Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" INJURY HIT WALES CALL UP 9 PLAYERS "

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Monday 7th Oct 2013.

Wales boss Chris Coleman has called up nine players as injury cover for the World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Belgium.
Adam Matthews, Ben Davies, Gareth Bale, Danny Gabbidon, Sam Ricketts, Jack Collison, Joe Allen and Joe Ledley have been ruled out.

Uncapped Southampton midfielder Lloyd Isgrove, 20, comes in.

Owain Tudur Jones, Daniel Alfei, James Wilson, Rhoys Wiggins, Jermaine Easter and Shaun MacDonald are recalled.
David Cotterill and Jazz Richards also return to international duty as Coleman plugs gaps created by injuries and Andrew Crofts' suspension.

We are on our arse fair play.

Re: INJURY HIT WALES CALL UP 9 PLAYERS

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

fed up of all these players pulling out everygame , theres feck al wrong with half of them .
bruised collar bone , stubbed toe , broken fingernail , "suspected hamstring " (in other words will be ok for his club ).
if they dont wana play f**k them off and bring the kids through permanantly

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Can't blame them to not want to turn up for Coleman, it's a shambles.

Like many players said they wanted to turn up for speed and they used to,...

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Yet no Earnshaw?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:36 pm

What about Daniel Nardiello,scoring a few for Rotherham.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Nine? Coleman hasnt got a fkin clue, even i know you can have eleven.

Im taking my boots just in case. ;)

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:49 pm

veryoldbluebird wrote:What about Daniel Nardiello,scoring a few for Rotherham.

exactly, rotherham. this is what the welsh squad is reduced to :(

Re: " INJURY HIT WALES CALL UP 9 PLAYERS "

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:25 pm

and the welsh faw wonder why theres only 7000 at the ccs, if the players cant be bothered why should we, if this was a world cup final game on saturday, they would all be fit,

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:02 pm

jooshy wrote:Monday 7th Oct 2013.

Wales boss Chris Coleman has called up nine players as injury cover for the World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Belgium.
Adam Matthews, Ben Davies, Gareth Bale, Danny Gabbidon, Sam Ricketts, Jack Collison, Joe Allen and Joe Ledley have been ruled out.

Uncapped Southampton midfielder Lloyd Isgrove, 20, comes in.

Owain Tudur Jones, Daniel Alfei, James Wilson, Rhoys Wiggins, Jermaine Easter and Shaun MacDonald are recalled.
David Cotterill and Jazz Richards also return to international duty as Coleman plugs gaps created by injuries and Andrew Crofts' suspension.

We are on our arse fair play.

I said this a couple of days ago. No commitment from some, I'm afraid and it shows. Giggs was the one who started it :(

A recall for David Cottrell? Strewth, I thought he'd retired years ago! :? :? :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:02 am

BREAKING NEWS Pontypandy duo Norman Price and Elvis Criddington have pulled out of the Wales squad so Wil Cwac Cwac is set to make his debut”

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:02 am

Jermaine Easter forgot his boots. We're sending a courier from Millwall to Cardiff for him!

As a footballer, i would imagine boots would be one of the first things you'd remember when leaving for a match.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am

Lets face it, they don't want to play for him and the kids will get a chance to impress. May be a blessing in disguise.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Just reminds me of the Toshack era all over again tbh.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm

We're gonna be destroyed by Belgium

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:16 pm

It's so sad and embarrassing .

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Bare bones to say the least. As a Hibbee good to Tudor Jones get a call up though but he doesn't have the quality really. He's ok in the SPL.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm

I wonder how many of them will be playing for their clubs the following week?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:06 pm

veryoldbluebird wrote:What about Daniel Nardiello,scoring a few for Rotherham.

it really is a sad state of affairs when we're talking about drafting a rotherham player into the national squad....

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Chris Coleman will attempt to repair his relationship with defender James Collins at a meeting, as the Wales boss looks to patch up his injury-hit squad ahead of their final two World Cup qualifiers.

Coleman has seen 10 players pull out of his squad for the upcoming matches against Macedonia and Belgium, which could decide whether the 43-year-old retains his position in charge of the Dragons.

Wales have been hardest hit in defence – Ashley Williams withdrew with a ankle problem – but despite that West Ham centre-back Collins has remained on the outer after a dispute over whether or not he rejected the chance to play for his country last month.

It is understood however, that Coleman has agreed to meet Collins in Cardiff after the 41-cap veteran broke their silence with a phone call.

Coleman revealed last week that any resolution would need to be made face to face, and following Collins’ contact he has agreed to speak to the player in order to settle their differences.
Should their meeting progress well there is a possibility that Collins could be drafted into the Wales squad in time for the Macedonia game in Cardiff.

The loss of Williams has left Coleman him with painfully few centre-half options with Chris Gunter and Owain Tudur Jones, normally a midfielder and last capped in May 2011, tipped to start against Macedonia.

Coleman has also seen the world’s most expensive player Gareth Bale, Liverpool’s Joe Allen, Celtic midfielder Joe Ledley and Brighton’s Andrew Crofts withdraw on the day the squad announcement, with the quintet of Adam Matthews, Ben Davies, Danny Gabbidon, Sam Ricketts and Jack Collison following on Monday.

The injury crisis could yet get worse as Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey took no part in training due to a leg injury.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:41 am

It's mother point when you say they don't want to turn out for Coleman , they should want to do it for there country full stop. Ok don't play for Coleman, do it for the Welsh cap and country .

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:04 am

Wales are nothing more than a joke right now......under Coleman we have gone backwards,and i lay the blame for that firmly at the doorstep of the FAW..............

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:40 pm

I find it hard to believe that this many players have been genuinely ruled out with an injury...

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:28 pm

They have now called up Harry Wilson from Liverpool FC & he is 16 years old.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Its like a circus

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/footba ... ed-6164315

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 am

If the game was FREE admission, I doubt if the ground would still be half full.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:04 pm

How times change!

Shit i may even give Russell another chance!!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:48 pm

griff105 wrote:Nine? Coleman hasnt got a fkin clue, even i know you can have eleven.

Do you still want Coleman gone ;)

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:33 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:
griff105 wrote:Nine? Coleman hasnt got a fkin clue, even i know you can have eleven.

Do you still want Coleman gone ;)

:digging2: :digging2: :thumbup: