Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Southampton Fans Express Outrage at New Home and Away Shirts

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Be very interesting to see how Southampton fans react to their tiny rebrand, as we did nothing to a massive rebrand of our club,theyve just had their stripes taken from them.

Southampton Fans Express Outrage at New Official Home and Away Shirts
June 28, 2013 by Josh Harris

The Saints fans have already started social network campaigns against the new shirt, with tweets directed at the football club reading “#SaveOurStripes”.

Southampton supporters will have little to smile about today as their new home and away kits were released for the 2013-14 season.

The Premier League club, who finished 14th last season, have teamed-up with the famous sports manufacturer adidas, who are sponsors of many kits in English football.
Leaked pictures of the new home and away shirts were discovered on sites days before the official release by the club, with Southampton fans expressing their embarrassment and hopefulness that the leaks were fakes. Although it turned out to be the genuine 2013-14 shirts.
The Saints fans were disappointed last season when the club revealed a new strip (designed by Umbro), which failed to include any of the club’s traditional stripes, a feature that has been apparent in most of their kits throughout the Saints’ history.
Not only have the club released a kit without the traditional stripes again, but they have also raised the prices from last year’s strip. Shirt prices ahead of the 2013-14 campaign have risen to £50, compared to last season’s reasonable £32.

The Southampton players will have to wear non-striped shirts for another season as supporters question the chairman’s respect to the club’s tradition.

Nicola Cortese, the club’s controversial chairman, revealed season ticket holders would receive a 10% discount on the home/away shirt, this was a deal the supporters were happy with – until they realized how expensive the shirts were.
Despite scrapping the stripes, it was revealed last November that Southampton’s 2012-13 kit was the fastest selling ever for the club.

More outrage was expressed when the Southampton fans noticed other football league kits looked almost identical to the new strip. Bristol City’s new 2013-14 home shirt is shown to use the same Adidas template as the Saints’ newly released outfit.

The Saints fans have already started social network campaigns against the new shirt, with tweets directed at the football club reading “#SaveOurStripes”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Southampton Fans Express Outrage at New Home and Away Sh

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:22 pm

A lot of teams wearing near identical kits.kits are getting a bit of a joke.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Southampton fans need to get over themselves.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Lol see, our strip isnt so bad after all

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Can't see anyone calling for the formation of 'FC Southampton' to play in the non-league in their TRUE colours.............

:D :laughing6:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:35 pm

nice colour though

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Damn them Southampton fans whose club were in administration a few years ago and are now a PL team with a great manager and a lot of money to spend. Don't know how lucky they are

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Gonzo wrote:Can't see anyone calling for the formation of 'FC Southampton' to play in the non-league in their TRUE colours.............

:D :laughing6:

yet.....a fairly successful campaign last time out might have took the sting out of last seasons mini rebrand.wonder how it,ll go this season?.if it goes bozzeyed i reckon the natives may get a bit more agitated.bit like what may happen at the ccs if you struggle badly.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Don't see the problem their tradition colors are red and white...

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:Don't see the problem their tradition colors are red and white...

It's nothing to do with the colours though

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:04 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:Don't see the problem their tradition colors are red and white...

Or their badge, Mr Rebrand ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Now watch him come back with "Mr Red")

Highly original...not! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:09 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

Don't tell me your backing up Southampton?

That is the most petty thing ever.

They have their red and white there, they still mixed it.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Or their badge, Mr Rebrand ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Now watch him come back with "Mr Red")

Highly original...not! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a break Sven :thumbup:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:14 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

I'm backing up their fans yes!

I'd be pissed off if I was a Southampton fan as well. Stripes are a huge part of their identity, just like hoops are with Celtic, Reading and QPR.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:15 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

I'd be pissed off if I was a Southampton fan as well. Stripes are a huge part of their identity, just like hoops are with Celtic, Reading and QPR.

They've changed it for one season? It is a nice kit also.

Jesus christ it is petty, yes it is part of their identity but the colours are there and still mixed them.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Jesus christ it is petty, yes it is part of their identity but the colours are there and still mixed them.

It's hardly petty. :?

Last season's kit was bad enough when they made the stripes almost non-existent, now they've removed them completely. I agree it's a nice kit, but they've removed a big part of their identity. Forgetting our rebrand for now, I'd be just as pissed off as they are if they added stripes to our blue home kit, it just wouldn't be Cardiff. I've had a look at their forum and they're outraged, and I don't blame them.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:22 pm

I dont know whats more annoying, Jon's inability to be logical and intellectual or Southamptons idiocy. Close one.

:old:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Malky Is My God wrote:I dont know whats more annoying, Jon's inability to be logical and intellectual or Southamptons idiocy. Close one.

Ignorant as always

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:25 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

It's hardly petty. :?

Last season's kit was bad enough when they made the stripes almost non-existent, now they've removed them completely. I agree it's a nice kit, but they've removed a big part of their identity. Forgetting our rebrand for now, I'd be just as pissed off as they are if they added stripes to our blue home kit, it just wouldn't be Cardiff. I've had a look at their forum and they're outraged, and I don't blame them.

Of course its petty it is not even a dramatic change.

I would be pissed off, it is pathetic and childish.

They still got the white there and they have mixed up the kit, literally making a fuss over nothing.

I think people need to grow up.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:30 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Of course its petty it is not even a dramatic change.

They still got the white there and they have mixed up the kit, literally making a fuss over nothing.

It's a big part of their idenity, there's no hiding that, it's nothing to do with the colours.

Imagine Man United with stripes, or Chelsea with stripes, or Celtic without hoops...

It just wouldn't be right. To say that it's petty is ignorant.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:37 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Malky Is My God wrote:I dont know whats more annoying, Jon's inability to be logical and intellectual or Southamptons idiocy. Close one.

Ignorant as always

Im not ignorant. I just put what you say instantly in the BS folder to stop what you type brain damaging me. Image

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Malky Is My God wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Ignorant as always

Im not ignorant. I just put what you say instantly in the BS folder to stop what you type brain damaging me. Image

Yes, you are ignorant. Put me on ignore so you can be even more ignorant and I can stop "brain damaging" you with my knowledge. :thumbup:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:41 pm

That looks like something a chav would buy from Primark.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:44 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

It's a big part of their idenity, there's no hiding that, it's nothing to do with the colours.

Imagine Man United with stripes, or Chelsea with stripes, or Celtic without hoops...

Ignorant? Jon build a bridge get over it.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:51 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Yes, everything you're saying shows ignorance. It doesn't bother me at all what's happening at other clubs, atleast I can show an understanding from other fans views.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm with the Southampton fans. Big deal if they still have they're colours, stripes is part of they're identity, just like Newcastle's black and white stripes.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:12 pm

'Where's a stripes gone' :lol:

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:13 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:I'm with the Southampton fans. Big deal if they still have they're colours, stripes is part of they're identity, just like Newcastle's black and white stripes.

Exactly. Apparently it's "childish and pathetic" to be annoyed about it though.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:26 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:I'm with the Southampton fans. Big deal if they still have they're colours, stripes is part of they're identity, just like Newcastle's black and white stripes.

Exactly. Apparently it's "childish and pathetic" to be annoyed about it though.

Well Ye, because those comments are coming from fans who are trying to justify accepting our rebrand.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:40 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Yes, everything you're saying shows ignorance. It doesn't bother me at all what's happening at other clubs, atleast I can show an understanding from other fans views.

I am not ignorant.

I can see why their pissed off but it is petty.

I have looked at it from their view, but they have their 2 colours. Maybe one dominates the kit but at the end of the day they got their colours in a different design.

They should be grateful ffs.