Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MALKY SPEAKS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME '

Sun May 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Malky was asked about the Everton Job.

Malky replied " Its very Flattering to be linked at a Job like that, but to be fair out of Respect to my own Club,Ive got something that We've built and were really looking forward to coming up in to the Premiership and Ive got a lot of hard work over the Summer and Concentrating on the Job that I am doing at the moment."

Asked by Gary Linker is that a definitive No, Malky replied " Ask Michael " (Michael Laudrup). Then Malky laughed.

Gary Lineker later said that you both brilliantly steered away from the question, I will take that as a " Yes " Malky laughed again, but sort of shook his head.

Later on

Lineker said to Malky, " Your Cardiff City are in the Premier League next season "

Malky joked about the Derby game with Laudrup.

Malky replied " I am very looking forward to the Premiership next season and were going to have to improve the squad, were certainly going to need 4 or 5 players." " Were really looking forward to the Premiership down at Cardiff. "

Michael Laudrup never ruled himself out either.

Bookies Odds

Martinez 13/8
Neil Lennon 3/1
Malky 3rd Favourite 5/1

Re: ' MALKY SPEAKS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME '

Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Good enough for me

Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm

I think he could well be on his way.....

Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Judging by the manner in which he said it, he wasn't ruling it out completely.

I would still be very surprised if Malky wasn't Cardiff City manager next season, though. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 12, 2013 10:20 pm

This doesn't give me confidence from BBC man Dan Walker.

In the know?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Laudrup didn't rule himself out of the job either, would Everton really pick Malky over Laudrup? No chance

Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Wigan winning that cup could be our saving grace, Martinez can bow out with grace and take the job, MM is open to offers IMO

the ' at the moment' bit makes me think he's off.

Jollffe wrote:Judging by the manner in which he said it, he wasn't ruling it out completely.

I would still be very surprised if Malky wasn't Cardiff City manager next season, though. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In fairness, he would look rather stupid if he says no and later takes a job elsewhere

Sun May 12, 2013 10:22 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Laudrup didn't rule himself out of the job either, would Everton really pick Malky over Laudrup? No chance

He's already ruled himself out, he said I've already answered this

Sun May 12, 2013 10:23 pm

He was offered the chance to dismiss it and dodged it twice.

IF he was offered the job, he would be silly to reject it. Massive club are Everton & a big chance at management in the prem for more than one season.

Not saying that we won't stay up, but out of the 2 clubs, we are far more likely to go downZ

Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:This doesn't give me confidence from BBC man Dan Walker.

In the know?

I don't think he's 'in the know', just being a tease!

Sun May 12, 2013 10:25 pm

It sounded very much like he was keeping all his options open to me.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:25 pm

He would be silly to say either way ATM.

Fans have to get used to this now, successful managers and players will be looked at by other stronger more successful clubs.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm

He wants it but knows it isn't the right time, I cant hate him for that. Id do the same thing in his shoes, really I would. If he performs well next season he will be a goner, up the ladder so to speak. Id respect that, but if he went now...id thinking nothing of the man.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Never say never.

I don't remember him ruling himself out of the Norwich job either but he still stayed.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 pm

I think Martinez will stay at Wigan, he seems the sort that would be loyal to Whelan. It will be between Lennon and Malky for Everton job and whichever one doesn't get it will manage Celtic next year.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:33 pm

What's your take on his comments Annis??

Sun May 12, 2013 10:33 pm

He did say he had lots work to do in summer, so with that and respect for city makes me think he will stay as it's not right time for him to take the job

Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Never say never.

I don't remember him ruling himself out of the Norwich job either but he still stayed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18322844

Very different statement on MOTD tonight

Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 pm

He did say he had lots work to do in summer, so with that and respect for city makes me think he will stay as it's not right time for him to take the job

Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Michael Laudrup has insisted he wants to remain with Swansea City for their European campaign next season but hinted that he may consider offers after that.

Laudrup's side lost 2-1 at Manchester United's farewell party for Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford but other results meant the Swans are assured of finishing ninth.

The Dane said: "Next season I want to try to consolidate Swansea. There is a lot of challenge there, we're playing in Europe and we would like to have that experience as a club, as a team, and I would like to be a part of that. Then let's see what happens in the future."

He claimed that finishing in the top 10 of the league was an even greater achievement than winning the Capital One Cup.

"This season will always be remembered for the cup but to be in the top 10 is something really, really great," Laudrup said. "Money is not all in life, and not in football, but it's quite important and to have the lowest budget in the league means to finish in the top 10 may be an even bigger result.

"Our aim has to be to try to consolidate in mid-table. That sounds a bit arrogant but we finished 11th last year and eighth or ninth this season. That's what we have to aim for next season as well. And it won't be easy as I know some of the clubs below us want to spend heavily, so it's another huge challenge."

Pretty strong response I'd say

Sun May 12, 2013 10:35 pm

The club need to get its act together now, if he goes fine good for him Everton are huge.

But we are planning for the biggest season of the club's life. Yet we're dossing about not knowing if the manager is staying. P
What is the point in finishing in the top 2 if the play off winners will have more prep time for the Prem than us.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:37 pm

I'd prefer him not to deny it in a way, as if he did take it then at least he didn't lie about staying here.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:37 pm

I think malky is a good manager but he is starting to make cardiff city and us fans look like pricks now, ask Michael snigger snigger , sort ur head out malky

Sun May 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:He was offered the chance to dismiss it and dodged it twice.

IF he was offered the job, he would be silly to reject it. Massive club are Everton & a big chance at management in the prem for more than one season.

Not saying that we won't stay up, but out of the 2 clubs, we are far more likely to go downZ

What makes them "massive"?

Sun May 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:He was offered the chance to dismiss it and dodged it twice.

What makes them "massive"?

Often in Euro places, top ten pretty normal, top flight for donkeys years.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 pm

My take on it - if he's offered the Everton job then MM will take it. Just hope it's done quickly so we can act accordingly. If we select the right replacement then no reason for extra concern next season.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 pm

After his comments tonight he has come back in to second favourite behind Martinez on Betfair.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 pm

His response tonight was disappointing... Please leave if you're not interested in CCFC Malky. Show some balls in keeping the team up for a year or two before you move on.