Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fans embracing red!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 am

Grange_Bluebird wrote:Said i wasn't going to take one, and i didn't. But i was shocked at the amount of people who did.

I think it's now safe to say after tonight's sea of red fans (apart from a couple of scarfs thrown on to the pitch) that Tan can now do whatever he want's with the club and there will be little resistance from supporters

Im dreading the summer of what else he might do

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 am

Cardiff City was formed in 1899 by Bristol born Bartley Wilson as a way of keeping players from the Riverside Cricket Club together and in shape during the winter months. The colours worn by the club were chocolate and amber quarters, quite unusual for the time

Do you think they moaned this much when they xhanged to blue?? Get over yourselves! Would you rather see your team in red and doing well both on and off the pitch or see them in blue possibly relegated and rending up like Portsmouth??? Does a colour really outweigh the positives???

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 am

Llanellicardifffan wrote:Cardiff City was formed in 1899 by Bristol born Bartley Wilson as a way of keeping players from the Riverside Cricket Club together and in shape during the winter months. The colours worn by the club were chocolate and amber quarters, quite unusual for the time

Do you think they moaned this much when they xhanged to blue?? Get over yourselves! Would you rather see your team in red and doing well both on and off the pitch or see them in blue possibly relegated and rending up like Portsmouth??? Does a colour really outweigh the positives???

You surely still don't believe that rubbish do you?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 am

Halifax93 wrote:Wore my blue with pride :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 am

Finally home from what must be one of my worst nights as a City supporter...

This whole scarf bollocks, I expected the family stand and maybe even the grandstand to embrace it. But I was not expecting to see a sea of red throughout the Canton and Ninian..

The atmosphere was f*cking dog wank tonight and all, but to be honest, I was in no mood for singing tonight.

before tonight, i was naive to think that there was more of us against this rebrand. I now realise I'm in a f*cking TINY minority!!!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 am

Llanellicardifffan wrote:Cardiff City was formed in 1899 by Bristol born Bartley Wilson as a way of keeping players from the Riverside Cricket Club together and in shape during the winter months. The colours worn by the club were chocolate and amber quarters, quite unusual for the time

Riverside was formed in 1899 and was not a professional team, in 1908 we changed to Cardiff city , a whopping 9 years wow , we were never a professional side as Riverside only in the amateur leagues a bit different don't you think :old:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 am

Re-read it, it doesn't say we were called riverside!

That's not my point anyway, the question I want people to answer is...., would they rather see us in red or see us dead??
Simple and obvious answer for me!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am

That says Cardiff City was formed , when Riverside was formed though ;) , anyway ,it was never Red or dead , do people actually believe it's the kit that is making us successful :roll: Id say its more to do with the players we have got rather than the kit , if we were wearing blue with the same group of payers we would be in exactly the same position.
When people say "its only a colour" well if that's the case then why did Tan need to change it after all its "only a colour"

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 am

Who knows his thinking, but if it means he takes the club forward and financially secures our future then I couldn't give a f**k if we wore pink polka dot bikinis on the pitch!

We all want cardiff to do well, we need to just stick together and hopefully in time Tan will bring us back to blue?!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:26 am

Llanellicardifffan wrote:Who knows his thinking, but if it means he takes the club forward and financially secures our future then I couldn't give a f**k if we wore pink polka dot bikinis on the pitch!

We all want cardiff to do well, we need to just stick together and hopefully in time Tan will bring us back to blue?!

No point in going along with it hoping that in the future Tan has a change of heart about the colour (which is highly unlikely) But on the flip side tonight has made me realise that im in the minority, and most people go along with what your saying.

Ive got to say on a personal note though, that i genuinely felt sick after what i saw tonight :cry:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Contray to the vocal minority on this board, the picture down this stadium paints the true picture, and it's painted red, 95% of people wearing a red scarf!

If there was any doubt in my mind its now gone, there's is no large anti Malaysian red contingent of fans, the fans are actively embracing the changes!

Gavin, tonight finally broke me, yes they had to give these football fans thousands of FREE RED SCARFS, but what made it worse they all wore them with pride, all because of the promise of the Premier league, at any cost now it seems.
Yes I am the very minority who wore Blue and I was proud of it and I can not believe what I saw. One day our club will struggle and lets see how many REDS are left then.
It really did hurt tonight to see, the stewards,programme sellers,food outlets,the cooks al in their FREE RED SCARFS and THEN ALL THESE FOOTBALL FANS WEARING THEM. :cry: :cry:

Annis' The majority of those sporting their free red scarfs should have been wearing red scarfs in such numbers all season with their own self paid for red scarf's, They were wearing them because they were free, how low is that? I bought / paid for my Blue scarf'tops' etc... over 40yrs with pride. What i find really shocking is that a lot of fans have excepted the red bollox on the basis of Premiership football next season? Like promotion is already in the bag; That alone tell's me how infested the Club is with people that are more interested in man u / livpl and chlse than CCFC. They dont even know that nothing is in the bag till that fat lady sings as we have learnt recently, watford'hull'crsp and one or to outsiders really believe the top spots are far from decided and will be anticipating Cardiff's annual home run capitulation, four / five seasons of catastrophes. Also' any genuine City fan has to be concerned of the Malaysians obvious intentions, one being happy to pay Langsdone far more then 10M once Premiership football is achieved but fkall if not achieved? then what?? Because it wont be a mere 19M that some people demanded blood for, but a nice 100M plus. AND 23'000 FANS demanding all the shit in the stadium that resembles a Malaysian retail park be taken down on Realising the debt into shares proposal only stood with promotion to the Prem, and the malaysians wanting out once realizing they only had one chance in M Utd replica shirts /colours. Fair play to MM and the Team , They have done well so far under extreme pressure thats surprisingly not mentioned much, as for that result with village people bha that was one of those flukes that happen time to time. Hope they learned from it. :old: Then they took my Cardiff away: :(

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 am

Llanellicardifffan wrote:Would you rather see your team in red and doing well both on and off the pitch or see them in blue possibly relegated and rending up like Portsmouth??? Does a colour really outweigh the positives???

BLUE for me, was never red or dead anyways...and if, still BLUE...

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Contray to the vocal minority on this board, the picture down this stadium paints the true picture, and it's painted red, 95% of people wearing a red scarf!

If there was any doubt in my mind its now gone, there's is no large anti Malaysian red contingent of fans, the fans are actively embracing the changes!

Gavin, tonight finally broke me, yes they had to give these football fans thousands of FREE RED SCARFS, but what made it worse they all wore them with pride, all because of the promise of the Premier league, at any cost now it seems.
Yes I am the very minority who wore Blue and I was proud of it and I can not believe what I saw. One day our club will struggle and lets see how many REDS are left then.
It really did hurt tonight to see, the stewards,programme sellers,food outlets,the cooks al in their FREE RED SCARFS and THEN ALL THESE FOOTBALL FANS WEARING THEM. :cry: :cry:

Annis, I couldn't agree with you more :ayatollah:

Like you, I RELUCTANTLY accepted the RED. There was NO CHOICE in reality and I have often posted on here in recent times trying to explain to the vocal minority that their protests were falling on deaf ears in the Board Room and amongst the VAST MAJORITY of fans; which was why they should let it go and move on in the interests of the manager and players on the pitch ;)

But TONIGHT was something else and I'm afraid it PROVES the RED/BLUE issue is dead in the water :(

Tonight I saw:

A sea of RED when I walked belatedly into the stadium. I thought I was at Anfield!! :oops:

No more than around a DOZEN RED SCARVES thrown towards the pitch in protest

Fans who obviously wore BLUE in response to the "Wear Something Blue" requests on this site BUT THEN WORE RED SCARVES (and it wasn't that cold!!) in complete capitulation!! WTF? :roll: :oops:

Fans who took FAR MORE than their fair share of scarves in a feeding frenzy that would have made a pool of Pirhanas look like softies!! An almighty balls-up in organisation from the club itself as common sense would have seen the scarves handed out ONE PER PERSON as they left the turnstiles (assuming they wanted one) :roll: :oops: :oops: :cry:

Saddest of all was the guy (and he'll know who he is because I told him in no uncertain terms, the tw*t :twisted: ) who was carrying a platic sack with at least a dozen scarves in it, tell a youngster of around 8 or 9 the "Feck Off!" when asked if he could have one because the club had run out of them :cry: :twisted:

VT will sleep VERY soundly tonight. RED it is...as we unfortunately KNEW it WOULD be :(

For the record, I wore BLUE tonight and DECLINED the offer of a RED SCARFE on PRINCIPLE even though I reluctantly accept the RED kit :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Like you, I RELUCTANTLY accepted the RED. There was NO CHOICE in reality and I have often posted on here in recent times trying to explain to the vocal minority that their protests were falling on deaf ears in the Board Room and amongst the VAST MAJORITY of fans; which was why they should let it go and move on in the interests of the manager and players on the pitch ;)

But TONIGHT was something else and I'm afraid it PROVES the RED/BLUE issue is dead in the water :(

Tonight I saw:

A sea of RED when I walked belatedly into the stadium. I thought I was at Anfield!! :oops:

Fans who obviously wore BLUE in response to the "Wear Something Blue" requests on this site BUT THEN WORE RED SCARVES (and it wasn't that cold!!) in complete capitulation!! WTF? :roll: :oops:

Fans who took FAR MORE than their fair share of scarves in a feeding frenzy that would have made a pool of Pirhanas look like softies!! An almighty balls-up in organisation from the club itself as common sense would have seen the scarves handed out ONE PER PERSON as they left the turnstiles (assuming they wanted one) :roll: :oops: :oops: :cry:

Saddest of all was the guy (and he'll know who he is because I told him in no uncertain terms, the tw*t :twisted: ) who was carrying a platic sack with at least a dozen scarves in it, tell a youngster of around 8 or 9 the "Feck Off!" when asked if he could have one because the club had run out of them :cry: :twisted:

VT will sleep VERY soundly tonight. RED it is...as we unfortunately KNEW it WOULD be :(

For the record, I wore BLUE tonight and DECLINED the offer of a RED SCARFE on PRINCIPLE even though I reluctantly accept the RED kit :ayatollah:

No choice? Give over.

Tan relented, tan stopped the rebrand.

THE FANS asked him to do it. So he did.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

And what gives you the right to think the pro reds aren't real fans and won't be around for the long term?! Don't take the high road Annis, it doesn't suit you. Pro red fans are Cardiff fans too. Just because people don't agree with your (and others) opinion, doesn't mean you can label them as fair weather fans.

And no, I wasn't wearing red. Just hate the way that some of our fans ALWAYS want to create a split within the fan base.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 am

Llanellicardifffan wrote:Re-read it, it doesn't say we were called riverside!

That's not my point anyway, the question I want people to answer is...., would they rather see us in red or see us dead??
Simple and obvious answer for me!

With 4 posts under your belt you are either working for the club or you are here to wind people up......

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 am

Pro reds aren't real fans end of.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And what gives you the right to think the pro reds aren't real fans and won't be around for the long term?! Don't take the high road Annis, it doesn't suit you. Pro red fans are Cardiff fans too. Just because people don't agree with your (and others) opinion, doesn't mean you can label them as fair weather fans.

And no, I wasn't wearing red. Just hate the way that some of our fans ALWAYS want to create a split within the fan base.

Frog there are many fans who have reluctantly accepted the colour change. What you saw last night was something different. By accepting the scarf and wearing it they fully endorsed Tans red vision. There was no pressure on these fans to wear the scarf as even the most brainwashed of them knew that Tan was not going to walk away if they did not wear it and they had a free choice. I also think that the red scarf wearers are not real fans at all as they were prepared to sell out any remaining self respect for a free gift costing less than a fiver. The scarf itself had no bluebird and did not even have our correct name on it so how can these be proper fans when they are prepared to wear a freebie that has no affiliation with our club. As far as I am concerned thats all they have shown is that they support Tan and his mad vision over what used to be Cardiff City.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 am

I held my blue scarf with pride. I always will.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

At the end of the day none of you would have hardly spoke about this if we won.

Classic City fans always looking for an excuse.

Fact is I don't like it myself but if we won last night there would be barely no mention of this and thats a fact.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 am

Jelly Heels wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tonight I saw:

No choice? Give over.

Tan relented, tan stopped the rebrand.

THE FANS asked him to do it. So he did.

WRONG!! :roll:

He stopped SOME parts of the re-brand after he mis-handled the announcement of the RED but the RED KIT bit remained and (as events from last night confirmed to him) VT can now push ahead with ANY changes he likes with the VISIBLE CONSENT of the VAST MAJORITY OF CURRENT SUPPORTERS :(

I don't HAVE to like it (I never did) but in the absence of any REALISTIC fight back I see big changes in the Summer; maybe starting with the cladding surrounding the stadium and then who knows what else :cry:

Sadly, IF we are in the Premeirship next year than the clamour to be part of that will override ALL other things for the majority of supporters :(

SAD (in many ways other than achieving the Premiership dream) but nontheless TRUE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Sven on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:31 am

DandoCCFC wrote:At the end of the day none of you would have hardly spoke about this if we won.

Fact is I don't like it myself but if we won last night there would be barely no mention of this and thats a fact.

You completely miss the point. This is not about winning or losing and it was all about the shock of seeing the whole stadium in red.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am

I am not missing the point at all. I am saying majority of fans are fickle.

If we won last night there is no doubt no-one would have been complaining about it.

It is about winning as if we did win then we wouldn't be talking about this its simple.

Its the truth and I will get slated for saying this.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am

Ashamed to have ever been associated with the club. Sickens me

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 am

ELY BOY wrote:Ashamed to have ever been associated with the club. Sickens me

Can see myself joining you soon Simon.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I am not missing the point at all. I am saying majority of fans are fickle.

If we won last night there is no doubt no-one would have been complaining about it.

It is about winning as if we did win then we wouldn't be talking about this its simple.

Cardiff have been winning all season and the red/blue thing has continued to raise its head. Last night however seemed to be a bigger issue due to the free red scarf and the surprising (in some eyes) amount who took it up. That is the truth. No-one talking about it would seem to me to be the fairytale. Not slating you just telling the truth as I see it. People were always going to talk about it, especially people who can't stomach it. (Like me).

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 am

Look I am saying only 1-5 threads would have been made.

The odd minority who would been on about the scarfs would get knocked down by everyone and people would say 'Stop moaning we are top'.

Nothing was different for me last night as every game has always been strange.

The stadium has always looked Red with the shirts anyway.

I own a red shirt yes but I don't like the rebrand.. I always own a club home shirt anyway.

I manage to still turn up as I have a massive love for the club even though it does hurt.

I don't put my views around on the rebrand so much as it won't be changed and nothing can be done to change it at this moment sadly.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I am not missing the point at all. I am saying majority of fans are fickle.

You are clearly missing the point it was never about winning or losing but a reaction to seeing Tans red vision hitting home for the first time.It would not have mattered what the score was.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am

Do It Ian mate. Plenty more principles over here

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:At the end of the day none of you would have hardly spoke about this if we won.

Trust me I would of done exactly the same reaction if we won or drew, last night the re-brand really hit home , I went to the stadium generally thinking Tan will see that most Cardiff fans want blue not red, I was expecting the only area in the ground to have all red scarves would be the family stand as its mainly kids , how wrong was I , it hurt tonight it killed the blue imo, I will still only wear blue to games but I feel i'm now a minority :cry: