EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: EVERTON NO BIGGER THAN US

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Andysince76 wrote:Sorry Gwyn, they are massively bigger than us, I love your passion though. :malky:

Without a doubt they are.
You could not even compare their fan base with ours, home or away. Maybe in 20 years we might be bigger than them, were catching up, but weve got a long way to go.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 09, 2013 7:08 pm

castleblue wrote:Everton have been ever present in the top tier of the English pyramid sytem for the 51 years since we last played there. During that time the honours achieved are;

4 League Titles
1 League Runners Up
3 FA Cup wins
5 FA Cup Runners Up
2 Football League Cup Wins
1 European Cup Winners Cup Win
7 Charity Shield Wins
1 Charity Shield Runners Up
2 FA Youth Cup Wins
4 FA Youth Cup Runners Up.

When it comes to potential Everton would be my choice as a club in comparison to Cardiff City, more likely to win or be runners up in any competition next season, indeed I would say they have more potential for more than a couple of years.

If they do come calling for MM, and in my opinion it's unlikely, but if they do and MM asks himself the "Potential" question for me he will come to the obvious answer.

Everton are a bigger club than Cardiff and are unlikely to be involved in a survival battle next season and much more likely to win a trophy.

So if they do come calling it's bye bye Malkay in my opinion and who could blame him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on as usual Gary. :ayatollah:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Overthemoon » Thu May 09, 2013 7:12 pm

colours wrote:Some of these quotes are priceless
Take your head from your backside gwyn ffs

You need to have a word with Leighton James as well then, because he said on BBC Radio Wales earlier, that Swansea were no smaller than Everton! :)
Bartley the Bluebird sat down and scratched his head, he used to have a blue shirt on, but now it's turned to red!
Overthemoon

Postby Blazing Saddles » Thu May 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Just like Liverpool, Everton are a team with a history and not much of a future and we are embarking on a journey which will show that over the next few seasons that we are much bigger than Everton. We are representing a city which is the fastest growing capital in Europe whilst Everton represent a small part of a little English city / town.

We are growing ........Everton will be lucky to stagnate. Cardiff City will indeed be bigger than Everton and very soon. :malky: :old:
Blazing Saddles

Postby llan bluebird » Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Gwyn, Agree with you , how can any club playing in BLUE be bigger than a team in RED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One reason they are bigger than us.... Tan Sri Dato' Seri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun Vrs Bill Kenwright.....

Malky knows when we lose 4 games in a row he is gone............. Kenwright backs his manager.

IMO Martinez all the way, we spent the most and ground out unattractive results.
llan bluebird

Postby 6 bysedd » Thu May 09, 2013 7:23 pm

You haven't kicked a ball up here yet and you think you're bigger than Everton :lol: :lol: You couldn't make it up unless you're name is Gwyn :thumbup:
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby Black-Swan » Thu May 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Another thread of amazing ridiculousness, a theme happening here all too often. It's like you guys are trying to convince yourself. Just enjoy it and try to stay up, this bollocks is making you look stupid.

"Potential"... Potential for what?
Black-Swan

Postby Andysince76 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Jacks, keep out it's our debate, amongst Cardiff City fans.
Gwyn I used to feel like like you, however, I was sadly wrong, when we first got to the championship/div 1 after 20 years in the doldrums I thought we'd sell Ninian out most weeks, we never got close until the cup final. We will, in my opinion need 10 or 20 years to even get close to Everton who average 30 odd thousand.
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby CityGent » Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Black-Swan wrote:Another thread of amazing ridiculousness, a theme happening here all too often. It's like you guys are trying to convince yourself. Just enjoy it and try to stay up, this bollocks is making you look stupid.

It's an opinion, and if you bother reading the factors surrounding it instead of your usual condescending twattish self then you might learn something
CityGent

Postby All Black Everything. » Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Everton are a small club. Not even the biggest club in Merseyside. We are the biggest club in South Wales. Anyone thinking Everton are a bigger club than us is deluded. Everton is not even a capital city. Their biggest claim to fame is being named after a type of mint.

Small club, fans who can barely even speak English and they wear inferior blue and have a shit symbol.

Our dragon and bluebird will piss all over their parade. They are also only going to get smaller. Baines will probably follow Moyes out of the door as will Fellaini.

Malky needs to be careful. Hes a Championship manager on a proven basis. How many Everton players will give him a chance if he moves? Many key players may demand transfers and he could be left with a sinking ship as key players leave and then have a hard task of not only bringing in replacements but also replacements that meet the fans expectations. A big task indeed.
GrangeEndStar wrote:'Joachim, you will never bileef vot ze jack-unt-ratboy scum haff in zer Uber-Slum? Ze filthy gypo schweinhunds only haff ze house zat looks like ze Fuehrer. Gott In Himmel. Gass zem all at vunce!!"

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
All Black Everything.

Postby Andysince76 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:03 pm

[quote="All Black Everything."]Everton are a small club. Not even the biggest club in Merseyside. We are the biggest club in South Wales. Anyone thinking Everton are a bigger club than us is deluded. Everton is not even a capital city. Their biggest claim to fame is being named after a type of mint.

Small club, fans who can barely even speak English and they wear inferior blue and have a shit symbol.

Our dragon and bluebird will piss all over their parade. They are also only going to get smaller.

Am I missing some irony, if so apologies, if not you can have a :roll:
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby Black-Swan » Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 pm

CityGent wrote:
Black-Swan wrote:Another thread of amazing ridiculousness, a theme happening here all too often. It's like you guys are trying to convince yourself. Just enjoy it and try to stay up, this bollocks is making you look stupid.

It's an opinion, and if you bother reading the factors surrounding it instead of your usual condescending twattish self then you might learn something

Yes I know it is. It's a crazy one. It's like me saying nathan dyer has the potential to be better than messi and hiding behind "it's an opinion".

I read the reasons as was equally astounded. It has a similar air to it as your we will blow everything you have achieved out of the water as its based something that MAY happen regardless of the probablility. But I do see many other clubs fans do it. I don't see planetswans full of "we are no smaller than Man United" then backed up with if we win the champions league loads of times and win the title loads we will be massive.

It's infantile. everton have been an ever present in the top flight for 50 odd years, Cardiff haven't even been there in 50 odd years. It's this delusion of grandeur that has seen you stripped of your identity so easily as you pander to anyone who matches your delusions even at the cost of the clubs heritage.

This "tan is a billionaire so we have more financial clout" is baffling too. It's not your money, it's his. You have a worse transfer budget by quite a distance that Southampton had this year and probably the same as what we will have. We aren't shouting frommt the roof tops that we are going to be champions league contenders. It's just crazy, it really is.
Black-Swan

Postby Andysince76 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Gwyn mate, you really put this one on a silver platter for the jacks, it was bereft of them and quite nice earlier.
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby Kingyccfc » Thu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Andysince76 wrote:Jacks, keep out it's our debate, amongst Cardiff City fans.
Gwyn I used to feel like like you, however, I was sadly wrong, when we first got to the championship/div 1 after 20 years in the doldrums I thought we'd sell Ninian out most weeks, we never got close until the cup final. We will, in my opinion need 10 or 20 years to even get close to Everton who average 30 odd thousand.

With all due respect mate loads of clubs could pull 30 odd thousand crowds in the prem.
Cardiff will get 35 k crowds if they sustain in the next 2 years. So yes they will be just as big a pull as Everton. To the outsider this sounds crazy.Success in this region has not been seen for a long time so we would not be recognised properly as a big club yet.
In regards to Evertons history over ours. No argument there.
History has its place for some fans for bragging rights and banter,but really its not that important.
Liverpool and Everton cling onto their great history without looking at the present. Some of these clubs are standing still or even shrinking in size.
So the word POTENTIAL needs to be really thought about here. Gwyns comments are not as crazy as some people may think.
Kingyccfc

Postby CityGent » Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Black-Swan wrote:
CityGent wrote:

Yes I know it is. It's a crazy one. It's like me saying nathan dyer has the potential to be better than messi and hiding behind "it's an opinion".

I read the reasons as was equally astounded. It has a similar air to it as your we will blow everything you have achieved out of the water as its based something that MAY happen regardless of the probablility. But I do see many other clubs fans do it. I don't see planetswans full of "we are no smaller than Man United" then backed up with if we win the champions league loads of times and win the title loads we will be massive.

It's infantile. everton have been an ever present in the top flight for 50 odd years, Cardiff haven't even been there in 50 odd years. It's this delusion of grandeur that has seen you stripped of your identity so easily as you pander to anyone who matches your delusions even at the cost of the clubs heritage.

This "tan is a billionaire so we have more financial clout" is baffling too. It's not your money, it's his. You have a worse transfer budget by quite a distance that Southampton had this year and probably the same as what we will have. We aren't shouting frommt the roof tops that we are going to be champions league contenders. It's just crazy, it really is.

More verbal diarrhoea

According to your clueless gibberish we haven't got any potential, no money to spend(it's his money not ours), we're not as equipped as you were going up, and we're definitely coming back down

You were the same c.unt that predicted Leicester would be champions this season, and you also know for sure that we've only got exactly 25m to spend(because VT pulled that figure out of the sky).

You disagree with everything about Cardiff City. Just like you always have. f*cking muppet.

We're here to prove shitcunts like you wrong, and we'll enjoy it
CityGent

Postby Black-Swan » Thu May 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:

With all due respect mate loads of clubs could pull 30 odd thousand crowds in the prem.
Cardiff will get 35 k crowds if they sustain in the next 2 years. So yes they will be just as big a pull as Everton. To the outsider this sounds crazy.Success in this region has not been seen for a long time so we would not be recognised properly as a big club yet.
History has its place for some fans for bragging rights and banter,but really its not that important.
Liverpool and Everton cling onto their great history without looking at the present. Some of these clubs are standing still or even shrinking in size.
So the word POTENTIAL needs to be really thought about here. Gwyns comments are not as crazy as some people may think.

So you are saying your could match their attendances if you extended the ground and stayed up a number of years. That doesn't mean you will be e same sized club though will it? If you go to sign a player and so do everton do you really think a player will look at both attendances and say "no difference, I don't mind where I go". Attendances mean naff all. We are talking pennies in premier league terms. The difference in revenue for someone having 25k and 35k attendances, after tax is about £3.5 million.
Black-Swan

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu May 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Out of interest, what is the measure for the size of a football club?
Carpe Diem

Postby CityGent » Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Out of interest, what is the measure for the size of a football club?

Don't mention bigger crowds

He'll bring his Newcastle v Liverpool big guns out

tw*t
CityGent

Postby Barry Chuckle » Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Potential or current, we are certainly NOT bigger than Everton.

Why are we even talking like this? Our club has one aim next season. That's 17th. I think some of us are in for a massive shock.

I'm amazed that moderators are able to abuse other members for not agreeing with them either.
Barry Chuckle

Postby eddiep » Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

What Gwyn is on about is potential

Potentially we could be big
Potentially we could stay in prem
Potentially we could do a 'Swan' dive back down.

Thats potential.

Reality is, Everton are far bigger than CCFC in stature, support and tropheys.

Potential will only be realised if everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Black-Swan - what is your problem with people with a glass half full mentality. Is it so crazy that a fan(s) of 1 club in an area with around 1,000,000 people can have a view that potentially they could be a big club?
We have a potential fan base bigger than wolves, west brom, fulham, wigan, reading, sheff wed, sheff utd, notts forest, leicester, derby, reading, norwich, qpr, sunderland, swansea, stoke, hull, palace, watford, bolton, blackburn, brighton etc etc etc. Dare i say top 10(ish) in this category?!?
That means f**k all without follow through on potential though.

Stop trying to turn the show into your superior view that we are all deluded self obsessed CCFC fans.
We are real and we have had more downs than ups to keep our feet on the ground.

A bit of positivity from one of our own on our own forum - only for me to read your moralistic one eyed bullshit - you are the one with the problems
f**k off to your own sites mush
:ayatollah:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby castleblue » Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm

CityGent wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Out of interest, what is the measure for the size of a football club?

Don't mention bigger crowds

He'll bring his Newcastle v Liverpool big guns out

tw*t

City Gent it's roath tragic just put him on ignore it will work wonders.

Trust me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
castleblue

Postby Black-Swan » Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm

CityGent wrote:
Black-Swan wrote:
CityGent wrote:

More verbal diarrhoea

According to your clueless gibberish we haven't got any potential, no money to spend(it's his money not ours), we're not as equipped as you were going up, and we're definitely coming back down

You were the same c.unt that predicted Leicester would be champions this season, and you also know for sure that we've only got exactly 25m to spend(because VT pulled that figure out of the sky).

You disagree with everything about Cardiff City. Just like you always have. f*cking muppet.

No, according to my gibberish you have got some potential, no more than a lot of others. You have £25m to spend which is not a massive budget.

There is nothing to disagree with. You tell me you are bigger than Barca I will disagree, you tell me you are bigger than Brighton, I will agree.

To be proved wrong you first have to have an opinion, someone you fail to have or stand by. Do you still think you will finish top 10, qualify for Europe and win a major trophy on your first two years?
Black-Swan

Postby Bluemellons » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Everton are enormous.
We aren't.
60 years ago we might have equalled them but not any more.....probably never.
Bluemellons

Postby Kingyccfc » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Black-Swan wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:

So you are saying your could match their attendances if you extended the ground and stayed up a number of years. That doesn't mean you will be e same sized club though will it? If you go to sign a player and so do everton do you really think a player will look at both attendances and say "no difference, I don't mind where I go". Attendances mean naff all. We are talking pennies in premier league terms. The difference in revenue for someone having 25k and 35k attendances, after tax is about £3.5 million.

No but the difference would be better revenue streams through our investors and their plans overseas. Our wage structure will rise to match bigger clubs
Kingyccfc

Postby CityGent » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Potential or current, we are certainly NOT bigger than Everton.

Why are we even talking like this? Our club has one aim next season. That's 17th. I think some of us are in for a massive shock.

I'm amazed that moderators are able to abuse other members for not agreeing with them either.

f**k off and Mind your own business. I have my reasons
CityGent

Postby Barry Chuckle » Thu May 09, 2013 8:30 pm

How pleasant. :roll: No wonder some people don't like posting on here.
Barry Chuckle

Postby CityGent » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Black-Swan wrote:
CityGent wrote:
Black-Swan wrote:
CityGent wrote:

More verbal diarrhoea

No, according to my gibberish you have got some potential, no more than a lot of others. You have £25m to spend which is not a massive budget.

There is nothing to disagree with. You tell me you are bigger than Barca I will disagree, you tell me you are bigger than Brighton, I will agree.

To be proved wrong you first have to have an opinion, someone you fail to have or stand by. Do you still think you will finish top 10, qualify for Europe and win a major trophy on your first two years?

How many times have I got to tell this gibbering retard. You'll never learn your lesson will you
CityGent

Postby eddiep » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm

CityGent wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Potential or current, we are certainly NOT bigger than Everton.

Chuckle is a sour tw*t. I think he can find a negative in just about anything.

Yes - fuk off chuckle - your a fat mans giggle :malky:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby eddiep » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm

CityGent wrote:

Chuckle is a sour tw*t. I think he can find a negative in just about anything.

Yes - fuk off chuckle - your a fat mans giggle :malky:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby 6 bysedd » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm

A good indication of how big a club is if they go tumbling down the leagues and if they maintain their crowds.I'd say you have 15k die hards who would still turn up in League 1.We have about 12k.Everton would still have 30-40 thousand die hards where we're made up of half loyal fans and half plastic fans.You're way off anything like Everton and are getting carried away again.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat