Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gym Routines

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Has anyone got any routines for weight for a newbie in the gym maybe a 3 or 4 day routine ,i want to get into it propley now, i have changed my eating and drinking habbits just need a gym routine now!

My aims is to lose weight 1st then tone up ,

Any one got any weight loss stories or tips ?

Would love to hear them

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Gym Routines

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Buy the Insanity DVD. Type it in on google. But buy it from eBay instead. Life changing.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Monday - Chest (Include 3-5 different exercises, for 3-5 sets each)
Tuesday - Back (Same as above)
Wednesday - Abs + Intense cardio 45-60 mins
Thursday - Shoulders + Legs (9-12 sets on shoulders + 10-15 on legs)
Friday - Arms (Aim for 4-6 exercises for biceps, 7-9 for triceps)
Sat/Sun - Off

Don't listen to all the low weight/high rep crap. Stick to heavy weight, aiming for 6-10 reps.
Building muscle will in turn, enable you to burn more calories.
No one's saying you have to look like Arnold Schwarzeneger, but this routine will benefit you.
Do a 30 min jog/power walk every morning on a empty stomach.

The fat will fly off, and after 6 months you should resemble a small tank.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Morty91 wrote:Monday - Chest (Include 3-5 different exercises, for 3-5 sets each)
Sat/Sun - Off

Don't listen to all the low weight/high rep crap. Stick to heavy weight, aiming for 6-10 reps.
No one's saying you have to look like Arnold Schwarzeneger, but this routine will benefit you.

Cheers pal. Everywhere i seen they say to start with low weights and work your way up, but isit better to go for heavy weights... also as im starting do you think 5 days straight of is the right way ? because people have said aim for 3 days and run two days but make sure you rest so your muscle can repair and grow etc !!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

I kettlebell 3 times a week and go for a run 2-3 times per week....seems to work for me! I am 32 and probably in as good a shape as I have ever been.

The best thing about kettlebells is the fact they take up no room and you need very little space to do the workout....PLUS no need for gym membership! Check them out, if you look on youtube you can see people putting them into action.

:naka:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Cheers pal. Everywhere i seen they say to start with low weights and work your way up, but isit better to go for heavy weights... also as im starting do you think 5 days straight of is the right way ? because people have said aim for 3 days and run two days but make sure you rest so your muscle can repair and grow etc !!

Well obviously don't go so heavy that you injure yourself, but heavy enough so that you can't do more than 10 reps with ease.
Its up to you mate, you could spread it out over the 7 days if you like. I just like taking the whole weekend 'cause it gives you two full days in a row. But you could take a day off in the middle of the week and switch one of your workout days to the Saturday or Sunday, which ever way suits you best. Plenty of protein is important as well. If you're like me and you don't like paying a fortune for the stuff, myprotein.com is great :thumbup:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 pm

That reminds me I got to cancel LOL :D :D :D

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:Has anyone got any routines for weight for a newbie in the gym maybe a 3 or 4 day routine ,i want to get into it propley now, i have changed my eating and drinking habbits just need a gym routine now!

My aims is to lose weight 1st then tone up ,

Any one got any weight loss stories or tips ?

Would love to hear them

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Get the book
"Solitary Fitness" by Charlie Bronson and follow that if you wanna get fit and look good. Nobody knows more about getting into shape than charlie bronson does.. You don't need a gym or expensive milkshakes.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:
Morty91 wrote:Monday - Chest (Include 3-5 different exercises, for 3-5 sets each)
Sat/Sun - Off

that work out should be ok as each day your using different muscle groups just make sure you know which groups are which.

starting with low weights is a guide start on a weight you are comfortable with and go from there, if lifting becomes easy put more weight on, if its too hard take weight off. Dont worry about what other people are lifting everybody has to start somewhere. Though for a month if you want to lose weight hit a treadmill or go road running and do lots and lots push ups, sit ups and squats as not only are you working your muscle groups your moving your whole body and burning more calories.

with running low intensity long distance aim for 3 to 5 k or 20 to 30 minutes, like your weights dont worry about other runners and their speeds, I get laughed at all the time when you get people sprinting past you and then 5 minutes up the road you run past the same people and they are struggling to breath and your still going. If you cant run walk but completing the activity is more important, it will help psychologically for your next run and you still burn calories when walking.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 pm

if you want to get great shape.. as in mens health cover mag kind of body,
your going to idealy want to get serious 2/3 protein shakes a day and a consistant lean protein/carb/fat balanced diet I'd advise
other supplements optional

(60% protein/35% carb/15% good healthy fats)

My advice riverside-fc Dont worry too much about exact routines mate

just Stick to your 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps. exercise such as bench press, shoulder press, back, arm curls, pull ups, weighted squats, any main weight station, keep maximising your 10 rep max, and then push out a 4th or 5th set to your muscles fail - you will reap the benifits,

dont worry about how heavy your lifting focus on the muscle and the burn, try and ensure you make a full slower movement than lifting to heavy and using a bad technique, as you wont benifit as much,

you can always mix it up go for more reps for toned look, (push as many out until failure is great for conditioning your muslcles,
you can also lift 5-8 reps for strength conditioning,
ideally though stick to 10-12 repititions over 3 to 4 sets, and keep upping your weights week by week,

once you start making progress you can look into what needs improving, we are all different and respond in different ways, you make rip easily or you might need to mix up your work out routines,

(depends on your weight as well) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Who does gym play for? Are we signing him?