Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Dragons or Red Kit?

You may select 1 option

View results

Cardiff Dragons or Red Kit?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:27 pm

I was just watching the Hull fans protesting and was genuinely interested what fans would have preferred?

Red Kit or Name change?

Please don't fill the thread with neither blah blah just don't comment if you don't want to.

I'm against the re-brand just interested that's all.

Re: Cardiff Dragons or Red Kit?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Theres no options here as tan will have both if he likes and fans will take it on the chin its that simple :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Mardon89 wrote:I was just watching the Hull fans protesting and was genuinely interested what fans would have preferred?

Red Kit or Name change?

Please don't fill the thread with neither blah blah just don't comment if you don't want to.

A truer analogy would have been would we have accepted a name change to cardiff city bluebirds or change to red....in which case I'd have thought it would have been near 100 percent in favour of the name change.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Withthe options above, I went with Red Kit,

but i'de take Cardiff City Bluebirds, or Cardiff Bluebirds, and go back to blue any day

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:I was just watching the Hull fans protesting and was genuinely interested what fans would have preferred?

Red Kit or Name change?

A truer analogy would have been would we have accepted a name change to cardiff city bluebirds or change to red....in which case I'd have thought it would have been near 100 percent in favour of the name change.

We are already Cardiff City / Bluebirds so no need to change that.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Theres no options here as tan will have both if he likes and fans will take it on the chin its that simple :ayatollah:

I agree completely but my personal opinion is that if Tan changed our name but kept us blue there wouldn't be as big of a fuss.

blue kit new badge and name change I mean by that.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Mardon89 wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:

Red Kit or Name change?

Hull were already Hull City / The Tigers you dopey c**t

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:50 pm

I don't really understand why Hull think rebranding to Hull City Tigers is a good marketing poly? Whatever your thoughts on our rebrand you can see why red/dragon would be appealing to the Asian market, especially the Chinese but who are Hull targeting?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:

Red Kit or Name change?

Hull were already Hull City / The Tigers you dopey c**t

I'm a dopey c**t because I didn't see the point in rebranding to Cardiff City bluebirds?? Right Polo spot on there I don't understand what the fk your on about. My original post was on about re naming to Cardiff Dragons...

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 pm

I would still take a red kit over Any name change.

Cardiff Dragons/Cardiff Bluebirds = No thanks!

CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Mardon89 wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:

Red Kit or Name change?

We are not already Cardiff City/Bluebirds! Are we still in blue? Is the Bluebird still the main emblem on our badge? No! We are in red and the main emblem on our badge is a dragon! We are currently the Cardiff City dragons, or the Cardiff City Malaysian red dragons to be precise! It's only because the fans keep chanting Bluebirds that we haven't officially been changed to the dragons yet, but that's one of several further steps Tan will take to trample over our history! To be honest Tan is clever gradually phasing things out the way he is, if he did all this at once, I'm sure there would be uproar. It's all fine because we are Premiership mind of course! :(

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I don't really understand why Hull think rebranding to Hull City Tigers is a good marketing poly? Whatever your thoughts on our rebrand you can see why red/dragon would be appealing to the Asian market, especially the Chinese but who are Hull targeting?

India maybe?

That's all I can think of.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:

Red Kit or Name change?

We are not already Cardiff City/Bluebirds! Are we still in blue? Is the Bluebird still the main emblem on our badge? No! We are in red and the main emblem on our badge is a dragon! We are currently the Cardiff City dragons, or the Cardiff City Malaysian red dragons to be precise! It's only because the fans keep chanting Bluebirds that we haven't officially been changed to the dragons yet, but that's one of several further steps Tan will take to trample over our history! To be honest Tan is clever gradually phasing things out the way he is, if he did all this at once, I'm sure there would be uproar. It's all fine because we are Premiership mind of course! :(

The fans created the nickname bluebirds and until the last fan stops chanting it we will always be bluebirds no matter how you look at it.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Mardon89 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Mardon89 wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:

Red Kit or Name change?

The fans created the nickname bluebirds and until the last fan stops chanting it we will always be bluebirds no matter how you look at it.

To us fans, we will always be Bluebirds, but will we always be Bluebirds to Tan?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I don't really understand why Hull think rebranding to Hull City Tigers is a good marketing poly? Whatever your thoughts on our rebrand you can see why red/dragon would be appealing to the Asian market, especially the Chinese but who are Hull targeting?

Get real Tony.

People in Asia would only be seriously interested in Cardiff City if they started winning the league and champions league.

Oh lets stop supporting Man U cos Cardiff have got a dragon on their crest.

:roll:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

Get real Tony.

People in Asia would only be seriously interested in Cardiff City if they started winning the league and champions league.

Oh lets stop supporting Man U cos Cardiff have got a dragon on their crest.

:roll:

Whilst I don't disagree with you here Polo I can see that there is a gap in the market for an exciting new team that is billed as a plucky underdog to capture the hearts and imaginations of the audience.

Be that in South Wales or South East Asia, more people will slowly start supporting us.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Both are as bad as eachother. But like someone else said, I'd rather be Cardiff City Bluebirds in blue than be Cardiff City in red.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:09 am

How's about we just stayed blue and as Cardiff City Football Club and then the fans would be united and we'd all be enjoying a peaceful and wonderful Premier League experience. Not rocket science is it?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 am

NEITHER. " WE'RE CARDIFF CITY WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE " :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 am

Zabier wrote:How's about we just stayed blue and as Cardiff City Football Club and then the fans would be united and we'd all be enjoying a peaceful and wonderful Premier League experience. Not rocket science is it?

Spot on Steve :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:59 am

We will have to win the league a good few times before the Asian market looks at us :laughing6:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Red kit for now its only temperary as is Mr Tan,he wont be here for ever.We will see blue again anyway most of us :old: