Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We could be 12 points clear

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 pm

We could be 12 points clear of 3rd place come Saturday evening!

I just cannot see where our next defeat will come from. We are the most consistant team in the league ( 1 defeat in 13) Look at the mid-week results this week, Watford and Palace slipping up again, those games were where they had a chance to close the gap on us, they both failed. Leicester have the opportunity tonight to get a win, OK. but on Saturday Hull are away to Millwall, I think they may well get beat there and I cannot see anything other than a win at Leeds for us. With all the chasing pack tripping up and with very few of them doing anything of value in the transfer window. I believe that we will move away from the pack with only Leicester anywhere near us, we could be 15-16 point clear by the end of February. MM has adressed the weak point in the squad with Campbell coming in which is the best bit of inward business done by any Championship club this window. We are set go that final :malky:

Re: We could be 12 points clear

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Whistler wrote:We could be 12 points clear of 3rd place come Saturday evening!

I just cannot see where our next defeat will come from. We are the most consistant team in the league ( 1 defeat in 13) Look at the mid-week results this week, Watford and Palace slipping up again, those games were where they had a chance to close the gap on us, they both failed. Leicester have the opportunity tonight to get a win, OK. but on Saturday Hull are away to Millwall, I think they may well get beat there and I cannot see anything other than a win at Leeds for us. With all the chasing pack tripping up and with very few of them doing anything of value in the transfer window. I believe that we will move away from the pack with only Leicester anywhere near us, we could be 15-16 point clear by the end of February. MM has adressed the weak point in the squad with Campbell coming in which is the best bit of inward business done by any Championship club this window. We are set go that final :malky:

Leicester wont slip up tonight

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm

We are all feeling the jitters lets be honest.

None of us are believing what is happening and in the back of our minds we are sceptical it could all fall over. We could be 20 points clear half way through March and still be feeling the same.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We are all feeling the jitters lets be honest.

None of us are believing what is happening and in the back of our minds we are sceptical it could all fall over. We could be 20 points clear half way through March and still be feeling the same.

This. I can't believe the position we're in. It's why I may appear a bit pessimistic sometimes, I'm just trying to keel my self calm and take one game at a time. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm

What we need is a solid performance against Leeds, get back into the swing after this prolonged break in games.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We are all feeling the jitters lets be honest.

Too right. Our recent history (despite a change of management and players) has left us feeling that way.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Ian sums it up.

We are all apprehensive , who wouldn't be!

But one game at a time, Leeds is not a deffo three points, we all thought that at home to posh and look what happened.

Some of the chasing pack will lose games but then so could we , let hope we can do it though

Keep calm as they say, I am. :ayatollah: