Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Life is so cruel

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Some things in life we all sit back and ask why, this is one of them.

None of us ask to come into this world so as far as I am concerned we have a right to live it and to live an endured one. Having it cut short through pre-meditation or unknown occurrences is a right to ask why. Sadly we will never have an answer.

All we can do is pray for the girl and those close to her that they are strong in their support.

So sad, my dad died of liver cancer but at 81 you can deal with it, 11 is just not fair or right for any family to have to deal with. I'm guessing a transplant is out of the equation....stories like this make you realise what's important in life.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Over 8 grand has been raised to help her achieve her bucket list. Only £1800 to go.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Will be donating Friday heartbreaking so sad god love her and her family

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:34 pm

krabb wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:Life is simple, not cruel.

We live on a lump of rock spinning around something that can kill all life in seconds. Unfortunately some of the human race can't take the radiation too well some can, some can't. Around 8 billion of us, think we'll get over it.

i hope that you never have to suffer the loss of a close one....go have a look in the mirror,next person diagnosed with a f*cking horrible life threatening disease may be the person yo u see in the reflection.

That's way worse than what he said tbd.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:50 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I posted this thread a fair few years ago. Alice is now 15 and has fought cancer twice with treatment including a liver transplant. Sadly her family received awful news last week. She now has lung cancer and its terminal.

A just giving website has been set up so she can complete a bucket list and have a few nice things before she passes away.

If anyone can donate (even if its 50p) please follow the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/Amazing-Alice- ... 1/?fref=ts

I will donate Gareth.

I lost my brother to cancer this year. I'm trying to understand it all. One minute he was a picture of health, the next day he is diagnosed as having throat cancer. We were told they thought they had caught it early enough to cut it out of him. He had 6 month therapy only to go under the operating table and discover another growth. The operation was cancelled to be told he had 3 months left. They got that bit right.

He passed away this April a month before a well deserved retirement. My brother died without pain though which I thank God for. For me and those close to him we still are trying to work it all out.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:11 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I posted this thread a fair few years ago. Alice is now 15 and has fought cancer twice with treatment including a liver transplant. Sadly her family received awful news last week. She now has lung cancer and its terminal.

A just giving website has been set up so she can complete a bucket list and have a few nice things before she passes away.

I will donate Gareth.

I lost my brother to cancer this year. I'm trying to understand it all. One minute he was a picture of health, the next day he is diagnosed as having throat cancer. We were told they thought they had caught it early enough to cut it out of him. He had 6 month therapy only to go under the operating table and discover another growth. The operation was cancelled to be told he had 3 months left. They got that bit right.

He passed away this April a month before a well deserved retirement. My brother died without pain though which I thank God for. For me and those close to him we still are trying to work it all out.

Sorry to hear that Ian. Life is unjust. To me if there was a god why does he let this happen?

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm not religious but I hope that things turn around for her some how. Too young.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I will donate Gareth.

Very sad to hear Baked, you have my sympathy.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:46 am

Thanks to all from here who've donated. They smashed their original target of £2500 within about a day. They upped the target to 10k and that was beaten last night. Hopefully they can make the young ladies last few months a memorable one filled with lots of memories.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:41 am

Just donated I hope Amazing Alice can use it to have the best time possible. Best wishes to a brave young lady.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:37 pm

So very very sad.
This morning I went you watch my daughters Christmas concert. She's 10 and attends Ty Gwyn Special School in Ely. She is severely disabled both in physically and mentally but, for all her troubles, is the happiest kid around. Most of the time she is healthy but alot of the kids at the school aren't and because of that I am extremely grateful for what I have got.
When I hear of little ones whose lives are cut unnecessarily short I become more appreciative of what I have got and will give her an extra cuddle tonight, cos there's plenty of parents out there who've had that pleasure taken away from them.

Keep fighting little Alice.