Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VT gives Cardiff family holiday of a lifetime

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:25 am

Gavin wrote:In Tan's very public opinion he doesn't need a quick PR stunt, he says he already has 95% of fans onboard, and has written off the other 5% as ungrateful.

Now im not saying thats right or wrong, im just saying VT isn't the kind of man who wants to please everyone.

In this story he has probably embraced the fact that he has seen some city shirts in his native country, which is exactly what he was after, and used his vast wealth to reward them.

There's no conspiracy here lads

Bang on the money again Gav! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 am

Gavin wrote:In Tan's very public opinion he doesn't need a quick PR stunt, he says he already has 95% of fans onboard, and has written off the other 5% as ungrateful.

Now im not saying thats right or wrong, im just saying VT isn't the kind of man who wants to please everyone.

In this story he has probably embraced the fact that he has seen some city shirts in his native country, which is exactly what he was after, and used his vast wealth to reward them.

I'm just checking the veracity of a media story before judging, i don't see how that makes me deluded.

If Vincent Tan genuinely believed he had 95 percent of fans onboard, he would allow fans to vote on thier own clubs strip. He says 95 percent because it's a lot nicer than admitting 95 percent want blue if given a free choice. So you could say he's engaging in PR by saying only 5 percent aren't on board.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:31 am

Real_Blue_Really wrote:

I'm just checking the veracity of a media story before judging, i don't see how that makes me deluded.

If Vincent Tan genuinely believed he had 95 percent of fans onboard, he would allow fans to vote on thier own clubs strip. He says 95 percent because it's a lot nicer than admitting 95 percent want blue if given a free choice. So you could say he's engaging in PR by saying only 5 percent aren't on board.

Do you verify everything you read or only stories that don't fit into your agenda?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 am

AberdareCCFC1966 wrote:People always look for a negative in a story, this is just a family sharing there experience with others.

Well done Mr Tan, Top Bloke

Those who criticise this are just jealous wankers

:sleepy2:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 am

Gavin wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

Do you verify everything you read or only stories that don't fit into your agenda?

I'd be sacked on the spot if i didn't verify a media story before espousing a view on the topic. I'd say most people are in the same boat as me.

Tan has a PR issue regarding CCFC, Tan is more than familiar with PR. Why wouldn't you ask questions?

Here is question for you and anybody else. ......I was recently in a third world country and dropped 40 quid on the floor while walking away from a fruit juice stall, 30 seconds down the road i recieve a tap on the shoulder from a down-and-out-native, toothless and bedraggled with a haggard face betraying his 35 years of life due in part to hardship and poverty. This man chased me down in order to reaquint me with my lost money. Did he do a far greater deed than Tan?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:59 am

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
Gavin wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

I'd be sacked on the spot if i didn't verify a media story before espousing a view on the topic. I'd say most people are in the same boat as me.

Tan has a PR issue regarding CCFC, Tan is more than familiar with PR. Why wouldn't you ask questions?

Here is question for you and anybody else. ......I was recently in a third world country and dropped 40 quid on the floor while walking away from a fruit juice stall, 30 seconds down the road i recieve a tap on the shoulder from a down-and-out-native, toothless and bedraggled with a haggard face betraying his 35 years of life due in part to hardship and poverty. This man chased me down in order to reaquint me with my lost money. Did he do a far greater deed than Tan?

The bloke in your example would have done the greater deed, if such a story ever emerges that's somehow related to CCFC, ill be sure to sticky it.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
AberdareCCFC1966 wrote:People always look for a negative in a story, this is just a family sharing there experience with others.

Well done Mr Tan, Top Bloke

Those who criticise this are just jealous wankers

:sleepy2:

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:22 am

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
Gavin wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

Lovely story that,I was waiting for the part where you gave him your lose change for being such a good little peasant.Why don't you just admit you wouldn't give Tan the skin off your shit if he cured you of aids but would give him a blowjob if he changed the teams colour back to blue. :laughing6:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:
Gavin wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

Lovely story that,I was waiting for the part where you gave him your lose change for being such a good little peasant.Why don't you just admit you wouldn't give Tan the skin off your shit if he cured you of aids but would give him a blowjob if he changed the teams colour back to blue. :laughing6:

Now you've told everyone i have aids i'm going to bum you. :wave:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm a lurker on here and just thought I'd say this is definately NOT an arranged PR stunt (as much as some people seem to want to believe that). The family are friends and it happened the way the Echo reported it.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Looks like a very nice gesture to me. Well done Mr Tan! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Tan a publicity stunt

Kids wearing red shirts as well :roll:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:29 pm

I wonder if Tan would have done the same if the kids were wearing blue shirts? Probably not, he probably would have kicked them out of the hotel altogether for being "disruptive, ungrateful customers". This stunt smacks of Tan's desperation to sell more red shirts as they aren't currently selling well. Perhaps someone has also had a word with Tan to do something to show he does care for the fans (as long as they are wearing a red shirt) after all? Sorry Tan, but your money to "sweeten" our fans and your false PR stunts don't fool me!

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:55 pm

maccps wrote:I'm a lurker on here and just thought I'd say this is definately NOT an arranged PR stunt (as much as some people seem to want to believe that). The family are friends and it happened the way the Echo reported it.

Another ITK lurker with no post history :roll:

Do you honestly think the husband would tell you if it was a publicity stunt? I wouldn't even tell my wife incase she blew it.

I've just seen The photo of VT with the kids in red shirts such abig give away, Infact it's such a bizare act of PR, I'd put it on a par with some of the PR stunts Saddam Hussain Et Al used to pull. And again it's not Tan i'm disapointed with as we all know his ilk. Another piece of my blue heart punctures with the naivity of my fellow city fans. We're becomming a bigger joke as each year goes by. :roll:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 pm

What a lovely and generous man. Malaysian people are really up on family values and traditionalist. I had a friend from university who was Malaysian and one of the nicest and most genuine people you could know. This doesn't surprise me at all.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:We're becomming a bigger joke as each year goes by. :roll:

If we're such a joke then why don't you go and support a club that suits you and has fans that you don't think are a joke aye?

Tan, our owner, has done something nice and generous for a Cardiff based family on their travels out of the kindness of his heart and probably to get to know Cardiffian people better and feel involved and you still get people using it to try and have a stab at him and twist it as if he is the next coming of Stalin.

At least he's trying to get involved and make an effort and has put more into the club than most. You're entitled to your opinion of wanting to return to blue but a line has to be drawn surely when you use something like this to promote your agenda? Its a lovely story and if your family were on the receiving end of such gratitude you'd be loving it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:What a lovely and generous man. Malaysian people are really up on family values and traditionalist. I had a friend from university who was Malaysian and one of the nicest and most genuine people you could know. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Nobody is saying the average Malaysian is a bad person, However the average malaysian person is a million miles away from the sociopathic manipulaters that make up that countries ruling elite, If Tans lawyers are watching, I'm not saying Tan is one ofcourse :D . But Nothing surprises me at all with this guy after his comments and general disdain he has for the heritage of us ickle welsh people.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:We're becomming a bigger joke as each year goes by. :roll:

If we're such a joke then why don't you go and support a club that suits you and has fans that you don't think are a joke aye?

Tan, our owner, has done something nice and generous for a Cardiff based family on their travels out of the kindness of his heart and probably to get to know Cardiffian people better and feel involved and you still get people using it to try and have a stab at him and twist it as if he is the next coming of Stalin.

At least he's trying to get involved and make an effort and has put more into the club than most. You're entitled to your opinion of wanting to return to blue but a line has to be drawn surely when you use something like this to promote your agenda? Its a lovely story and if your family were on the receiving end of such gratitude you'd be loving it.

Tan has done this and that. Have you asked yourself any of the questions: How was this story leaked to the press? ;How long did it take to leak? (was it unnaturally speedy?) Who is the 'lucky' tourist? Does he have any links with the hierachy at CCFC? Until i have answers to these questions i wouldn't believe a word of it and niether would anyone with an ounce of common sense, irrespective of views on the rebrand of CCFC.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:
Gavin wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

My vote for 'best laugh of the day' award - I salute you sir :notworthy:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

I thought it was pretty childish. basicly he accussed me of having aids and sucking off billionaire football owners. :?

Probably a sensible & respectable chap in reallife, Isn't the internet a strange thing. :D

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:Malaysian people are really up on family values and traditionalist.

that's a joke, right? IF Tan was a 'traditionalist' he wouldnt have done what he did...

I dont rubbish Tan for that story, looks like a nice gesture to me, but it COULD be misiterpreted as buying cheap popularity.

But even if he would save the world, adopt 10.000 children or free North-Corea...thats got NOTHING to do with Tan taking our identity...

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Hofmeister wrote:that's a joke, right? IF Tan was a 'traditionalist' he wouldnt have done what he did...

I was on about Malaysian/Asian tradition. Sorry should have clarified that. Thats why I cant see Tan going back on his decision. Tan's sticking to his ways and traditions and believes he has a right to impose them for all that he has given us in return. We want our traditions so there is obviously a clash there but hes the one with the money and the one who's decisions matter.

I dont believe Tan is a horrible evil dictator people make out but more wants to spread the word of Malaysia for his people, make profit and try and keep the majority (not all) happy in all quarters. I think hes happy to upset a sect of the local fan base here in Wales if it means making many back home in Malaysia happy.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:that's a joke, right? IF Tan was a 'traditionalist' he wouldnt have done what he did...

I was on about Malaysian/Asian tradition. Sorry should have clarified that. Thats why I cant see Tan going back on his decision. Tan's sticking to his ways and traditions and believes he has a right to impose them for all that he has given us in return. We want our traditions so there is obviously a clash there but hes the one with the money and the one who's decisions matter.

I dont believe Tan is a horrible evil dictator people make out but more wants to spread the word of Malaysia for his people, make profit and try and keep the majority (not all) happy in all quarters. I think hes happy to upset a sect of the local fan base here in Wales if it means making many back home in Malaysia happy.

What is Malaysian tradition?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
maccps wrote:I'm a lurker on here and just thought I'd say this is definately NOT an arranged PR stunt (as much as some people seem to want to believe that). The family are friends and it happened the way the Echo reported it.

Do you honestly think the husband would tell you if it was a publicity stunt? I wouldn't even tell my wife incase she blew it.

I've just seen The photo of VT with the kids in red shirts such abig give away, Infact it's such a bizare act of PR, I'd put it on a par with some of the PR stunts Saddam Hussain Et Al used to pull. And again it's not Tan i'm disapointed with as we all know his ilk. Another piece of my blue heart punctures with the naivity of my fellow city fans. We're becomming a bigger joke as each year goes by. :roll:

No, you're right mate. I actually work secretly for Tan to infiltrate internet forums and spread propaganda.

No post history because I haven't been able to bring myself to actually register and contribute to endless threads full of bickering by utter morons. I just want to see a bit of Cardiff City news.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 pm

I don't consider myself a sceptical person and try to consider all oppinions and I make my own mind up always on the facts.
If this is a PR stunt what does Tan gain from it?
1. Showing the world or whoever wants to listen that he has a good heart?
2. Showing theworld or whoever wants to listen that he is prepared to take time out to show Cardiff City kids thaT he's impressed with their choice of team?
3. Just getting tabloid inches to boost his frofile and his empire empire?
4. He just can not stay out of the limelight when an opportunity is there?

If any of the above are true......So what? I don't see anything terrible with any of those things.

If this is not a PR stunt?
A lucky family in the right place at the right time were treated to our chairmans hospitality.

If the above is true......So what?....he's a nice guy.

Am I missing something because whether this is a PR stunt or not.....I can't se why people would be upset by this.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:05 pm

maccps wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

No, you're right mate. I actually work secretly for Tan to infiltrate internet forums and spread propaganda.

No post history because I haven't been able to bring myself to actually register and contribute to endless threads full of bickering by utter morons. I just want to see a bit of Cardiff City news.

Straight into bickering moron mode, bit strange considering your supposed reasons for abstaining. Another JB incarnation ,come on mods :roll:

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote: What is Malaysian tradition?

Im putting you on ignore. All you've done in 2 other threads is attempt to cause arguments, belittle and abuse people. Consider this conversation terminated.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:I thought it was pretty childish. basicly he accussed me of having aids and sucking off billionaire football owners. :

Probably a sensible & respectable chap in reallife, Isn't the internet a strange thing. :D

Hang on a minute butty,for someone who would" be sacked on the spot if i didn't verify a media story before espousing a view on the topic." you're a tad touchy.And where exactly did I accuse you of having aids.If you really want it plainer then here goes:

I believe your little heartrending story to be bollocks and more than a bit patronising to try to give weight to your argument.

Your argument being that Tan cannot really be a genuine good guy when he ripped out your bleeding heart for changing the colour to red.

"Probably a sensible & respectable chap in reallife" Yup your right but I'm having a day off today :wave: :wave: :wave:

Be happy

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:
maccps wrote:
Real_Blue_Really wrote:

Straight into bickering moron mode, bit strange considering your supposed reasons for abstaining. Another JB incarnation ,come on mods :roll:

Don't know who JB is mate. Make of the Echo story what you will but it is definitely genuine.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Jes wrote:I don't consider myself a sceptical person and try to consider all oppinions and I make my own mind up always on the facts.
If this is a PR stunt what does Tan gain from it?
1. Showing the world or whoever wants to listen that he has a good heart?
2. Showing theworld or whoever wants to listen that he is prepared to take time out to show Cardiff City kids thaT he's impressed with their choice of team?
3. Just getting tabloid inches to boost his frofile and his empire empire?
4. He just can not stay out of the limelight when an opportunity is there?

If any of the above are true......So what? I don't see anything terrible with any of those things.

If this is not a PR stunt?
A lucky family in the right place at the right time were treated to our chairmans hospitality.

If the above is true......So what?....he's a nice guy.

Am I missing something because whether this is a PR stunt or not.....I can't se why people would be upset by this.

:lol:
If it is a PR stunt then he is using money and influence to manipulate reality in order to legitamise a destruction of our identity. It would be a further abuse of power and quite frankly further insult to our intelligence and dignity as Cardiff Fans. Do some of you have ANY limits to what you'll accept in exchange for a few seasons on match of day? Some of the sychofantic behaviour towards the super rich on here is bewildering. It's like the olden days welsh peasant stock would go hungry for the royal family to eat roast hog off their estate. Absolutely bizare.