Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' West Ham Utd v Cardiff City' Official Match Thread

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 pm

West Ham v Cardiff City

Who will start in Cardiff's first 11 ?

West Ham signings
Ins: Razvan Rat (Shakhtar Donetsk, free), Adrian (Real Betis, free), Andy Carroll (Liverpool, £15.5million), Danny Whitehead (Stockport, free)

Outs: Jake Larkins (Leyton Orient, free), Robert Hall (Bolton, compensation) Gary O'Neil, Jack Powell, Jami Rafati, Eoin Wearen, Carlton Cole (all released)

Possible West Ham side:- (They could have Stuart Downing in their team if he signs in time)

..............Jaaskelainen.......................
Demel....Collins...Reid..........Rat
...................Noble....................
Cole.....Nolan....Morrison.....Jarvis
...................Maiga....................

Possible City side:-

.....................Marshall.......................
Brayford......Caulker...Huson........John
............. Medel.....Gunnar..............
........Bellamy....Whitts.....Kimbo......
...................Campbell....................

Last 5 games against eachother:-
06 Feb 2005 West Ham United 1-0 Cardiff City League Championship
07 Aug 2011 West Ham United 0-1 Cardiff City League Championship
04 Mar 2012 Cardiff City 0-2 West Ham United League Championship
03 May 2012 Cardiff City 0-2 West Ham United League Championship: Play-Offs
07 May 2012 West Ham United 3-0 Cardiff City League Championship: Play-Offs

Fact
Two years ago West Ham hosted Cardiff on the opening day of the Championship season and were beaten 0-1.

Prediction
West Ham 1-2 City. (Campbell and Whitts) :ayatollah: :malky:

Re: West Ham Utd v Cardiff City: match thread

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:38 pm

There's no one in that West Ham team that particularly worries me. I think we can win this one, altough I'd take a draw.

3-1 to us I reckon. Caulker, Campbell and Kimbo scoring.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:42 pm

ianmackay88 wrote:There's no one in that West Ham team that particularly worries me. I think we can win this one, altough I'd take a draw.

3-1 to us I reckon. Caulker, Campbell and Kimbo scoring.

The only one that would worry me would be Downing. It seems he's set to sign for them and will be in the squad to face us.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Hes coming michu hes coming michu gary medel is coming for you! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 pm

paulh_85 wrote:in a rush to be the one who started this thread......? :? (its monday!) :lol:

No prize for 2nd place 85 :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Just a little bit of 2011/2012 magic to go with this thread. :D

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Ive got to be honest this post scared the shit out of me! I woke up late and looked at the forum and when I saw the title I though I had been in a coma! :o

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Super Kev wrote:West Ham v Cardiff City

West Ham signings
Ins: Razvan Rat (Shakhtar Donetsk, free), Adrian (Real Betis, free), Andy Carroll (Liverpool, £15.5million), Danny Whitehead (Stockport, free)

Outs: Jake Larkins (Leyton Orient, free), Robert Hall (Bolton, compensation) Gary O'Neil, Jack Powell, Jami Rafati, Eoin Wearen, Carlton Cole (all released)

Possible West Ham side:- (They could have Stuart Downing in their team if he signs in time)

..............Jaaskelainen.......................
Demel....Collins...Reid..........Rat
...................Noble....................
Cole.....Nolan....Morrison.....Jarvis
...................Maiga....................

Possible City side:-

.....................Marshall.......................
Brayford......Caulker...Huson........John
............. Medel.....Gunnar..............
........Bellamy....Whitts.....Kimbo......
...................Campbell....................

Last 5 games against eachother:-
06 Feb 2005 West Ham United 1-0 Cardiff City League Championship
07 Aug 2011 West Ham United 0-1 Cardiff City League Championship
04 Mar 2012 Cardiff City 0-2 West Ham United League Championship
03 May 2012 Cardiff City 0-2 West Ham United League Championship: Play-Offs
07 May 2012 West Ham United 3-0 Cardiff City League Championship: Play-Offs

Fact
Two years ago West Ham hosted Cardiff on the opening day of the Championship season and were beaten 0-1.

Prediction
West Ham 1-2 City. (Campbell and Whitts) :ayatollah: :malky:

Kimbo does not play on the wing. If Medel gets his permit in time either Whitts or Gunnar will be dropped end of, they can't all play. It's likely Tommy Swith will be on the right wing, if not then Noone but Malky seems to favour Smith away.

Re: ' West Ham Utd v Cardiff City' Official Match Thread

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:29 pm

whats happened to Conway?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm

T1JMO wrote:
Kimbo does not play on the wing. If Medel gets his permit in time either Whitts or Gunnar will be dropped end of, they can't all play. It's likely Tommy Swith will be on the right wing, if not then Noone but Malky seems to favour Smith away.

I haven't put him on the wing. I've put him just to the left of whitts as an atacking midfielder. I reckon that's how we'll play away from home.

They are about to sign Downing from Liverpool

Gavin wrote:They are about to sign Downing from Liverpool

Yeah just saw that on SSN. Good buy for them.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Downing is a great buy for them.

Pinched 2 from Liverpool now.

That game where Miller scored in the last minute was quite special! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Howard Webb appointed referee :malky:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:07 pm

CantonJack wrote:Howard Webb appointed referee :malky:

Brilliant referee. Happy with that. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Not worried about this West ham team 1 bit!Totally agree, I don't think Whitts or Kimbo should play on wing or even in same team, esp after watching them together on sat again, exposed in the middle came to mind, we couldn't get the ball for 30mins! Let Noon run at them on the wing and bring Kimbo inside instead, think both would cause them real issues! Hopefully Cornie will be fit too, C'mon City :malky:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Super Kev wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

I haven't put him on the wing. I've put him just to the left of whitts as an atacking midfielder. I reckon that's how we'll play away from home.

They won't all be playing in the same team, I expect Malky to start Smith.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 pm

1-1, i hope we get something out of this as we will get a spanking at home vs man city imo :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Have no idea what the starting 11 will be, but I fancy a 1-1 draw, Hudson to score :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I think it's too hard to call at the moment because we haven't got a clue how we're going to set up and who is going to start the game. I think Malky's selections in the last two pre-season games have been to keep West Ham guessing. I'm excited to see who Malky goes with and I think we have the quality to give West Ham a real good game, here's hoping we come away with some points. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Super Kev wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

So that means we will have nobody outside on the left?? :lol:

Anyway, when seeing West Ham squad, people should be worried about Rat, good defender, excellent free kick taker and his deliveries are fantastic.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:56 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Anyway, when seeing West Ham squad, people should be worried about Rat, good defender, excellent free kick taker and his deliveries are fantastic.

It means we will have a right sided attacking midfielder and a left sided one. Not a traditional "wide man". Not that hard to grasp, is it?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:59 pm

So basically like this:-

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Super Kev wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

It means we will have a right sided attacking midfielder and a left sided one. Not a traditional "wide man". Not that hard to grasp, is it?

May become a bit unbalanced, also Cardiff to play that will need to be able to keep the ball and pass short.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:31 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

May become a bit unbalanced, also Cardiff to play that will need to be able to keep the ball and pass short.

Hmm I agree. We'll have to wait and see what MM chooses. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Super Kev wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Hmm I agree. We'll have to wait and see what MM chooses. :ayatollah:

It's a nice problem to have, plenty of options for players and formations

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:08 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Downing is a great buy for them.

Pinched 2 from Liverpool now.

That game where Miller scored in the last minute was quite special! :ayatollah:

It was a great result for us, no doubt about it, but Miller had played like he had a club foot right up to the point he scored :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:30 pm

There's no particular stand out players at West Ham that worry me, but they are a very effective and efficient team at home.

It will be a tight physical game I'm sure, but I'm sure we stand a chance at nicking it.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:00 pm

T1JMO wrote:
Super Kev wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

They won't all be playing in the same team, I expect Malky to start Smith.

No disrespect but I hope I don't see tommy smith in any starting xi this yr... Has been dreadful since the injury!

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:11 pm

I reckon 2-0 to us with Kim and Campbell with the goals