Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

Thu May 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Black-Swan wrote:Another thread of amazing ridiculousness, a theme happening here all too often. It's like you guys are trying to convince yourself. Just enjoy it and try to stay up, this bollocks is making you look stupid.

"Potential"... Potential for what?

Fella, don't be a complete prick all your life :roll:

It is clear to see that the vast majority disagree with Gwyn on this one, so choose your 'detrimental comments' wisely and you'll look less of a fool than you already do ;) :roll: :oops:

Just saying, like ;) :ayatollah:

Thu May 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Are we bigger than anyone in the Prem realistically?

Reading, swansea, QPR, Wigan for sure. 3 of which are getting relegated!

SO THE SMALLEST TEAM NEXT SEASON ARE THE JACKS...TELL US SOMETHINMG WE DONT KNOW ALREADY :lol:

Fri May 10, 2013 12:06 am

neathbluebird wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Are we bigger than anyone in the Prem realistically?

Reading, swansea, QPR, Wigan for sure. 3 of which are getting relegated!

SO THE SMALLEST TEAM NEXT SEASON ARE THE JACKS...TELL US SOMETHINMG WE DONT KNOW ALREADY :lol:

YOU'RE THE THICKEST TOO! :ayatollah:

Oops! Sorry, you already know that too! ;) :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Erm, what about "Over the last 5 years the Swans have a bigger managerial turnover than either Wolves or Blackburn"

Now THAT takes some doing (and another one on his way soon) :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 am

Well at least there is a modicum of sense here now. You lot don't half get carried away. :lol:

Fri May 10, 2013 4:56 am

In 5 years time, we both win no trophies and are roughly the same positions in the league, players will still choose everton over us, the city has rich football history, they have history of winning things, they have england internationals, we won't be up with everton for a good 20yrs!

Fri May 10, 2013 7:47 am

castleblue wrote:Everton have been ever present in the top tier of the English pyramid sytem for the 51 years since we last played there. During that time the honours achieved are;

4 League Titles
1 League Runners Up
3 FA Cup wins
5 FA Cup Runners Up
2 Football League Cup Wins
1 European Cup Winners Cup Win
7 Charity Shield Wins
1 Charity Shield Runners Up
2 FA Youth Cup Wins
4 FA Youth Cup Runners Up.

When it comes to potential Everton would be my choice as a club in comparison to Cardiff City, more likely to win or be runners up in any competition next season, indeed I would say they have more potential for more than a couple of years.

If they do come calling for MM, and in my opinion it's unlikely, but if they do and MM asks himself the "Potential" question for me he will come to the obvious answer.

Everton are a bigger club than Cardiff and are unlikely to be involved in a survival battle next season and much more likely to win a trophy.

So if they do come calling it's bye bye Malkay in my opinion and who could blame him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Embarrassing original post . Hope no one from Everton reads . They are what I consider a proper club , proper fans , with a great tradition . Regular top 10 in prem who you would have no doubt would attract 20k plus even in league 1 . On Every level we are no where near that club .

Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 am

Angry Man wrote:As many know Ive always had close ties with Everton :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and Im sorry but there's a difference between potential and fact. Also as Everton are on the verge of being taken over then the days of selling their better players maybe behind them.

I with other City fans went to see Everton in Spain for a Champions League match against Villareal and this time last year I bet QPR fans were thinking of how big potentially they could be and look at them now!!!

Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Potential or current, we are certainly NOT bigger than Everton.

Why are we even talking like this? Our club has one aim next season. That's 17th. I think some of us are in for a massive shock.

I'm amazed that moderators are able to abuse other members for not agreeing with them either.

Here f*cking here chuckles if it was the other way around its a ban simple as that :lol: :lol:
I think we are miles off being a fulham or west brom let alone everton but thats my opinion :ayatollah:

Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 am

PS We are the biggest club in the world. Even Real Madrid and Barcelona and Bayern are rubbish compared to us.

They've just got repeatedly lucky whilst we have been underachieving but we've always been better than them :old:

Fri May 10, 2013 8:34 am

No club was hurt more by the European ban than Everton, they were reigning league champions and Cup Winners Cup holders at the time. It was Liverpool that did the damage but ironically Everton that suffered most.

Their record at maintaining top division status is bettered only by Arsenal and I believe that if the ban hadn't come into affect, Everton would probably have put Arsenal in the shade over the last 28 years and been a very attractive prospect for both players and investors, in fact from an investment point of view they are probably the best untapped source out there.

I was once lucky enough to be given a coaching session by Alan Ball and during a Q&A session he gave afterwards someone asked him of all the clubs he'd been associated with or even visited which was his favourite and he replied immediately "without a doubt, Everton. You are really made to feel part of a family at that club, no pretences, no superstars, the club is run properly from the tea lady to the owner." That's probably not word for word accurate but it's as I remember him saying it.

They haven't got a dragon on their shirt and they don't wear red but I firmly believe that in 5, 10, 20 years time there will be more people in Asia wearing Everton shirts than Cardiff City ones. :roll:

Fri May 10, 2013 9:03 am

Black-Swan wrote:Well at least there is a modicum of sense here now. You lot don't half get carried away. :lol:

We get carried away? Its some of your muppet fans including that imbecile Waddle think you can push a top 4 spot next season. :laughing6:

Fri May 10, 2013 9:09 am

Ramstein blue wrote:In 5 years time, we both win no trophies and are roughly the same positions in the league, players will still choose everton over us, the city has rich football history, they have history of winning things, they have england internationals, we won't be up with everton for a good 20yrs!

But they would have to live in (or near) victimpool and put up with the girly squeaky voices of their fans. So at least we have the nicer area to live.
They have not won anything for 20/30 years have they? Since Neville Southall was only 18 stone.
What England Internationals? Most will leave them, as soon as they get a chance, as usual.

Fri May 10, 2013 9:16 am

Occasional Violins wrote:No club was hurt more by the European ban than Everton, they were reigning league champions and Cup Winners Cup holders at the time. It was Liverpool that did the damage but ironically Everton that suffered most.

Their record at maintaining top division status is bettered only by Arsenal and I believe that if the ban hadn't come into affect, Everton would probably have put Arsenal in the shade over the last 28 years and been a very attractive prospect for both players and investors, in fact from an investment point of view they are probably the best untapped source out there.

I was once lucky enough to be given a coaching session by Alan Ball and during a Q&A session he gave afterwards someone asked him of all the clubs he'd been associated with or even visited which was his favourite and he replied immediately "without a doubt, Everton. You are really made to feel part of a family at that club, no pretences, no superstars, the club is run properly from the tea lady to the owner." That's probably not word for word accurate but it's as I remember him saying it.

They haven't got a dragon on their shirt and they don't wear red but I firmly believe that in 5, 10, 20 years time there will be more people in Asia wearing Everton shirts than Cardiff City ones. :roll:

Not having a go, but why do you think they will be bigger in Asia in 20 years? They haven't been up to now, and have not won anything for 20 years. IF (and its a big IF) City do well under Tan then we could be just as big as them here, and even bigger in Asia. Unless of course a billionaire investor takes over the club, which as you say seems a very well run place, with good close links to the community.

Fri May 10, 2013 9:23 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:As many know Ive always had close ties with Everton :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and Im sorry but there's a difference between potential and fact. Also as Everton are on the verge of being taken over then the days of selling their better players maybe behind them.

I with other City fans went to see Everton in Spain for a Champions League match against Villareal and this time last year I bet QPR fans were thinking of how big potentially they could be and look at them now!!!

Laugh all you want Gwyn but there are many people who have known my ties over the years with Everton including the likes of Polo and CityGent to name two. Anyone who knows me would confirm this but the only laughable thing throughout this whole debate is your original post :lol: Maybe when Everton were great you were playing rugby and you didn't know :lol:

Fri May 10, 2013 9:36 am

BigGwynram wrote:Are they bigger than us in potential, I think not, obviously biased but if you look at the figures and facts we have far more potential.

No one can question their history or record, but the fact is they have an antiquated stadium, I believe their catchment area has possibly shrunk rather than expanded, and they have never attracted fans from out of the area on the scale that Liverpool do.

They are well run partly because it has to be that way, there is not the huge billionaire backing present as in lot's of the Premiership clubs, us included, and sometimes when your luck turns bad and you haven't found or turned out a few bargain basement players as well as you'd hoped for and you need to pay top dollar to stop the rot, they don't have that choice.

I think Malky will want to stay here for lot's of reasons, and it would take a bigger club than Everton to attract him away from what is possible with us.

:malky: :malky: :malky:

:happy1:

Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 am

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Laugh all you want Gwyn but there are many people who have known my ties over the years with Everton including the likes of Polo and CityGent to name two. Anyone who knows me would confirm this but the only laughable thing throughout this whole debate is your original post :lol: Maybe when Everton were great you were playing rugby and you didn't know :lol:

You really are deluded, other than being a comedy gold whipping boy on here, the majority of City fans would have had spent around a zilli second in the same stadium as you on your two recorded visits, to allow them the chance to come into contact with you, as for any information, they have to rely on Court reports and press assasination.

Heard a story which you can deny and others may support.

Allegedly you were giving a fourteen year old Merthyr fan some regular grief, and it resulted in him battering you. Allegedly you wrote to the club insisting this lad be banned, but rather than ban him, the supporters clubbed together and paid for his next years season ticket.

Please tell me this is true and I'll give my pants to my missus to wash after I piss them through laughing myself sick. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 10, 2013 9:52 am

BigGwynram wrote:Are they bigger than us in potential, I think not, obviously biased but if you look at the figures and facts we have far more potential.

No one can question their history or record, but the fact is they have an antiquated stadium, I believe their catchment area has possibly shrunk rather than expanded, and they have never attracted fans from out of the area on the scale that Liverpool do.

They are well run partly because it has to be that way, there is not the huge billionaire backing present as in lot's of the Premiership clubs, us included, and sometimes when your luck turns bad and you haven't found or turned out a few bargain basement players as well as you'd hoped for and you need to pay top dollar to stop the rot, they don't have that choice.

I think Malky will want to stay here for lot's of reasons, and it would take a bigger club than Everton to attract him away from what is possible with us.

What planet are you on?

Everton are a massive club with a huge support all over the Uk particually in North Wales/Chester/Shrewsbury and even in South Wales

Fri May 10, 2013 9:55 am

We could also, potentially, of course :thumbup: be relegated at the first attempt.

I know which one looks far more likely to me at the
Moment.

Lets concentrate on staying in the division before making all these ridiculous statements about being bigger than one of the biggest clubs in league.

Fri May 10, 2013 9:56 am

what a f*cking dull c**t hahahahahahahahahahahah

Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 am

You're bigger then Barca mun, Sam said so. Although that was when the you and him were friends Gwyn.

Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am

xajax wrote:You're bigger then Barca mun, Sam said so. Although that was when the you and him were friends Gwyn.

If you want to quote Sam, he said "I hope one day, we COULD be bigger than Barcelona"
But why let that spoil anything eh? :roll:

Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 am

We'll see who the bigger club is when Malky leaves you to join them. :laughing6: Things are hotting up :happy1:

Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

You really are deluded, other than being a comedy gold whipping boy on here, the majority of City fans would have had spent around a zilli second in the same stadium as you on your two recorded visits, to allow them the chance to come into contact with you, as for any information, they have to rely on Court reports and press assasination.

Heard a story which you can deny and others may support.

Allegedly you were giving a fourteen year old Merthyr fan some regular grief, and it resulted in him battering you. Allegedly you wrote to the club insisting this lad be banned, but rather than ban him, the supporters clubbed together and paid for his next years season ticket.

Please tell me this is true and I'll give my pants to my missus to wash after I piss them through laughing myself sick. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Complete rubbish!!! Do you just make stories up or what..? absolutely pathetic attempt to just get a laugh!!!

Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am

14 yr old it was brownie, i got told the same to, you tryed to bully him and he give you what for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am

bluebird1977 wrote:14 yr old it was brownie, i got told the same to, you tryed to bully him and he give you what for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would have thought that you would believe such crap!!! :evil:

Fri May 10, 2013 10:39 am

Angry Man wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:14 yr old it was brownie, i got told the same to, you tryed to bully him and he give you what for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do, think you typed that wrong then :lol: :lol:

Fri May 10, 2013 10:44 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

If you really believe such crap then you should take a good hard look at yourself FFS!!!! Gwyneth is a f*cking liar and he's doing this to divert from the crap he stated in his OP

Fri May 10, 2013 10:54 am

Angry Man wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

If you really believe such crap then you should take a good hard look at yourself FFS!!!! Gwyneth is a f*cking liar and he's doing this to divert from the crap he stated in his OP

Polo told me a few things at the bolton game, which i can not repeat on here due to your legal team who are still chasing me and there other forum names you was taking to court :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 am

Yes, Cardiff has huge potential -just like most clubs going upwards to the prem.The argument is every club has potential (remember the dungeon days?) but let's not forget the honours Everton have won or competed in.It's taken YEARS to achieve..

Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:

Cloud Cuckoo land !!!!

^ This