Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BRISTOL CITY OR SWANSEA TOWN ?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Who do you consider as our main rivals ?

For me it is Swansea, probably because of where I grew up and live but I don't feel anywhere near the intensity against the Wurzels as I do when we play the Jacks.

The days leading up to a derby against the Jacks has the blooding pumping and my adrenalin racing, I just don't get that when we play Bristol City.

Which one is it for you ?

Re: BRISTOL CITY OR SWANSEA TOWN ?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Swansea. Bristol city just feels like another game these days.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Jacks for me.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Swansea.
Last edited by Super Kev on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

I like them both.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:Who do you consider as our main rivals ?

For me it is Swansea, probably because of where I grew up and live but I don't feel anywhere near the intensity against the Wurzels as I do when we play the Jacks.

The days leading up to a derby against the Jacks has the blooding pumping and my adrenalin racing, I just don't get that when we play Bristol City.

It's all about age I think Carl as I have said before I remember the aberfan chants at Ashton gate in the 70's which sparked riots in the streets afterwards. With Swansea it's only the last ten or so years have I seen them as rivals.
City games at Ashton gate gate were always lively off the pitch as well whereas despite Swansea lads protestations its always been quite tame at the vetch

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Swansea are without doubt our main rivals.Bristol City to me is just another game.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 pm

steve davies wrote:

It's all about age I think Carl as I have said before I remember the aberfan chants at Ashton gate in the 70's which sparked riots in the streets afterwards. With Swansea it's only the last ten or so years have I seen them as rivals.
City games at Ashton gate gate were always lively off the pitch as well whereas despite Swansea lads protestations its always been quite tame at the vetch

Tbh Steve I was going to write the age thing in my opening post but thought as I am under the 40 yr old bracket I would leave it to see if the older element of our support say it is Bristol.

I always believed it was Swansea and nothing else and always thought it was because of locality but it seems that many over 40's see the Wurzels as our rivals and the younger lot among us see it as Swansea.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Tbh Steve I was going to write the age thing in my opening post but thought as I am under the 40 yr old bracket I would leave it to see if the older element of our support say it is Bristol.

I always believed it was Swansea and nothing else and always thought it was because of locality but it seems that many over 40's see the Wurzels as our rivals and the younger lot among us see it as Swansea.

In my teens i probably hated the wurzels more but when i was 17 i moved up west (nr Carmarthen) and although i became friends with a couple of JBs their bitterness towards the capital made me dislike the jacks. The rest is history and whilst i dont like the wurzels people on here know my views on the jacks.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Swansea every time for me. I hate Leeds more than Bristol but still look forward to our games with them lot

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Posibly because of my age, it was always the wurzels and in truth Swansea weren't even seen as opposition let alone rivals, but things have changed big time and a PREMIERSHIP welsh derby will catch the world's eye and bring a lot of publicity, hopefully it will become one of footballs biggest rivalries.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Wasn't the brizzle game last season Malky's first home game? Or was it second. I seem to remember he bigged up the Derby element in a way DJ never did (not a did at DJ as I think the 0-6 a record) but it'll be interesting to see if he goes about it the same way this time.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Swansea

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:

I suppose you had to be around at the time Carl but can you imagine people singing songs about little children being buried alive under a slag heap a few years earlier . Absolutely horrendous and I saw old men that night trying to hit anything that sounded remotely like a wurzel.
Anyway this old git is going back to watch Celtic in his pool of piss while you youngsters get on with monkey facing your missus :old: :lol:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Carlos.
Newport and Bristol C for me then the Jacks(only because theyve been keeping our seat warm in the Premier league for 2 seasons :lol: ).

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carlos.
Newport and Bristol C for me then the Jacks(only because theyve been keeping our seat warm in the Premier league for 2 seasons :lol: ).

I was waiting for your Newport response :lol:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm 52 :malky: :old: jacks for me every time hate the b@stards :laughing6:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Newport and Bristol city

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:

I suppose you had to be around at the time Carl but can you imagine people singing songs about little children being buried alive under a slag heap a few years earlier . Absolutely horrendous and I saw old men that night trying to hit anything that sounded remotely like a wurzel.
Anyway this old git is going back to watch Celtic in his pool of piss while you youngsters get on with monkey facing your missus :old: :lol:

I would if she weren't full of the flu Steve :(

But she is being spoilt on valentines night so hopefully she will be feeling better by then :D

And another thing don't let another season go by without travelling on our coach to an away game mate :malky: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Bristol shitty for me :ayatollah: I've never heard of Swansea town :old:

Jacks for me.. bristol is just another game really dont see them as anythink else

Jacks for me.. bristol is just another game really dont see them as anythink else

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Rivals now - Jacks. Rivals 30 years ago - Wurzels. Who do I hate more - has to be the Wurzels.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Bristol City for me, through the 70's and 80's we hardly played the gypos, it was always bristol city, infact, we used to play bristol rovers more than the jacks then.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 pm

JACKS. CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Back in the late 60s 70s it was the wurzels as we rarely played the swans.But that has now changed the last 3/4 years its the jacks now. Cant wait for a premiership derby with them. :malky: :malky:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Jack scum for me and its personal :o

Anyway :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :malky:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 pm

brizzle pour moi

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:09 pm

I like both but for different reasons. The bristol game I enjoy just because its fun to watch the Wurzels get beat by us. But for the Jacks its massive for me and I agree the build up over the days before it is great.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:12 pm

For me it's Cardiff,Newport ok used to get a few lads follow us in 80s .as for jacks always never bothered us :lol: