A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VT gives Cardiff family holiday of a lifetime

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 pm

So cringey watching people clutching at straws on VT. :lol:

Re: VT gives Cardiff family holiday of a lifetime

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:26 am

Jes wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:if the story is genuine, it is a nice gesture, no doubt... but why does it make the papers? why get photos done and publish them?

remember the Tsunami in South-East Asia? do you know who gave the largest single amount of money (80 million Euros) for the Tsunami Aid?

You dont? Well cos it wasnt published at the time, but it leaked out a year after...

it was Michael Schumacher, and he didnt want it to be leaked and published. But when asked about it in an interview he said: "I did this for charity, to actually help people, not to appear in the media as the good guy..."

I know this for a fact, cos my cousin used to work as the assistant to Schumacher's manager at the time.

Maybe it was the family that went to the papers about it and not Tan :?

There's me saying i'm not sceptical and i reply to this lol.
I actually heard and don't know if it's true that many people, especially celebities give donations like this with a long term plan for it to come out (Leak) at a later date. I'm sure if i really didn't want anyone to know i donatede to charity then i could easily do that.

There are always two sides and i'm sure if i was a Schumaker fan i would believe his story but if i detested the guy I would say it was a planeed leak.
I'm actually impaertial but see it a a nice gesture wether it was planned or not.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wasn't a Schumi-Fan at all (couldn't care less bout F1), just happened that my cousin used to work for his management.

And the press in Germany speculated who this anonymous person was, some suspected Schumacher behind this, but he didnt confirm or comment.

A year later it leaked out (from a private source), that Schumacher lost a friend and his family in the Tsunami, also a member of his pitcrew. After being asked again, Schumacher admitted it was him, but at the same time he demanded from the press, to respect his friend's and his own privacy, where he stated that he did it for charity and not PR. And that he wouldn't answer any more questions related to the Tsunami or the donation.

No need for positive PR, as about 95% of Germany adored him already...