Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should we drop Chopra for the Leicester game?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I've been thinking about this since the Preston game and I think that it could be time to drop Chopra. He hasn't scored for a long time now (9 games?) and, essentially, that's a striker's job. Could it be that, with a 23 goal striker on the bench and hardly getting a look in, Chops is taking his place for granted? It seems that way to me

Re: Should we drop Chopra for the Leicester game?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:04 pm

no, the service has not been good enough, the boy will come good

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:08 pm

oh, and he's hit the woodwork 6 times

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Yeah, apart from that :lol:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Mcormack will play in midfield if Witts isnt fit on Sat ;)

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:17 pm

i dont think you can fault chops for effort or commitment, the effort he put in away at west brom and boro, when once again we dropped deeper and deeper the guy worked his nuts off, but i dont see any harm in giving him a game on the bench,and giving ross 90mins to prove a point to DJ, but dont think you can question his chops for attitude and work rate, one goal and he will score for fun and take us up :)

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:27 pm

milly44 wrote:i dont think you can fault chops for effort or commitment, the effort he put in away at west brom and boro, when once again we dropped deeper and deeper the guy worked his nuts off, but i dont see any harm in giving him a game on the bench,and giving ross 90mins to prove a point to DJ, but dont think you can question his chops for attitude and work rate, one goal and he will score for fun and take us up :)

No, I'd never question his work rate. This isn't Chopra bashing, just more of a query as to why we don't always use the squad we have at our disposal.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:37 pm

i agree with that, if ross doesnt play people cant moan when he turns around and says i want to leave for regular starts elsewhere.....i feel ross is to good not to be given a run in the side, and now may be a good time to freshen it all up a bit

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 pm

No, he is going to score two against Leicester. ;)