Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

JERMAINE BECKFORD -40K PER WEEK

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Robert Lewandowski ( Borrussia Dortmund if you didnt know ) is set to double his wages with a move to Man Utd

Scary to think Leicester City were paying Jermaine Beckford the same ammount

I really hope we dont pay above the odds for average players like we have done previously.

:ayatollah:

Re: JERMAINE BECKFORD -40K PER WEEK

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Leicester City are an extremely poorly run side

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Joff wrote:Robert Lewandowski ( Borrussia Dortmund if you didnt know ) is set to double his wages with a move to Man Utd

I really hope we dont pay above the odds for average players like we have done previously.

minus £40,000 ?

sounds a bad deal that.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:46 pm

says all what,s wrong with football today.a average footballer on 2m a year

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:51 pm

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
Joff wrote:Robert Lewandowski ( Borrussia Dortmund if you didnt know ) is set to double his wages with a move to Man Utd

minus £40,000 ?

sounds a bad deal that.

Did you really needto nit - pick fella ?

Looking at your posts you really do need to contribute more - next time i post , ill run it by you first

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Joff wrote:
AbsolutelyFearless wrote:

minus £40,000 ?

sounds a bad deal that.

Did you really needto nit - pick fella ?

Looking at your posts you really do need to contribute more - next time i post , ill run it by you first

Aww, don't be sad.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Who are these average players we paid over the odds for that you speak of?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:31 pm

How long have you supported Cardiff ?

Spencer Prior
Willie Boland
Peter Thorne
Gareth Whalley

all "ok players" on a big wage.

I could probably name about 30 players we overpaid wages / transfers on. Its well documented that our wage bil was out of control.

Dave jones was on 800k per year.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Joff wrote:How long have you supported Cardiff ?

Spencer Prior
Willie Boland
Peter Thorne
Gareth Whalley
I could probably name about 30 players we overpaid wages / transfers on. Its well documented that our wage bil was out of control.

Nearly 25 years so dont f*cking patronise me you tw*t.

All those players delivered us promotions and hardly in the 40k a week bracket. :roll:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Didnt realise Dave Jones played for us either?!!!??

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Joff wrote:How long have you supported Cardiff ?

Spencer Prior
Willie Boland
Peter Thorne
Gareth Whalley

Nearly 25 years so dont f*cking patronise me you tw*t.

All those players delivered us promotions and hardly in the 40k a week bracket. :roll:

Nice reply !!

I didnt mention any specific fee, did i ??

Look im not arguing , if you dont like the post fair enough, but try and focus on what the initial post was about. The wages we paid in relation to our turn over was scandelous and i sincerely hope we learn by our past mistakes.

Im sure under the current set up we will.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Well seeing as you had to go back 10 years to name some players I hardly think its a valid concern :roll:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Some real sensitive souls on here.

Sorry princess, obviously you have no sense of humour.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Im sure you can think of plenty of players in the last 5 years we have paid over the odds for in transfers / fees ?

There are loads.

Fowler, Trevor Sinclair , JFH , Chopra ( big wages and 2 k per goal) , Earnie big wages he was on a grand a goal), people moaned about Hudsons fee for years, Tony Capaldi , Paul Quinn, Mark Kennedy , Darren Purse ,Eddie johnson , Scimeca , Alan lee , to name a few

Our wages exceeded our income

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Joff wrote:Im sure you can think of plenty of players in the last 5 years we have paid over the odds for in transfers / fees ?

There are loads.

Fowler, Trevor Sinclair , JFH , Chopra ( big wages and 2 k per goal) , Earnie big wages he was on a grand a goal), people moaned about Hudsons fee for years, Tony Capaldi , Paul Quinn, Mark Kennedy , Darren Purse ,Eddie johnson , Scimeca , Alan lee , to name a few

Our wages exceeded our income last year mr f*cking accountant :roll:

Perhaps you should write to the FA and get us demoted :roll:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Joff wrote:Im sure you can think of plenty of players in the last 5 years we have paid over the odds for in transfers / fees ?

There are loads.

Bellamy allegedly on 35k a week plus 1million promotion bonus.

Kim bo on 25k a week.

Campbell was on 35k aswell I think I remember reading on a Hull forum

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Jermaine Beckford has completed his anticipated move from Leicester City to Bolton Wanderers, the Lancashire club have confirmed.
The transfer fee is officially-undisclosed but is believed to be around £800,000 which will reportedly go Everton.

The Foxes still owe the Blues an outstanding payment for the purchase of the striker two years ago. Beckford, whom David Moyes signed on a free transfer from Leeds United in May 2010, left Goodison in August the following year for £2.5m.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Most clubs pay over the odds for players,that's just the way it is because if one club doesn't pay it another will.These high salary's the players get is solely the clubs fault in their pursuit of success. :ayatollah:
Post a reply