EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

Postby azz_ccfc » Fri May 10, 2013 11:27 am

I believe Malky will stay with us; for a number of reasons.

Firstly he seems to have a strong relationship with the board and directors.

Secondly Moyes will be leaving Everton without his backroom staff and will have to work with the coaching staff which are present at Man Utd; which I cant see being released by the Utd board. Thus, the issue which arises will Malky be able to take his backroom staff with him.

Finally, Malky is further progressing his footballing project at Cardiff, something which he hasn't been able to do at Watford, due to a number of reasons. I believe Malky would like to build upon that and wouldn't want to leave.

Whilst Everton is an established premiership club with a strong history; Cardiff are also a premiership club which is building its own history and I am sure Malky would like to be part of it, and stay with the club for the right reasons.
azz_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby jackf » Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 am

azz_ccfc wrote:I believe Malky will stay with us; for a number of reasons.

Firstly he seems to have a strong relationship with the board and directors.

Secondly Moyes will be leaving Everton without his backroom staff and will have to work with the coaching staff which are present at Man Utd; which I cant see being released by the Utd board. Thus, the issue which arises will Malky be able to take his backroom staff with him.

Finally, Malky is further progressing his footballing project at Cardiff, something which he hasn't been able to do at Watford, due to a number of reasons. I believe Malky would like to build upon that and wouldn't want to leave.

Whilst Everton is an established premiership club with a strong history; Cardiff are also a premiership club which is building its own history and I am sure Malky would like to be part of it, and stay with the club for the right reasons.

Look cut all that crap if Everton offer more money he will go to a bigger club. End of chat. All the rest matters not one little bit.
Swansea city represpenting wales in the premier league.
jackf

Postby Blueboys1927 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Are they bigger than us in potential, I think not, obviously biased but if you look at the figures and facts we have far more potential.

No one can question their history or record, but the fact is they have an antiquated stadium, I believe their catchment area has possibly shrunk rather than expanded, and they have never attracted fans from out of the area on the scale that Liverpool do.

They are well run partly because it has to be that way, there is not the huge billionaire backing present as in lot's of the Premiership clubs, us included, and sometimes when your luck turns bad and you haven't found or turned out a few bargain basement players as well as you'd hoped for and you need to pay top dollar to stop the rot, they don't have that choice.

I think Malky will want to stay here for lot's of reasons, and it would take a bigger club than Everton to attract him away from what is possible with us.

:malky: :malky: :malky:
Everton are massively bigger than us, they have a core support week in and week out of approx 40,000 and a huge history
Blueboys1927

Postby honestcadiff » Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm

If Cardiff tumbled down the leagues we'd go back to 4/5 thousand

Everton, on the other hand, would still get 30k

There lies the difference. They have real supporters.... we have consumers who will drop Cardiff like a stone
honestcadiff

Postby Bluebird since 1948 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Priceless - Embarrassing and ridiculous. FFS we are a small club, why do people think or want us to be huge?? I take pride in the fact we are a small club playing the top league. We have potential to be b

Wednesday, Leeds and Forest all bigger teams than us. Think some of you forget we regularly had crowds of 3k in the fourth division against the likes of Lincoln not too long ago.
Bluebird since 1948

Postby Ramstein blue » Fri May 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Priceless - Embarrassing and ridiculous. FFS we are a small club, why do people think or want us to be huge?? I take pride in the fact we are a small club playing the top league. We have potential to be b

Wednesday, Leeds and Forest all bigger teams than us. Think some of you forget we regularly had crowds of 3k in the fourth division against the likes of Lincoln not too long ago.

Spot on! Inj the grand scheme of things we have done sod all in football in the last 100years, and now we have fans strutting around giving it the big 'un! In reality we are in the top 3 favs for the drop next season, and we will still be one of the favs for the drop come sept 1st when the transfer window has shut
Ramstein blue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Fri May 10, 2013 3:56 pm

f**k me why do people think we're bigger than everyone? :lol:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby cardiffT » Fri May 10, 2013 4:09 pm

they've got no money, they are a big club though. we on the other hand are a smaller club with lots of money to spend. if i was a manager i know which job i'd rather take.
cardiffT

Postby bluebirdowen » Fri May 10, 2013 4:12 pm

CAN I HAVE A PINT OF WHAT GWYN IS DRINKING PLEASE :roll:
bluebirdowen

Postby Angry Man » Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 pm

cardiffT wrote:they've got no money, they are a big club though. we on the other hand are a smaller club with lots of money to spend. if i was a manager i know which job i'd rather take.

QPR had lots to spend and look where they are!!!
Angry Man

Postby llan bluebird » Sun May 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Watching MOTD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
llan bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm

" MALKY SPEAKS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME/REGARDING THE EVERTON JOB "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112931
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BigGwynram » Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:f**k me why do people think we're bigger than everyone? :lol:

If you read the OP properly, you will see I haven't said we were, what I have said is we have the potential now to become a big club, and a lot of us have been saying this for years and not just Cardiff fans, we have under performed for a lifetime considering the area and size of population we can call on, plus the Capital City and almost unique background of being welsh in an English League and attracting world wide interest from many people with welsh links.

Things are finally in place to see if we can live up to that potential, and surely that's all part of being a Cardiff fan, or just a football fan for that matter, without ambition and dreams, what the f**k we all doing here. :old:
BigGwynram

Postby Blue_Always » Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 am

honestcadiff wrote:If Cardiff tumbled down the leagues we'd go back to 4/5 thousand

Everton, on the other hand, would still get 30k

There lies the difference. They have real supporters.... we have consumers who will drop Cardiff like a stone

Unfortunately correct. Our hardcore can much anyones but we've loads of hangers on at present.
For I could not love you,But still my love was BLUE,And when no hope was left in sight,On that starry, starry night,You took my life, as tyrants often do.But I could have told you, Vincent,This world was meant for one,As beautiful as BLUE.
Blue_Always

Postby oriss » Tue May 14, 2013 2:44 am

Look lads I'm a neutral with no axe to grind one way or another. i have to say I have viewed some post with disbelief. Everton are one of the giants of English football one of only a handfull of clubs to average over 50,000 fans in a season, up until shankley the premier club of mersyside. Then we have Cardiff City hardly an outstanding record of top flight seasons, infact I suspect more time spent in the third and fourth levels of pro football (not being cardiff I can't confirm this) with probs a lot of sub 5,6 thousand averages. Come on lads keep it real learn to walk before you try and run.
Let me tell you a cautionary tale. My team for my sins is the Boro. yes don't laugh!. But consider this we are never mentioned as being a big club. However, Fact we have played 60 seasons of top flight fooball Fact we are the 16 best support club in English football historically. Beating such clubs as Forest, Sheff U, Derby and Liecester and others that habitually are spouted as (potentially big clubs) I think we have a higher single season average than all thoses with the poss exeption of Sheff U. In our last stint in the top flight we spent eleven seasons with average seasonal crowds ranging from 34,000 to 28,000 most of them 30k+ hardly small time. Here's the kicker one major bad decision from our chairman after a losing Euro trophy final and we are on a downward spiral to oblivion, relegation and dwindling crowds. All in the space of 5 or so years and we are now the fogotten club of English football, so like I say learn to walk before making outlandish statements.
Good luck anyway for the comming campaign.

And the calamitous mistake commited by Messers Gibson, Appointing G Southgate a novice manager after
Mr Mclaren left. I do belive we could have carried on to greater heights if a quality manager had be sought and appointed.

Up the Boro.
oriss

Postby waddle » Tue May 14, 2013 10:25 am

potential :lol:
why don't you try realism oh then again that would mean living in the real world , what is this thing with a large number of cardiff fans that you have to be seen as a "big" club
potentially anything can happen , realistically it won't
Zaha and Nooney will be giving Rangel and Davies nightmares after Saturday

superkev talking bollocks yet again swansea 3 reds 0 8/2/14
waddle

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am

waddle wrote:potential :lol:
why don't you try realism oh then again that would mean living in the real world , what is this thing with a large number of cardiff fans that you have to be seen as a "big" club

We had over 50,000 twice at NP. Have you guys ever achieved that?
Bakedalasker

Postby waddle » Tue May 14, 2013 10:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

when ?
Zaha and Nooney will be giving Rangel and Davies nightmares after Saturday

superkev talking bollocks yet again swansea 3 reds 0 8/2/14
waddle

Postby Mario Polotelli » Thu May 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Whats this got to do with Swansea, Wobble?

Thought you only posted on Swansea threads??
Mario Polotelli

Postby j.m2672 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:32 am

cardiffT wrote:they've got no money, they are a big club though. we on the other hand are a smaller club with lots of money to spend. if i was a manager i know which job i'd rather take.

they have plenty of money to spend , the difference is they dont throw it away on crap, if you have lots of money why is it reported you have only been given 25 million,i 'm pretty sure everton will be spending that no problem. "if you were the manager you know which club you would pick" (red tinted glasses i think)
j.m2672

Postby murphy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:31 pm

waddle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

when ?

1950's
murphy

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:34 pm

murphy wrote:
waddle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

when ?

1950's

1971/2 against Real Madrid and Leeds Utd.
Bakedalasker

Previous

Return to General Chat