Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maynard Back For ....

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 am

April !!!!
Is there any possibility that Maynard Could take part in the April Fixtures Or am I being to optimistic :) :ayatollah:

Re: Maynard Back For ....

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 am

No not a chance, plus he won't be match fit, id rather him work on his fitness over the summer and come back for next season on fire :malky:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 am

I hope not.

He needs to rest and the target has to be next season. If he comes back too early, he'll only get the injury again or have constant niggles.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 am

Ben wrote:No not a chance, plus he won't be match fit, id rather him work on his fitness over the summer and come back for next season on fire :malky:

I hope he will be on fire on his return ,its just a pity he could not get at least 1 game in before the close season :malky:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 am

He might feature in the play offs ;)

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:43 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I hope not.

He needs to rest and the target has to be next season. If he comes back too early, he'll only get the injury again or have constant niggles.

Frazier Campbell's time at Sunderland is a perfect example, unfortunately. :lol:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 am

Canton stand baz wrote:He might feature in the play offs ;)

Please GOD NO !!!! :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 am

Loaning him out are we ?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:15 am

good looking fella wrote:April !!!!
Is there any possibility that Maynard Could take part in the April Fixtures Or am I being to optimistic :) :ayatollah:

How the hell could we possibly know? :roll:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am

Catch up at the back. The club confirmed just a few weeks ago that hes out for the season.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Catch up at the back. The club confirmed just a few weeks ago that hes out for the season.

I know but I'm an optimist ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 am

good looking fella wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Catch up at the back. The club confirmed just a few weeks ago that hes out for the season.

A foolish one. ;) :lol:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

Jollffe wrote:
good looking fella wrote:

A foolish one. ;) :lol:

not for the first time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 am

Seeing as Fraizer will be sat on the beach. ;)

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Should We be lucky enough to be a premier league club with still a few championship games to spare, and Nicky is fully recovered and featured in some way in at least 3 DVLP games . Then Malky MAY give him some game time.

But I can't see it happening.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 pm

I'd like to think we could use him against Bolton and Hull on the last 2 games if his recovery is quicker than expected. We'll be up by then anyway ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm

I am guessing but it does seem to be that MM is more cautious than previous managers when bringing players back.

I think because we do have the strength in depth in most areas then we dont need to rush players back and potentially risk making injuries worse.

My gut feeling says he wont be back even if his recovery does speed up.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm

He won't play until next season.