Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SUNDAY JUNE 16th 2013 UPDATE "

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 pm

jackf wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jackf wrote:Genuine question lads I know I lile a wind up but serious debate time.
In carls update there seems a lot of capital spent on infrastructure from teaining groung to expansion to a million on big screens. Do you think this will be at the expense of signings? As the income from ticket sales is so small in comparison to tv money is stadium expansion worth it at the expense of player recruitment? we are having a similar debate and I am interested in your views.

I don't think it's either or with us. I think it's all being paid for by tan so revenue streams are irrelevant for the short term.

I just get the impression he's trying to turn us into a regular premiership side with some top class facilities so he can sell us on then.

That's the only way I can see him getting a return on us. He certainly wouldn't get it any other way unless he asset stripped or we did some fantastic transfer business.

Surely a million on screens could be better spent on players? As an example of my question. What are we talking with stadium expansion and training facilities plus other things 20m +. Can anybody categorically say that wont effect the playing budget?

I can categorically state that Malkys transfer budget won't be affected by any infrastructure work.

:thumbup:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:14 pm

since62 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
corky wrote:It really is good news and what people have to remember sometimes Is the fact that on occasions news can be confidential and when it leaked out it can be difficult deciding when to put it on boards so bearers of news can't win really...I thought that we had to stay up to increase the capacity so this is a nice surprise and the plans for the training complex are awesome I have been told. So it looks like up to £15 million is being invested in infrastructure in the next few months if you include everything probably more. No doubt a lot of work will be preparatory on the stadium but as soon as the season ends the roof can be taken off and advanced work done on the bowl itself. Great news

Agreed corky the days of being locked out of the training complex have gone due to the riddler not paying the rent are well gone, although im puzzled to some of the answers from the trust minutes and why did simon lim cancel so late on if you know anything about this that is :?: :ayatollah:

What answers are you puzzled with? Perhaps I can explain for you.

Don`t know why Simon Lim cancelled so late , but I hope it is because he was involved in trying to finalise the Langston debt in a meeting in London. I will ask him as part of the questions I am sending him tomorrow.

Simon Lim has told me on several occasions Keith that he was instructed by VT not to get involved with the Langston affair, maybe his role has changed in that respect.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:18 pm

CityGent wrote:
jackf wrote:Genuine question lads I know I lile a wind up but serious debate time.
In carls update there seems a lot of capital spent on infrastructure from teaining groung to expansion to a million on big screens. Do you think this will be at the expense of signings? As the income from ticket sales is so small in comparison to tv money is stadium expansion worth it at the expense of player recruitment? we are having a similar debate and I am interested in your views.

With a stadium expansion close to 40,000 within two years, elite academy status, Tan exchanging debt for equity, floating us the stock market then selling us on for a fat profit, then it's extremely unlikely that they'll neglect first team strengthening isn't it?

What was it you lot used to call us. Sleeping dwarves? :laughing6:

No offence but wait until those thing have happened and you're safe in the pl before worrying about how big you are. After all you haven't won a point in top flight football for half a century.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:22 pm

CityGent wrote:
jackf wrote:
Aramore wrote:

I don't think it's either or with us. I think it's all being paid for by tan so revenue streams are irrelevant for the short term.

I just get the impression he's trying to turn us into a regular premiership side with some top class facilities so he can sell us on then.

That's the only way I can see him getting a return on us. He certainly wouldn't get it any other way unless he asset stripped or we did some fantastic transfer business.

Surely a million on screens could be better spent on players? As an example of my question. What are we talking with stadium expansion and training facilities plus other things 20m +. Can anybody categorically say that wont effect the playing budget?

I can categorically state that Malkys transfer budget won't be affected by any infrastructure work.

Am I the only one who can't make any sense on that statement. If infrastructure work hits arsenals playing budget then clearly it would hit yours and infact every other clubs budget. Common sense surely?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:23 pm

jackf wrote:
CityGent wrote:
jackf wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Am I the only one who can't make any sense on that statement. If infrastructure work hits arsenals playing budget then clearly it would hit yours and infact every other clubs budget. Common sense surely?

Arsenal spend within their means.

We don't.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:23 pm

jackf wrote:
CityGent wrote:

With a stadium expansion close to 40,000 within two years, elite academy status, Tan exchanging debt for equity, floating us the stock market then selling us on for a fat profit, then it's extremely unlikely that they'll neglect first team strengthening isn't it?

No offence but wait until those thing have happened and you're safe in the pl before worrying about how big you are. After all you haven't won a point in top flight football for half a century.

Don't worry your head about us. We'll make up for lost time soon :thumbup:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Aramore wrote:
jackf wrote:
CityGent wrote:
jackf wrote:
Aramore wrote:

We don't.

And thats a good thing?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 pm

jackf wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jackf wrote:
CityGent wrote:
jackf wrote:
Aramore wrote:Genuine question lads I know I lile a wind up but serious debate time.
In carls update there seems a lot of capital spent on infrastructure from teaining groung to expansion to a million on big screens. Do you think this will be at the expense of signings? As the income from ticket sales is so small in comparison to tv money is stadium expansion worth it at the expense of player recruitment? we are having a similar debate and I am interested in your views.quote]

We don't.

And thats a good thing?

As long as we have someone signing the cheque it is :lol:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:30 pm

jackf wrote:
CityGent wrote:
jackf wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Arsenal seem pretty established already i think :?

We have to speculate to accumulate. Vincent Tan has dealt with high finance for most of his adult life. No matter how much of a cxnt people think he is, he wouldn't be throwing multi millions at this without an end plan

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 pm

The Jack lad is right.

Spending £1 million on TV screens is absolute madness, I understand improvements to
become Premiership level, but IMO any penny should be spend on players to try and stay up
not on TV screens FFS.
:ayatollah:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:56 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:The Jack lad is right.

Spending £1 million on TV screens is absolute madness, I understand improvements to
become Premiership level, but IMO any penny should be spend on players to try and stay up
not on TV screens FFS.

Exactly my point. We have the worse scoreboard screens in the division and nobody gives a feck. Rather use it for other things. Being a pl club doesnt mean financial security if you carry on spending more than you earn.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:57 pm

not on TV screens FFS.

City are staging the Super Cup Final next year and maybe, just maybe, there is funding for stadium development.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:

not on TV screens FFS.

City are staging the Super Cup Final next year and maybe, just maybe, there is funding for stadium development.

Ah right I got you mate :thumbup:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 pm

[quote="carlccfc"]Work will start on the expansion of Cardiff City stadium this September and will be completed ahead of the 2014/15 season.

The initial first stage will take the stadium capacity to 32,500.

Carl will the initial stage be completed in time for the Uefa Super Cup Final? Can't see Uefa being happy playing a final of theirs in a building site :oops:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:26 pm

The club trying to win over fans with misinformation. The hensol site has not been agreed or even purchased. Several sites are still being evaluated across the vale including hensol.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:33 pm

not on TV screens FFS.

More screens could also mean more opportunity to sell digital advertising which is big money in the prem. Tan isnt gonna spend a £1m just on a screen if he didn't think it would bring a benefit.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm

[quote="Bluebird 37"]The club trying to win over fans with misinformation. The hensol site has not been agreed or even purchased. Several sites are still being evaluated across the vale including hensol.[/quote

Your wrong just leave it at that ,but I will tell you that over a million quid was spent recently on the Vale site towards the project...

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:

not on TV screens FFS.

Wasnt they given 500k towards it from Uefa, so really we are spending 500k :?:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 pm

jackf wrote:

not on TV screens FFS.

Exactly my point. We have the worse scoreboard screens in the division and nobody gives a feck. Rather use it for other things. Being a pl club doesnt mean financial security if you carry on spending more than you earn.

And when we have a higher attendance and the potential of near 40,000 fans paying to come see cardiff city that will mean we will be making a much bigger profit and be able to spend more than we would if we only had 26,000

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:48 pm

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Bluebird 37 wrote:The club trying to win over fans with misinformation. The hensol site has not been agreed or even purchased. Several sites are still being evaluated across the vale including hensol.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Bluebird 37 wrote:The club trying to win over fans with misinformation. The hensol site has not been agreed or even purchased. Several sites are still being evaluated across the vale including hensol.

The council have said that planning permission has been submitted.

Surely then you would think the club have some sort of plans afoot they need permission for?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 pm

When plans have been submitted they will appear here quite shortly after:-

http://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/

I searched for 'stadium' but nothing recent came up so the plans aren't in the system yet. It's quite a good site, you can check out all the documents and designs submitted by the applicant. The ones for the new ice rink and ski slope are worth a look.

I can't see the point in committing this money now. Worst case scenario is that we have a half built stadium expansion, some great tv screens and advertising boards but are playing in front of 15,000 in the championship after next year. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:16 pm

bspark wrote:When plans have been submitted they will appear here quite shortly after:-

I searched for 'stadium' but nothing recent came up so the plans aren't in the system yet. It's quite a good site, you can check out all the documents and designs submitted by the applicant. The ones for the new ice rink and ski slope are worth a look.

I can't see the point in committing this money now. Worst case scenario is that we have a half built stadium expansion, some great tv screens and advertising boards but are playing in front of 15,000 in the championship after next year. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen.

I think the stadium's plans were granted at the time it was built, any expansion was already agreed. I might be wrong though.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
bspark wrote:When plans have been submitted they will appear here quite shortly after:-

I think the stadium's plans were granted at the time it was built, any expansion was already agreed. I might be wrong though.

You could well be right although most planning permissions lapse after about 5 years if the work hasn't been completed so if that's the case with the stadium plans then they would need to re-submit them and get them approved again.

I am still waiting to see the plans for Tan's flat though

Re: SUNDAY JUNE 16th 2013 UPDATE

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:Good news about the parking I can now park in Zone B, it's been a long trek from Zone A all the way around to the front of the stadium.

Utter laziness.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Karl wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Good news about the parking I can now park in Zone B, it's been a long trek from Zone A all the way around to the front of the stadium.

Utter laziness.

Or disability. :oops:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 pm

If we are looking to head towards 40k in seats, I hope they have put some cash aside to give to the council so we can get a couple more roads away from the Stadium. We could also do with continuing the car park right around behind the Family Stand. Costco and the Records Centre don't need it all.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Karl wrote:

Utter laziness.

Or disability. :oops:

Oops! :thumbup:

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am

jackf wrote:
CityGent wrote:

Hmmm, I don't see to remember your lot gaining many points in the latter half of last season...and you WERE in the Premier League!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Brilliant update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: