Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The teams who spend BIG

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 am

In January are the one's that normally get promoted, i just feel we need a few more players to be safe. Come Malky we been told you got the money to spend even if it's one or two loans

Re: The teams who spend BIG

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 am

Pontyclun Blue wrote:In January are the one's that normally get promoted, i just feel we need a few more players to be safe. Come Malky we been told you got the money to spend even if it's one or two loans

What positions do you feel we need?

Our squad is good enough as it is now and teams around haven't been so busy theirselfs.

If we get a player then I think it will be only one.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 am

You don't have to spend big. Has anybody spent big this window? Who's brought the most players in?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am

Dont agree with spending big ,hitting the panic button so to speak.
With the transfer merry go round thst is the transfer window there should be one or two players who could really take us to the promised land.

:malky: :malky: :malky:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 am

We have enough strikers imo for now.

Also we got cover for fullback which I think is good buisness by the club.

Fraizer Campbell is going to be exicting.

If we need another player then I'd assume it would be a Midfielder or Brayford.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:In January are the one's that normally get promoted, i just feel we need a few more players to be safe. Come Malky we been told you got the money to spend even if it's one or two loans

Our squad is good enough as it is now and teams around haven't been so busy theirselfs.

Another striker and a target man you can never have enough, a few injury's can cost big time

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:05 am

Are you insane? Another 2 strikers lol jesus christ what a numptey!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Are you insane? Another 2 strikers lol jesus christ what a numptey!

WHY name calling

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Are you insane? Another 2 strikers lol jesus christ what a numptey!

WHY name calling

It is stupid to say we need more upfront. We have helgusson, Campbell, mason, plus Bellers and smith who can play there, and rudy to cover injuries to injuries. So 6 players to cover 2 spots.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 am

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

WHY name calling

Haha im very sorry if numptey upset you my precious

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 am

Have you never heard of opinions, that is what this forum is about not name calling just, because what i said you don't agree with

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 am

How come whenever these topics comes up no one mentions any names.

We have about two players for every position.

Sordell to cover Helgusson rather than Gestede may be an idea, but Smith did a fine job up front V Blackpool.

I think Malky might see McPhail as potential cover for Whitts ergo the short term loan idea.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 am

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

Have you never heard of opinions, that is what this forum is about not name calling just, because what i said you don't agree with

I have heard of opinions and in mine the idea you put forward of needing 2 more strikers renders you a numptey :)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

WHY name calling

That reply says it all about the way this forum is going, and calling me precious i have heard about people like you on the internet :lol:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am

This squad was easily good enough before our January out lay to get us up to the Premier League. That said I can see the reasoning why Frazier Campbell was brought in (the Nicky Maynard injury) and cover was sought at left-back.

Any other out lay was just vanity spending and any left-over cash can be put away until the summer.

That fact is you can't second guess every injury or suspension.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 am

I'd be quite happy if we got in another CM.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

I have heard of opinions and in mine the idea you put forward of needing 2 more strikers renders you a numptey :)

Craig there is no need for the name calling. We are trying to be a lot better than that on here. Lets move on by cutting all this out.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 am

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

WHY name calling

That reply says it all about the way this forum is going, and calling me precious i have heard about people like you on the internet :lol:

Your right this forum is going in the wrong direction, but not the way you are alluding to. For goodness sake mate don't be so thin skinned after all the 'naming calling' has amounted to 'numpty' and 'precious'

If you can't take that without laughing it off then you must be one hell of a sensitive b*******d

Nah - don't agree - our squad is big enough and good enough! :ayatollah: :malky:

Oh come on, numptey is hardly name calling. If i was trying to insult the man he'd bloody know it. How do you cope in the real world Pontyclun if being called numptey upsets you, especially if you offer a numptey opinion like you did

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 am

Our squad was big enough at the start of the season.

We've lost Maynard to injury so we've brought in Fraizer.

We've brought in Lappin just in case there is any injuries at the back or we need to rest someone.

There are no issues whatsoever.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am

Two more strikers :lol: we have already got 6

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Oh come on, numptey is hardly name calling. If i was trying to insult the man he'd bloody know it. How do you cope in the real world Pontyclun if being called numptey upsets you, especially if you offer a numptey opinion like you did

I don't give a Feck about what you say to me, it will take a lot more than a little prick like you to upset me. I just thought as Cardiff fans we would get sensible answers back what most have been

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 am

What if we spent £10mil on warren feeney?? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:53 am

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Oh come on, numptey is hardly name calling. If i was trying to insult the man he'd bloody know it. How do you cope in the real world Pontyclun if being called numptey upsets you, especially if you offer a numptey opinion like you did

I don't give a Feck about what you say to me, it will take a lot more than a little prick like you to upset me. I just thought as Cardiff fans we would get sensible answers back what most have been

Post a sensible opinion and you'll get a sensible response. So you get upset at being called numptey yet you call me a prick.....you couldnt make it up

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

Post a sensible opinion and you'll get a sensible response. So you get upset at being called numptey yet you call me a prick.....you couldnt make it up

Bang on I couldn't

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 am

As has been posted. I think without signing any more players we would still
go up. Defence WAS a problem but ALL our defenders have knuckled down
and the levels of concentration and determination back there now are as
good as anywhere in the division. but by signing Lappin, we have got in an
experienced player as cover who the rest of the squad already know. He has
been given an 18 month contract, so if/when he DOES get a game he is not
going to think its a one-off and will fight like hell to keep his place ;)

I DO believe Whitts has looked below par lately but the lads have all had a
good break now. Dubai will have done them the World of good. We also have
Kim Bo starting to look a class act now too and I'd have no worries about him
slotting into the middle. Mutch will come good, Gunnarsson is starting to look
more like the player he was, and we still have good old dependable Cowie to
slot in and run his bollocks off when needed.

Out wide? Conway has grabbed his place by the throat. What he might lack in
pace and skill he more than makes up for with his work rate and his running.
Noone has not featured too much lately, so there's another lad gagging to get
on that pitch and he DOES have pace and skill in abundance. Bellamy... say no
more, he's the best wide man in the Championship. Nobody else can touch him
when he's on form. Then there is Tommy Smith, pure class out wide............

So we are left with our forward line. Heider has looked tired lately but by all
accounts he's been struggling with injury, so expect HIM to come back firing on
all cylinders. Smith is an excellent target man up there too if needed. Leaving
Frazier Campbell who has barely kicked a ball since coming back from injury.
His fitness is NOT an issue. He is 25 years old and has a lot to prove. He knows
he has signed for a team that are going back to the Premiership and by f**k is
he going to try and prove thats where he should be playing!! Joe Mason has not
impressed as much this season, but perhaps we were all expecting too much, he
is still a bit-part player, but is still chipping in with goals. Of course we have
Bellamy who can also play up top if required.

So... We havent spent big, we've barely spent ANYTHING. :D

But I can still think of 23 managers in this division who wish they were Cardiff Citys
manager right now ;)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am

The squad we have has got us 10 points clear with 18 games to play. We've added Campbell and Lappin. We are good enough and have enough cover.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 am

Getting any more players in now would just be overkill! Especially with all our injured players like smith and mutch back fit, and the likes of kimbo starting to shine

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:05 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

:thumbup: