Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bony is rubbish

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Great thread. :lol:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:You might want to get a refund on him. Give me Odemwingie any day of the week over him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Stringer Bell wrote:
Super Kev wrote:Yes, he's shite. :oops:

They're playing Malmo. Even one of Rudy's energy drinks could score against them. Judge the player for what he is and his positioning will be nothing in the PL. He'll be found out in the PL against true quality opposition.

Stringer Bell wrote:
G3vans wrote:Anyone who says we'll finish above the jacks this season is either completely delusional or just a WUM.

We'll finish below them but it wont be because of Bony, it'll be because of Michu.

Stringer Bell wrote:Im fine, just airing my views like anyone else is allowed. Im backing mine up though solidly. Rudy scored 2 vs Forest. Will be interesting this season to see their goals to minutes played ratios. I bet Rudy does better even if its off the bench mostly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BiggyG wrote:Is Bony the next Shecter that is the question

Syntax Design wrote:You were saying......?

I was the Stringer Bell account by the way. Like I said, against a decent defence in the Premier League he is useless and he can't even get in your team now. £13m down the drain, unless of course the EU grant you the privilege of playing Malmo every week.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

JB39. wrote:He's still rubbish. Over half way through the season and hasn't even hit double figures.

JB39. wrote:What a joke of a club. He's crap.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:26 pm

I don't think I have ever doubted his quality but feel free to pull out a quote of mine to say the opposite of that and I will retract that statement. I knew he was a good player from the way people had spoken about him from his time in Holland.

HOWEVER, he did look pretty poor for the first three months of the season (league) and a lot of Jacks were saying why the hell did we sign this guy. He's now started to score some crucial goals, one to watch next season for sure. An absolute brute of a forward.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I don't think I have ever doubted his quality but feel free to pull out a quote of mine to say the opposite of that and I will retract that statement. I knew he was a good player from the way people had spoken about him from his time in Holland.

HOWEVER, he did look pretty poor for the first three months of the season (league) and a lot of Jacks were saying why the hell did we sign this guy. He's now started to score some crucial goals, one to watch next season for sure. An absolute brute of a forward.

The majority of people were sensible, but there a few idiots as quoted above. There were also plenty of jacks doubting him, who were equally idiotic.

The majority of us stuck by him, as it was obvious he did have quality. We didn't play to his strengths for the first few months, and Laudrup didn't seem to want to play him in the league which didn't help early on but I was always confident in his ability to get goals.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm

He had no pre-season,wasn't 100% fit and thrown into the best league in the world.That's it in a nutshell.The guy is world class and as good as Mark Hughes who he is very similar too and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and touching a prime Didier Drogba.

12m was a steal when you consider his goals will keep us in the league.And most of his goals have come against top 8 sides.Can you imagine his sell on value especially if he has a good World cup.30m plus i'd say.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:20 pm

6 bysedd wrote:He had no pre-season,wasn't 100% fit and thrown into the best league in the world.That's it in a nutshell.The guy is world class and as good as Mark Hughes who he is very similar too and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and touching a prime Didier Drogba.

12m was a steal when you consider his goals will keep us in the league.And most of his goals have come against top 8 sides.Can you imagine his sell on value especially if he has a good World cup.30m plus i'd say.

Didier drogba :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5:

My new name for you is now Didier dribbler :thumbright:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:He had no pre-season,wasn't 100% fit and thrown into the best league in the world.That's it in a nutshell.The guy is world class and as good as Mark Hughes who he is very similar too and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and touching a prime Didier Drogba.

Didier drogba :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5: :lol: :laughing5:

My new name for you is now Didier dribbler :thumbright:

Still smarting over making a complete orangutang over yourself earlier i see :laughing6: You do realise he's rotating with Drogba in the Ivory Coast team don't you?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:31 pm

World class is taking it too far, as is comparing him to Drogba in his prime.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

World class is taking it too far, as is comparing him to Drogba in his prime.

Look who's he's ahead of this season in the goal scoring charts and in a struggling team.Plus he's still a youngster.I see him every game and when on form is unplayable.You have to be some player to keep Drogba out of the national team.I really believe he's on the verge of world class even at little old Swansea.Goals against Man utd ,Liverpool,Arsenal and still you doubt his credentials.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Rivalries aside let's be honest we would love him playing for us and if we had bought him we would probably be playing in the premiership next year and the jacks in the championship,
Credit where it's due the guy is quality and anyone who can not see it does not know much about football or just bitter because he's a jack

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:03 pm

londonexile wrote:Rivalries aside let's be honest we would love him playing for us and if we had bought him we would probably be playing in the premiership next year and the jacks in the championship,
Credit where it's due the guy is quality and anyone who can not see it does not know much about football or just bitter because he's a jack

How refreshing and bereft of any bitterness like the last 2 posters especially that rockape kenfig. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:24 pm

That penalty and the coolness and pressure on it was world class in itself.You were all watching it so don't deny it. ;)

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:38 pm

if cardiff had bony we would be out of relegation by now . we spent 8 million on cornileus ( worth 8 quid ) :oops:

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:41 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
londonexile wrote:Rivalries aside let's be honest we would love him playing for us and if we had bought him we would probably be playing in the premiership next year and the jacks in the championship,

How refreshing and bereft of any bitterness like the last 2 posters especially that rockape kenfig. :thumbup:

Bitterness? Come on now, I said he was a quality player. I just think it's a tad premature to be labeling him world-class and as good as Drogba in his prime.

You should know by now that I am very fair and say it how I see it.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:

Bitterness? Come on now, I said he was a quality player. I just think it's a tad premature to be labeling him world-class and as good as Drogba in his prime.

You should know by now that I am very fair and say it how I see it.

The bitterness was aimed at the other fella more than you which i did state to be fair.The facts are there though '48'.He's keeping Drogba, albeit an ageing one, out of the Ivory Coast team.He's still early 20's and can you imagine him in a side with wingers that can cross a ball.I still believe he's on the verge of being a world class centre forward.Look at Soldado at Spurs.He was the best striker in Spain before arriving at Spurs and he's flopped massively.Bony is getting better and better as the season progresses.34 goals last season in the Eredivisie and 22 goals in all competitions in his first season in England.If that's not potentially world class then I don't know what is.Would you say Aguero and Rooney were world class?And both playing for world class teams.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:06 pm

To be fair you didn't say potentially world class, you missed out the potentially bit. I would agree with that. Earlier this week Sam Allardyce said that Andy Caroll was the best header of the ball in the league, obviously he hasn't seen Bony. His goal today and at Arsenal were classic smash and grabs. If you can keep hold of him for one more season we will see if he's an Andy Caroll or a Didier Drogba.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:To be fair you didn't say potentially world class, you missed out the potentially bit. I would agree with that. Earlier this week Sam Allardyce said that Andy Caroll was the best header of the ball in the league, obviously he hasn't seen Bony. His goal today and at Arsenal were classic smash and grabs. If you can keep hold of him for one more season we will see if he's an Andy Caroll or a Didier Drogba.

You're right i did say world class and changed it to 'potentially'.I've never been one to admit my wrongdoings on here and won't start now.But I still think he's potentially world class and twice the player Andy Carroll is just because how young he is and what he's done in his first season in the most difficult league in the world.If you can score goals in abundance in the PL then you're world class in my book.How else would you describe world class asides from scoring regulary in the PL or La Liga.We'll see how good he is at the World Cup now.I may be proved wrong but like I say having seen him in every game since he's joined i honestly believe he's something special.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:19 am

I dont think the comparison to Drogba is at all bad.

Obviously the fact he is his direct rival for Ivory Coast and has been keeping him out for a number of years.

Both came to the Prem at the same age 24/25.

Drogba was in a top 4 side and scored 16 goals in all competitions in his first season, Bony could well finish close to 30 goals in his maiden season.

Currently his value must be insane, especially as he has scored against the likes of Man United (three times) , Man City (twice), Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Valencia.

If he was in a top 4 side it would be frightening.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 am

FairPlay to him.

Coming to the Premier League being the main man for goals, his ability was questionnable for me that can he get ENOUGH goals.. he has done that and full credit to him.

I know we haven't performed to a high standard but Swansea ain't exactly full of creativity and the fact he has hit 20 is very good.

Not value for money yet but he's paid some of it back, lot of pressure on him for next season to perform but he got the potential to get 10 goals every season in the Prem.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Not value for money yet but he's paid some of it back, lot of pressure on him for next season to perform but he got the potential to get 10 goals every season in the Prem.

:laughing6:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 am

DandoCCFC wrote:FairPlay to him.

Coming to the Premier League being the main man for goals, his ability was questionnable for me that can he get ENOUGH goals.. he has done that and full credit to him.

I know we haven't performed to a high standard but Swansea ain't exactly full of creativity and the fact he has hit 20 is very good.

Im sure Huw will argue with you about "not value for money yet" when he shows you another £90 million droppping into the Swansea coffers as a result of keeping our Premier League status - his goals have been invaluable for that in what has been a very testing season with the extra games.

If we had an ability to look 12 months into the future, then at the time of purchase i can imagine we would have paid more than £13m for him if we had to.
Last edited by Roath_Magic_ on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:39 am

NJ73 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Don't get what your laughing at, gave a honest and fair assessment.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:46 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Ok, I'll break it down so even Lister can understand.....

He's already value for money as his goals have kept us in the league.

He's already scored more than 10 goals in his maiden season in the PL and is getting better as the season goes on.

Is there anything more you'd like him to have done?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:56 am

NJ73 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Ok, I'll break it down so even Lister can understand.....

He's already value for money as his goals have kept us in the league.

He's already scored more than 10 goals in his maiden season in the PL and is getting better as the season goes on.

Is there anything more you'd like him to have done?

So you wanted him for one season?

There is more, to do it every season from next season and how long he stays with you.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:56 am

As a business decision -

If Jenkins had the chance to sell the goals and points Bony has earned us this season alone, can you imagine what Mr Tan would pay for it?

And that is just one season of four we have signed him for. Although I assume he will be gone next season of he has a similar season again for £25m+

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:As a business decision -

If Jenkins had the chance to sell the goals and points Bony has earned us this season alone, can you imagine what Mr Tan would pay for it?

And that is just one season of four we have signed him for. Although I assume he will be gone next season of he has a similar season again for £25m+

As a business perspective then you stumped me.

As a supporter though you got to expect the same or more next season if he is with you.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:15 am

I bet Norwich wish they'd just bought Bony instead of signing those 3 forwards who don;t score goals for a higher price and wages.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:50 am

DandoCCFC wrote:

As a supporter though you got to expect the same or more next season if he is with you.

I expect a similar season from him next season.

Although this season alone has paid for himself 5 times over regardless.

The fact we will make a heffty profit just makes it feel wrong :D

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

I expect a similar season from him next season.

Although this season alone has paid for himself 5 times over regardless.

The fact we will make a heffty profit just makes it feel wrong :D

You can always sell him to us for a tenner if it makes you feel better :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:19 am

Bony is a good goal scorer but will never set the world alight. Hes done what you would expect for the price. The problem you got is the rest of the team r shite :D