Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' GOOD NEWS AND A STARK WARNING '

Tue May 21, 2013 9:34 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Well maybe its not possible at the moment

Most likely not as it has been brought to the table but why not start the process last season when the rebrand was initiated?

We were in the championship then, no point in wasting money if we didnt get promoted

Tue May 21, 2013 9:39 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Most likely not as it has been brought to the table but why not start the process last season when the rebrand was initiated?

We were in the championship then, no point in wasting money if we didnt get promoted

Not the point Craig. We paid the price for playing in red and the extension was part of the deal.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Not the point Craig. We paid the price for playing in red and the extension was part of the deal.

At the appropriate time, I would have been worried if he expanded when we were in championship and couldnt sell out. What would be the point in that?

No point in discussing it with you as you will move the goalposts just because you hate them man

Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:2 screens is pointless.

I pulled a neck muscle looking at the only one.

Only need 1.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:52 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
At the appropriate time, I would have been worried if he expanded when we were in championship and couldnt sell out. What would be the point in that?

No point in discussing it with you as you will move the goalposts just because you hate them man

The point would have been we would have seen some proof of this side of the deal. The pro reds are quite happy to use the investment in the squad as him delivering, I wonder if they would have been saying that if we had not got promoted, however I would like to see it all happen before I will admit he has delivered. That's what deals are for.

I don't hate Tan, I hate what he has done but I feel he has gone about this the worst way possible. I'm sure there is a way of working something out but I feel we need to go back to square one regarding the shirt and then we will be able to move forward.

Bit disappointed of you Craig saying I will move the goalposts, where have I done that.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Only need 1.

I better move to another seat then. Ah I have already.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Only need 1.

I better move to another seat then. Ah I have already.

Fair enough.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:26 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

The point would have been we would have seen some proof of this side of the deal. The pro reds are quite happy to use the investment in the squad as him delivering, I wonder if they would have been saying that if we had not got promoted, however I would like to see it all happen before I will admit he has delivered. That's what deals are for.

I don't hate Tan, I hate what he has done but I feel he has gone about this the worst way possible. I'm sure there is a way of working something out but I feel we need to go back to square one regarding the shirt and then we will be able to move forward.

Bit disappointed of you Craig saying I will move the goalposts, where have I done that.

We will have a stadium expansion if we stay up.

There's nothing more to say then that.

There was no deals with anybody by the way.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:43 am

kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

Everyone is under the impression that the stadium expansion was part of accepting the rebrand just like the investment in the squad, the training facilities and finally the debt to equity. That to me sounds like a deal.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:48 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

Originally Ian it was he was never gonna do anything. Then, when he begins to you change to say "he should have done it straight away"

He cant win, I understand your frustration but IMO it makes you blinkered. Saying that, as I have accepted the rebrand (not to be confused with liking it) some might say its me who is blinkered.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 am

Ian, go to page1 where castleblue has linked the offer that was made.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:52 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

Everyone is under the impression that the stadium expansion was part of accepting the rebrand just like the investment in the squad, the training facilities and finally the debt to equity. That to me sounds like a deal.

whose this everyone? you don't speak for me ok.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:56 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Fill in 3 corners and narrow the fourth like at the Madjeski, get them seats packed on. :ayatollah:

Personally I dont see why the club never arranged for the extra tier to be added this summer. I mean that was part of the deal within the rebrand and because of that I cannot see why it should have not gone ahead this summer.

Because we were not promoted and we wouldn't sell out a 35k stadium in the championship

Well yes but the deal was?

There was no deals

No really.

So we played in red for nothing then? We gave up our tradition for nothing.

Nothing!!!! Have you been in a coma :lol: :lol:

You was that one in the life of Brian asking what had the Romans ever done for us. :lol:

Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 am

Old school BLUE wrote:Bakedalaskar for someone who as turned their back on the club by not renewing your season ticket because of the rebrand you got an awful lot to say about the increase in capacity at the CCS , enjoy your Saturdays with TLG :o

He's having another mare. ;)

Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Fill in 3 corners and narrow the fourth like at the Madjeski, get them seats packed on. :ayatollah:

Personally I dont see why the club never arranged for the extra tier to be added this summer. I mean that was part of the deal within the rebrand and because of that I cannot see why it should have not gone ahead this summer.

Because we were not promoted and we wouldn't sell out a 35k stadium in the championship

I think you'll need to back those claims up, can'r recollect any deal saying there would be a new tier added to the stadium before next season started,
Perhaps you could organise a march to protest against it. :roll:

And what claims are those Gwyn?

When you are claiming a deal was done that he would put another tier on the stadium this summer, but you look like the onley one that claims to know of that deal, so perhaps its that claim. :roll:

Tue May 21, 2013 11:04 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

Originally Ian it was he was never gonna do anything. Then, when he begins to you change to say "he should have done it straight away"

He cant win, I understand your frustration but IMO it makes you blinkered. Saying that, as I have accepted the rebrand (not to be confused with liking it) some might say its me who is blinkered.

Its how you look at it Craig. We can all argue our cases and sometimes have to agree to differ.

Tue May 21, 2013 11:05 am

castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I thought the "offer" was to extend the stadium at the appropriate time and nothing more than that. I suppose it begs the question what is the appropriate time and I think that would probably be if and when we establish overselves in the PL

Having said that I believe Borley said something on Twitter the other night about watch this space on the stadium expansion so perhaps thing are progressing on this front.

Given everything else that VT said at the time of the rebrand and the action he has taken on things like investment in the playing squad, plans for the new training ground and talking with Langston I believe the expansion will take place.

Whenever it is needed.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well yes I would go along with that if there was no price to pay but there has been a price paid has there not.

If you pay for something you expect it to be done ASAP.

The offer was to look " That feasability studies would continue into the expansion of the stadium at the appropriate time"

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 98351.aspx

It could be that filling in 3 corners of the ground is a "Stadium Expansion" and that is another promise honoured by VT. I have never heard him promise to put a top tier on the stadium, I have read it on here but not from any official source.

As I say I think he will actually do it and like the other promises made by VT he WILL keep them.

So where is the come back to proof when presented to you??

Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

they are expanding it though, and your point is?

Tue May 21, 2013 11:23 am

BigGwynram wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I thought the "offer" was to extend the stadium at the appropriate time and nothing more than that. I suppose it begs the question what is the appropriate time and I think that would probably be if and when we establish overselves in the PL

Having said that I believe Borley said something on Twitter the other night about watch this space on the stadium expansion so perhaps thing are progressing on this front.

Given everything else that VT said at the time of the rebrand and the action he has taken on things like investment in the playing squad, plans for the new training ground and talking with Langston I believe the expansion will take place.

Whenever it is needed.

Well yes I would go along with that if there was no price to pay but there has been a price paid has there not.

If you pay for something you expect it to be done ASAP.

The offer was to look " That feasability studies would continue into the expansion of the stadium at the appropriate time"

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 98351.aspx

It could be that filling in 3 corners of the ground is a "Stadium Expansion" and that is another promise honoured by VT. I have never heard him promise to put a top tier on the stadium, I have read it on here but not from any official source.

As I say I think he will actually do it and like the other promises made by VT he WILL keep them.

So where is the come back to proof when presented to you??

That feasability studies would continue into the expansion of the stadium at the appropriate time

Yes I recall that statement and it came over to me as an excuse more than anything to make if they wanted to pull out. A bit like the equity to debt and the excuse that is Langston.

You see this whole rebrand has been a we will promise that with our get out clauses but you will still suffer the indignity of losing something. Some people have been right suckered into it and I just wondered how these people would feel if we had not got promoted because I could see not one inch of promise being delivered.

As far as I am concerned this feasability study should have initiated straight after the rebrand. Why not, at least we would have seen some evidence that would have been long term for us to have.

Tue May 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh my God, there's negative and more negative, pessimism and even more pessimism, some times we can all se a half full bottle and say it's half empty, but some people can't even see a f*cking bottle.

I think Ian should get on the Samaritan's message board among more like minded people, there's far to much positivity and achievement going on for him to cope with here. :lol: :lol:

Tue May 21, 2013 12:24 pm

I don't think the planning permission is the issue here, as it would be a formality as I'm sure all the plans are in place and just need signing off, which in this case would not have taken no more than 8 weeks.
The club have chosen to wait, for a season at Premier level, then expand. In my opinion they are wrong, 'make hay when the sun shines' is the motto. We have the resources to stay up and the extra 5000 tickets would have sold out for 90% of the games, the momentum is with us at the moment and if we were to struggle with boring football then that momentum may be lost and the expansion delayed another year. It shows a lack of confidence and ambition by the club.
I would even go as far as to say it may point to the unsurety as to whether VT is here for the long haul. we shall see :thumbup:

Tue May 21, 2013 12:31 pm

They might have wanted to gauge interest in our first season in prem. Now they know we have fans waiting to get ST's it will no doubt speed things ahead for next summer. If they had the stadium done and there wasnt much more interest then it would have been a waste of money. CCFC has never been in the prem so have no ticket figures to go by. IMO they did the right thing.

Tue May 21, 2013 12:43 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:They might have wanted to gauge interest in our first season in prem. Now they know we have fans waiting to get ST's it will no doubt speed things ahead for next summer. If they had the stadium done and there wasnt much more interest then it would have been a waste of money. CCFC has never been in the prem so have no ticket figures to go by. IMO they did the right thing.

Yes Craig, I have done a U-turn having read the statistics that Annis just posted in another thread. I too :thumbup: , now think they have taken the correct decision.

Tue May 21, 2013 1:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

they are expanding it though, and your point is?

I can't believe you can't see my point here but then again you have proved this season you don't listen or take in other opinions. Anyway I will say here again just for you, my opinion is that they should have planned for the expansion soon after the rebrand, therefore completing the project this recess.

Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Oh my God, there's negative and more negative, pessimism and even more pessimism, some times we can all se a half full bottle and say it's half empty, but some people can't even see a f*cking bottle.

I think Ian should get on the Samaritan's message board among more like minded people, there's far to much positivity and achievement going on for him to cope with here. :lol: :lol:

What is so negative about believing the stadium should have been built this summer?

Tue May 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Well this all got boring very quickly.

At what point do those that sacrificed their support stop posting about Cardiff City?

Tue May 21, 2013 1:57 pm

For many Premier League games there will be very little segregation and virtually every seat will be sold but when the likes of Swansea and Man Utd visit then bigger segregation will be evident.

Carl, can you tell me

why is it just us and our police who insist on this?

When Man Utd play Man City, or when Arsenal play Spurs there are no empty seats or segregation, just a line of stewards and the odd copper separating fans? Our club is a joke these days with plastic fans soNo trouble will happen at the CCS so why the segregation?? jUST TO MAKE THE POLICE LIFES EASYIER I BET!!

id love a answer

Tue May 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
kingdong wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

There was no deals

No really.

So we played in red for nothing then? We gave up our tradition for nothing.

THERE was NO deal! he doesn't give a t0SS what you think, he does what he wants, don't u get it by now?? He's only increasing capacity it to increase REVENUE, not because of a deal!

Tue May 21, 2013 6:46 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:THERE was NO deal! he doesn't give a t0SS what you think, he does what he wants, don't u get it by now?? He's only increasing capacity it to increase REVENUE, not because of a deal!

So red for investment was my imagination, fair enough.

Tue May 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:I don't think the planning permission is the issue here, as it would be a formality as I'm sure all the plans are in place and just need signing off, which in this case would not have taken no more than 8 weeks.
The club have chosen to wait, for a season at Premier level, then expand. In my opinion they are wrong, 'make hay when the sun shines' is the motto. We have the resources to stay up and the extra 5000 tickets would have sold out for 90% of the games, the momentum is with us at the moment and if we were to struggle with boring football then that momentum may be lost and the expansion delayed another year. It shows a lack of confidence and ambition by the club.
I would even go as far as to say it may point to the unsurety as to whether VT is here for the long haul. we shall see :thumbup:

Steve Borley pointed out the issue a few weeks ago. It's procurement. The actual building doesn't take that long, but the materials and skills required to do the job aren't sitting waiting for the job, it needs planning and stuff needs buying/contracts signing etc...

Hope it happens next summer - it will be brilliant.