Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LACK OF TRANSFER ACTIVITY FROM US!!!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 pm

One defender on a free. One striker on the cheap. Looks like thats our lot!!

But who feels 'let down'?

Our defensive 'frailties' have all but gone away, but Mackay has made an astute
signing in Lappin. Undoubtedly he has been brought in as experienced cover and
I have no concerns about our defence whatsoever now!.

Up front we were starting to run out of ideas i think (though Smiths return has made
a difference) Rudy does not look a viable option, Helguson was looking tired etc etc.
...So we get in a proven goalscorer at this level. Frazier Campbell in my opinion is a
better striker than Nicky Maynard (though its a close run thing) We have got him on
the cheap and he is absolutely gagging to get on that pitch and prove himself. We all
say there has been a spark missing up front. I think we have signed that spark.

In my opinion we have significantly improved our chances of going up as CHAMPIONS
Whilst NOT significantly adding to the debt. This leaves us with far more room to
manoeuvre in the Summer. Why spend before we need to?

so YES. I'd have liked to have seen more players come in. but if we're going to be a
Premiership side next season, perhaps the January window is not the ideal time to
be building for it.

So no complaints. I guess I just wanted spoiling :D

well done Vincent Tan for obviously supporting the manager, and well done the manager
for not running into the sweet shop like a kid with a bag full of money :malky: :malky:

Re: LACK OF TRANSFER ACTIVITY FROM US!!!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Would like to see us bring in Graham Dorrans to play Centre Mid .

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Would like to see us bring in Graham Dorrans to play Centre Mid .

totally agree... the centre midfield area is where i think we could have added depth.. we have been underperforming in that area with mutch being way off par and whitts needing a rest like we did with gunnarsson.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:28 pm

agree about dorrans, would like to think we could go for him in the summer if he doesnt go tomorrow, same as ince.

personally i think we would achieve promotion without bringing anyone in in Jan, campbell will prove to be a good signing i think, while lappin is only here as cover, its good to have that extra body in devensively, its a busy 3 months coming up.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:34 pm

My only concern is both those lads have dodgy knees bad injuries around 25, 26
there is a chance of when your out for a long period of time you can never quite be the same, but that is purely dependant
the player,
I've got high hopes for campbell, maynard slightly concerned because his is a bit more of a consistant problem,
fingers crossed they are both fixed and back to their best.
No concerns for our defence, I'l be shocked if we dont win the title,

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 pm

I would have liked the club to make a statement of intent...WE are 10 points clear ..Let's go and get 3 quality premiership players who we would need next year .. and blow the competition away.

Another quality striker to hold up up front

a quality center midfield .. whitts is off form and not looking like adding to his goals tally

a quality defender

with what we have now..if CAMPBELL PICKS UP A KNOCK WHERE ARE WE THEN
Helgusson as TAFFY SAYS ...LOOKS KNACKERED

Gestede needs to overdose on his energy drink

and MASON IS NOT THE ANSWER

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm

kimble wrote:I would have liked the club to make a statement of intent...WE are 10 points clear ..Let's go and get 3 quality premiership players who we would need next year .. and blow the competition away.

Another quality striker to hold up up front

a quality center midfield .. whitts is off form and not looking like adding to his goals tally

a quality defender

Helgusson as TAFFY SAYS ...LOOKS KNACKERED

Gestede needs to overdose on his energy drink

and MASON IS NOT THE ANSWER

I have to agree, even though we now look strong one injury to Campbell and we are back to where we started from before the transfer window. I am not too sure, but is the loan window still available to us after the deadline.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't see all these preniership quality players clamouring to join us. Anyone Premiership quality in the champ is unproven and anyone that would drop down would probably be out of favour anyways.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm

The striker for me was always the priority and im very happy with Campbell.

Lappin fills the gab, wont get excited over it but he certainly adds to what we have.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm very happy all in all. Our squad had proved it's already the best in the league, then we get a quality stiker like Campbell and an experienced defender like Lappin.

I'm certainly not complaining. :ayatollah: :malky:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Would like to see us bring in Graham Dorrans to play Centre Mid .

We can dream.

Would love to see Dorrans in a City shirt.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 pm

kimble wrote:I would have liked the club to make a statement of intent...WE are 10 points clear ..Let's go and get 3 quality premiership players who we would need next year .. and blow the competition away.And probably have to pay twice what there worth

Another quality striker to hold up up frontThe ones we got will see us through

a quality center midfield .. whitts is off form and not looking like adding to his goals tallyYour 2nd silliest comment

a quality defenderAgain probably have to pay twice what he's worth

Helgusson as TAFFY SAYS ...LOOKS KNACKEREDYou could squander millions and still not get a striker fit to lace Helgussons boots

Gestede needs to overdose on his energy drinkOn this I would trust the managers judgement every time

and MASON IS NOT THE ANSWERYour silliest remark

Other than that I completely agree with you :lol:

PS If Maynard had not been injured I don't think we'd have signed anyone in this window

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Sneggy do you really think whitts is on Form??? because my opinion is not yours does not make it silly...simply disagree

Mason is still learning and do you really think he is the answer to holding the ball up front...so when our defenders hoof it all the time... it may stick not come straight back

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
kimble wrote:I would have liked the club to make a statement of intent...WE are 10 points clear ..Let's go and get 3 quality premiership players who we would need next year .. and blow the competition away.And probably have to pay twice what there worth

Another quality striker to hold up up frontThe ones we got will see us through

a quality center midfield .. whitts is off form and not looking like adding to his goals tallyYour 2nd silliest comment

a quality defenderAgain probably have to pay twice what he's worth

Helgusson as TAFFY SAYS ...LOOKS KNACKEREDYou could squander millions and still not get a striker fit to lace Helgussons boots

Gestede needs to overdose on his energy drinkOn this I would trust the managers judgement every time

and MASON IS NOT THE ANSWERYour silliest remark

Other than that I completely agree with you :lol:

PS If Maynard had not been injured I don't think we'd have signed anyone in this window

Whitts is most definitely off form and the way he is playing or being asked to play there is a chance he may not score. His free kicks haven't been a threat in a while either.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Would possibly have liked one more, but much better than last Jan, also as for Helguson looking Knackered, he's hardly played for last 6 games or so?

Either Malky has pulled a masterstroke and held him back to charge his batteries or they've had a bust up? :roll: I'd prefer to go with the first one and he'll be back fresh to go with our two new signings Smith &Campbell :ayatollah: :malky:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 pm

kimble wrote:Sneggy do you really think whitts is on Form??? because my opinion is not yours does not make it silly...simply disagreeI think its more to do with other players stepping up to the plate.Vs Blackpool I thought Kimbo was outstanding and so was gunnerson.The trouble is if he don't score with a 30yrd free kick or split the defense with a 40yrd pass people think he's off form.

Mason is still learning and do you really think he is the answer to holding the ball up front...so when our defenders hoof it all the time... it may stick not come straight back
Theres your answer.Do you think that when a defender hacks it clear he aiming for someone?We are becomming better at playing it out as opposed to lumping it but its an ongoing process that takes time

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Would possibly have liked one more, but much better than last Jan, also as for Helguson looking Knackered, he's hardly played for last 6 games or so?

Either Malky has pulled a masterstroke and held him back to charge his batteries or they've had a bust up? :roll: I'd prefer to go with the first one and he'll be back fresh to go with our two new signings Smith &Campbell :ayatollah: :malky:

I said he was looking tired not knackered! But by all accounts he's been carrying a knock.
Perhaps this is another bit of clever management by Malky? Maybe Heider will (like Smith)
be like a new signing once he gets back into it. Certainly I would say Smith and him are
as good as most of the strikers in this division when it comes to linking up, holding the ball
and helping to create chances. Campbell will thrive off either one of them

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:00 pm

A centre back and a centre midfielder is needed and we will be sorted :malky:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 pm

Mynachdy_Bluebird wrote:A centre back and a centre midfielder is needed and we will be sorted :malky:

We've got 4 good centre backs, who are you not happy with?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Jollffe wrote:

We can dream.

Would love to see Dorrans in a City shirt.

Seens to be back in favour at wba

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm

taffyapple wrote:[size=150]One defender on a free. One striker on the cheap. Looks like thats our lot!![/size]But who feels 'let down'?

Our defensive 'frailties' have all but gone away, but Mackay has made an astute
signing in Lappin. Undoubtedly he has been brought in as experienced cover and
I have no concerns about our defence whatsoever now!.

Up front we were starting to run out of ideas i think (though Smiths return has made
a difference) Rudy does not look a viable option, Helguson was looking tired etc etc.
...So we get in a proven goalscorer at this level. Frazier Campbell in my opinion is a
better striker than Nicky Maynard (though its a close run thing) We have got him on
the cheap and he is absolutely gagging to get on that pitch and prove himself. We all
say there has been a spark missing up front. I think we have signed that spark.

In my opinion we have significantly improved our chances of going up as CHAMPIONS
Whilst NOT significantly adding to the debt. This leaves us with far more room to
manoeuvre in the Summer. Why spend before we need to?

so YES. I'd have liked to have seen more players come in. but if we're going to be a
Premiership side next season, perhaps the January window is not the ideal time to
be building for it.

So no complaints. I guess I just wanted spoiling :D

well done Vincent Tan for obviously supporting the manager, and well done the manager
for not running into the sweet shop like a kid with a bag full of money :malky: :malky:

Don't forget young Rhys Healy :ayatollah: