Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Prepare for loan signings

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 pm

If we get money in, and it is looking promising, I would be very surprised if we actually signed anyone...in fact I don't think we should...four quality loan signings could cost £800,000 maybe even more than that....but we could sign them with a view to permanent signing IF we get promotion...signing 4 players permanently in January would be unrealistic...we would have to give them long contracts etc and they could turn out duffs....no...it has to be definately loan signings, if anything in January...I would be stunned if we signed anyone on permanent deal..
Last edited by corky on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Prepare for loan signings

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:48 pm

corky wrote:If we get money in, and it is looking promising, I would be very surprised if we actually signed anyone...in fact I don't think we should...four quality loan signings could cost £800,000 maybe even more than that....but we could sign them with a view to permanent signing IF we get promotion...signing 4 players permanently in January would be unralistic...we would have to give them long contracts etc and they could turn out duffs....no...it has to be definately loan signings, if anything in January...I would be stunned if we signed anyone on permanent deal..

corky, come on mate your defending pr already you and tlg may as well work for him, your preparing us for the worst already, gwyn,annis,steve davies they have already said it was spin by pr about new signings lol.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:54 pm

loan signings would seem obvious to me to be honest and as long as they seem to be decent signings i dont see a problem.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Absolutely agree. Stoke, Wolves and Sunderland got promotion purely on the back of some very shrewd loan signings (Johnny Evans, Mancienne, etc.).

It's pretty simple, we can afford to get better quality players by good use of the loan system and that's what we need. Quality not quantity.

What would you rather players such as Koumas, Routledge,etc on loan or lower division permanent signings like Taiwo, Commingues ?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:17 pm

corky, come on mate your defending pr already you and tlg may as well work for him, your preparing us for the worst already, gwyn,annis,steve davies they have already said it was spin by pr about new signings lol.

Poor old TLG getting the fault and he has not even opened his mouth, paranoid or what? :D

The way our club is run is very poor....being so skint after a few months into a season is bad management...each January we end up skint or looking to sell players...I do not intend defending Ridsdale(who takes half a million a yearout of our club plus bonuses) What I am saying is that 4 quality players arriving at Cardiff could make a huge difference...and loans are more likely than actual signings.

Why do you think that if I disagree with something, I must be working for Ridsdale...I want him out of our club but at the moment he is there doing a job...what is the alternative you want to happen mate?

I don't think its preparing for the worse mate, honestly if we can get four quality loan signings that would be great...and very expensive...sometimes clubs ask for £100,000 just as payment to allow their players out on loan then we have to pay £20,000 a week wages....quality loan signings are very expensive
Last edited by corky on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:20 pm

corky wrote:corky, come on mate your defending pr already you and tlg may as well work for him, your preparing us for the worst already, gwyn,annis,steve davies they have already said it was spin by pr about new signings lol.

The way our club is run is very poor....being so skint after a few months into a season is bad management...eaxh January we end up skint or looking to sell players...I do not intend defending Ridsdale(who takes half a million a yearout of our club plus bonuses) What I am saying is that 4 quality players arriving at Cardiff could make a huge difference...and loans are more likely than actual signings.

I don't think its preparing for the worse mate, honestly if we can get four quality loan signings that would be great...and very expensive...sometimes clubs ask for £100,000 just as payment to allow their players out on loan then we have to pay £20,000 a week wages....quality loan signings are very expensive

Corky, I will accept any new Quality players, no matter how we get them and if they get us promotion, then they will have done their job.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:44 pm

All this talk by Ridsdale of the club getting players in out of the Season ticket money will not fool any supporters surely???????????????????????????????

What I personally hope is that the millions we raise will at least mean we get the 4 quality players we need...time will tell though...permanent signings in January...mmmm ...I won't hold my breath...we will see....but like I said if we get quality players on loan I woud settle for that

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:01 pm

i am all for loan signings, but hopefully better quality side of the market looking for permanent deal

any signing is better than f**k all

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:02 pm

As long as they are quality signings and come here and show they want to play for the club and give 100% i will be very happy.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:04 pm

eddddiiieeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

sorry only joking :oops:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:06 pm

We could pick up a few quality loan signings, tom cleverly for example
he has been immense for watford & i cant see them keeping him after they enter administration

im all for loan signings & as you said with a price that we could sign them for permanantly :ayatollah: