Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' MALKY SPEAKS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME '

Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Apparently Moyes recommended Malky as his choice to the Everton board. Could sway things.

Mon May 13, 2013 4:10 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Apparently Moyes recommended Malky as his choice to the Everton board. Could sway things.

There was no real explanation why Malky was at Everton recently?

Didn't convince me he's committed to staying last night, Everton is a big job and if I'm honest I think maybe too big for Malky at present. If he does go I wish him well, but hope he stays to finish the job! :malky:

Mon May 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Malky was asked about the Everton Job.

Malky replied " Its very Flattering to be linked at a Job like that, but to be fair out of Respect to my own Club,Ive got something that We've built and were really looking forward to coming up in to the Premiership and Ive got a lot of hard work over the Summer and Concentrating on the Job that I am doing at the moment."

Asked by Gary Linker is that a definitive No, Malky replied " Ask Michael " (Michael Laudrup). Then Malky laughed.

Gary Lineker later said that you both brilliantly steered away from the question, I will take that as a " Yes " Malky laughed again, but sort of shook his head.

Later on

Lineker said to Malky, " Your Cardiff City are in the Premier League next season "

Malky joked about the Derby game with Laudrup.

Malky replied " I am very looking forward to the Premiership next season and were going to have to improve the squad, were certainly going to need 4 or 5 players." " Were really looking forward to the Premiership down at Cardiff. "

Michael Laudrup never ruled himself out either.

Bookies Odds

Martinez 13/8
Neil Lennon 3/1
Malky 3rd Favourite 5/1

Watched it today and top me he was pretty much saying no.

Mon May 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Malky was asked about the Everton Job.

Malky replied " Its very Flattering to be linked at a Job like that, but to be fair out of Respect to my own Club,Ive got something that We've built and were really looking forward to coming up in to the Premiership and Ive got a lot of hard work over the Summer and Concentrating on the Job that I am doing at the moment."

Asked by Gary Linker is that a definitive No, Malky replied " Ask Michael " (Michael Laudrup). Then Malky laughed.

Gary Lineker later said that you both brilliantly steered away from the question, I will take that as a " Yes " Malky laughed again, but sort of shook his head.

Later on

Lineker said to Malky, " Your Cardiff City are in the Premier League next season "

Malky joked about the Derby game with Laudrup.

Malky replied " I am very looking forward to the Premiership next season and were going to have to improve the squad, were certainly going to need 4 or 5 players." " Were really looking forward to the Premiership down at Cardiff. "

Michael Laudrup never ruled himself out either.

Bookies Odds

Martinez 13/8
Neil Lennon 3/1
Malky 3rd Favourite 5/1

Watched it today and top me he was pretty much saying no.

Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 am

Laudrup looked offended by Linekar stating "I'll take that as a yes from both of you". He's already publicly come out and said that he wants to stay at Swansea and was just being his usual diplomatic self by stating he was flattered.

Malky gave every indication that he would be interested. Everton is stable premier league ground for Malky where as Cardiff is not.

Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm

bryndon2 wrote:Laudrup looked offended by Linekar stating "I'll take that as a yes from both of you". He's already publicly come out and said that he wants to stay at Swansea and was just being his usual diplomatic self by stating he was flattered.

Malky gave every indication that he would be interested. Everton is stable premier league ground for Malky where as Cardiff is not.

There was a rather awkward silence when he said that; he was obviously joking as Malky and Mark Lawrenson could see but Laudrup was completely lost :lol:

Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm

The good news is that with Brighton having lost in the play-offs last night, the odds on Malky going to Everton have lengthened substantially to 16-1. Malky is now 5th favourite, with Gus Poyet in second place.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/everton/next-permanent-manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion

Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 pm

All manger's like players, with the exception of Bellamy, is who's paying what, If everton offer double his cardiff salary, we know where he will be heading. loyality counts for nothing these days. :!:

Tue May 14, 2013 8:58 pm

The Gunners have just done the Bluebirds a favour.

Arsenal 4 Wigan 1 - Wigan are relegated.

Surely Roberto Martinez will now want the Everton post?