Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' At this very moment both players '

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Norwegians Magnus Wolff Eikrem and Mats Møller Dæhli are having their medicals.
City expected to announce their signings either late tonight or prob tomorrow morning. :thumbup:

image.jpg

The Vale is packed with the Norwegian Media.

One thing they have all said is well done on Cardiff Fans keeping their BLUE :thumbup: :thumbup:
It has been noted and has been reported back in the Norwegian press, they will be out in full force for the West Ham game and many went to Newcastle. :ayatollah:

Ben Nugent has returned to Cardiff after his loan spell at Brentford ended.

My only concern is I hope both players are up to the class of the Premier League and are as good if not better than we already have. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' At this very moment both players '

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:25 pm

I just want to see them officially signed, new signings are always exciting

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm

How much did we pay for these two players?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Legs 11 wrote:How much did we pay for these two players?

we haven't signed them yet

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:29 pm

A combined £5m, according to reports.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Deano1 wrote:

we haven't signed them yet

As good as done,must have been some figures mentioned.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Jollffe wrote:

Bargain. Eikrem should be ready to go straight into the team, Matts may take more time

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Jollffe wrote:

Thanks just wanted a rough estimate,leaves plenty in the kitty for more signings. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:34 pm

any truth in zaha loan deal annis? :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Hopefully they'll be players who can keep hold of the ball and pass well, we need some of them desperately in our midfield at present, we give the ball away too easily too often at the moment.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 pm

I assume there's not too much difference between the Dutch league and the Norwegian league. I really like the style of play in the Dutch league with the likes of PSV, Ajax and Twente. Should be exciting signings, I wasn't to exited at first.

My only worry, if they're not quite up to Prem standard, and will Ole keep using them instead of our current players if they aren't good enough

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 pm

CantonJack wrote:I assume there's not too much difference between the Dutch league and the Norwegian league. I really like the style of play in the Dutch league with the likes of PSV, Ajax and Twente. Should be exciting signings, I wasn't to exited at first.

My only worry, if they're not quite up to Prem standard, and will Ole keep using them instead of our current players if they aren't good enough

Eikrem will slot right in, looks a class player, the Dutch league is a good league with eikrems x team doing well. Matts might take a little longer to settle in but is quality and has been compared to Januzai

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:59 pm

I trust Ole's judgement ,he knows these players well.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:05 pm

CantonJack wrote:I assume there's not too much difference between the Dutch league and the Norwegian league. I really like the style of play in the Dutch league with the likes of PSV, Ajax and Twente. Should be exciting signings, I wasn't to exited at first.

Eh, the Dutch league is quite a bit better than the Norwegian. I suspect if you merged the two leagues you'd find only the top half of what was the Norwegian league would be competitive to stay in it, with maybe 4 teams being able to place high-ish.

I'm pretty sure European league standard is Spain > Germany > Italy/ Britain (equal) > Portugal > Turkey > Netherlands. So the 7th best league in Europe in my opinion. Norway is a little bit better than Austria, which is quite low, about 30th.

There are too many nonsense anti-competitive rules forced upon Norwegian teams for the league to ever become relevant, such as clubs not being able to top youth teams, they have to give everyone, including the nearsighted acne-ridden lad who can't tell a towel from the ball, a chance. Kind of a forced rotation of youngsters, wasting a lot of experience on duds and strangling promising players' development.

Luckily, the best U16s tend to get picked up by British and Italian teams before it is (much) too late.
Last edited by hexecutive on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Think Eikram will replace Whitts, think the younger one will be more a bench player. Both technically gifted which has got to be good.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Annis in Ole I trust just like you said about Malky :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Eikrem

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Im not saying they are not signing but saying the vale is full of norwegian press is absolute rubbish as i personally have just come from the vale. Both players expected to be anounced tomorrow sp thats prob when the media will be there

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Double G wrote:Im not saying they are not signing but saying the vale is full of norwegian press is absolute rubbish as i personally have just come from the vale. Both players expected to be anounced tomorrow sp thats prob when the media will be there

Well I am here now and have been since 12pm as I booked a night here 6 weeks ago(well wife did), to come away and I have spent an hour talking to them, u should of introduced yourself :D

Ive got dinner booked for 7.30pm, say hello :thumbup:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:35 pm

barriboy wrote:Think Eikram will replace Whitts, think the younger one will be more a bench player. Both technically gifted which has got to be good.

Maybe not, Daelhi he has been compared to Januzai of man utd, if not better.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Iv left now. I did go for a nose down towards the cardiff city training area but there was black gates across not letting anyone in :thumbright:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Double G wrote:Iv left now. I did go for a nose down towards the cardiff city training area but there was black gates across not letting anyone in :thumbright:

U can come back as my guest :thumbup:

I thought u said there were No Norwegian media here?

There are plenty of them in the bar and reception.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:43 pm

I didnt say there wasnt any there. I said it wasnt full of them as your original post says !
Dont get me wrong theres bound to be some there, but not as full as i expected.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Double G wrote:I didnt say there wasnt any there. I said it wasnt full of them as your original post says !
Dont get me wrong theres bound to be some there, but not as full as i expected.

:roll:

Also media Wales put out last night the New players were having Medicals then.
But they had them this afternoon which I have posted above :thumbup:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Will they be announced as Cardiff players today?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 pm

If Ole likes them, then there is little doubt they have talent. Only time will tell if they can exhibit their talent in the intensity, physicality, and speed of the Premier League. Some players make the transition seamlessly and some don't. Hopefully Ole has the ability to recognize those who can be successful in England.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Striker 10 wrote:Will they be announced as Cardiff players today?

They will be unveiled to the media tomorrow :thumbup:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:35 pm

ccfc_4_life wrote:any truth in zaha loan deal annis? :ayatollah:

All I was told was there are few more players to be signed in this transfer period after the Norwegian players are announced :thumbup:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:33 pm

exciting times but I do think Ole or anyother manager at this level would only bring in players that are better than we have at the moment .

All sounds good be a good idea if you stayed there for a week Annis let us no all the info then as it happens :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfc_4_life wrote:any truth in zaha loan deal annis? :ayatollah:

All I was told was there are few more players to be signed in this transfer period after the Norwegian players are announced :thumbup:

Jesus he's going for it quickly, and it sounds like he is being fully backed, can't ask for more than that.

I think we will be alright, we have a great February but may need to keep our nerve and could drop I to the bottom three in the next three weeks with tough games against ManU and Man City away?

West Ham is a massive game :ayatollah: