Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Sack

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Wed 30th Jan 2013

Championship - Footballer sacked for punching woman in face
Footballer Kevin Sainte-Luce has been sacked by Cardiff City after being found guilty of punching a woman unconscious and assaulting her friend.

The 19-year-old French-born midfielder was spared jail after being found guilty of the attacks and was instead handed a fine and community service.
The district judge, Bodfan Jenkins, said in court that he was sparing Sainte-Luce prison: "Because your promising career could be compromised by prison time, I want to avoid taking such action."
Saint-Luce punched Anna Wadey, 22, unconscious and assaulted Laura Bennett, 23 at the Glam nightclub in Cardiff last November in what was described as an unprovoked attack.
Judge Jenkins ordered Sainte-Luce to pay £1,250 compensation to the two women and put him on a 10-week 8pm-6am curfew. He was also handed 180-hours community service.
However, after an internal inquiry, Cardiff City decided against letting Sainte-Luce continue his career at the Championship club.
"Cardiff City Football Club can today confirm that the contract for Kevin Sainte-Luce has been terminated with immediate effect," he said in a brief statement.
Sainte-Luce made just one appearance for the Cardiff first team after making his way up through the club's academy.

Re: Cardiff City Sack

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Good

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 pm

The only outcome really. Stupid boy.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:04 pm

As a follwer of CCFC from the outside, I find this a very good signal from the club. Unacceptable!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:12 pm

It's wrong that he got spared jail cos he's a footballer, why treat him differant to any other person I know boys in prison for stuff to do with women and not even layed a finger on them yet he knocks the girl out and spared jail? Lol. Send him down they should have cardiff wouldn't have to have sacked him then

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Lets hope this sets an example to all the other youth players we had at the club. Don't waste a once in a lifetime opportunity by being a total bellend.

I wonder what action the club would have taken if one of our star players was guilty of the same thing. I'd like to think they would do exactly the same or sell the player in the neart transfer window, irrespective of the impact on the team.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:25 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Good

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 pm

When I saw the title I thought they'd sacked Malky. :o

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

He must be shit anyway didnt even realised he still played for us :lol:

Ah well at least malky wasnt out punching girls that would of fu*ked things up

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 pm

'Bodfan'?! Is that a real name!?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:09 pm

It's a disgrace. My best mate punched someone in town. First offence and had 18 months

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:41 am

100% the right decision to sack him, but...

I wonder if they would do the same if it were a first team player - Craig Bellamy, Peter Whittingham or anyone with a re-sale value really??

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 am

going round smacking girls who the f**k does he think he his
the judge needs to take a look at himself aswell

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:11 am

It' s a huge shame FOR him and ON him :(

The judge 'thought' he was doing him a favour but, in reality, he needed to 'go down' for such a cowardy attack and the management at Cardiff City FC have laid down a marker on future behaviour of those 'respresenting' the club at any level, which is commendable ;)

I'll tell you what mind, there's a few towns in the valleys he would have got his own back from the girls!! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:59 am

correct decision by the club.

why are there posts asking "what if itd been one of the
first team stars" though?

it wasnt. ok. why speculate? the club done the right thing
can we not just leave it there?