Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

That post by Eddie May's son

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:20 pm

There was a post from Eddie May's son a couple of months ago about us securing promotion against Charlton this Tuesday, which will be exactly 1 year and 1 day after Eddie May's death. Can anyone find that post? I remember Hudson scoring that goal the game after Eddie's death and people said Eddie's spirit carried that ball into the goal. It now seems like fate that the Charlton game will be the game we secure promotion. If we manage to get the job done Tuesday, I will be thinking of Eddie and thanking him for bringing me my first taste of success as a City fan all those years ago. :ayatollah:

Re: That post by Eddie May's son

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm

I didn't realise that, a very emotional experience that would be.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Has to be a certain time we can start chanting Eddie mays Barmy army?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm

That would be amazing

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:There was a post from Eddie May's son a couple of months ago about us securing promotion against Charlton this Tuesday, which will be exactly 1 year and 1 day after Eddie May's death. Can anyone find that post? I remember Hudson scoring that goal the game after Eddie's death and people said Eddie's spirit carried that ball into the goal. It now seems like fate that the Charlton game will be the game we secure promotion. If we manage to get the job done Tuesday, I will be thinking of Eddie and thanking him for bringing me my first taste of success as a City fan all those years ago. :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108135&p=1081311&hilit=eddie+may#p1081159 :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 pm

he was having difficulties obtaining access into the players lounge or something if i remember correctly?

would be sad if he was unable to celebrate what would be an emotional moment for him and his father had he still been with us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bless you Eddie. you will Never be forgotten :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:There was a post from Eddie May's son a couple of months ago about us securing promotion against Charlton this Tuesday, which will be exactly 1 year and 1 day after Eddie May's death. Can anyone find that post? I remember Hudson scoring that goal the game after Eddie's death and people said Eddie's spirit carried that ball into the goal. It now seems like fate that the Charlton game will be the game we secure promotion. If we manage to get the job done Tuesday, I will be thinking of Eddie and thanking him for bringing me my first taste of success as a City fan all those years ago. :ayatollah:

I hope we can all get a eddie mays barmy army going

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:38 pm

nobby wrote:

Thanks for finding that post, it will be emotional enough for me Tuesday anyway if we do it, but especially if we manage to do it against Eddie's home town club 1 year and 1 day after his death. I hope we do it and Eddie can look down on us smiling. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
nobby wrote:

Thanks for finding that post, it will be emotional enough for me Tuesday anyway if we do it, but especially if we manage to do it against Eddie's home town club 1 year and 1 day after his death. I hope we do it and Eddie can look down on us smiling. :ayatollah:

It certainly will be emotional, Eddie Mays Barmy Army. :ayatollah: