Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what excuse now then reds?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:49 pm

When the rebrand started Tan tried to change our colours as we all know. There was opposition to this and Tan was about to do a u turn until a large section of our fans (the red or dead brigade) were frightened into believing that we would go into administration if Tan walked away. Tan took strength from our fears and then stramrollered in his changes and the rest is history as they say.
The fans with much to say at the time put up arguments about needing to be financially secure before protesting against Tan and driving him away.I can remember one example of Gwyn saying that when Tan was financially committed then we can then give him what for.
Now that Tan is committed and we are no longer so vunerable in this area these same fans are still sitting on the fence. Gone now are the arguments of financial meltdown and administration yet fans still universally will not unite to get Tan out. These same fans have now (not surprisingly) changed position again by trying to promote the argument of who will buy us if we drive Tan out. I am quite sure that even if we did have a buyer lined up then these same fans would then change position yet again and have us believe some other doomsday scenario rather than unite with the campaign to go back to blue.
I will agree that there is always an element of uncertainty when going into the unknown but surely it would be better than enduring the present regime? :ayatollah:

Re: what excuse now then reds?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Someone has finally cracked it.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Sorry stopped reading after the 1st sentence .....

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:When the rebrand started Tan tried to change our colours as we all know. There was opposition to this and Tan was about to do a u turn until a large section of our fans (the red or dead brigade) were frightened into believing that we would go into administration if Tan walked away. Tan took strength from our fears and then stramrollered in his changes and the rest is history as they say.
The fans with much to say at the time put up arguments about needing to be financially secure before protesting against Tan and driving him away.I can remember one example of Gwyn saying that when Tan was financially committed then we can then give him what for.
Now that Tan is committed and we are no longer so vunerable in this area these same fans are still sitting on the fence. Gone now are the arguments of financial meltdown and administration yet fans still universally will not unite to get Tan out. These same fans have now (not surprisingly) changed position again by trying to promote the argument of who will buy us if we drive Tan out. I am quite sure that even if we did have a buyer lined up then these same fans would then change position yet again and have us believe some other doomsday scenario rather than unite with the campaign to go back to blue.
I will agree that there is always an element of uncertainty when going into the unknown but surely it would be better than enduring the present regime? :ayatollah:

the financial meltdown and admin are still possible without Tan.which makes the tan out gang look as dangerous as Tan himself im afraid. we can wear blue,not buy red,but Tan out with no financial alternative makes no sense,and id imagine the banners make him even more bloody minded. many would take a different stance if there was a wealthy welsh Cardiff fan desperate to plough money in but Tan would not sell. that is not the case.we who care should be united in trying to make the stadium blue.not buy anything red or with the beer mat on,and leave him to figure it out for himself

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:35 pm

soulofthesea wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:When the rebrand started Tan tried to change our colours as we all know. There was opposition to this and Tan was about to do a u turn until a large section of our fans (the red or dead brigade) were frightened into believing that we would go into administration if Tan walked away. Tan took strength from our fears and then stramrollered in his changes and the rest is history as they say.

the financial meltdown and admin are still possible without Tan.which makes the tan out gang look as dangerous as Tan himself im afraid. we can wear blue,not buy red,but Tan out with no financial alternative makes no sense,and id imagine the banners make him even more bloody minded. many would take a different stance if there was a wealthy welsh Cardiff fan desperate to plough money in but Tan would not sell. that is not the case.we who care should be united in trying to make the stadium blue.not buy anything red or with the beer mat on,and leave him to figure it out for himself

I agree with a lot of what you are saying :ayatollah: but once the debt is turned into equity then we are nowhere near as vunerable which was the main argument why the red or dead brigade would not rise up against Tan. Many of these fans which held such opinions are now backpedalling at a rate of knots and are trying to justify themselves in not supporting a Tan out campaign by clinging to the excuse of who will buy us. We can all put up excuses of doomsday scenarios of what will happen if Tan leaves but if we continue to do this then we deserve what we get.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:38 pm

yellow_cab wrote:Sorry stopped reading after the 1st sentence .....

Why ?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Who will buy us? Everyone says the media are well aware of the unrest with the fans and they want tan out. But not one person has made any noise about being interested in taking us over.

Just because we are premiership doesnt mean that we will be bought by a great rich owner. Newcastle couldnt sell their club, in the end Ashley committed himself again to the club.

Its all good wanting tan out, but we need somene who can come in and sustain us financially, and that is a hell of an ask.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Probably beacause he realises we need somebody with lots of dosh to front up our club :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:50 pm

np20 wrote:Who will buy us? Everyone says the media are well aware of the unrest with the fans and they want tan out. But not one person has made any noise about being interested in taking us over.

Just because we are premiership doesnt mean that we will be bought by a great rich owner. Newcastle couldnt sell their club, in the end Ashley committed himself again to the club.

Its all good wanting tan out, but we need somene who can come in and sustain us financially, and that is a hell of an ask.

So lets get this right,the red or dead brigade could not support a Tan out campaign because we were financially vunerable.Ok I did not agree with this argument at the time but I can see why this could be deemed a credible threat.
We are no longer financially vunerable so that barrier has now been removed but now you suggest that it is ok to move the goalposts and hide under another excuse of who will buy us? No doubt if we secured a blue loving new owner then the goalposts would yet again be moved and replaced with an equally weak excuse and so it goes on and on.......

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:58 pm

I think the best thing is to agree that people have different views on the subject and leave it at that.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm

'We are no longer financially vulnerable'

When did this happen?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Mr Bean wrote:I think the best thing is to agree that people have different views on the subject and leave it at that.

Which is fine but the red or dead brigade stated their views which included fears over our financial insecurity which have now been addressed and have been replaced by them moving the goalpsots and now putting up the weakest of excuses of who will buy us.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
np20 wrote:Who will buy us? Everyone says the media are well aware of the unrest with the fans and they want tan out. But not one person has made any noise about being interested in taking us over.

So lets get this right,the red or dead brigade could not support a Tan out campaign because we were financially vunerable.Ok I did not agree with this argument at the time but I can see why this could be deemed a credible threat.
We are no longer financially vunerable so that barrier has now been removed but now you suggest that it is ok to move the goalposts and hide under another excuse of who will buy us? No doubt if we secured a blue loving new owner then the goalposts would yet again be moved and replaced with an equally weak excuse and so it goes on and on.......

No its about people shouting out tan out and not having a viable plan that will see us through. There are huges holes everywhere in the plan. Its not as simple as wanting tan out... Nobody as far as ive read has a viable business plan on making cardiff city blue!

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 pm

we are still very much vulnebale. tan hasnt put any money about from 6 mill i think it was into equality, he might have said he was going to but with all these people asking for tan out hes probs changed his mind and thinking why should i help them when against me, until he does make it equal we could fail at any time, as the club itself owes the money not anybody else

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Always_be_blue wrote:we are still very much vulnebale. tan hasnt put any money about from 6 mill i think it was into equality, he might have said he was going to but with all these people asking for tan out hes probs changed his mind and thinking why should i help them when against me, until he does make it equal we could fail at any time, as the club itself owes the money not anybody else

So my question to you is once the debt is fully converted into equity and we are no longer vunerable would you then join a Tan out campaign?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Hard question to answer, i hate what he has done with the rebrand i took that on the chin but was hard to but the reason i did was because he was the only one willing to invest and let me see my beloved club still running, but the ian moody thing and the malky thing has pissed me off the most cus there was no need to do it

but on the other hand he has done some amazing stuff aswell, like a new training ground, stadium expansion, prem league football (even tho that doesnt matter, i still be there whatever league we are in)

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Just take his money, we will be back blue in a season or two.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Just take his money, we will be back blue in a season or two.

I hope you are right but will Tan still be at the helm?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Bluebird 64.
A very good post.

The debt now needs to be turned in to equity ASAP.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Bluebird 64.
A very good post.

The sooner the better Annis. I hope that all the red or dead brigade such as Gwyn have the backbone to deliver on the promise they made that when we were safe then they would protest against Tan.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 pm

A very good post.

But we have come so close to losing our club when during the HMRC court cases, how many fans are going to hedge there bets with tan out. I think 90% would if someone could give a detail plan that runs through every avenue that could arise. But at the moment it seems to need someone who can educate and steer BU in the right direction. You need a big powerful person to take control of the moment and advise the committee accordingly. They just need mentoring.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
A very good post.

The sooner the better Annis. I hope that all the red or dead brigade such as Gwyn have the backbone to deliver on the promise they made that when we were safe then they would protest against Tan.

I am hoping that we all unite again and do protest against the stripping of our identity and once the debt is turned in to equity, they keep their promises and turn on this Dictator/mad man of an owner. Premiership Football yes, but our club is run like a circus and is a laughing stock in the football world.

I would love our fans to unite and all be BLUE again :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm

So 64 tan saves us from going bust,gets us to the premier,settle's long standing Langston debt,invests in players and infrastructure,finally gets us debt free,then you want fans to turn on him.
I would never like to be in a position where your watching my back,you sad individual.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm

People say that its Tan that has put a wedge between the fans.

NO. Its posts like this doing it, making it Blue v Red, my view is right and you are wrong.

We are all Cardiff City Supporters striving for whats best for the club, its just some people have different views and ideas on what they think is best.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Will the tan out brigade, still be calling for tan to pay for loans and transfers this jan and next summer?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:15 pm

CESAR wrote:So 64 tan saves us from going bust,gets us to the premier,settle's long standing Langston debt,invests in players and infrastructure,finally gets us debt free,then you want fans to turn on him.
I would never like to be in a position where your watching my back,you sad individual.

Insult me all you wish but If you think that suggesting Tan out is a new concept then think again. When influential fans such as Gwyn was critisised for supporting red, he pledged that he was only doing it until Tan had committed himself and when Tan could no longer walk away then we would give him what for. This would suggest that there is an element of our fanbase yet to come forward and throw their hats into the ring but if their promises are to be believed then their support is imminent when the debt is finally turned into equity. Personally when the tide turns against Tan and it will, then it will be done as one which will unite us once again. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:18 pm

i doubt im the majority here, but im kicking myself i didnt make more effort 18 months ago,i have enjoyed being a Cardiff fan, every minute of it. the prem is no better than the past.in fact the bad times were actually the good times for me..
i would take league2 and blue all day every day,but do realise thats not sensible to most.
Tan isnt mad, he is treating our club as an investment,spends little time here,its simply a foreign investment.
if your honest , if any of you thought you could make money out of Malaysian bog snorkeling .how intersted would you be in the fans of this wanting blue snorkels when you want red?..i would do what i thought was best for me.
same with Tan,he isnt welsh,isnt a football fan,its just another business, a new venture,one that brings his name into the public domain, outside of Malaysia.
my view is he will sell when he is good and ready..and can extract a profit.
as for us being blue again.........no chance.......unless we can get the MALAYSIAN press and public to sympathise with us.
i honestly believe in front of a huge world wide audience Sunday...TAN OUT..might be taken as ingratitude..lots of blue..might be seen as TAN being unsympathetic and behaving like a dictator .

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:I think the best thing is to agree that people have different views on the subject and leave it at that.

Which is fine but the red or dead brigade stated their views which included fears over our financial insecurity which have now been addressed and have been replaced by them moving the goalpsots and now putting up the weakest of excuses of who will buy us.

What weak excuse? Who ever wants to buy us still as to stump up £100+ million to buy club? Only thing to change is fact at present we are premier league, for how long ???

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:26 pm

soulofthesea wrote:i doubt im the majority here, but im kicking myself i didnt make more effort 18 months ago,i have enjoyed being a Cardiff fan, every minute of it. the prem is no better than the past.in fact the bad times were actually the good times for me..
i would take league2 and blue all day every day,but do realise thats not sensible to most.
Tan isnt mad, he is treating our club as an investment,spends little time here,its simply a foreign investment.
if your honest , if any of you thought you could make money out of Malaysian bog snorkeling .how intersted would you be in the fans of this wanting blue snorkels when you want red?..i would do what i thought was best for me.
same with Tan,he isnt welsh,isnt a football fan,its just another business, a new venture,one that brings his name into the public domain, outside of Malaysia.
my view is he will sell when he is good and ready..and can extract a profit.
as for us being blue again.........no chance.......unless we can get the MALAYSIAN press and public to sympathise with us.
i honestly believe in front of a huge world wide audience Sunday...TAN OUT..might be taken as ingratitude..lots of blue..might be seen as TAN being unsympathetic and behaving like a dictator .

It is hard to argue against anything you have said. It is my personal belief that when the debt is full converted to equity then the fans who previously were worried about our finances security will fully join and add great momentum to the blue campaign. When this day comes, Tan will either have to bow to pressure or sell up. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

What weak excuse? Who ever wants to buy us still as to stump up £100+ million to buy club? Only thing to change is fact at present we are premier league, for how long ???

P's anyone know of a rich billionaire wanting to buy a club so can return to blue, just curious? :thumbup: