Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Life is so cruel

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 pm

A few months ago my daughters best friends sister was diagnosed with cancer of the liver. Little Alice is 11 and from the most lovely fAmily. She has had an operation and chemo but today her parents have been told the awful news that treatment is being stopped. Basically a miracle is needed. Please say Prayer for little Alice tonight.

Re: Life is so cruel

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:A few months ago my daughters best friends sister was diagnosed with cancer of the liver. Little Alice is 11 and from the most lovely fAmily. She has had an operation and chemo but today her parents have been told the awful news that treatment is being stopped. Basically a miracle is needed. Please say Prayer for little Alice tonight.

I knew as soon as I saw the title and the posters name, what it was going to say. I remember this being mentioned before because it really got me. So sad !!
Hopefully a miracle occurs :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Thoughts are with you little one.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 pm

It isnt nice when anyone has that horrible disease but 11 years old? Ffs

Miracles CAN happen so lets hope and pray it will in this instance.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 am

So sad, let's all hope for a Miracle :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 am

All the money the world has wasted on WMD's could have been spent on finding cures to this terrible illness, I hope she can recover it must be the hardest thing in the world for her mum and dad and family.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 am

Life is simple, not cruel.

We live on a lump of rock spinning around something that can kill all life in seconds. Unfortunately some of the human race can't take the radiation too well some can, some can't. Around 8 billion of us, think we'll get over it.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:50 am

Thoughts are with the family & lets hope for the best possible.
Such a cruel world.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:Life is simple, not cruel.

We live on a lump of rock spinning around something that can kill all life in seconds. Unfortunately some of the human race can't take the radiation too well some can, some can't. Around 8 billion of us, think we'll get over it.

What a ridiculous statement. Life is f*cking cruel. A young girl with her life ahead is close to death and you say life is simple. Try saying that to the young girls parents and sisters.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:16 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I seen the post awhile back so thoughts are with the little girl :(

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:A few months ago my daughters best friends sister was diagnosed with cancer of the liver. Little Alice is 11 and from the most lovely fAmily. She has had an operation and chemo but today her parents have been told the awful news that treatment is being stopped. Basically a miracle is needed. Please say Prayer for little Alice tonight.

So so sorry to hear Gareth.
Our prayers are with little Alice.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:55 am

Gareth, will you pass my sincere best wishes onto the family of this little girl.
And to the clown that said 'Life is simple' would you like to explain that to the 2 nephews and 1 neice who lost their father, to my mam who has to bury her son, and to me who has to bury his brother aged 53 who died last Monday life is CRUEL.

Stupid and insensetive statment.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:03 am

i hope that you never have to suffer the loss of a close one....go have a look in the mirror,next person diagnosed with a f*cking horrible life threatening disease may be the person yo u see in the reflection.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:04 am

sad news...

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 am

So, so sad.
I just told everyone in my house, and all would like to send their thoughts to little Alice.
Lets hope nature fights back.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 am

Had some bad news myself this week regarding health to a family member, life indeed can be very cruel!

My thoughts go out to all that are Close to little Alice

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 am

Terrible news. Can only imagine how I would feel. Makes me feel empty thinking of what her parents/family are going through.
Lets all pray for a miracle.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

What a ridiculous statement. Life is f*cking cruel. A young girl with her life ahead is close to death and you say life is simple. Try saying that to the young girls parents and sisters.

I have to agree the statement is a little stupid. What I think WtW was trying to say is that life is a lottery and any decease can cut anyone down at anytime at any age.

But those attempted profound words don’t prove that life is 'simple' it just confirms that life is cruel.

Cancer is the cruelest decease of all especially when it affects children.

Like everyone else I hope a miracle does happen and happens soon.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I have to agree the statement is a little stupid. What I think WtW was trying to say is that life is a lottery and any decease can cut anyone down at anytime at any age.

But those attempted profound words don’t prove that life is 'simple' it just confirms that life is cruel.

i think we are all fully aware of what life can throw at us,but a little compassion doesnt go amiss :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am

Said a few words, like other posters have stated I hope a miracle does happen!!

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 am

You have a point in what you are saying, but with evolution of humans comes a really useful thing called tact, and sir you ain't got it.

My thoughts are go out to the Family at this time.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am

prayers sent mate

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 am

So so sad,

Miracles can happen mate

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:33 am

krabb wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

i think we are all fully aware of what life can throw at us,but a little compassion doesnt go amiss :ayatollah:

I don't disagree and I thought that was the point I was making. That said we might be aware of what life can throw at us but it is not until it happens that we become fully aware of its devastating impact.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 am

krabb wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I don't disagree and I thought that was the point I was making. That said we might be aware of what life can throw at us but it is not until it happens that we become fully aware of its devastating impact.

sorry,no offence mate :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:42 am

krabb wrote:
krabb wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

sorry,no offence mate :ayatollah:

No problem and don't worry about me its the poor little girl this thread is about.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 am

Been through it and most people will know others who have and are suffering or dying through this horrible disease.
My experiences have taught me to treasure life and make the most of it, don't waste time worrying about petty things, they aren't serious, try and keep things in perspective and enjoy the good times, because there are always bad times around the corner. :old:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 am

so sad, my thoughts are with her, Never give up hope!

all the scum bags on the streets and this happens to a sweet innocent child :cry:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 am

I held my dads hand as he died two weeks ago today to cancer, my dad was not in any pain or discomfit as he was on a lot of pain relief but to see him deteriorate and then slowly stop breathing is something that will live with me forever.. It's cruel on the whole family.. We have to except that we will lose are parents but never our children i have an 11 year old and even thinking he could be where my dad was is bringing me to tears.. I've sent a prayer for alice and her whole family

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:15 am

Some things in life we all sit back and ask why, this is one of them.

None of us ask to come into this world so as far as I am concerned we have a right to live it and to live an endured one. Having it cut short through pre-meditation or unknown occurrences is a right to ask why. Sadly we will never have an answer.

All we can do is pray for the girl and those close to her that they are strong in their support.