Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" EVERTON FAN IN PEACE. "

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Hey there, I'm Zoo, an Evertonian this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

Thanks in advance and if anyone fancies discussing Saturday's game with a few Blues you'll be more than welcome.

1 - First off, great result against Manchester City! I myself loved the game and was really impressed with you. What are your thoughts on the City win?

2 - Now that you've settled down, what are your thoughts on the change from being 'blue' to 'red'? Have any of you come to embrace the idea?

3 - What are your thoughts on Malky McKay? Is he the man to keep you in the Premier League?

4 - What are your thoughts on Roberto Martinez?

5 - Where do you think you will finish this season?

6 - Where do you think Everton will finish this season?

7 - If you could take three players from Everton who would they be and why?

8 - In which areas do you need to improve before the transfer window shuts?

9 - Who at Everton are you worried about seeing on Saturday and who should we fear?

10 - Lastly, what will the score be?

Again, I thank you for your time, you've been a great help.

Re: EVERTON FAN IN PEACE.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Quick few for you, will Fellaini and Baines be unsettled ???

Are you expecting either to remain with you ???

Who impressed you against Man City???

Do you expect Martinez to come under pressure or get the sack by the end of the season, as it looks like he will go Wigan style and make you much less defensive and far easier to score against, let's not forget he took Wigan down and has been close to doing this for three seasons???

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:46 pm

dont mind answering a few question, but jeeze that would be an essay if some one answers them in full

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:54 pm

I notice on your site you say we will be "Cardiff will be comfortably in the bottom half" :wave:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Zoo wrote:Hey there, I'm Zoo, an Evertonian this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

Thanks in advance and if anyone fancies discussing Saturday's game with a few Blues you'll be more than welcome.

1 - First off, great result against Manchester City! I myself loved the game and was really impressed with you. What are your thoughts on the City win?
1 Personally i was just hoping we could keep the scored down to simply a respectable beating, our performance at West Ham was frighteningly poor and expectations were low.

2 - Now that you've settled down, what are your thoughts on the change from being 'blue' to 'red'? Have any of you come to embrace the idea?

2 The vast majority have accepted in but reluctantly, we would all prefer to still be in blue, but not at the possible risk of losing our club, real fans andi,m sure this is the case everywhere would put the club,s interests abovevtheir personal preferences for the sake of the club.

3 - What are your thoughts on Malky McKay? Is he the man to keep you in the Premier League?
3. Like all footbal fans, whe we win he,s the best, yet lose two games and some question his track record, a bitblike when Alex Ferguson first went to Man U. Personally for me he is the man, not the finished article but a fast and willing learner.

4. Being an ex Jack, he,ll always have baggage in our eyes.lol. but undoubtably a good exciting young manager who knows the game, it will all be about results though and whether the club will show patience if push comes to shove.

5. Sevententeenth or above will be fantastic for us fans, but it may not be enough for our billionaire owner, who whilst being enthusiastic, is also quite naive in demands of football.

6. Top half, but around eighth.
7. Fellani, three times.

8.Full back and winger.
9 - Who at Everton are you worried about seeing on Saturday and who should we fear?
9.Answer seven may give you a clue, and fear is not the word, terrified of the pitbull Medel is more like it.

10. An exciting nil nil.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:00 pm

1. I think it shows we are genuine title contenders

2. Shit

3. We won't go down

4. Decent manager

5. 1st

6. 18th

7. Coleman, need an attacking right back. Baines, need a back up left back. No one else, waste of wages

8. Natural wide player

9. No Everton player worries me, maybe Barkley skying a shot into the Canton stand but that's about it. Kim, Campbell, Bellamy, Cornelius and Whittingham

10. 2-1 Cardiff

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Zoo wrote:Hey there, I'm Zoo, Evertonian this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

One of the great days! We worked hard, which is in Malky's managerial DNA. We capitalised on surprisingly bad Citeh defending. Although it was just one game, im just so proud that we as a set of supporters showed what we are about on Sunday. Pure partizan passion!

Its torn the fanbase in two, simple as that. Our success ON the pitch I feel has acted as a filler, but cracks are still there. Personally I believed we were too late in beginning protest towards the owner over the rebrand, but at the same time I understand the majority of the fans mindset at time, we were on our knees and he grabbed us by the balls and basically said "im gonna invest 100 million and save your club but im changing you to red, cos I can" When Swansea were dominating Welsh football and getting verbal blow jobs from every pundit from here to Pluto, it was just all too easy to shut up and let it all happen. The hardcore will detest me saying that and say im wrong, but the proof is there. We are Red. My biggest fear is a new generation of fan will come through and only know us as the boys in Red.

Astute, driven, intelligent & Scottish, thats al you need to be a great British manager, Man Utd beckons aye? :lol:

After what he did at Wigan and how he treated the club and especially his loyalty toward the chairman, i have a lot of respect for him. He has earned his stripes at the top level...he build the foundation to Swansea's City's prolonged success and he got a team of average Wigan players playing decent football, kept them up for a few years and won major silverwear, if that is not impressive then what is? Everton is bigger than both of those clubs put together though and it will interesting to see how much time he is given by the club and its fans when/if shit hits the fan, starting Saturday.

Honestly...15th

12th, sorry.

Baines, its obvious why. Barkley because he already is class let alone in 2-3 years and Fellaini for his technical prowess.

Out wide, even more so after what I saw against Man CIty. Setting up with a counter attacking mindset will probably work best for us superior opponents, so we need that speed mixed with Premiership quality to make maximum impact.

Jelavic, he's not had a great start but he is a determined player who on his day is as good as anyone.

If we carry the momentum from the Citeh game, then why not a 1-0 win, but realistically this will be a totally different prospect again...id bite your hand off for a point.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Zoo wrote:Hey there, I'm Zoo, Evertonian this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

1 - First off, great result against Manchester City! I myself loved the game and was really impressed with you. What are your thoughts on the City win? Still hungover

2 - Now that you've settled down, what are your thoughts on the change from being 'blue' to 'red'? Have any of you come to embrace the idea? there's been a rebrand?

3 - What are your thoughts on Malky McKay? Is he the man to keep you in the Premier League? Top Man

4 - What are your thoughts on Roberto Martinez? Moyes is better

5 - Where do you think you will finish this season? 16th

6 - Where do you think Everton will finish this season? 10th

7 - If you could take three players from Everton who would they be and why? Southall, Reid and Latchford

8 - In which areas do you need to improve before the transfer window shuts? Many

9 - Who at Everton are you worried about seeing on Saturday and who should we fear? 1 to 11

10 - Lastly, what will the score be? 2-2

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Unbeliveable, I thought we'd get at most a draw, throughout the week I said we'd get something but when I saw the line up I was annoyed and felt it would be mauling for us, instead we were rewarded for brilliant tactics and stuck to our game plan, I was really proud of how we conducted ourselves, we matched them man for man, so many of their stars were kept under wraps by our stars. The atmosphere was something else.

It's already been embraced, at Brighton home it was a sea of red, a few of our fans delude themselves with the fact we can't do anything about it, we are rapidly turning into a Red club and it's not the fans fault at all. We don't have a strong enough hardcore fan base to fight what happened. Our nation itself is rugby obsessed but the Welsh public aren't the sort of thing that would try and be rebellious and fight against it. The latest group to fight against the re-brand Bluebirds Unite have the numbers but don't conduct themselves in the right manner. I think the change is the start of something new at the club, whilst some don't want to accept it, modern football is the way it is today, accepting the colour change means we can progress.
I think Malky Mackay is a great manager, he definitely is the man to keep us in the Premier League, the fellow promoted managers are constantly praised, yet Bruce hasn't really got a good record and neither does Holloway. We're definitely the most strongest team to stay up over the recently promoted sides. Malky may not play attractive football but he thrives on work ethic and the backroom staff help that. It's refreshing from the previous regime

Quality manager, sole reason where Swansea are today because of the style he influenced them with, Swansea fans are reluctant to accept the fact how he put the style in play. He seems a decent manager and not one to get caught out in the press, likes to keep himself to himself. A really good manager but in my eyes the wrong appointment if Everton were to be ambitious.
I think we will finish around 15th, with a few more signings, we can try and nail down a mid-table place. We can't run before we can walk, we've got to aim for an average finish then build on it. I think we are still missing a few positions that need to be filled to help us achieve that finish. I think a lot of our fans are underestimating our team though. We can do well in our debut season.

With the added investment of so many teams such as ourselves spending so much in our first season and teams such as Norwich and Southampton spending quite a bit, I can see Everton finishing about 8th/9th. I feel you could win a cup this season though, something Everton fans have been craving for some time. But I can see you finishing below quite a few teams.

Leighton Baines - quality consistent Left Back, tracked by some top clubs, good attacking full back and brilliant at set pieces.

Phil Jagielka - quality captain, has come over leaps and bounds to come to where he is today, proves that even though he was bought from a relegated Premier League side he quickly turned into a quality center back.

Gerard Deulofeu - Quality winger, I'd have loved him here, highly rated and Martinez has done well to bring him in on a limited budget.

Left back - we need more cover as we only have an eighteen year old to call upon if our first team LB is injured, a CAM - someone to cover Kim Bo-Kyung although our striker Mason could fill into that role, A Winger - we are crying out for a bit of pace and creativity in our team but we also need this winger to have a defensive side to their game. A ST - I still feel we need a proven goalscorer, so we don't have to rely on the other strikers if they have their offdays

In all honesty I'm not worried at all and think we should be aiming to get at least a point, I'm hoping the atmosphere is the same as Sunday or at least close to it, I feel we can match your lot and give you a good game, Everton are only just adapting to Martinez I assume so I feel we can grab something as you have yet to pick up points against teams you should be picking them up from.
You should fear Kim Bo-Kyung, a great creative midfielder who takes on a man brilliantly, got great vision and a real bargain.

Another player to fear is Gary Medel, he is the perfect midfielder, he constantly asks for the ball from the goalkeeper as he has the confidence to run from box-to-box, he's a brilliant tackler and his passing stats are brilliant. He was the best passer at Sevilla last season with an 89% pass success.

The score will be 2-1 City.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:13 pm

shocked and brilliant

not needed but I don't put the money in the club

mixed feelings at times

good footballing style

15th

11th

baines - great left back, mirrallas just awesome and barkley young player with great future

out on the wing need couple fast pacey wingers whipping the deadly crosses in

mirrallas and you should fear Campbell if hes in the mood again

2-2 draw

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Zoo wrote:Hey there, I'm Zoo, an Evertonian - this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

Totally unexpected
Hate it. We're Cardiff city we'll always be blue
The man is a god. Yes
Ex jack manager so dislike him
14th
10th
Baines, Fellini and southall (;-))
Full back and wide left
Fellaini. Fear kimbo
2-1 ccfc

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:Quick few for you, will Fellaini and Baines be unsettled ???

Are you expecting either to remain with you ???

Who impressed you against Man City???

Do you expect Martinez to come under pressure or get the sack by the end of the season, as it looks like he will go Wigan style and make you much less defensive and far easier to score against, let's not forget he took Wigan down and has been close to doing this for three seasons???

And don't underestimate us, the last two season Man city didn't lose till Christmas and that was against bigger teams than you and us :thumbup:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Zoo wrote:Hey there, I'm Zoo, an Evertonian- this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

Ecstatic, huge bonus, we weren't expected to get anything.

Still very mixed feelings, if we had a choice we'd be blue, but we don't. When the game starts though we are one, Cardiff City Fc :ayatollah:

I believe so, done a great job to date, still learning.

Ex Jack so say no more, but admire his football philosophy

16th hopefully?

7th

Barkley,Baines & Fellaini, we'd qualify for Champions League :thumbup:

Winger & full back a must for me & probably another striker being greedy

Duncan Mackenzie, last time we played you ( I think ? ) he had us running round in circles. Not too concerned about Fellaini now the pit bull (Madel) has tamed one giant ( Toure )

1-1 and I'd take it right now

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Great result, and a massive testament to our home fans. When the rebrand debate isnt an issue we show how loud and inspirational we can be when we're all together

There are differing opinions on this everywhere. The majority have taken it on the cheek because of how much they love the club, others have embraced it like the second coming. I am of the former. We appreciate how much Tan has done for us, but the way he went about this rebrand was very poor indeed.

Malky is a fantastic young manager, very professional and level headed. This was shown when he was linked to your club a while back. He conducts himself extremely well, and we are very proud to have him at the club. For me personally, I think his only downfall is when he gets his tactics wrong, and doesn't seem to react to them (on the pitch) quickly enough. However he is a young manager and will learn, and go from strength to strength.

Fantastic tactical manager, really over achieved with a poor Wigan team. His signings weren't always brilliant, but I fear this was a budget issue. Give him some money and a bit of freedom and I think he will bring a lot of success to whatever club he is at.

14th is my prediction

I can't see you guys breaking the top 6 this year, I'm going for 8th. This is only because I can't see you keeping Fellaini, and i'm not sure you'll be able to attract players big enough to break into a European place this season. However, keeping Baines is vital, and getting Jelavic on form will be invaluable to your league position, athen you can build under your new manager.

Fellaini, Baines, Jagielka.
Fellaini and Baines are pretty much self explanatory, especially with us crying out for new full backs, and MF being versatile enough to play as a DM, AM or ST. Jagielka would being much needed experience to sure up our back 4, he would replace Turner very easily, and play every week alongside Caulker. Which could lead to an England partnership in the very near future.

Well, we have Brayford, so LB and a wide man with pace. A striker would be nice too, but Frazier has a lot to offer, Cornelius is as of yet, untested, but VERY promising, and I still have a lot of faith in Maynard. However if we get 2 injuries we have our options limited. One more Striker should be enough for the season.

Baines is the player who worries me mostly, but Barkley has had a fantastic start to his PL campaign, and looks dangerous, then of course there's Jelavic and Fellaini. There is a lot of quality in your squad to be worried about, it's just we are all still on a high at the moment... Man City have a lot of quality too!
You guys should fear Kim and Frazier at the moment, they look dangerous and clinical for us at the moment, and I believe that will be the case all season, and they'll only grow better and better each week.

2-1 Cardiff
Jelavic
Campbell
Kim

Good Luck! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Zoo wrote:Hey there, I'm Zoo, an Evertonian this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

Bought back memories of beating Real Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup so I can't say more than that.

On messageboards the fanbase in split but inside the ground the fans are completely together as one with the manager and our players. Ask Man City because they found that out on Sunday.

Next best thing since sliced bread and like Saint Bob Of Martinez one of the best young managers around.

Saint Bob is first and foremost a Jack b*stard but like Malky Mackay is one of the best young managers around. Given time I'm sure he will get Everton playing some top entertaining football.

Anything above 17th will be fine with me and I really believe MM and our players will do that.

Ask me when the transfer window has closed

Baines & Fellaini obviously but I like Anichebe as well as he really is a handfull in my opinion.

Wide players with pace.

More worried about Everton playing in Blue because I hate it when the opposition turn up in "Our" colours. You should worry about the never give up mentality of MM and his players.

I think we will get something out of the game but as we haven't kept a clean sheet yet maybe a scoring draw.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Astonishment if I am honest. It was a fantastic game brilliant atmosphere and very reminiscent of the Leeds game in the FA Cup tie in 2002.

I don't like the rebrand but I like the idea of no Cardiff City even less. When you are a club who are £60m in debt and someone offers £100m and the resources to get the club into the Premier League in exchange for a rebrand, then quite frankly you would have been barmy not to accept and despite what some others have said, the vast majority of our fan base had the common sense to accept it rather than make a Kamikaze stand against it.

He will be Man United manager when your former chief David Moyes stands down. A brilliant motivator with the knack of getting a result against all odds.

Brendon Rogers got Swansea into the Premier League but it was Roberto Martinez who laid the foundations. He is a different manager to Malky McKay but gets similar results.

I'll be disappointed with 2nd ;)

Probably 7th or 8th but I wouldn't be surprised if you did make 4th.

1. Leon Osman he is a Cardiff City type player and would be loved down here.
2. Nikica Jelavić thought he was great when he was at Rangers and he had a great start for you. Didn't seem to score much last season but I still think he is a good forward.
3. Phil Jagielka I remember him as a no nonsense defender when he played against us for Sheffield United in the mid-noughties.

Wingers

Roberto Martinez he had the Indian sign over us when at Swansea. You should fear the crowd we'll be up for it again!!

2-0 Cardiff. Sorry that's always my answer when asked that question

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Zoo wrote:Hey there, I'm Zoo, an Evertonian - this year I've decided to run a feature that asks the opposing fans each week what they think of us and how they think the game will go. If you have a moment of your time it would be great if you could answer the following questions so that I can share your thoughts with our members.

I was crying at the final whistle. The years of growing up with kids back in school laughing at me supporting "rubbish" Cardiff City sprung to mind. I never thought I would ever see us beat the most expensively assembled team in the Premiership full of world class players. It meant everything to me, all my previous 25 seasons of pain and despair made that moment feel so special.

I was born a blue Bluebird and I will die a blue Bluebird. Nothing our owner, Vincent Tan does will ever change my feelings there. Vincent Tan can give us all the money, players, facilities and success he wants, it still won't make me completely happy. Every success we now have is tainted. I cried at the final whistle Sunday because of what my local team achieved, my local team kids in my school used to laugh at me for supporting. But back in those days, I was never embarrassed to support my local team. Back then we were rubbish, but I still supported my local team that I was proud of. These days, I am slightly embarrassed to say to people I am a Cardiff fan because of what Vincent Tan has done to our club. It feels like my local club is a prostitute selling parts of itself for money.

In my opinion, the colour of the shirt and the badge defines the identity of every football club. Vincent Tan has changed both our colour and badge and therefore, our identity has gone. The passionate, emotional connection I once had is no longer there, but at the same time I can't give up supporting my local team. You can still support your club while voicing your displeasure of what's happening to your club, and I am one of several thousand fans doing this. If you come to the game next Saturday, you'll see a big mixture of blue and red shirts in the crowd and this is what saddens me. Of course, I will be in a blue shirt and I understand why some of our fans have reluctantly accepted the rebrand, but I will never understand why some of our fans are now choosing to wear a red shirt instead of a blue shirt as these fans are contributing to the idenity of our club being forever extinguished.

As already said, us football fans are fickle. The same fans worshipping Malky when we win then call him tactically clueless when we lose. I wouldn't want anyone else managing us right now and I think Malky will go on to manage one of the big 4 teams. He isn't perfect, he makes mistakes but he is a young manager continuously learning and improving. Malky has been a breath of fresh air with his approach from day 1, telling players to leave their egos at the door and bringing together a group of players with the camaraderie necessary to deal with the long hard slog of a 46 game Championship season. He has put together a determined team with a fitness, effort and work rate I have never seen from a Cardiff side before. Every player in our team will put their life on the line for their team mate.

Malky looks like he has also added tremendous quality this season also, especially with Gary Medel who I think will be a contender for signing of the season (I know that's a bold statement so early into this season). Medel is the type of player we have been lacking for years to shore things up in the middle and control the game. It would be complete madness if Malky was sacked after a run of bad results because we would not be able to get in anyone better than him in our current position. We are only a newly promoted team after all.

Aside from the fact he was an ex Swansea manager, Roberto is one of the best young managers in the game. He is respectful, honest, diplomatic and gets his teams playing the correct way. My only concern with Roberto is he has never really managed to keep his teams defensively tight and with Everton's lack of goal scoring strikers last season, I think it could be a big problem. I notice you've conceded 2 at home to Norwich already and I really don't think you would have done that with Moyes. Roberto is a good guy mind and I wish him all the best with you.

It depends if we add a few more players to our squad, but I said at the start of the season we will finish 14th, so I will stick with that. We are better than Hull and Crystal Palace and I think Stoke will be in serious trouble this season with Pulis gone. I think we will come above those 3 teams, plus hopefully a couple of others.

As I said for question 4, it depends if Roberto can keep you defensively tighter than he has managed at his previous clubs and you get an our and out goal scorer. You have been missing a prolific goal scorer for years. Your midfield is awesome and your Baines/Pienaar combo down the left can tear any team apart. I think you will unfortunately decline a little under Roberto but I still think you'll come top half in around 9th place. It does depend if you can keep Baines and Fellaini mind.

Baines - England's best left back, solid defensively, phenominal engine, quality deliverly, dead ball specialist, tenacious, gutsy, consistant, I could go on and on. Baines has far more quality than Ashley Cole.

Ross Barkley - I haven't seen much of him as he's only just broken through, but he looks a player who will go on to be England's best centre midfielder, ahead of Wilshire. From the little I've seen, Barkley plays with a maturity beyond his years, he's currently getting rave reviews and he's only going to get better and better. Scary!

Fellaini - A midfield powerhouse without a weakness in his game. Quality footballer, versatile and chips in with his fair share of goals. I hope you manage to keep hold of him.

We definitely need 2 more wingers. We desperately needed some pace and creativity out wide away to West Ham. We don't really have a winger who can beat a full back one on one. We are lacking someone who can beat/draw players to open up space for others. I would also like another centre back and target man striker as I feel we are short of the required strength in depth quality wise in these 2 areas.

I am worried your Baines/Pienaar combo down your left will tear us apart. The centre midfield battle will be interesting. I am also wary of Sheamus Coleman down the other side and the different problems you will give us as a whole really. Man City were pass, pass, pass, trying to play through us without really getting at us one on one. I think Everton will be more direct and you will give us completely different problems to Man City.

I will go for 1-1, I don't think either of us will keep a clean sheet. If you ask me to pick one winner, I would have to accept you will probably bring us back down to earth and sneak a 2-1 win, but we are good at home and I think Sunday's performance will inspire us to put in another good display and I will go for a good, even 1-1 draw. Whatever happens, good luck for the rest of the season after Saturday (apart from when we meet for the return fixture of course!)

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Unreal, magical and very proud.

Will never embrace it and will only continue to follow while the fans oppose it all.

Last season and not long ago I would have said no. Still not sure about him but started to believe he could keep us in the premier.

Did a great job at Swansea and quite well at Wigan. Deserves a chance at a big club like Everton but he will always be known as a gay Spanish waiter by me, no prizes for guessing why.

Still undecided. I thought we would be fine when I first heard of the signing we went for but since a couple have turned us down I'm not too sure.

Don't follow you much but have always thought you are an established top middle team in the premier so I'll go with that.

Fellani, Baines and not bothered about a 3rd one. The 2 mentioned names needs no explanations.

Full backs

Fellani and Baines plus the guy who helps Baines down that wing.

Heart say 1-0 to us a winner in the last 15 minutes. Head says I reckon we could get a draw.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:17 pm

1 - First off, great result against Manchester City! I myself loved the game and was really impressed with you. What are your thoughts on the City win? Ecstatic really thought we would lose 3-1 and would have just been happy to score a goal but on the day we put in a great performance full of determination and commitment and deserved the 3 points

2 - Now that you've settled down, what are your thoughts on the change from being 'blue' to 'red'? Have any of you come to embrace the idea? Personally I hate it but love the Club too much to walk away there was absolutely no need for it and if we had remained in Blue Vincent Tan would be our greatest Chairman ever but instead he is despised by a large number of our fans

Very good young Manager who has brought a real work ethic and team spirit to our club coupled with an excellent training and fitness regime he his still learning and tactically can be a little naive at times but he masterminded the win over Man City and will undoubtably go on to manage a top 6 Club

Very good Manager even if he his an ex Jack and i think he will deliver a top 10 position for Everton but can't see you getting into the top 6?

Will be happy with 17th but feel we could finish anywhere between 12th-15th

In the top 10 how high will depend on wheter you can keep Fellani and Baines?

Fellani, Baines and Miralles because they are all quality players with Premiership experience who if added to our current squad would probably mean we would finish in the top 10

Still think we need another defender who can play right across the back 4, definitely need one maybe 2 wingers and I still think we need another striker not asking for much :D

Obviously Fellani but also think miralles could cause us problems, I think Campbell and Kim Bo could cause problems for your back 4 and Medel is a beast in midfield

Think Man City took us too lightly but I don't think Everton will make the same mistake and we could come down to earth with a bump but I am going for a 1-1 draw

Good luck for the season apart from Saturday and when we play you at Goodison which I am hoping to to get to because I have always wanted to visit Goodison Park :old:

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Incredible. Expected us to score but not to win. When I got to the ground on the day I thought we actually have a major chance to pinch this when I saw the line up. I was annoyed with Connolly still being chosen along with Hudson being dropped but I managed to trust MM but could see them having a bad day again. The atmosphere was just electric most of the time and Man City were sloppy on times and at 0-0 half time you could see us maybe pushing them more. But the goals coming all over the place and the celebrations were crazy. A historic day and I won't forget it for a long time.

This separates the supporters. Got all different categories for supporters and also some have different stances. I welcomed it as long as he would make us debt free and push us forward with his plans which he has currently done most of. He has done a lot of good work for this club and some people need to be unbiased on there views and just give the guy credit but some are way too bitter to do so. I dislike it but for the good of the club it's something I will accept. The kit's have been lovely with the template etc but it doesn't feel right

I hope so. He has a lot to learn but he showed Saturday his belief and judgement in his line up and tactics. Malky is personally a great guy and the supporters love him. He credits the supporters all the time which some don't. He appreciates the club and is passionate about the club even though it is his job. Rejected a few tempting offers but stuck with us due to the fact he enjoys it here and wants to build something. Young and huge potential to be a top manager. Don't how far he could go but this is a big season and learning curve for him. Helps he got SAF and Moyes giving advice to him.

Great manager. Really speaks well and tries tactically to out smart the opponents like Mourinho. Some managers sometimes tactically try things against certain teams but mainly trust there teams performance and quality but he does both. Likeable guy.

14th/15th.

9th, tough season because of a new manager and getting to grips but you won't be too bad. Kept the same squad and added a bit.

Baines, easily the best Left Back in the Prem.

Kevin Mirallas, the pace and speed he got, quality finisher and gives 100%.

Phil Jagielka, quality CB and has grown better and better, consistently getting better.

Winger, Striker.

Baines, set pieces and Coleman, the boy got lightening pace. Along with Fellani, adds a lot of quality in the middle.

You should fear Campbell who basically played a huge part Saturday. Always chasing down and will force a mistake or read one.

Whittingham with top quality delivery's.

2-1 to us.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Zoo wrote:1 - First off, great result against Manchester City! I myself loved the game and was really impressed with you. What are your thoughts on the City win?

Thanks. We smashed them and it could have been more if Fraizer had been more clinical in first half.

Id rather be blue but red is not too bad and is made easier to take given Tan's swag. 8-)

He is the true special one, not Mourinho.

Never met the bloke.

12-14th

7-9th

Mirallas - decent operator and a threat. Baines as it would add more solidity down the left and Fellaini for obvious reasons. I would have loved the old Cahill in the team mind as he personifies Malky's way of operating.

Wings.

We should fear Baines' delivery. You should fear Whittingham's delivery.

2-2

Re: " EVERTON FAN IN PEACE. "

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 pm

1 - What are your thoughts on the City win? What a win! I thought we was excellent. We was very organised and displined.

2 - Now that you've settled down, what are your thoughts on the change from being 'blue' to 'red'? Have any of you come to embrace the idea? Personally I have accepted the Rebrand due to the rewards, such as Premiership Football, New training ground to be built and a stadium expansion, plus a lot more.

3 - What are your thoughts on Malky McKay? Is he the man to keep you in the Premier League? He's surly one of the most talented young British managers! He's like a 12th player on the side line, always vocal and encouraging the team.

4 - What are your thoughts on Roberto Martinez? Roberto is a good manager to say the least, but I am not sure if he's the man to take Everton forward.

5 - Where do you think you will finish this season? I'll take anywhere above the bottom three, I feel we will finish 15th place.

6 - Where do you think Everton will finish this season? I think Everton will not do as good as last season after losing moyes, however I still think a top 8 finish is on the cards for Everton.

7 - If you could take three players from Everton who would they be and why? Firstly Leighton Baines, one if the most talented left backs in the game. Next I would also take Osman, I feel he's a really good centre midfielder who deserves a place in the England team. Lastly I would take Barkley, a real gem, he's bound or great things!

8 - In which areas do you need to improve before the transfer window shuts? Personally I feel we need a new winger to have pace and energy out wide.

9 - Who at Everton are you worried about seeing on Saturday and who should we fear? I fear Felaini, he has the ability to run games and win games. After the excellent performance I feel you should fear Kim, he's a real class midfielder, he as so much ability he can turn a game on its head.

10 - Lastly, what will the score be? Its going to be open game, Cardiff are going to be very confident aftsr beating Man City. i am going for a 2-2!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:52 am

Great win, time to move on. If we get relegated the win against Man City will mean little. Have to get over it now and create the same atmosphere against Everton

No and never will. It should not stop unconditional support for the team but fans should never embrace the idea of playing in red at home.

Great manager and is learning all the time. Our football under Malky hasn't always been great but the discipline, fitness and commitment of the players (which comes from the manager) has seen us through. I would say his ambition is bigger than the fans... in that the Man City result probably surprised him less than the footballing world including the fans. He has also embraced and implemented the necessary technology that top clubs and players are now using.

Martinez provided the kick-start and foundation to Swanseas success and while I hate the jacks I have huge respect for Martinez. He will need to be given some time at Everton.

14th or 15th

9th or 10th

Fellaini, Baines and Gibson

On the wings (2 wingers) a full back and a striker.

Fellaini is always a threat and has the physical presence that Man City didn't have

Heart says 2-1 Cardiff, head says 2-1 Everton!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 am

There was a game on??? I was a little bit drunk in the crowd. Remember most of the game. But Sky+ and got around to watching on Tuesday. I thought Cardiff's performance was top knotch. Lets hope we can keep the momentum going

I go for the football and the atmosphere. And if it wasnt got V.T money, I feel we wouldnt have a football club to support.

Amazing manager, willing to try new things.

Could possibly lead Everton to C.L football, given the backing from the Everton board.

Anywhere apart from bottom 3

Top 6

Jelavic, Jagielka, Fellaini

Where ever Malky feels we need to improve

Jelavic

2-1 Cardiff

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 am

Long way to go yet in the season, but thought the lads ran their socks off. Played good football when we had the ball and looked strong at the back. Think we may struggle to keep that work rate up all season round, hence why a few more bodies in could be ideal.

Like many fans, we have gone with it but haven't accepted it. Everyone knows we will always be blue in tradition so fail to accept and embrace the 'red'

If anyone is, Malky is the man. He is a brilliant, young manager, still learning his trade but has already done exceptionally well in his time at Cardiff City

Good, young manager. Gets his teams to play football in the right way. Personally I don't think he will come up trumps in his first year with you but be patient and I'm sure he will replicate what Moyes has done for you.

Anywhere as long as we don't go down would be nice. But realistically about 15th

11th this year, but next year I think you will progress and maybe achieve a Europa League position

Coleman - Young, exciting full back who loves to get forward
Fellaini - Big threat at set pieces, but also a brilliant footballer
Baines - Again another full back who loves to get forward, good penalty and free kick taker

Out Wide. Maybe two wingers with another striker. Also a few loans here and there to boost the squad.

Fellaini - See Question 7
Pienaar - Think he will cause our defence a few problems
Coleman & Baines - See Question 7 and solid at the back

Cardiff City 1-1 Everton (Kim) (Pienaar)

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:24 am

Ecstatic, what a game! Shows what the 12th man can do!

No, not at all

Definitely the right man, awesome manager, gonna be at someone like Liverpool one day

Great guy, like the way he thinks

We'll stay up! Originally 16th but it's only 2 games in

9th

Fellaini, Baines and Barkley - need I explain?

Defence, wings, maybe a proven scorer

Fellaini and Baines - be scared of Medel, he'll break your face

2-1 Cardiff

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:52 am

Yes, it was a fantastic day added to the great history of our club but essentially it was just another 3 points. We have to realise now that this is our bread and butter. We have earned the right to play and try to beat these teams. That win could be the difference between 37 points and going down and 40 points and staying up but we need the other points. It was a memorable match and day but it is back to business starting with Accrington Stanley tonight and then you lads on Saturday.

I am one of the fans that chose to use the birth of my son to step aside and use the money to help bring him up instead of spending it on my season ticket. I was disillusioned by the re-brand but I will never stop supporting the team. I was so pleased for the players, staff and fans when we went up. However, I am now going to wait until my son is old enough to decide what sport he wants a season ticket for. Hopefully, it will be the football but he already has a liking for cricket so could well be that! I would definitely put my feelings towards the re-brand to one side for his benefit.

I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to Malky when he first joined us and the man has an infectious attitude. He wants to manage the club in the right way and do it with the right morals. He's got a big future in the game so we should appreciate him whilst he's here.

I'm not his biggest fan. I've always felt he's been tactically naive on the defensive side but he does seem to handle the complex side of the game well but lacks the basics. Is he the right man for Everton? He's a step down from Moyes obviously but I don't think he will put you in trouble.

In all truth, 17th. Our work ethic and professional attitude is too strong to see us relegated. I think Crystal Palace, Stoke, Sunderland and Newcastle all have bigger problems than us. I'd even tip Hull to avoid relegation if they can keep going. I would say there's about 8-9 teams that could realistically go down this year though.

I don't think you will get into Europe but you will finish top half. I'm going to say 10th if you can keep hold of Barkley, Fellaini, Jagielka and Baines.

I would have to say Jagielka to partner Caulker in the middle of defence, Baines as left back and probably Fellaini just because he would be class to have as an attacking power in the centre of midfield with Medel sweeping up behind him.

I would say we still need another centre back and right back. Turner and Connolly aren't consistent enough. We need a winger and hopefully that will come in Montero or someone similar. I would also not begrudge us getting another striker to add depth. Not sure Maynard has it in him to be a Premier League striker whilst Campbell and Cornelius remain unproven at this level.

The form of Ross Barkley is concerning but obviously the familiar faces of Fellaini, Jagielka and Baines will undoubtedly have an impact on the game. I'm always wary about dangerous players such as Jelavic, Mirallas and Pienaar as well. I think the way Kimbo and Medel are playing, Everton will want to watch them. Caulker is also a class act and it looks like Whittingham isn't being mesmerized by the step up to the Premier League.

I can see it being a tight affair. I would say 1-1. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet but I can also see us scoring. Everton won't make the same set piece errors that Manchester City made but they also won't provide the same attacking threat.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks to the OP & all the posters.

IMO this is one of the best posts & follow up discussion , I have seen on this board.

Let s have more in depth football discussions - great job guys.

Enjoyed reading - let the good times roll ( continue )

Go CITY :ayatollah: :malky:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Zoo wrote:
I thought it was fantastic. The team played amazingly. I am still speechless today. The result is beyond words.

I am still disgusted by the change. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate Vincent Tan and all he has done for us financially but the pointless and thoughtless change to red from blue is unacceptable to many. People think Cardiff fans have "sold their souls" etc but in actual fact - There are ALOT of fans out there who would choose their blue identity over success and I for one am one of those fans. Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and other non-red teams across the world are HUGE in Asia. The Asian market aren't attracted to our red - They are attracted to the amount of Asian things within our club.
We have a Malaysian owner and we are sponsored by the Malaysian Government... Us fans don't have a problem with that. All Vincent Tan has to do is return us to blue and this inside divide in fans will be removed.

It's Mackay but I get you... He is the only manager out there that I trust and honestly believe can keep us in the Premier League for years and years to come. I believe he has now achieved the ultimate for us in winning us the Championship and will always be listed as my favourite manager because of that feat.

Personally, I only dislike him because of what him, Trundle & Tate done after a cup game where they displayed a Welsh flag with the words 'f**k Off Cardiff' on... Such a pathetic thing to do. Putting that aside, he is ok as a manager. Nothing special and probably won't bring any success to Everton.

Mid Table - but anything over 17th would be excellent realistically.

8th-10th... decent squad but the uncertainty surrounding Baines and Fellaini so close to the transfer window, it's hard to see Everton really kicking forward until next season

Baines, Miralles and Coleman

Baines & Coleman and amazing full backs and would unsure Cardiff stay in the top league for many many years to come.
I have always rated Miralles since I seen a random Belgium game a few years back. I have been impressed with his game play for Everton too and Cardiff are also on the look out for a winger so he would do nicely.

Left back, Right wing & Centre Back

Fellaini... obvious arial threat and has a lethal shot too. Such a strong player physically and mentally and there really is no wonder why he is being linked to one of the best teams in the world.

2-1 Cardiff. The atmosphere will be bouncing at the ground again which could possibly lift Cardiff to another home win. I'm predicting Campbell and Caulker for Cardiff with Fellaini for Everton

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:56 pm

IT WAS AMAZING, PROBABLY THE BEST ATMOSPHERE AT THE NEW STADIUM. STILL PINCHING MYSELF

MOST FANS WOULD PREFER BLUE BUT TIME HAS CHANGED, I RATHER HAVE A CLUB THAN NONE, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I AM ONE OF THEM FANS WHO DON'T JUMP ON ANYONE BAND WAGON. BLUE OR RED WE ARE ALL CARDIFF CITY FANS

OH YES, THE MAN IS A GENIUS

HONESTLY....GAY PORTUGUESE WAITER WHO WILL GET A LOT OF STICK COME SATURDAY

14TH

8TH

BAINES, ONE OF THE BEST LEFT BACK IN THE LEAGUE, FELLAINI JUST BECAUSE OF HIS HAIR. BARKLEY GREAT UP AND COMING TALENT

WINGERS

FELLAINI IF HE TURNS UP LIKE HE DID LAST SEASON AGAINST MAN UTD.

1-1