Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SUNDAY JUNE 16th 2013 UPDATE "

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Work will start on the expansion of Cardiff City stadium this September and will be completed ahead of the 2014/15 season.

The initial first stage will take the stadium capacity to 32,500.

5,000 seats will be added to the Ninian Stand and a pub like seated area in the concourse area for 1,000 people.

The roof of the Ninian Stand will be higher than other parts of the stadium as a result.

You will not see any seats added to the main bowl until next summer but will see preparation work underway from September.

The plan is to have 27,500 capacity for this season.

Phase 2 will see the the Canton End and Grange End extended by upto 3,000 extra seats per stand taking the capacity to 38,500.

Phase 3 will see the corners filled in to take the capacity to over 42,000.

All this is hoped to be completed within 2 years.

The initial cost is £12m.

The training ground at the Vale is expected to receive its planning permission in the next 10 days and work will start immediately on the site.

Two giant screens costing £500k each will be installed at CCS and they are of a better standard than those at the Millenium Stadium.

The stadium will have 3 LED electronic advertising boards behind the both goals and in front of the Ninian Stand next season, don't complain that much of them will be seen to red, this is not VT but the Welsh Tourist board who have part funded the installation of them.

Club officials have met with Italian kit manufacturers Macron to discuss the possibility of supplying Cardiff City with the kit for 2014/15.

I will do a further update on players later this week.

Re: SUNDAY JUNE 16th 2013 UPDATE

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Shame this was spoilt 10 mins ago,

great news though

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 pm

JamesC wrote:Shame this was spoilt 10 mins ago,

great news though

I'd say it's more of a shame they had to delete the other post to let Carl has so called exclusivity :?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Oh well not so doom and gloom as some would have us believe.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Aramore wrote:

great news though

I'd say it's more of a shame they had to delete the other post to let Carl has so called exclusivity :?

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:

great news though

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

Don't get me wrong Carl I'm not trying to criticise and I do enjoy the updates.

I just question why the other post with most of this that was up ten minutes before was deleted.

There were still a few tidbits that the other post didn't have that you had in yours, would have been no harm for them both to be up :D

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Carl,

I appreciate this may just be one part of the wider update - is this the better of the news or is there more exciting news releases this coming week??

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Good news about the parking I can now park in Zone B, it's been a long trek from Zone A all the way around to the front of the stadium.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Aramore wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:

great news though

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

I just question why the other post with most of this that was up ten minutes before was deleted.

There were still a few tidbits that the other post didn't have that you had in yours, would have been no harm for them both to be up :D

Didn't know that the other post was put up or deleted.

Let's discuss the positives of what is happening at the club and stadium.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:

great news though

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

Yes probably for the best. Don;t want to come across as one of those people that jump on any bit of information you do put out :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Aramore wrote:I just question why the other post with most of this that was up ten minutes before was deleted.

It was hardly top news anyway the email by the trust to its members from these minutes from this so called " trust meeting" it was more like another question and dodge time with hardly any clean answers in but lets be fair the people who stood in couldnt predict whats next from tan imo as simon lim wasnt even there i was told :malky:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Stadium expansion to over 40,000, massive corporate sponsorships and an elite academy on the way

It looks like Vincent has a plan to make some money

What type of business man is he!!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:48 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Aramore wrote:I just question why the other post with most of this that was up ten minutes before was deleted.

It was hardly top news anyway the email by the trust to its members from these minutes from this so called " trust meeting" it was more like another question and dodge time with hardly any clean answers in but lets be fair the people who stood in couldnt predict whats next from tan imo as simon lim wasnt even there i was told :malky:

He wasn't there, that was in the email to. Hardly top secret

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:50 pm

CityGent wrote:Stadium expansion to over 40,000, massive corporate sponsorships and an elite academy on the way

It looks like Vincent has a plan to make some money

What type of business man is he!!

One whos in it to shift us on to somebody considerably richer than him all good selling points while the team/fans benifit from it as its happening :malky:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm

If works starts in September, what happens to the people with season tickets towards the back on Ninian Stand.

I might be wrong but I thought the back 2-3 rows would be removed to allow the next tier to go on.

Ps.

Carl, im sure its not your fault, but deleting that other thread and then this appearing is poor form.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Not saying this update is wrong but how can work start during the season? Anyway hope it's all true because it shows intent from the club to keep growing...32,500 is guaranteed then even if we don't stay up next season...that is important news....be great if the training ground is also true because that is vital for the growth of the club but also creates the opportunity to get our own players from a young age instead of having to buy players....top stuff and a very interesting update cheers
Last edited by Radyrman on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Aramore wrote:

great news though

Not an exclusive.

I put out what I hear.

Will look impressive indeed. If what you say comes off,then we'll have one of the best and most modern stadiums in the PL. Great news.
Last edited by norms76 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:If works starts in September, what happens to the people with season tickets towards the back on Ninian Stand.

I might be wrong but I thought the back 2-3 rows would be removed to allow the next tier to go on.

Ps.

Carl, im sure its not your fault, but deleting that other thread and then this appearing is poor form.

why should the 'trust' members know before me and other season ticket holders????? :old:

Thank you Carl.
I did know of this beforehand , but thanks anyway. I am glad you are our ITK supporter who is prepared to pass on info that you can. Annis was a good provider of info , Lakey too , but now you have taken over at the top I am grateful to you.

Thanks mate , keep up the good work !!!

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

He wasn't there, that was in the email to. Hardly top secret

Was they expecting anything diffent, i said the other day i bet they would send the tea lady instead :lol:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:54 pm

We are well and truly a club on the up, good times :) .

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Macron are decent and give original templates.

2 screens? Pointless.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Macron is an extremely poor brand, I'm disappointed in that sense and would rather be with Umbro.
42k seats in the Championship is extremely risky too..

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:56 pm

arri potta wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:If works starts in September, what happens to the people with season tickets towards the back on Ninian Stand.

Ps.

why should the 'trust' members know before me and other season ticket holders????? :old:

Dont know why your asking me that mate?

I read all this about an hour ago on facebook, all this information was then posted on here by someone else then
deleted before this thread appeared. Bit odd eh.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:58 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
arri potta wrote:

Ps.

I read all this about an hour ago on facebook, all this information was then posted on here by someone else then

:lol: :lol: :lol: just using my spoon and fishing rod!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:58 pm

arri potta wrote:

Ps.

The trust members recieved an email as it was trust representitives who had a meeting with the club and asked questions that members wanted asked.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:59 pm

arri potta wrote:
arri potta wrote:

Ps.

:lol: :lol: :lol: just using my spoon and fishing rod!

:lol: :thumbup:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Ok lads lets get back to the point, yesterday harold pinta and others were trying to pour water over corkys good news post, now however we are reliably informed that work on the training ground will take place in 10 days and work will begin on the stadium expansion as early as september.

you are lucky you didnt take up my offer of a £100 wager eh harry!

The club is moving in the right direction yet again, A fish never swims backwards. Let's keep progressing as a club :ayatollah:
I'd be happy with Macron they have made a nice kit for Aston Villa and Leeds next season :ayatollah:

arri potta wrote:

Ps.

I put out last night that I would be updating the forum with latest news, I was aware of this news at the end of last week, I was waiting for a bit more info on a certain player that is possibly signing before I done the update on Monday evening, as I was specifically asked not to let the cat out of the bag for a few days.

I was told that part of the info I was posting was going to come out this evening so I brought the update forward.

Nothing sinister.