Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Evans. where's our scouting team??

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 am

Strange this one. If he was good surely our scouting team should have gone for him.
Find players in North Wales but not on our doorstep.

DONE DEAL - Lee Evans - Newport to Wolves (undisc)
Here's the beauty of deadline day. One minute I am writing about a £19m deal for the world's maddest striker, the next it is a non-league midfielder who shares his name with a sweaty comedian.

Anyway, Blue Square Bet Premier club Newport County say they have agreed to sell 18-year-old midfielder Lee Evans to Wolves for an undisclosed fee. Evans is captain of the Welsh Under-18 team and has already played for his country's U23 team too. One for the future, definitely.

Re: Lee Evans. where's our scouting team??

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 am

Maybe our scouting team don't fancy him? Maybe they haven't even looked at him? Maybe Wolves' scouting team is shit? Maybe you've answered your own question in your second sentence? The time for these questions is when the guy has made it surely....

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 am

glas wrote:Strange this one. If he was good surely our scouting team should have gone for him.

Here's the beauty of deadline day. One minute I am writing about a £19m deal for the world's maddest striker, the next it is a non-league midfielder who shares his name with a sweaty comedian.

Anyway, Blue Square Bet Premier club Newport County say they have agreed to sell 18-year-old midfielder Lee Evans to Wolves for an undisclosed fee. Evans is captain of the Welsh Under-18 team and has already played for his country's U23 team too. One for the future, definitely.

Not strange at all. Different scouts/coaches look for and see different things in players.

If the lad makes it and ends up in the Premiership and a Welsh International then our
scouting network need a kick up the arse. But he's got a hell of a long way to go

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 am

glas wrote:Strange this one. If he was good surely our scouting team should have gone for him.

Saunders has obviously seen him from his time at Wrexham
Lets face it have we heard alot of him?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 am

CardiffLAD wrote:

Saunders has obviously seen him from his time at Wrexham
Lets face it have we heard alot of him?

Thats what I was thinking. Saunders knows the set up with the Welsh youngsters, especially his close links with Brian Flynn.
None of us had heard of him so this is the only way it came about imo.
Just surprised our scouts had not heard of him, or maybe they did not rate him.

Good luck to him and lets hope he comes good.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 pm

He's an overrated comic, sweats too much, most of his jokes are essentially the same. I think we've done well by stepping back.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 pm

RFMH wrote:He's an overrated comic, sweats too much, most of his jokes are essentially the same. I think we've done well by stepping back.

Do you think we are holding out for Michael McIntyre instead?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Do me a favour! You think our coaching staff haven't heard about him!! Our assistant manager is mates with J.E the newport boss from there spurs days! We have a loan link with county also. We obv didn't fancy him at all. He came into the newport tean mid of last season I think, he's the same age as ralls and nowhere near as good.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm

If he was good enough we would of signed him. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:53 pm

glas wrote:
RFMH wrote:He's an overrated comic, sweats too much, most of his jokes are essentially the same. I think we've done well by stepping back.

Do you think we are holding out for Michael McIntyre instead?

He's a bit of a one season wonder really, no depth either.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:58 pm

The same scouting team who have just picked up a highly rated teenager from the Welsh Leagues???

Who knows if he will be a success? Who knows if Evans will be a success? However we obviously have our scouting network and either we didn't want/need Evans or he's been missed, can't find/sign all the players in the world just because they have shown potential.