EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BigGwynram » Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Are they bigger than us in potential, I think not, obviously biased but if you look at the figures and facts we have far more potential.

No one can question their history or record, but the fact is they have an antiquated stadium, I believe their catchment area has possibly shrunk rather than expanded, and they have never attracted fans from out of the area on the scale that Liverpool do.

They are well run partly because it has to be that way, there is not the huge billionaire backing present as in lot's of the Premiership clubs, us included, and sometimes when your luck turns bad and you haven't found or turned out a few bargain basement players as well as you'd hoped for and you need to pay top dollar to stop the rot, they don't have that choice.

I think Malky will want to stay here for lot's of reasons, and it would take a bigger club than Everton to attract him away from what is possible with us.

:malky: :malky: :malky:
BigGwynram

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

Postby Andysince76 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Sorry Gwyn, they are massively bigger than us, I love your passion though. :malky:
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby Barry Chuckle » Thu May 09, 2013 5:28 pm

:lol: Everton are MASSIVELY bigger than us.
Barry Chuckle

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Thu May 09, 2013 5:34 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Are they bigger than us in potential, I think not, obviously biased but if you look at the figures and facts we have far more potential.

No one can question their history or record, but the fact is they have an antiquated stadium, I believe their catchment area has possibly shrunk rather than expanded, and they have never attracted fans from out of the area on the scale that Liverpool do.

They are well run partly because it has to be that way, there is not the huge billionaire backing present as in lot's of the Premiership clubs, us included, and sometimes when your luck turns bad and you haven't found or turned out a few bargain basement players as well as you'd hoped for and you need to pay top dollar to stop the rot, they don't have that choice.

I think Malky will want to stay here for lot's of reasons, and it would take a bigger club than Everton to attract him away from what is possible with us.

Jesus :lol:
scott_w_ccfc

Postby ihatealiens » Thu May 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Historically they are bigger than us yes but potentially we could be far bigger in the long run. New Stadium, soon to be new training grounds, billionaire owner and therefore far higher financial clout than Everton and a much bigger catchment area for fans so the sky's the limit for us :ayatollah:
This Roath character is a cancer on this forum and should be removed before he destroys it.
ihatealiens

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:41 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Are they bigger than us in potential, I think not, obviously biased but if you look at the figures and facts we have far more potential.

Cloud Cuckoo land !!!!
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Andysince76 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:42 pm

I disagree aliens, in my lifetime they have won championships and cups, historical yes, but we would need 10 plus years of success to really be mentioned in the same breath as them.
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby castleblue » Thu May 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Everton have been ever present in the top tier of the English pyramid sytem for the 51 years since we last played there. During that time the honours achieved are;

4 League Titles
1 League Runners Up
3 FA Cup wins
5 FA Cup Runners Up
2 Football League Cup Wins
1 European Cup Winners Cup Win
7 Charity Shield Wins
1 Charity Shield Runners Up
2 FA Youth Cup Wins
4 FA Youth Cup Runners Up.

When it comes to potential Everton would be my choice as a club in comparison to Cardiff City, more likely to win or be runners up in any competition next season, indeed I would say they have more potential for more than a couple of years.

If they do come calling for MM, and in my opinion it's unlikely, but if they do and MM asks himself the "Potential" question for me he will come to the obvious answer.

Everton are a bigger club than Cardiff and are unlikely to be involved in a survival battle next season and much more likely to win a trophy.

So if they do come calling it's bye bye Malkay in my opinion and who could blame him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
castleblue

Postby Wayne S » Thu May 09, 2013 5:54 pm

This is the sort of talk we need if we hope to go into the Premier League and be able to hold onto our best players and our manager.

The Welsh are fantastic at belittling and undermining their own. We are miserable sods. If we play little we'll be treated little. Swansea lost managers to the behemoth that is Wigan and again to a team in their own league.

If we want to be a nursery club for others or bend over and let clubs take our managers we just need to sit back and settle for our lot.

We may not be similar to Everton now but you can put together an argument that would make people, at least, THINK we have a chance of equalling them.

It's obvious they are a bigger club, but the potential argument can be made.
Wayne S

Postby ihatealiens » Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

fans may feel differently about this in the coming months once they see we are almost debt free on the balance sheet. Langstone will be gone No more pmg loads of foreign investment and far east interest big plans for a training centre etc etc compare that to Everton a club with a massive debt burden a stadium out of the ark and will now be in turmoil with Moyes taking most of his backroom staff and no doubt the best players with him to Old Trafford, no brainer for me. Malky wont be going anywhere. :ayatollah:
This Roath character is a cancer on this forum and should be removed before he destroys it.
ihatealiens

Postby colours » Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Some of these quotes are priceless
Take your head from your backside gwyn ffs
colours

Postby Andysince76 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:05 pm

And here's a jack to spoil any reasonable debate. :sleepy2: Oh about our club. Cardiff City.
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm

What the feck!! :lol: :lol:

I have to say, Gwyn that is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard a fellow City supporter make :lol:

Everton are a fecking massive club, we will take 10 years of winning trophies to get close to them
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby Wayne S » Thu May 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Everton are a fecking massive club, we will take 10 years of winning trophies to get close to them

Depends what you mean by close? If you mean to catch up in trophies won and history gained then, yes, it will take a long time and probably not happen, but we are now in the same league and as Swansea have proved you can put together a solid season than nearly matches both spouse clubs. At the moment Swansea are in Europe the others are not.

Potential for growth is a TOTALLY different thing to historical results. Just due to the fact that we are so far behind we have more potential for growth. Everton haven't "grown" in years.
Last edited by Wayne S on Thu May 09, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne S

Postby JonCCFC » Thu May 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Wow, just wow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JonCCFC

Postby ToadBalls » Thu May 09, 2013 6:14 pm

What a ridiculous statement.

They are bigger and better than us in every way. If you think we have the potential to finish in the top 5-6 anytime soon, you are delusional.
ToadBalls

Postby Sven » Thu May 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Everton are a huge team with a richer history than ours, Gwyn :ayatollah:

Would take a fair few years to be classed as 'bigger' and even then only in relative terms :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Wayne S » Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Everton are a huge team with a richer history than ours, Gwyn :ayatollah:

Would take a fair few years to be classed as 'bigger' and even then only in relative terms :ayatollah:

As long as people do not mistake 'big in size' with 'big in potential'. You could say Everton have reached their potential without further investment, you cannot say the same about us.

NO ONE is saying we are bigger than Everton...... Well I hope not. :lol:
Wayne S

Postby BigGwynram » Thu May 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Andysince76 wrote:I disagree aliens, in my lifetime they have won championships and cups, historical yes, but we would need 10 plus years of success to really be mentioned in the same breath as them.

Missed the point, of course they bigger than us, they have a great proud history, but potentially and ignoring the past, we are open to bigger and better things, and have more things in our favour, just as others have said, stadium training ground catchment are and financial backing.

How many times they been to Wembley in the last five years :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:
BigGwynram

Postby Beech1927 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Got to be a windup :) , surely got to be a windup :? , tell us it's a windup :shock: . :laughing5:
"We come from the valley's where the grass is green"
Beech1927

Postby BigGwynram » Thu May 09, 2013 6:31 pm

castleblue wrote:Everton have been ever present in the top tier of the English pyramid sytem for the 51 years since we last played there. During that time the honours achieved are;

4 League Titles
1 League Runners Up
3 FA Cup wins
5 FA Cup Runners Up
7 Charity Shield Wins
2 FA Youth Cup Wins

When it comes to potential Everton would be my choice as a club in comparison to Cardiff City, more likely to win or be runners up in any competition next season, indeed I would say they have more potential for more than a couple of years.

If they do come calling for MM, and in my opinion it's unlikely, but if they do and MM asks himself the "Potential" question for me he will come to the obvious answer.

Everton are a bigger club than Cardiff and are unlikely to be involved in a survival battle next season and much more likely to win a trophy.

So if they do come calling it's bye bye Malkay in my opinion and who could blame him.

The point I was making is are they a bigger club than us in potential ??????
BigGwynram

Postby MillarFromTheHalfWayLine » Thu May 09, 2013 6:32 pm

I agree with Gwyn, and think that people have (maybe on purpose) taken what he is saying out of context.

:ayatollah:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine

Postby Aisle116 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Gwyn,

Your not a 100 miles away M8, If I got this right you are talking about potential.

Yes Cardiff City have potential but it would take more than a few years in the Prem to be regarded as bigger than Everton.

Moyes has done magic there and a new manager could see them slip.

We have a large area to attract fans and we could fill a 35,000 stadium most games in the Prem, what we need to do is get the kids involved as a kid in the Rhondda there was only one team Cardiff City now there shirts from Utd, Liverpool, Gonners, Yids & Man City.

Lets not take 10 years to change them to Cardiff City shirts, red or blue don't matter as long as they are Cardiff City.
My passion is not for the colour but the club
Aisle116

Postby DamnRightIveGotTheBlues » Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Everton are undeniably a bigger club than us.

However, I don't see Malky leaving us for them for the following reasons:

Where would Malky (or whoever their new manager will be) be expected to take them?
Win the title? Obviously not.
Champions League qualification? Its possible but very unlikely.
Everton are well known for not having any budget to speak of. They also don't have European football as a draw.

Whereas at CCFC Malky is already loved by the fans, he has already made history and has potential to make even more history. He has, as far as we're aware, a great working relationship with Tan and therefore as much financial backing as he requires (realistically). He also has a young squad which, for the most part, he has built himself.

No one could begrudge a young manager a move to one of the "top 6" clubs, but I personally don't see the need for Malky to leave for Everton, other than the status of managing one of England's famous clubs.
DamnRightIveGotTheBlues

Postby BigGwynram » Thu May 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:What the feck!! :lol: :lol:

I have to say, Gwyn that is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard a fellow City supporter make :lol:

Everton are a fecking massive club, we will take 10 years of winning trophies to get close to them

People must have misread the post, I asked are they a bigger club than us in potential??? i.e. in the forthcoming future.

If you were in Malky's position, which would you choose, and without Bias I would stay with Cardiff because I think we potetailly have more scope to improve and help his CV, going to Everton with the restrictions he would be under plus the pressure would in my eyes be a backward move.

Yes there are lot's of clubs bigger and with a great track record who have far more potential to improve even more from the position they are in, and without doubt there will be six or so almost untouchable teams in the Prem in years to come, and whilst I do have a soft spot for Everton, I can't see them being one of them, they are punching well above their weight and unless they get a huge financial backer and cash injection, I honestly believe they will struggle.

David Moyes has done a great job, but he's gone, will the next manager be able to continue that job without substantial backing, and will the fans and board support him if he doesn't?? :roll:
BigGwynram

Postby redordead » Thu May 09, 2013 6:46 pm

If we can establish ourselves in the premier and get the stadium expansion complete there's no reason we can't be bigger than Everton.
redordead

Postby bluecityblue » Thu May 09, 2013 6:51 pm

EVERTON CARDIFF
They have got very rich shareholders but they just will not spend it. I have a few scouse Everton fans and It's very frustrating for them because they know there are £millions and £millions going somewhere but not on players. I suggested maybe the riddler is a silent partner :D. They are a very well run club but don't think Malky stands a chance of that job just yet. Martinez I reckon. Wigan, now there is a club no bigger than us.
bluecityblue

Postby murphy » Thu May 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Even if Everton never win another trophy, I doubt very much we'll ever match their honours.
murphy

Postby kingdong » Thu May 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Everton are a huge compared to us.
kingdong

Postby castleblue » Thu May 09, 2013 7:04 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
castleblue wrote:Everton have been ever present in the top tier of the English pyramid sytem for the 51 years since we last played there. During that time the honours achieved are;

4 League Titles
1 League Runners Up
3 FA Cup wins
5 FA Cup Runners Up
7 Charity Shield Wins
2 FA Youth Cup Wins

The point I was making is are they a bigger club than us in potential ??????

I understand that Gwyn but in my opinion managers, like players, want to win things and again in my opinion Everton have more potential to win trophies than we do.

On that basis if they do come calling, and I don't think they will, but if they do MM will go. Just my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
castleblue

Next

Return to General Chat