Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: what excuse now then reds?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Bluebird 64.
A very good post.

The debt now needs to be turned in to equity ASAP.

The sooner the better Annis. I hope that all the red or dead brigade such as Gwyn have the backbone to deliver on the promise they made that when we were safe then they would protest against Tan.

I am hoping that we all unite again and do protest against the stripping of our identity and once the debt is turned in to equity, they keep their promises and turn on this Dictator/mad man of an owner. Premiership Football yes, but our club is run like a circus and is a laughing stock in the football world.

I would love our fans to unite and all be BLUE again :thumbup: :ayatollah:

The club being run like a circus ? Got to disagree with you annis ,the club has come a long way in a short space of time.and this is down the tans money ,only 3 years ago we were going to be chuck off our training ground for non payment ,we owed every one money from the stadium ,in court every another week for our debts ,today the club is better run than any time in our history ,wining awards for family club of the year also best away end experience ,if tan didn't do the rebrand I'm 100% sure he would be a hero to you

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I think the best thing is to agree that people have different views on the subject and leave it at that.

Which is fine but the red or dead brigade stated their views which included fears over our financial insecurity which have now been addressed and have been replaced by them moving the goalpsots and now putting up the weakest of excuses of who will buy us.

What weak excuse? Who ever wants to buy us still as to stump up £100+ million to buy club? Only thing to change is fact at present we are premier league, for how long ???

Allan have you been reading the story of chicken licken? He also thought the sky was falling on his head also.
Thanks very much for stating the obvious in that a new buyer would have to stump up 100 million to buy the club. Its a little long winded but I have copied the story for you to read.There are a few characters on this forum who you can relate to in this story especially the crafty fox at the end which could be likened to Tan. Happy reading.
CHICKEN LICKEN
AS Chicken-licken was going one day to the wood, whack! an acorn fell from a tree
on to his head.
"Gracious goodness me!" said Chicken-licken, "the sky must have fallen; I must go
and tell the King."
So Chicken-licken turned back, and met Hen-len. "Well, Hen-len, where are you
going ?" said he. "I'm going to the wood," said she.
"Oh, Hen-len, don't go!" said he, "for as I was going the sky fell on to my head, and
I'm going to tell the King."
So Hen-len turned back with Chicken-licken, and met Cock-lock.
"I'm going to the wood," said he.
Then Hen-len said:' "Oh Cock-lock, don't go, for I was going, and I met Chicken-licken, and Chicken-licken had been at the wood, and the sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the King."
So Cock-lock turned back, and they met Duck-luck. "
Well, Duck-luck, where are you going?"
And Duck-luck said: "I'm going to the wood."
Then Cock-lock said: "Oh! Duck-luck, don't go, for I was going, and I met Hen-len,
and Hen-len met Chicken-licken, and Chicken-licken had been at the wood, and the
sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the King." So Duck-luck turned
back,and met Drake-lake.
"Well, Drake-lake, where are you going?"
And Drake-lake said: "I'm going to the wood."
Then Duck-luck said: "Oh! Drake-lake, don't go, for I was going, and I met Cock-lock, and Cock-lock met Hen-len, and Hen-len met Chicken-licken, and Chicken-licken
had been at the wood, and the sky had fallen on to his head, and, we are going to tell
the King."
So Drake-lake turned back, and met Goose-loose. "Well, Goose-loose, where are
you going?" And Goose-loose said: "I'm going to the wood."
Then Drake-lake said: "Oh, Goose-loose, don't go, for I was going, and I met Duck-
luck, and Duck-luck met Cock-lock, and Cock-lock met Hen-len, and Hen-len met
Chicken-licken, and Chicken-licken had been at the wood, and the sky had fallen on to
his head, and we are going to tell the King." So Goose-loose turned back, and met
Gander-lander.
"Well, Gander-lander, where are you going ?"
And Gander-lander said: "I'm going to the wood."
Then Goose-loose said: "Oh! Gander-lander, don't go, for I was going, and I met
Drake-lake, and Drake-lake met Duck-luck, and Duck-luck met Cock-lock, and Cock-
lock met Hen-len, and Hen-len met Chicken-licken, and Chicken-licken had been at the
wood, and the sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the King."
So Gander-lander turned back, and met Turkey-lurkey.
"Well, Turkey-lurkey, where are you going?"
And Turkey-lurkey said: "I'm going to the wood."
Then Gander-dander said: "Oh! Turkey-lurkey, don't go, for I was going, and I met
Goose-loose, and Goose-loose met Drake-lake, and Drake-lake met Duck-luck, and
Duck-luck met Cock-lock, and Cock-lock met Hen-len, and Hen-len met Chicken-licken,
and Chicken-licken had been at the wood, and the sky had fallen on to his head, and
we are going to tell the King."
So Turkey-lurkey turned back, and walked wiith Gander-lander, Goose-loose, Drake-
lake, Duck-luck, Cock-lock, Hen-len, and Chicken-licken. And as they were going along, they met Fox-lox. And Fox-lox said:
"Where are you going ?"
And they said: "Chicken-licken went to the wood, and the sky fell on to his head, and
we are going to tell the King."
And Fox-lox said: "Come along with me, and I will show you the way." But Fox-lox took them into the fox's hole, and he and his young ones soon ate up poor Chicken-licken, Hen-len, Cock-lock, Duck-luck, Drake-lake, Goose-loose,' Ganderdander, and Turkey-lurkey; and they never saw the King to tell him that the sky had fallen.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

The sooner the better Annis. I hope that all the red or dead brigade such as Gwyn have the backbone to deliver on the promise they made that when we were safe then they would protest against Tan.

I am hoping that we all unite again and do protest against the stripping of our identity and once the debt is turned in to equity, they keep their promises and turn on this Dictator/mad man of an owner. Premiership Football yes, but our club is run like a circus and is a laughing stock in the football world.

The club being run like a circus ? Got to disagree with you annis ,the club has come a long way in a short space of time.and this is down the tans money ,only 3 years ago we were going to be chuck off our training ground for non payment ,we owed every one money from the stadium ,in court every another week for our debts ,today the club is better run than any time in our history ,wining awards for family club of the year also best away end experience ,if tan didn't do the rebrand I'm 100% sure he would be a hero to you

Tan has just e mailed asking me to tell you that your free red scarf and next years season ticket are safely in the post. :thumbup1:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Always_be_blue wrote:Hard question to answer, i hate what he has done with the rebrand i took that on the chin but was hard to but the reason i did was because he was the only one willing to invest and let me see my beloved club still running, but the ian moody thing and the malky thing has pissed me off the most cus there was no need to do it

but on the other hand he has done some amazing stuff aswell, like a new training ground, stadium expansion, prem league football (even tho that doesnt matter, i still be there whatever league we are in)

How do you know he wasn't right to sack Moody?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

Tan has just e mailed asking me to tell you that your free red scarf and next years season ticket are safely in the post. :thumbup1:

email him back and tell him i will have it the season after once my ban is up :thumbup: :laughing6:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

Wez,

The club has only come a long way as Tan has thrown/lent £Millions to the Club,at a high price, our identity. No one overseas the club who knows anything about the Football world. In my opinion it it is not run professional at all and its only a few weeks ago, Our club was in the National Press for weeks and it was not me calling us a circus or run by a clown it was papers like the Guardian,Mail ect who are Respected papers, in the business world and this is fact.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

Wez,

The club has only come a long way as Tan has thrown/lent £Millions to the Club,at a high price, our identity. No one overseas the club who knows anything about the Football world. In my opinion it it is not run professional at all and its only a few weeks ago, Our club was in the National Press for weeks and it was not me calling us a circus or run by a clown it was papers like the Guardian,Mail ect who are Respected papers, in the business world and this is fact.

we have been a circus for as long as ive been supporting us for the last 28 years :lol: every chairman had protest against him and there has always been different groups against the club, tans time is no different ,tan at least has put his money where his mouth is wrongly or rightly he rebranded us and has stuck to his plan investing his money in which he said he would if we rebranded ,hes kept to his word and i have no doubt by christmas we will be debt free , do you think we will be debt free and would you then at least give him some credit for doing this ?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:When the rebrand started Tan tried to change our colours as we all know. There was opposition to this and Tan was about to do a u turn until a large section of our fans (the red or dead brigade) were frightened into believing that we would go into administration if Tan walked away. Tan took strength from our fears and then stramrollered in his changes and the rest is history as they say.
The fans with much to say at the time put up arguments about needing to be financially secure before protesting against Tan and driving him away.I can remember one example of Gwyn saying that when Tan was financially committed then we can then give him what for.
Now that Tan is committed and we are no longer so vunerable in this area these same fans are still sitting on the fence. Gone now are the arguments of financial meltdown and administration yet fans still universally will not unite to get Tan out. These same fans have now (not surprisingly) changed position again by trying to promote the argument of who will buy us if we drive Tan out. I am quite sure that even if we did have a buyer lined up then these same fans would then change position yet again and have us believe some other doomsday scenario rather than unite with the campaign to go back to blue.
I will agree that there is always an element of uncertainty when going into the unknown but surely it would be better than enduring the present regime? :ayatollah:

Even though I'm not Pro-red as some would think your manner makes me want to stick two fingers up to you.I am proudly pro Cardiff City and I'll do what I want.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Xcasual wrote:
yellow_cab wrote:Sorry stopped reading after the 1st sentence .....

Why ?

Cos he's as yellow as the pro reds

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:When the rebrand started Tan tried to change our colours as we all know. There was opposition to this and Tan was about to do a u turn until a large section of our fans (the red or dead brigade) were frightened into believing that we would go into administration if Tan walked away. Tan took strength from our fears and then stramrollered in his changes and the rest is history as they say.
The fans with much to say at the time put up arguments about needing to be financially secure before protesting against Tan and driving him away.I can remember one example of Gwyn saying that when Tan was financially committed then we can then give him what for.
Now that Tan is committed and we are no longer so vunerable in this area these same fans are still sitting on the fence. Gone now are the arguments of financial meltdown and administration yet fans still universally will not unite to get Tan out. These same fans have now (not surprisingly) changed position again by trying to promote the argument of who will buy us if we drive Tan out. I am quite sure that even if we did have a buyer lined up then these same fans would then change position yet again and have us believe some other doomsday scenario rather than unite with the campaign to go back to blue.
I will agree that there is always an element of uncertainty when going into the unknown but surely it would be better than enduring the present regime? :ayatollah:

Even though I'm not Pro-red as some would think your manner makes me want to stick two fingers up to you.I am proudly pro Cardiff City and I'll do what I want.

Stick one or two fingers up to me and thats fine but my manner is straight to the point (no fence sitting here). We are all pro cardiff city but whether you like it or not we are split as a fanbase and my hope is that we all unite in unison to bring back our rightful colours. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I'll have whatever some on here are smoking!

Never been red, always will be blue - but ladies the separation from reality shown here can be staggering.

VT owns the club - in our UK property system until someone else buys it then that is that.

As for wanting him gone, my avatar shows whereby loyalties lie but please, be realistic - no one wants to buy us so this is where we are.

Hurts me to say it but there is no "Tan out!" Until there is "a.n.other in" - and wishing for one without the other is I feel very, very harmful to the club.

CTID

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:31 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:I'll have whatever some on here are smoking!

Never been red, always will be blue - but ladies the separation from reality shown here can be staggering.

VT owns the club - in our UK property system until someone else buys it then that is that.

As for wanting him gone, my avatar shows whereby loyalties lie but please, be realistic - no one wants to buy us so this is where we are.

Hurts me to say it but there is no "Tan out!" Until there is "a.n.other in" - and wishing for one without the other is I feel very, very harmful to the club.

CTID

Perhaps the reason no one wants to buy us is perhaps down to the fact we are not yet for sale. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 pm

I stopped reading after the Headline :sleepy2:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

It's exactly this kind of 'mocking' that causes friction. Well done, fella, you did it yet again! ;) :roll: :oops:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

CTID

Perhaps the reason no one wants to buy us is perhaps down to the fact we are not yet for sale. :ayatollah:

peter allans sign not up at the stadium yet :roll: :wave:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

It's exactly this kind of 'mocking' that causes friction. Well done, fella, you did it yet again! ;) :roll: :oops:

I thought that wez reply was quite funny. email him back and tell him i will have it the season after once my ban is up

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:08 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

CTID

peter allans sign not up at the stadium yet :roll: :wave:

No but the Peter Alans sign was not up when Tan bought us either. I have seen a Peters Pies sign up though. :lol:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

I thought that wez reply was quite funny. email him back and tell him i will have it the season after once my ban is up

in fairness, it was...as was yours! :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Tan Has put us in a position none of us dreamed of..

But in a way that has become a worst nightmare..

Do I want Tan Gone?

Would rather his Ego left and the rest of him attempted to understand the club and it's fans a bit more.

He allegedly has said he is jealous of the relationship between us and Malky
He Wants Gratitide,he wants adoration...

It's was there waiting for him.

He choose a different path.

As for the OP, Why do you direct a question at "reds" instead of Cardiff Fans?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 pm

CTID

agree...........its incredible the amount of people that think this can happen......its like your neighbours doing a banner and standing outside your house shouting Jimmy out. of course your going to say yeah ok , give them your home and buy a tent......f*cking idiots

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:38 am

Shinobipony wrote:Tan Has put us in a position none of us dreamed of..

But in a way that has become a worst nightmare..

Do I want Tan Gone?

Would rather his Ego left and the rest of him attempted to understand the club and it's fans a bit more.

He allegedly has said he is jealous of the relationship between us and Malky
He Wants Gratitide,he wants adoration...

It's was there waiting for him.

He choose a different path.

As for the OP, Why do you direct a question at "reds" instead of Cardiff Fans?

Because it was the pro reds who convinced Tan to do a u turn and impose red upon us. The reason that they chose this action at the time was that they believed that we would go into financial meltdown if Tan walked away and fans like Gwyn pledged that once we were financially secure and Tan could not walk away then they would join in the protests againnst Tan. That time is almost upon us so we wait to see if these reds now have the decency to deliver on their promises. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 am

Because it was the pro reds who convinced Tan to do a u turn and impose red upon us. The reason that they chose this action at the time was that they believed that we would go into financial meltdown if Tan walked away and fans like Gwyn pledged that once we were financially secure and Tan could not walk away then they would join in the protests againnst Tan. That time is almost upon us so we wait to see if these reds now have the decency to deliver on their promises

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You actually believe Tan takes into consideration what the fans think? :lol: :lol:

And your blaming the fans,your fellow supporters for the whole situation :shock: :shock:

I genuinely have nothing to say to you. :wave:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:34 am

Shinobipony wrote:
Because it was the pro reds who convinced Tan to do a u turn and impose red upon us. The reason that they chose this action at the time was that they believed that we would go into financial meltdown if Tan walked away and fans like Gwyn pledged that once we were financially secure and Tan could not walk away then they would join in the protests againnst Tan. That time is almost upon us so we wait to see if these reds now have the decency to deliver on their promises

You actually believe Tan takes into consideration what the fans think? :lol: :lol:

And your blaming the fans,your fellow supporters for the whole situation :shock: :shock:

After our original protests against Tans rebrand he did offer to change us back to blue but with the veiled threat that he wasnt going to invest the full amount and this scared some of our fans enough to to convince Tan to go ahead with the rebrand. So yes whether you find it unpalatable or not it was the red or dead brigade who were responsible for giving Tan the green light. Saying that, I also think that their fears and motives were born out of concern that we were on an unstable financial footing at the time and some of these fans did genuinely believe that the threat was real and heading our way.
My argument now is that some of these fans pledged at the time that it was purely an issue of putting up with the rebrand till Tan had invested enough not to be able to walk away.These fans also pledged that when we were on a stable financial footing then they would be prepared to then protest against Tan. That time is almost upon us and unless these fans are hypocrites then I fully expect them to lend their support to the pro blue campaign which will give us new impetus that may force Tan's hand. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am

soulofthesea wrote:

CTID

agree...........its incredible the amount of people that think this can happen......its like your neighbours doing a banner and standing outside your house shouting Jimmy out. of course your going to say yeah ok , give them your home and buy a tent......f*cking idiots

Or we could do it your way and keep our arses in the air while biting down on the red pillow.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I think the best thing is to agree that people have different views on the subject and leave it at that.

Which is fine but the red or dead brigade stated their views which included fears over our financial insecurity which have now been addressed and have been replaced by them moving the goalpsots and now putting up the weakest of excuses of who will buy us.

What weak excuse? Who ever wants to buy us still as to stump up £100+ million to buy club? Only thing to change is fact at present we are premier league, for how long ???

P's anyone know of a rich billionaire wanting to buy a club so can return to blue, just curious? :thumbup:

Im working on it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 am

[quote="Bluebird64"
After our original protests against Tans rebrand he did offer to change us back to blue but with the veiled threat that he wasnt going to invest the full amount and this scared some of our fans enough to to convince Tan to go ahead with the rebrand. So yes whether you find it unpalatable or not it was the red or dead brigade who were responsible for giving Tan the green light. Saying that, I also think that their fears and motives were born out of concern that we were on an unstable financial footing at the time and some of these fans did genuinely believe that the threat was real and heading our way.

AFTER SEVERAL DAYS A THE HIGH COURTS AND WINDING UP ORDERS AFTER WINDING UP ORDERS YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ANY FANS CONCERN FOR THE CLUB.

My argument now is that some of these fans pledged at the time that it was purely an issue of putting up with the rebrand till Tan had invested enough not to be able to walk away.These fans also pledged that when we were on a stable financial footing then they would be prepared to then protest against Tan. That time is almost upon us and unless these fans are hypocrites then I fully expect them to lend their support to the pro blue campaign which will give us new impetus that may force Tan's hand. :ayatollah:[/quote]

YOU'RE CORRECT,IF FANS HAVE SAID THIS AND THEN SHOULD THEY NOT BE TRUE TO THEIR WORDS THEN THEY ARE ONLY LYING TO THEMSELVES.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 am

Shinobipony wrote:

So I take it that we are back on speaking terms then. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:33 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Shinobipony wrote:

So I take it that we are back on speaking terms then. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:09 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Just take his money, we will be back blue in a season or two.

I hope you are right but will Tan still be at the helm?

So it's not about the colour change then eh? FFS you don't know what you want do you :sleepy2:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Egdun wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Just take his money, we will be back blue in a season or two.

I hope you are right but will Tan still be at the helm?

So it's not about the colour change then eh? FFS you don't know what you want do you :sleepy2:

I know exactly what I want, for Tan to return us to blue or ship out simples. :ayatollah: