 seconds. Its hardly walking on hot coals. :lol:

I dont think ive had many personality clashes at all in real life, easy going guy. However in real life you dont tend to get people saying "f**k off you tw*t" if they disagree with you.

I never "argue" i debate. In order to argue, it would mean ive lost my temper somewhat, which I dont think i have ever done in my life regarding an internet forum :D

Of course I value my opinion highly. I am myself....if i didnt value my opinion highly on a subject ive lived and breathed for most of my life then what hope is there? The problem lies when people dont think for themselves and assume "i must be wrong as the bloke on the telly disagrees" - i cant and never will get my head around that. People seem to be offended by the fact I know what im talking about and stand by my convictions irrespective of whether Chris Kamara or Paul Merson thinks otherwise... And time and time again I get proved correct.

Medel again - its not a case of whether hes a tidy player or whether you are happy with him. Its a case of you vastly overpaying and thus having a major lack of quality in the rest of the side - this has clearly happened and exactly what I was saying back then.... Which I got banned for... And which the majority now recognise as accurate.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:39 pm

One ive got on ignore.

Oh dear Polo this sounds like paranoia to me! Dont worry I'm not a "multi" and I dont live in Roath. But I'm more than happy for you to ignore me; its a free world!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:48 pm

modern football fans seem to live and die by the messageboards and internet these days.Its amazing how serious and to heart people take comments on here.
I rarely post anymore,the banters shit even from the jacks and id rather talk football with fellow fans at the actual games face to face,support my team Cardiff city and not worry about the politics.

(The juan mata sightings thread was the best thing on here for months)

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Btw disagree with Castro on Medel. Quite possibly we paid over the odds for him ala other Malky signings but he is our linchpin in midfield. Without him we struggle, as recent matches have indicated. In my opinion we have a poor midfield by Premier standards and Whittingham is the weak link. I'm hoping the signings of Eikrem and Daelhi will give us a boost in this area.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm

City Slicker wrote:Btw disagree with Castro on Medel. Quite possibly we paid over the odds for him ala other Malky signings but he is our linchpin in midfield. Without him we struggle, as recent matches have indicated. In my opinion we have a poor midfield by Premier standards and Whittingham is the weak link. I'm hoping the signings of Eikrem and Daelhi will give us a boost in this area.

you realise we won away against newcastle without him right?

Medel has been superb this season bar the odd game, however he is right in saying that the transfer fee stopped us getting players in other areas which we needed.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Btw disagree with Castro on Medel. Quite possibly we paid over the odds for him ala other Malky signings but he is our linchpin in midfield. Without him we struggle, as recent matches have indicated. In my opinion we have a poor midfield by Premier standards and Whittingham is the weak link. I'm hoping the signings of Eikrem and Daelhi will give us a boost in this area.

Quite right Paul, point taken. I wouldn't be comfortable with Medel missing too many games though, he really is important to us. However your point is well made; with better negotiating skills from Moody and Malky we might well have got much better value.

you realise we won away against newcastle without him right?

Medel has been superb this season bar the odd game, however he is right in saying that the transfer fee stopped us getting players in other areas which we needed.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Matt D wrote:Something else that annoys me is this; banter is fine, but when you get called a dick etc for stating an opinion someone doesn't agree with, that to me is also trolling - you wouldn't say that to someone in a pub or you'd get bottled in the face. So why do it at all?

You must drink in some rough places :lol:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:27 pm

It all died a death when the report button was being pushed every 5 minutes and the mods hurried to sort it out every f*cking time, even when it was plainly innocent banter.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:
CantonG wrote:
i got accused of being one yet i post so infrequently! guess will have to choose what subjects i respond to more carefully! but annoying bit is known trolls get away with abuse and constant arguing and get away with it with impunity? :old:

I called sum1 a buffoon and got a board warning off annis for being a troll. Laughable really, I have one account just chec my I.p.

I check this board daily, always read most threads, a lot of people disagree quite regurly but u I notice quite regular threatening people on here after a discussion. That IMO is a troll and abuser, grow up u need to big time, giving out our address and telling someone to come and see u :lol: best thing for someone to do with that address is order a massive Chinese to it, or about 50 taxis a day. That'll teach u :malky:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Valleybluebird wrote:
CantonG wrote:

I called sum1 a buffoon and got a board warning off annis for being a troll. Laughable really, I have one account just chec my I.p.

I check this board daily, always read most threads, a lot of people disagree quite regurly but u I notice quite regular threatening people on here after a discussion. That IMO is a troll and abuser, grow up u need to big time, giving out our address and telling someone to come and see u :lol: best thing for someone to do with that address is order a massive Chinese to it, or about 50 taxis a day. That'll teach u :malky:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Spot on Valleybluebird!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 pm

CantonG wrote:

That's what I thought some1 pretending to support cardiff by saying the players r shit, how do we actually know they guy is Norwegian. Bit of a coincedence all these Norwegians popping up with spot on English :lol:

Hey CantonG.

I'll speak for some of the Norwegians in here. Most of us are Solskjær fans, so Cardiff has become for many of us the 2'nd club in the Prem. As for our spot on English ?!?! Wow, great to hear. But as you might not know, we learn English in school from an early age, so most of us are ok in both the written and spoken language.

As for my self, I'm part Yank. My mother, may she rest in peace, was from Long Beach, California, so my English was taught to me before I even spoke Norwegian.

Hope this clears up a bit for you mate.

Good luck against The Hammers come saturday.. I know a lot of us here in Norway will see this game in anticipation.