Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bony is rubbish

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:17 am

[quotekenfig Blue"]Bony is a good goal scorer but will never set the world alight. Hes done what you would expect for the price. The problem you got is the rest of the team r shite :D[/quote]

Good point we were shit last season without bony.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:25 am

Takes a bit of getting used to but fact is that is what 13 million and 58k a week gets you these days. He is a natural goal scorer though, no way a drogba mind, he was quick and scored varied types of goals. Bony did look rubbish when he first came but he was unfit wasn't he? I shudder to think what a natural goalscorer like shearer or Kevin Phillips would be worth in today's market in there prime....

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:45 am

NJ73 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Not value for money yet but he's paid some of it back, lot of pressure on him for next season to perform but he got the potential to get 10 goals every season in the Prem.

:laughing6:

Don't get what your laughing at, gave a honest and fair assessment.

Ok, I'll break it down so even Lister can understand.....

He's already value for money as his goals have kept us in the league.

He's already scored more than 10 goals in his maiden season in the PL and is getting better as the season goes on.

Is there anything more you'd like him to have done?

Yeah. Not signed for you lot!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 am

He is not half the player drogba was in his prime, any1 who says different are deluded.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:29 am

Drogba. :laughing6:

Good player though.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:45 am

The comparison to Drogba at the same point in their careers is absolutely fair amd is always going to emerge due to him being Drogbas replacement for Ivory Coast.

Remarkably similar maiden Prem seasons too.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:The comparison to Drogba at the same point in their careers is absolutely fair amd is always going to emerge due to him being Drogbas replacement for Ivory Coast.

Probably one of best signings of season and compared with cornelius an absolute steal at 12 million.

Take him out of your team and you'd be in massive relegation trouble

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:The comparison to Drogba at the same point in their careers is absolutely fair amd is always going to emerge due to him being Drogbas replacement for Ivory Coast.

Probably one of best signings of season and compared with cornelius an absolute steal at 12 million.

Absolutely, but then we would have £13m to spend on another striker so im not sure it would be all that bad.

But yes, he has been vital this year.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Agree with this, bony is defo their best player, and so he should be for 14 mil and on 60 k a wk. the rest of the team are garbage tho, Williams is a donkey, Shelvey terrible, Ben Davies makes constant mistakes, michu is now shit, Chico say no more, Routledge and dyer :laughing6: amat, pozewho, ngog, emnes just point and laugh :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Agree with this, bony is defo their best player, and so he should be for 14 mil and on 60 k a wk. the rest of the team are garbage tho, Williams is a donkey, Shelvey terrible, Ben Davies makes constant mistakes, michu is now shit, Chico say no more, Routledge and dyer :laughing6: amat, pozewho, ngog, emnes just point and laugh :lol:

True, its not as if we finished 9th, 11th and won a major trophy without Bony :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

True, its not as if we finished 9th, 11th and won a major trophy without Bony :laughing6:

Yes they were decent but their all going down hill, forgot about you winning that cup, what's the name of it this season :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Of course :lol:

Not sure what has got into you in these last few days but you have gone from a decent poster to the worst one on here. You dont talk sense.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Of course :lol:

Not sure what has got into you in these last few days but you have gone from a decent poster to the worst one on here. You dont talk sense.

The relegation battle must be getting to me :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:Didier drogba :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5:

My new name for you is now Didier dribbler :thumbright:

He's scored more goals this season than Didier Drogba did in 6 of his 8 seasons at Chelsea.

Kenfig Blue wrote:Bony is a good goal scorer but will never set the world alight. Hes done what you would expect for the price. The problem you got is the rest of the team r shite :D

Not really, spending £12 million on a striker hardly guarantees 22 goals a season at this level.

Osvaldo, Soldado, Cornelius, Van Wolfswinkel, Mitroglou and Carroll all came in for big money this season and between them haven't matched Bony's goals.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:03 pm

SCFC wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:Didier drogba :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5:

My new name for you is now Didier dribbler :thumbright:

He's scored more goals this season than Didier Drogba did in 6 of his 8 seasons at Chelsea.

Kenfig Blue wrote:Bony is a good goal scorer but will never set the world alight. Hes done what you would expect for the price. The problem you got is the rest of the team r shite :D

Not really, spending £12 million on a striker hardly guarantees 22 goals a season at this level.

Osvaldo, Soldado, Cornelius, Van Wolfswinkel, Mitroglou and Carroll all came in for big money this season and between them haven't matched Bony's goals.

Were Chelsea playing in the Mickey Mouse Europa cup :laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:43 pm

The Capital of dullness. :lol:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:04 am

For what you paid you'd expect what he's done. Good striker though.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:42 am

Kenfig Blue wrote:Bony is a good goal scorer but will never set the world alight.....

I fear this statement may get bookmarked and come back to haunt after the World Cup like the early pages of this thread. Bony is class, it's just a shame he signed for them and not us.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:47 am

Super Kev wrote:For what you paid you'd expect what he's done. Good striker though.

Really? :shock:

There are far more experienced (to the english game) strikers that have gone for much more money and have done much worse. See Shevchenko, Carroll and Arshavin for details.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Bony has been absolutely outstanding. He'll also get better and better. It'll be so nice when your poorly run club are in the championship and we won't have to listen to Bbc Wales & the Western fail bigging up an extremely poor team. You go on about Bony but if it was not for Marshall, you'd have beaten Derby for a record low no of points.

Guaranteed you'll lose Marshall, Caulker, Mutch and Medel. Tan will desert you and you'll end up just like Pompey :laughing6:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Archietheartex wrote:Bony has been absolutely outstanding. He'll also get better and better. It'll be so nice when your poorly run club are in the championship and we won't have to listen to Bbc Wales & the Western fail bigging up an extremely poor team. You go on about Bony but if it was not for Marshall, you'd have beaten Derby for a record low no of points.

Guaranteed you'll lose Marshall, Caulker, Mutch and Medel. Tan will desert you and you'll end up just like Pompey :laughing6:

A lot more daft assumptions in here. :laughing6:

BBC Wales and Media Wales will still continue to talk about us, you know that, it's something the Jacks constantly moan about. :lol:

If you hadn't had Bony, you'd be down too... See how easy it is to make assumptions that you cannot back up? :thumbright:

You say ending up like Pompey as though it's a bad thing... I'd relish that & I'm sure Pompey fans are quite proud right now... I guess from your comments that you weren't there when you were in the fourth tier then? It wasn't so long ago.. Never forget your roots. :wave:

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:09 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Archietheartex wrote:Bony has been absolutely outstanding. He'll also get better and better. It'll be so nice when your poorly run club are in the championship and we won't have to listen to Bbc Wales & the Western fail bigging up an extremely poor team. You go on about Bony but if it was not for Marshall, you'd have beaten Derby for a record low no of points.

A lot more daft assumptions in here. :laughing6:

BBC Wales and Media Wales will still continue to talk about us, you know that, it's something the Jacks constantly moan about. :lol:

If you hadn't had Bony, you'd be down too... See how easy it is to make assumptions that you cannot back up? :thumbright:

You say ending up like Pompey as though it's a bad thing... I'd relish that & I'm sure Pompey fans are quite proud right now... I guess from your comments that you weren't there when you were in the fourth tier then? It wasn't so long ago.. Never forget your roots. :wave:

If we didnt have Bony we would have £13m to pay for another suitable striker. There is no way we were going to go the season without a first team striker.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 am

We would have stayed up without bony no question. Well have a look at how many points bony has won us.

There is on reason and one reason alone we are down there. And thats the worst gk in the league. If we had Marshall and you vorm there would be at least 20 odd points between us.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:03 am

jackf wrote:We would have stayed up without bony no question. Well have a look at how many points bony has won us.

There is on reason and one reason alone we are down there. And thats the worst gk in the league. If we had Marshall and you vorm there would be at least 20 odd points between us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: how times change. Not long ago you lot were saying how Dave the save wouldn't get in ahead of Vorm. :D

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
jackf wrote:We would have stayed up without bony no question. Well have a look at how many points bony has won us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: how times change. Not long ago you lot were saying how Dave the save wouldn't get in ahead of Vorm. :D

Yep how times change. Ask any man u fan or liverpool fan. That's football. Vorm was in his first seen as good as Marshall has been this season. Then his injuries started and his form suffered. He has had a shocker this season and its the first area we need to address in the summer. We dominate games and lose by the odd goal after a vorm gaff.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:10 am

I think we would have gone down without Bony, we would either have Vasquez up front or a midfielder. With the exertions of our 60 game season and the forced rotation that brings then I think we would have struggled.

However apart from the top 8 of you take any sides strike force away they will be in danger of relegation. There was nonrisk what so ever of us not bringing inna striker so if wendidnt have bony we would have had someone else equally fitting of the shirt.

Which sort of makes it a non topic IMO.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am

jackf wrote: Yep how times change. Ask any man u fan or liverpool fan. That's football. Vorm was in his first seen as good as Marshall has been this season. Then his injuries started and his form suffered. He has had a shocker this season and its the first area we need to address in the summer. We dominate games and lose by the odd goal after a vorm gaff.

Cant argue with that, the decline in Vorm has been startling.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

I think we would have gone down without Bony, we would either have Vasquez up front or a midfielder. With the exertions of our 60 game season and the forced rotation that brings then I think we would have struggled.

However apart from the top 8 of you take any sides strike force away they will be in danger of relegation. There was nonrisk what so ever of us not bringing inna striker so if wendidnt have bony we would have had someone else equally fitting of the shirt.

Pretty sure that was bonys first winning goal on Saturday. Same as Kenwyn jones. I know its not as simple as that but to say bony has kept us up is also too simple.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 am

So it's too simple to say that Without Bony you'd be down, yet it's not to say without Marshall we would be down...

Oh the hypocrisy... :lol:

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am

jackf wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

Pretty sure that was bonys first winning goal on Saturday. Same as Kenwyn jones. I know its not as simple as that but to say bony has kept us up is also too simple.

I think he has scored or assisted 30 odd % of our total goals, he is a beast.

But as i said, without him we would have someone else with the £13m we woukd have to spend.