Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SUNDAY JUNE 16th 2013 UPDATE "

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Great news the plans are finally getting into motion we are getting bigger and better Carl as you said :ayatollah: all great on the stadium expansion but I believe it is KEY that we sign our top targets and strengthen with the quality players we need to survive this coming season in the premiership and not just get average premiership players which could see us relegated and then this good work with the stadium expansion etc will be pointless if we can't fill the seats back down in the championship.

So Carl the question is do you believe we will sign the players good enough to make all the news of your update worthwhile? Is the player/players you are aware of so far the quality we need?????????
Last edited by cakey-8t7 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers for the update Carl, next red shirts with crap badge, please not mde by Macron too???

Mind you what do I care really, I don't wear them!!!

Great news on the stadium and the training......

Re: SUNDAY JUNE 16th 2013 UPDATE

carlccfc wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Grumpyguts wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:If works starts in September, what happens to the people with season tickets towards the back on Ninian Stand.

I might be wrong but I thought the back 2-3 rows would be removed to allow the next tier to go on.

Ps.

Carl, im sure its not your fault, but deleting that other thread and then this appearing is poor form.

:ayatollah:

Bit of a cheap shot deleting the other post but I suppose ego's have to be fed.

Nothing to do with ego's and if you look the post has been added to this thread.

I put it up carl because its out there now although after reading the first paragraph of the minutes with "The owner wants red and that is that" i didnt need to read much more if it :ayatollah:

I have not got an issue with the trust email being on this thread or the board Ian. :ayatollah:

I know that. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Bluebina wrote:Cheers for the update Carl, next red shirts with crap badge, please not mde by Macron too???

Mind you what do I care really, I don't wear them!!!

Great news on the stadium and the training......

To be fair though Aston villas kits look nice for this season and they are made by macron, Leeds also not bad

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:03 pm

CityGent wrote:Stadium expansion to over 40,000, massive corporate sponsorships and an elite academy on the way

It looks like Vincent has a plan to make some money

What type of business man is he!!

A top businessman, looks like he intends staying in the premiership, so toners crossed we are going to have plenty more good news of goo signings to keep up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Aramore wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:
JamesC wrote:Shame this was spoilt 10 mins ago,

great news though

I'd say it's more of a shame they had to delete the other post to let Carl has so called exclusivity :?

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

Don't get me wrong Carl I'm not trying to criticise and I do enjoy the updates.

I just question why the other post with most of this that was up ten minutes before was deleted.

There were still a few tidbits that the other post didn't have that you had in yours, would have been no harm for them both to be up :D

Its only Carl's updates allowed on here didn't u know that ?? Nobody else allowed to be in the know !!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 pm

bozzer64 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:

great news though

I'd say it's more of a shame they had to delete the other post to let Carl has so called exclusivity :?

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

I just question why the other post with most of this that was up ten minutes before was deleted.

There were still a few tidbits that the other post didn't have that you had in yours, would have been no harm for them both to be up :D

Its only Carl's updates allowed on here didn't u know that ?? Nobody else allowed to be in the know !!

Alot of fans are in the know its just carl puts out what hes told i mean who else wants to put stuff up on here only for others to mock or take the piss from info hes told its justs carls got thicker skin than a rhino even though a rhino is taller than him :laughing6: , besides not everything gets put out on here if it did he would be called a doom merchant or trying to put the club down on info told ect :malky:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:
CityGent wrote:Stadium expansion to over 40,000, massive corporate sponsorships and an elite academy on the way

A top businessman, looks like he intends staying in the premiership, so toners crossed we are going to have plenty more good news of goo signings to keep up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fingers crossed fecking iPad corrections .....

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Great news about the stadium expansion :ayatollah: I wonder what colour the seats will be though...

Not too sure about changing our kit manufacturer to Macron, I think we could do better than that. I'm glad Puma's going though.

Seats will be Blue, so I am told.

hey guys thanks for the great updates makes for interesting reading

just 1 question for carl ;) says you only post what you hear... here you say so im told

:happy1:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:22 pm

bluemoon wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Great news about the stadium expansion :ayatollah: I wonder what colour the seats will be though...

Not too sure about changing our kit manufacturer to Macron, I think we could do better than that. I'm glad Puma's going though.

just 1 question for carl ;) says you only post what you hear... here you say so im told

:lol:

I heard what I was told and that was the seats will be blue :lol:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:22 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
bozzer64 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:

great news though

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

Alot of fans are in the know its just carl puts out what hes told i mean who else wants to put stuff up on here only for others to mock or take the piss from info hes told its justs carls got thicker skin than a rhino even though a rhino is taller than him :laughing6: , besides not everything gets put out on here if it did he would be called a doom merchant or trying to put the club down on info told ect :malky:

And not as fat :D

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:And not as fat :D

No thats annis stood beside you although he be on now talking of his diet(three bags of crips and a cook breakfast before 1pm)and how well its going after reading this, although im not slimmer of the year like :lol:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

:lol:

I heard what I was told and that was the seats will be blue :lol:

:ayatollah: :thumbup:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks for the info Carl. :ayatollah: How will Chuckles turn this thread negative. :o

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Genuine question lads I know I lile a wind up but serious debate time.
In carls update there seems a lot of capital spent on infrastructure from teaining groung to expansion to a million on big screens. Do you think this will be at the expense of signings? As the income from ticket sales is so small in comparison to tv money is stadium expansion worth it at the expense of player recruitment? we are having a similar debate and I am interested in your views.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Maximum stadium expansion to 38,000 was what was said.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:48 pm

I thought the corners were being filled in this summer? So will any new seats be added this summer?

Also, how will the new seats be added to the Ninian? Will it be a new tier on top?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:51 pm

since62 wrote:

Keith, I understand you were told 38,500 at your meeting, was it said to you about filling the corners as well which would take it to 42,000?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:52 pm

jackf wrote:Genuine question lads I know I lile a wind up but serious debate time.
In carls update there seems a lot of capital spent on infrastructure from teaining groung to expansion to a million on big screens. Do you think this will be at the expense of signings? As the income from ticket sales is so small in comparison to tv money is stadium expansion worth it at the expense of player recruitment? we are having a similar debate and I am interested in your views.

on the contrary mate, I think it only reinforces the fact that we are going to improve our squad as much as possible.
it would be pointless improving our infrastructure and increasing our capacity if we had intentions of returning to the championship.
I don't think any of us on here believe we currently have a squad who would be comfortable in the premier league so signings of quality are imperative to fulfill tans plans.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Happy with update and Macron , just looked at some of their kits,

Shame they can't do this season instead of puma

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:55 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
jackf wrote:Genuine question lads I know I lile a wind up but serious debate time.

on the contrary mate, I think it only reinforces the fact that we are going to improve our squad as much as possible.
it would be pointless improving our infrastructure and increasing our capacity if we had intentions of returning to the championship.
I don't think any of us on here believe we currently have a squad who would be comfortable in the premier league so signings of quality are imperative to fulfill tans plans.

I want to add as well that we are a club who are run differently to you.
You have a local owner who is doing a great job with limited resources, but without sounding patronising we have an owner who knows a different market and has big ambitions to crack a market where he is already a big fish which will lead to big dividends for him.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Carl,
How are we taking the capacity to 27500 for the start of the new season? I thought this was supposed to be being done by filling in the 2 corners of the Ninian stand but think you said above that this wouldn't be done until phase 3?
Thanks,
Lee.

I don't think it's either or with us. I think it's all being paid for by tan so revenue streams are irrelevant for the short term.

I just get the impression he's trying to turn us into a regular premiership side with some top class facilities so he can sell us on then.

That's the only way I can see him getting a return on us. He certainly wouldn't get it any other way unless he asset stripped or we did some fantastic transfer business.

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:If works starts in September, what happens to the people with season tickets towards the back on Ninian Stand.

I might be wrong but I thought the back 2-3 rows would be removed to allow the next tier to go on.

Ps.

Carl, im sure its not your fault, but deleting that other thread and then this appearing is poor form.

The idea is that work commences outside the ground on the support steelwork etc. which only impacts on the pedestrian walkway behind the Ninian Stand.

Wayne did explain that from about March 2014 the existing roof will have to be removed leaving some fans at risk of getting wet (me included!) in order to have enough time to put up the new higher roof in time for the start of season 2014/15.Seems a reasonable price to pay for a stadium expansion without losing capacity while it is done.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:02 pm

With a stadium expansion close to 40,000 within two years, elite academy status, Tan exchanging debt for equity, floating us the stock market then selling us on for a fat profit, then it's extremely unlikely that they'll neglect first team strengthening isn't it?

What was it you lot used to call us. Sleeping dwarves? :laughing6:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Aramore wrote:

I don't think it's either or with us. I think it's all being paid for by tan so revenue streams are irrelevant for the short term.

I just get the impression he's trying to turn us into a regular premiership side with some top class facilities so he can sell us on then.

That's the only way I can see him getting a return on us. He certainly wouldn't get it any other way unless he asset stripped or we did some fantastic transfer business.

Surely a million on screens could be better spent on players? As an example of my question. What are we talking with stadium expansion and training facilities plus other things 20m +. Can anybody categorically say that wont effect the playing budget?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
since62 wrote:

Keith, I understand you were told 38,500 at your meeting, was it said to you about filling the corners as well which would take it to 42,000?

It was said that there is no current intention to proceed with the corner filling , so 38,000 is the current aim.

May be different if we stay up for a few seasons and the stadium is filled every week.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:08 pm

since62 wrote:

Ps.

The idea is that work commences outside the ground on the support steelwork etc. which only impacts on the pedestrian walkway behind the Ninian Stand.

Wayne did explain that from about March 2014 the existing roof will have to be removed leaving some fans at risk of getting wet (me included!) in order to have enough time to put up the new higher roof in time for the start of season 2014/15.Seems a reasonable price to pay for a stadium expansion without losing capacity while it is done.

It seems an absolute health and safety nightmare to do it during the season i cant see the the roof moving until May.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:10 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
corky wrote:It really is good news and what people have to remember sometimes Is the fact that on occasions news can be confidential and when it leaked out it can be difficult deciding when to put it on boards so bearers of news can't win really...I thought that we had to stay up to increase the capacity so this is a nice surprise and the plans for the training complex are awesome I have been told. So it looks like up to £15 million is being invested in infrastructure in the next few months if you include everything probably more. No doubt a lot of work will be preparatory on the stadium but as soon as the season ends the roof can be taken off and advanced work done on the bowl itself. Great news

Agreed corky the days of being locked out of the training complex have gone due to the riddler not paying the rent are well gone, although im puzzled to some of the answers from the trust minutes and why did simon lim cancel so late on if you know anything about this that is :?: :ayatollah:

What answers are you puzzled with? Perhaps I can explain for you.

Don`t know why Simon Lim cancelled so late , but I hope it is because he was involved in trying to finalise the Langston debt in a meeting in London. I will ask him as part of the questions I am sending him tomorrow.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:11 pm

CityGent wrote:

With a stadium expansion close to 40,000 within two years, elite academy status, Tan exchanging debt for equity, floating us the stock market then selling us on for a fat profit, then it's extremely unlikely that they'll neglect first team strengthening isn't it?

What was it you lot used to call us. Sleeping dwarves? :laughing6:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :thumbup: