Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Odemwingie

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:20 am

If Malky miraculously avoids the sack, this player won't be playing for him again.
Malky always let's a poor individual performance slide, but Ode didn't put in an ounce of effort yesterday and I think MM will feel let down by Ode. Didn't close down the ball enough, gave away too many freekicks, lost the ball on multiple occasions and just didn't look interested. Campbell came on and relieved the stress on the defence, by running the lines, closing the ball down and holding up play. Far more effective than Ode.

Thought AC looked promising too!

Re: Peter Odemwingie

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:29 am

He's a lazy git, not sure why, he has all the skill and used to have the speed.

Needs to buck his ideas up or is going to get slaughtered, Campbell is far better in that role, just needs help when up front.

And how Caulker didn't get a penalty for the assualt in the second half?

Well worth watching the second half performance, now they need to work on doing it for 90 minutes!!!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:42 am

He's been awful since he's arived, saying that whittingham in my opinion is becoming a liability as well.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:45 am

He's looking a little like Bothroyd lately - lazy.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:48 am

Matt D wrote:He's looking a little like Bothroyd lately - lazy.

God hope he's not providing a taxi service as well!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:03 am

He will never be a lone striker, especially in this set up. Odd to play him as one.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 am

in his prime 26/30 he was at best a half decent player.

hes now almost 33 and not at his best and hes not going to get any better at this stage in his career 100% not what this club needs to improve.
a useful addition as a sub.
We need to put him on the wing or drop him

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:23 am

2blue2handle wrote:He will never be a lone striker, especially in this set up. Odd to play him as one.

Very odd, indeed. Don't think he scored 30 odd goals for West Brom playing as a lone striker.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:26 am

Odemwingie was nowhere to be seen yesterday and for me, has not been since he arrived? But he maybe being played out of position?

Agreed that Campbell looks sharper and quicker

Said it all along - Campbell and Cornelius (big guy/little guy) - explosive partnership. (Toshack-Clarke 60's/70's , Alston-Evans 70's)

People are starting to question Cornelius on the ball but you take a look at most big tall centre forwards, now and in the past, they always look lathargic and akward on the ball - but power, heading ability and being in the right place at the right time is the game. (Toshack, Drogba, Ruud Guilit, Adabayor, Crouch).

Bloooobirds !!! :old: :old: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:36 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:He will never be a lone striker, especially in this set up. Odd to play him as one.

Very odd, indeed. Don't think he scored 30 odd goals for West Brom playing as a lone striker.

Seems to do a decent job on the wing all being said, the modern game requires a striker to do all stated in the OP.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm

We can all see he can't play that position so why can't malky !!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:47 pm

citygardens73 wrote:

We can all see he can't play that position so why can't malky !!

Cos we never splashed £2 million quid for a "non" lone striker

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:54 pm

To be fair he did well as a lone striker v Swansea

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Super Kev wrote:To be fair he did well as a lone striker v Swansea

In my opinion Campbell plays the position better than Odemwingie .

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Whittingham becoming a liability? Deary me. :lol:

He set up the goal yesterday and has set up others as well.

His set pieces might be poor time to time but he has got us a few goals from them.

Also Odemwingie is not a lone striker and I feel for our strikers who play the lone roll as we simply haven't got the class behind the striker to play a lone one.

He has had a few decent performances like Fulham away, Newcastle home, Swansea home.. been poor in the others.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:06 pm

citygardens73 wrote:
Super Kev wrote:To be fair he did well as a lone striker v Swansea

In my opinion Campbell plays the position better than Odemwingie .

Yeah I agree. I think Cornelius is our best option though. Has a bit of everything by the looks

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Whittingham becoming a liability? Deary me. :lol:

His set pieces might be poor time to time but he has got us a few goals from them.

Also Odemwingie is not a lone striker and I feel for our strikers who play the lone roll as we simply haven't got the class behind the striker to play a lone one.

He has had a few decent performances like Fulham away, Newcastle home, Swansea home.. been poor in the others.

You need help! :o

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Matt D wrote:He's looking a little like Bothroyd lately - lazy.

Agreed but nowhere as effective as Bothroyd though

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:38 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Explain on what bit I need help with?

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:44 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I really think its how you seem to view Whittingham in particular. At one time he was a good Championship player but his time has been and gone. He's light years away from Premiership quality and his ''assists'' (mostly corners) really doesn't make up for the liability he has become. At times its like we have only 10 men on the pitch, and he's taking up the space of better players. Time for us to demand more quality I think

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:48 pm

City Slicker wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I really think its how you seem to view Whittingham in particular. At one time he was a good Championship player but his time has been and gone. He's light years away from Premiership quality and his ''assists'' (mostly corners) really doesn't make up for the liability he has become. At times its like we have only 10 men on the pitch, and he's taking up the space of better players. Time for us to demand more quality I think

You don't attend games.

Pirlo is still tipped as World Class to some but he isn't exactly sprinting 24/7 or breaking through the defence with sprints and pace but more known for his passing, set pieces.

You take Whitts out of our team and one of our main areas of a threat is gone.

I can't believe how deluded you sound.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

You don't attend games.

Pirlo is still tipped as World Class to some but he isn't exactly sprinting 24/7 or breaking through the defence with sprints and pace but more known for his passing, set pieces.

You take Whitts out of our team and one of our main areas of a threat is gone.

I can't believe how deluded you sound.

Who said I don't attend games? I cant even stretch my memory back long enough to remember when last I missed one! I see the guy all the time and I'm not talking about Pirlo, he doesn't play for Cardiff City! If you're comparing a journeyman like Whittingham to Pirlo then I dont think its me who is deluded! You're entitled to your opinion mate and good luck to you but if we took Whittingham out I think you will find we will be much more of a potent force.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:15 am

Not comparing but they have the same attributes. Just Pirlo is on a different planet.