Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans embracing red!

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Contray to the vocal minority on this board, the picture down this stadium paints the true picture, and it's painted red, 95% of people wearing a red scarf!

If there was any doubt in my mind its now gone, there's is no large anti Malaysian red contingent of fans, the fans are actively embracing the changes!

Re: Fans embracing red!

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:35 pm

See if you can get some pictures uploaded here mate would like to see what it's like couldn't make It down tonite, they just commented on radio Wales that they can see a lot of red scarves

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:40 pm

I knew it mate. Twitter told the story the last few days. Everyone seems to like the red. Its fresh, its new, its a new Cardiff City and they seem to be ready to take up the opportunity to get behind their local team more than ever.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:29 pm

SICKENING and free.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Gavlar wrote:Contray to the vocal minority on this board, the picture down this stadium paints the true picture, and it's painted red, 95% of people wearing a red scarf!

If there was any doubt in my mind its now gone, there's is no large anti Malaysian red contingent of fans, the fans are actively embracing the changes!

Gavin, tonight finally broke me, yes they had to give these football fans thousands of FREE RED SCARFS, but what made it worse they all wore them with pride, all because of the promise of the Premier league, at any cost now it seems.
Yes I am the very minority who wore Blue and I was proud of it and I can not believe what I saw. One day our club will struggle and lets see how many REDS are left then.
It really did hurt tonight to see, the stewards,programme sellers,food outlets,the cooks al in their FREE RED SCARFS and THEN ALL THESE FOOTBALL FANS WEARING THEM. :cry: :cry:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 pm

was embarassed to see the red scarfs being taking by fans tonight,
i still support the club and go and watch them , but i will always be
blue thats the club i started supporting and always will

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Next will be the name change the hint was in the scarf very clever. : :evil:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Contray to the vocal minority on this board, the picture down this stadium paints the true picture, and it's painted red, 95% of people wearing a red scarf!

Gavin, tonight finally broke me, yes they had to give these football fans thousands of FREE RED SCARFS, but what made it worse they all wore them with pride, all because of the promise of the Premier league, at any cost now it seems.
Yes I am the very minority who wore Blue and I was proud of it and I can not believe what I saw. One day our club will struggle and lets see how many REDS are left then.
It really did hurt tonight to see, the stewards,programme sellers,food outlets,the cooks al in their FREE RED SCARFS and THEN ALL THESE FOOTBALL FANS WEARING THEM. :cry: :cry:

Well I wore all my blue stuff and thats all you can do each to there own opinion but I was also shocked I felt like the odd one out .What can you say CCFC is red and thats it ,I dont like it but what am I when I was surrounded by a sea of red.

It will be very interesting when we do struggle to what happens then but as for now its red :twisted:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:59 pm

birchblue wrote:Next will be the name change the hint was in the scarf very clever. : :evil:

What was the hint in the name change birch,I am working so couldn't make it tonight.

Wore my blue with pride :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:

Same here annis we are in the minority but at least we have our dignity in tact will always be blue and proud

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm

mr.angry wrote:
birchblue wrote:Next will be the name change the hint was in the scarf very clever. : :evil:

What was the hint in the name change birch,I am working so couldn't make it tonight.

Just said Cardiff no city.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm

I was very shocked 2nite. I have nothing against any1 who wants or took the scarf.
But i was jst suprised wen i walked through ninian stand turnstiles how fans were like vultures trying to get one, then how many were wearing them.

But then walking in to the stadium to see the crowd. Jst did not expect that.
With only 4 scarfs i cud see thrown pitchside, it appears 2nite VT got his wish. Ive never posted about the rebrand, but it is quite sad really

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 pm

The funniest part of the night for me was people by me being really anti red waving blue around but with a red scarf in their pocket

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Dignity, morals, loyalty and respect doesn't exist in the modern world.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Very sad to see tonight, but glad I heard chants of BLUE ARMY and BLIEBIRDS!
But why don't fans sing anti-red songs during the game, why don't we piss tan right off, the reds won't sing red songs as they are mostly new, quiet and sit on their arses the whole game! :ayatollah: :malky:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 pm

fans singing bluebirds with red scarfs on , embarrassing,

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Broke me tonight Annis. A few of us around me held our blue scarfs up and I did notice a few
over your way. Sadly we were awashed by the reds. What a joke we have turned out to be

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 pm

brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well I wore all my blue stuff and thats all you can do each to there own opinion but I was also shocked I felt like the odd one out .What can you say CCFC is red and thats it ,I dont like it but what am I when I was surrounded by a sea of red.

It will be very interesting when we do struggle to what happens then but as for now its red :twisted:

I felt exactly the same everyone around me in red , and me the only 1 in blue :(

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 pm

i was the only one with a blue scarf where i was sitting i couldnt believe it, the only reason half the people threw them on the pitch was because we lost if we would have won im sure they would have worn them for the rest of the season!
tonight the rebrand finally sunk in. it was horrible and just a taste of whats to come :(

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:16 pm

darran1927 wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I felt exactly the same everyone around me in red , and me the only 1 in blue :(

i wouldnt care if everyone started putting the red on and me the only one in blue i would be proud because its what i belive in, you should never feel awkward if your the only one wearing blue, keep it up we need to stick together

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 pm

darran1927 wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Away fans once respected us the loud and proud cardiff supporter the passionate supporters .They must be laughing there heads of at us big time its bad very bad.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Chris1988 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i wouldnt care if everyone started putting the red on and me the only one in blue i would be proud because its what i belive in, you should never feel awkward if your the only one wearing blue, keep it up we need to stick together

I will keep it up dont you worry I am what I am its in me and no matter what I just cant change so dont you worry there mate but it was hard to take.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

sickening mate.if you balls promotion up i wonder if the redbirds since june 2012 will be so keen to wear that poxy kit for another year in the championship?

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 pm

95% of the fans are WHORES then....
A f*cking disgrace

All my opinion though :D

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Chris1988 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'll be wearing blue all the time for every game now, I will never wear red

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 pm

i agree with forever blue and baked Alaska I found it unbelievable the amount of red scarves worn tonight. Keep cardiff blue is dead. The future of cardiff is red unfortunately. Howeve whilst munching a kebab in canton a group of eastern european walked past me and they had around 5 scarves each.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Did you mean "fans embarrassed by red" ? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 am

spikey wrote:fans singing bluebirds with red scarfs on , embarrassing,

I thought the same.. :(

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 am

Said i wasn't going to take one, and i didn't. But i was shocked at the amount of people who did.

I think it's now safe to say after tonight's sea of red fans (apart from a couple of scarfs thrown on to the pitch) that Tan can now do whatever he want's with the club and there will be little resistance from supporters