Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tattoo

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:47 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:I trust that you both stopped going when Tony Petty was in charge then? Seeing as you both say that the "real" fans are the ones who boycotted whenever they didn't agree with their owner. :?

No we didnt need to. The fans came together as one and we were out marching and picketing and making his stay incredibly uncomfortable when he was at games aswell as protests at the ground.

If you were going to the matches and protesting against the changes then i see your point. However the protest that involves simply wearing the clubs 3rd strip isnt really a protest is it.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 am

So you didn't stop going to games when you disagreed with decisions your owner was making, but then state that those who don't boycott about decisions our owner have no respect...

Okay.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 am

RoathMagic wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:The lads who gave their season tickets up or didn't bother buying are the real bluebirds.The rest are just hypocrites who moan from behind their keyboard,doing nothing really.

Ive said it before, its like an animal rights activist wearing fur on the weekend.

Fantastic analogy and totally agree. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:So you didn't stop going to games when you disagreed with decisions your owner was making, but then state that those who don't boycott about decisions our owner have no respect...

Okay.

We are talking about making a stand Barry. We used the games as protests and a chance to be heard. There is no way id have paid my money to Petty and sit in my seat and watch the match :lol:

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:So you didn't stop going to games when you disagreed with decisions your owner was making, but then state that those who don't boycott about decisions our owner have no respect...

Okay.

We are talking about making a stand Barry. We used the games as protests and a chance to be heard. There is no way id have paid my money to Petty and sit in my seat and watch the match :lol:

But you still went to the game & gave him your money... Which is exactly what you've just had a go at a go at Cardiff fans for doing. :?

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:56 am

The Petty comparison is weak,Chucks.We went to the matches and made his life hell.So much so he left at half time one game and never returned.I'm not seeing that with Tan at yours.Probably because his wonga got you in the PL and alongside us.

Maybe you'll all do something about it if you start to struggle in the league and get relegated but until then most of you have allowed him freedom of the city.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 am

6 bysedd wrote:The Petty comparison is weak,Chucks.We went to the matches and made his life hell.So much so he left at half time one game and never returned.I'm not seeing that with Tan at yours.Probably because his wonga got you in the PL and alongside us.

Maybe you'll all do something about it if you start to struggle in the league and get relegated but until then most of you have allowed him freedom of the city.

That's because most have quite happily accepted the change.. But to criticise me for still going, when you still went to games and handed Petty your money is pretty hypocritical to me.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:00 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
But you still went to the game & gave him your money... Which is exactly what you've just had a go at a go at Cardiff fans for doing. :?

You arent listening to what im saying barry. Paying money (£4) to go and protest for 90 mins against your owner and paying money (£30) to watch the game and cheer as a way of sticking up for your clubs identity are two differing things. If you go to the game and use it as a platform for you all to be heard then fair enough, but you guys are simpply going to watch the match.

From what we know and have heard of Tan he has said "as long as the majority are happy" etc. Petty never said that, we just showed uo and gave him hell every week.

So knowing Tan said he will continue to change or hes happy he changed the club because a certain % of the fanbase is happy, while knowing that he sees acceptance by season ticket renewals and tickets sold.... To then renew is maddness.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:01 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:The Petty comparison is weak,Chucks.We went to the matches and made his life hell.So much so he left at half time one game and never returned.I'm not seeing that with Tan at yours.Probably because his wonga got you in the PL and alongside us.

That's because most have quite happily accepted the change.. But to criticise me for still going, when you still went to games and handed Petty your money is pretty hypocritical to me.

Again.... We went to protest, there is a massive difference.

Tan has said if the majority is happy then thats fine, by buying a ticket you are becoming part of the majority in his eyes.

Thats the difference.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:03 am

Far from it, they have got dancing dragons at the ground and all sorts. There is as much resistance at the matches to what hes doing as there is a tramp being offered a Happy Meal.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:07 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:

To be fair,you do seem one of the more prominent 'anti-red heads' on here.But you can still go to a game and give the chairman hell,just like we did.That isn't happening though is it? As i say,maybe if you're in the relegation spots come January,then you'll vent your anger but by then you could be the Cardiff Dragons and totally lost sight of the Bluebirds and Cardiff City as it once was.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 am

Both Roathie and 6 Bysedd are right Chuckles. If you still go you are supporting the rebrand. Whilst you might think on a personal level you are not you in fact are on the level Tan understands, financially. He doesn't give a crap what you personally think and if he did he'd have given you, me and other fans the opportunity to choose our badge and colours at least. He didn't. The only language he talks is money and he gets through interviews by playing the joker that everyone rises a smile to.

I tried explaining this to Jon but he is as dull as dishwater.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:11 am

I've set up groups, public meetings, chaired meetings, written petitions, been on the radio, prepped letter templates for people to send to Tan, help out BU, there's not much more I can do.

So to say I've done nothing except whinge online is unfair. Wearing blue to the games is a form of protest.. Sadly, the club are very clever and don't release the blue shirts etc & give away free red scarves.

It appears that the majority of the fans base just aren't that arsed. Sad really.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:14 am

Maybe take a leaf out of Dave Sugarman's book? That's opposing the re-brand :thumbup:

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:14 am

Hes been very clever about it in fairness, hes drip fed it, allowing each time the fan to draw his line further and further away in the sand. You hear people now saying if he touches our name then im gone... When it comes to it they will say, well we are still called cardiff.

Its crazy, you either allow it or you dont. And by going to the matches and saying nothing at all, you are allowing it - no matter what you are outwardly saying on message boards.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:It appears that the majority of the fans base just aren't that arsed. Sad really.

This is it to be honest. The real tragedy is there will be 5000 of us muppets left to pick up the pieces when it all goes sour which will happen eventually I believe. It'll be interesting to see who is still supporting their local team then.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:19 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:I've set up groups, public meetings, chaired meetings, written petitions, been on the radio, prepped letter templates for people to send to Tan, help out BU, there's not much more I can do.

So to say I've done nothing except whinge online is unfair. Wearing blue to the games is a form of protest.. Sadly, the club are very clever and don't release the blue shirts etc & give away free red scarves.

It appears that the majority of the fans base just aren't that arsed. Sad really.

Thats all well and good chucks, but at the end of the day all Tan wants is your ticket money, and you give it and cheer as you always did.

I agree you have done more than most, but nothing that really matters. Dave Sugerman et al - I have complete respect for as a fan, i know a few others too. The biggest message you could ever send Tan is not going and protesting, however its the one that comes at most personal cost which is why not many people have done it, and is probably why it seems you arent far away from a name change and a complete rebrand.

If only everyone did it at once you wouldnt be in this mess. Tan is a business man and htere is no way hed continue with empty stadiums. Im afriad to go and say nothing is doing the same as going and loving the rebrand.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:20 am

6 bysedd wrote:Maybe take a leaf out of Dave Sugarman's book? That's opposing the re-brand :thumbup:

As I said, telling people to boycott against the owners , when you didn't boycott yourself, is a bit hypocritical. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:22 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:Maybe take a leaf out of Dave Sugarman's book? That's opposing the re-brand :thumbup:

As I said, telling people to boycott against the owners , when you didn't boycott yourself, is a bit hypocritical. :thumbup:

Chuckles stop avoiding and twisting.

We went to protest and it worked, it couldnt have any other outcome, it was a horrible atmosphere for him.

You are going and cheering like you always did when Tan has said if the majority is happy he is happy... You are now part of that majority, yet go regardless and say nothing.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Thats all well and good chucks, but at the end of the day all Tan wants is your ticket money, and you give it and cheer as you always did.

I agree you have done more than most, but nothing that really matters. Dave Sugerman et al - I have complete respect for as a fan, i know a few others too. The biggest message you could ever send Tan is not going and protesting, however its the one that comes at most personal cost which is why not many people have done it, and is probably why it seems you arent far away from a name change and a complete rebrand.

If only everyone did it at once you wouldnt be in this mess. Tan is a business man and htere is no way hed continue with empty stadiums. Im afriad to go and say nothing is doing the same as going and loving the rebrand.

There's not enough people who oppose it for things like that to be successful. If 5k boycotted there would be 5k happily taking their ST & Tan wouldn't notice.

I'd rather be there and wear blue. :thumbup:

As I said, you being critical of those attending games whilst not liking the regime is rather hypocritical seeing as you still attended despite not liking the Petty regime.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:

We protested inside and outside the ground mate.It worked in the end.I've seen a few of your matches on internet streams and i've yet to hear one single anti Tan message/song/flag.At the Spurs match all i heard and saw was a load of red shirts and pick and shovel tunes.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 am

Penguin wrote:
JamesC wrote:
Penguin wrote:Is this tattoo for real? :oops:

Maybe he's anticipating the future...if Tan creates Cardiff Dragons then you "WERE" Cardiff City and "WERE" Premier League. ;)

Oh yeah!!!! Like what was posted before, when the exact same thing was said!

.....read the thread

My apologies. Good to see you have a sense of humour. :thumbup:

:lol: :thumbup:

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:25 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

There's not enough people who oppose it for things like that to be successful. If 5k boycotted there would be 5k happily taking their ST & Tan wouldn't notice.

I'd rather be there and wear blue. :thumbup:

As I said, you being critical of those attending games whilst not liking the regime is rather hypocritical seeing as you still attended despite not liking the Petty regime.

Chuckles, you are like a dog with a bone regarding that point. Im resorted to cutting and pasting the answer im afriad....

"We went to protest and it worked, it couldnt have any other outcome, it was a horrible atmosphere for him. "

As for not enough to be successful, there isnt enough because of attitudes like that. If everybody thought like that then aparthide wouldnt have been abolished.

You have to fight for what you believe in, not go along with it because you dont think people will join in.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:26 am

Chuckles v Roathie could run for years :laughing6:

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:26 am

6 bysedd wrote:i've yet to hear one single anti Tan message/song/flag.At the Spurs match all i heard and saw was a load of red shirts and pick and shovel tunes.

There's been a few, but again - you miss my point.

The overwhelming majority are not anti-Tan.... So there won't be any major protests.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:31 am

RoathMagic wrote:Chuckles, you are like a dog with a bone regarding that point. Im resorted to cutting and pasting the answer im afriad....

that's because it's my opinion. Anyone who has a to at fans who attend games yet are against the regime, yet did exactly that when they were against Petty, is just a hypocrite.

"We went to protest and it worked, it couldnt have any other outcome, it was a horrible atmosphere for him. "

As for not enough to be successful, there isnt enough because of attitudes like that. If everybody thought like that then aparthide wouldnt have been abolished.

You have to fight for what you believe in, not go along with it because you dont think people will join in.

which is what I've done, I've listed it above for you.

Barry Chuckle wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:i've yet to hear one single anti Tan message/song/flag.At the Spurs match all i heard and saw was a load of red shirts and pick and shovel tunes.

There's been a few, but again - you miss my point.

The overwhelming majority are not anti-Tan.... So there won't be any major protests.

How do you know though chucks. Surely the hardcore 5,000 that were there in the bad times would be against it? 5,000 is a significant number to turn up and give Tan hell about the rebrand and 5,000 is a major protest, do that every week and he will soon get the message.

Anyway, I'm leaving it here now. You think one thing and I disagree.. I think something and you disagree..

Beauty of opinions eh? :laughing6: :D

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 am

How is going to vehemently protest for 90mins the same as going to watch the match? :lol:

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 am

RoathMagic wrote:How is going to vehemently protest for 90mins the same as going to watch the match? :lol:

You still attended & gave him your money.. Which is what you criticised me for.

Why didn't you boycott like you've said Cardiff fans should? Just my opinion. :malky: