Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Life is so cruel

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 am

I will be praying :(

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 am

Hope this little girl pulls through. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:56 am

Life is so cruel and we all pray that it doesn't happen to our own kids. So so vefy sad and my heart goes out to this poor family. Just give your own kids a hug and tell em you love them. :cry:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Please pass my thoughts and prayers on to this little girl and her family. I lost my dad to this awful disease last Oct and i have just heard that my brother in law whose only 46 has "a few days" to live from the same disease -all this puts a lot of other things in perspective.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 pm

So sorry to hear this, thoughts are with this little girl and her family.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 pm

My thoughts are with this brave little girl best wishes young Alice

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Cheers for all the lovely comments. My mrs will pass them on to Alice's mum.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 pm

miracles sometimes happen-

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:A few months ago my daughters best friends sister was diagnosed with cancer of the liver. Little Alice is 11 and from the most lovely fAmily. She has had an operation and chemo but today her parents have been told the awful news that treatment is being stopped. Basically a miracle is needed. Please say Prayer for little Alice tonight.

Just heard some fantastic news. Little Alice is due to be released from hospital next week having had a life changing liver transplant. She has had to endure chemo and months of pain. On several occasions consultants have said no more can be done but her parents have not taken no for an answer and one surgeon in Kings hospital was prepared to do the transplant. The op took place 3 weeks ago and she has amazed everyone with her progress. This little girl is a true fighter and hopefully she and her family can now move on with their lives. :malky:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Said a few words, like other posters have stated I hope a miracle does happen!!

Great news - so pleased for the family - :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :malky:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:Said a few words, like other posters have stated I hope a miracle does happen!!

Fantastic news :ayatollah: :malky: :old:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:

Cheers. There's still along way to go with anti-rejection drugs etc and her hair needs to grow back but the future looks so much brighter than a few months ago.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Good news.

Best wishes to her from the West :thumbright:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:58 pm

NJ73 wrote:Good news.

Cheers :thumbup:

Some things more important than football. This is one.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:59 pm

This has made my day :)

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Lamboy88 wrote:This has made my day :)

Its her big sisters 18th tomorrow. The best present ever and something that money can't buy.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm

good luck to her and her family :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Good news.

Cheers :thumbup:

Some things more important than football. This is one.

great news Wilts, remember reading this first time around and must say it broke my heart how cruel life is, hope now this brave little girl can enjoy life.

ps. happy birthday big sis :thumbup:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:11 pm

That's great news Gareth. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Your original post was heart wrenching at the time. But its fantastic to read such good news. Lets hope the good news keeps flowing for the family and the little one.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Great news that is mate,well done alice

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:25 pm

This is great to hear and has really made my evening. hope her recovery continues at pace and she is soon back to full health.
So miracles do sometimes happen.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Excellent news.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Some things in life we all sit back and ask why, this is one of them.

None of us ask to come into this world so as far as I am concerned we have a right to live it and to live an endured one. Having it cut short through pre-meditation or unknown occurrences is a right to ask why. Sadly we will never have an answer.

All we can do is pray for the girl and those close to her that they are strong in their support.

What's the point in prayer? Surely, if there is a god, he wouldn't let this happen in the first place. I would like to wish her all the best and hope that she stays strong for the fight

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 pm

My prayers are with you little one.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:54 pm

in my prayers.x

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Wow what fantastic news. Goes to show if you fight you can get. Made up :D

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:A few months ago my daughters best friends sister was diagnosed with cancer of the liver. Little Alice is 11 and from the most lovely fAmily. She has had an operation and chemo but today her parents have been told the awful news that treatment is being stopped. Basically a miracle is needed. Please say Prayer for little Alice tonight.

i cant pray.....as there can obviously be no god that can be this cruel.......from the bottom of my heart i hope she fights like hell.....so wishing that she wins her fight....x

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:32 pm

I posted this thread a fair few years ago. Alice is now 15 and has fought cancer twice with treatment including a liver transplant. Sadly her family received awful news last week. She now has lung cancer and its terminal.

A just giving website has been set up so she can complete a bucket list and have a few nice things before she passes away.

If anyone can donate (even if its 50p) please follow the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/Amazing-Alice- ... 1/?fref=ts

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Realy sorry to here this, will def put a few quid in on friday, make sure this post stays towards the top of the page