Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BBC:VINCENT TAN SAYS " RESIGN OR I WILL SACK U "

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:02 pm

"Cardiff boss Malky Mackay is told by owner Vincent Tan in a highly critical email to resign or he will be sacked, BBC Sport understands."

‏@BBCSport
Cardiff boss Malky Mackay is told by owner Vincent Tan in a highly critical email to resign or he will be sacked, BBC Sport understands.

Thursday 19th December 2013.

Cardiff City: Malky Mackay told to quit or be sacked by Vincent Tan

By David Ornstein
BBC Sport
Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay has been told by owner Vincent Tan to resign or he will be sacked.
In a letter emailed to Mackay on Monday, it is understood Tan listed in depth his grievances with the Scot.
Tan criticised 41-year-old Mackay at length in a range of areas, such as signings, transfer budgets, results on the pitch and style of play.
The Malaysian businessman also questioned the former Watford manager's record as a boss.
Tan's controversies at Cardiff
Changed the shirt colours from blue to red and added a red dragon to the club's crest
Removed head of recruitment Iain Moody, and hired 23-year-old Alisher Apsalyamov, who was at work experience at the club and is a friend of his son
Tried to influence the tactics of the first team during matches, reports BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy
Mackay has previously said he will not resign.
A Cardiff spokesman told BBC Sport: "The club is not party to any letter sent from one person to another."
The correspondence came on the same day the Malaysian businessman issued a statement through Cardiff chief executive Simon Lim criticising Mackay.
Tan said he was "extremely upset" after Mackay revealed he was hoping to recruit three new players in the January transfer window.
The ex-Scotland international, who was named Cardiff boss in June 2011, led the Welsh club to promotion from the Championship seven months ago, but his future became uncertain when head of recruitment, Iain Moody, was removed from his position in October.
Tan's concerns surrounds a perceived overspend of the transfer budget agreed between Mackay, Lim and Moody.
Cardiff broke their transfer record three times over the summer, signing striker Andreas Cornelius for £7.5m, defender Steven Caulker for £8m and then midfielder Gary Medel for £11m.
The owner claims the total budget was £35m and that £50m was spent including add-ons.

Mackay and Moody have denied those claims, insisting the £35m was solely for transfer fees and that Lim and Tan had no complaints about that rising with add-ons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BBC: TAN SAYS MALKY TO BE SACKED

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Stupid e-mail to send, he's already stated he has no intention of resigning, nor should he. As the owner he sacks him or keeps him, the choice is his.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:15 pm

It goes from the ridiculous to the absurd.

I despair. I really do.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:21 pm

VT was probably reading all the negative posts on here after stoke and palace game. Be careful what you wish for! We'll just get a yes man now, vt will decide on tactics and who plays.

Re: BBC: ' VINCENT TAN SAYS MALKY TO BE SACKED "

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Wtf is going on?

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:24 pm

The circus rolls on. Load of shit hopefully, but who knows with that mad man in charge. Hope Malkys still in charge when we go to Liverpool :malky:

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 pm

More media lies, story made up it sounds like to me. Not a single quote from either party apart from one denying it. What a load of old tosh

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 pm

The BBC story doesn't really make any sense, how on earth do you ask someone to resign or you will be sacked.

Resign means no contract settlement . Sacked means settlement of contract, unless of course Tan offers resignation pay off to save face.

Saw Malky both Tuesday and Weds and according to the BBC tampon sent it Monday , he wasn't looking too stressed by it if he had received the email lol ---- although 5 days left had been mentioned within quarters close.

Anyway it's going to happen anyway, the bottom line is Tampon who loves everything red is a complete toss pot and Malky is a top bloke , and that won't ever change

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Northwest_Bluebird wrote:The circus rolls on. Load of shit hopefully, but who knows with that mad man in charge. Hope Malkys still in charge when we go to Liverpool :malky:

private email between Tan and MM..............one or other has made it public

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Something doesn't add up here. The email was supposedly sent on Monday, yet Malky is still in post on Thursday. If Mr Tan wanted him gone, wouldn't it have been dealt with already?

Re: BBC:VINCENT TAN SAYS " RESIGN OR I WILL SACK U "

Part of me hoping he is that stupid then watch city fans turn on him......bye bye tan. I will be first to egg him on Boxing Day! Clown.

O dear it's getting serious now, can't see malky lasting much longer

Fu... This. I will not renew next season, f..... Circus down there.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Its time Our fans now united together and let know Tan what we think of him.

We want our Identity back, our pride and a club we can be proud of " TAN OUT " :ayatollah: :malky: :malky: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Malky resigns and looses millions !! Dont think so. Tan sacks Malky Tan looses millions. Its the Cardiff City circus and in the wings is Bellamy waiting to take over witb his made up injury. Hmmmmm

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 pm

soulofthesea wrote:
Northwest_Bluebird wrote:The circus rolls on. Load of shit hopefully, but who knows with that mad man in charge. Hope Malkys still in charge when we go to Liverpool :malky:

private email between Tan and MM..............one or other has made it public

TANPOM probably getting stories told to media to add " further pressure " in dirty tactics campaign. Malky bigger enough to take it, sit firm big Malk and get everything you deserve.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Malky resigns and looses millions !! Dont think so. Tan sacks Malky Tan looses millions. Its the Cardiff City circus and in the wings is Bellamy waiting to take over witb his made up injury. Hmmmmm

Nukes your man TANPOM is a dirty sneaky fooker,

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Daya wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Malky resigns and looses millions !! Dont think so. Tan sacks Malky Tan looses millions. Its the Cardiff City circus and in the wings is Bellamy waiting to take over witb his made up injury. Hmmmmm

No room for a west ham fan taking the piss,now piss off to your own forum.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 pm

theres no way malky will resign, and if he is sacked Tan will owe him millions in compensation. Why all when the manager is doing exceptionally well?
Last edited by T1JMO on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 pm

If the fans don't get together properly now, they never will.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 pm

The Cuban wrote:
Daya wrote:

6 posts , nice one Gwyn, :malky:

This forum is advertised as a forum for all fans. Buy some reading glasses.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:40 pm

@GaryLineker: The Cardiff owner's email demanding Malky Mackay resign or be sacked beggars belief....actually given his previous actions, no it doesn't.

Willy-Wonka wrote:If the fans don't get together properly now, they never will.

same scenario as Southampton and they came through it

What is tan gaining? Whats the point? Hes throwing away a top class manager!

Seriously he is clueless about football and lacks all common sense. Joke :evil:

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Its time Our fans now united together and let know Tan what we think of him.

We want our Identity back, our pride and a club we can be proud of " TAN OUT " :ayatollah: :malky: :malky: :ayatollah:

Annis, does Sam have a view on the current unpleasantness and if so are you able to make it public?

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Daya wrote:
The Cuban wrote:
Daya wrote:

6 posts , nice one Gwyn, :malky:

This forum is advertised as a forum for all fans. Buy some reading glasses.

You've been here long enough hammer
Last edited by The Cuban on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:42 pm

The Cuban wrote:
Daya wrote:

Now have a look at the top of the page. It's in big letters for you to even understand All Football fans welcome

Can you read ?

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Its time Our fans now united together and let know Tan what we think of him.

time to turn on him big style.if he is made that unwelcome he wont want to stick around.i cannot for the life of me see what he aims to achieve with his antaganisic approach to everything.this is more than just who the manager is.tan is saying -you will accept anything i do or say.name change soon imo.this is your chance to revolt now

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:43 pm

The Cuban wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:If the fans don't get together properly now, they never will.

same scenario as Southampton and they came through it

Not really. Not at all actually.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:44 pm

sorry about this but

f**k OF TAN CARDIFF WILL ALWAYS BE HERE WHETHER YOU ARE OR NOT. DON'T TAKE CARDIFF FANS FOR MUGS AS THEY ARE LOYAL FANS UNLIKE YOURSELF YOU JUMPED UP MIDGET AND WILL REVOLT.

Ban me if you like but this Tan s Muppet is testing me to my limits.

Have just seen the interview from Brendon Rogers, great guy and spot on.