Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What seperates malky from the rest is his own mind concepts

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 am

In my opinion the reason malky mackay will become a great manager, (well hes already a great manager)
He knows how important the team harmony is, positivity around the club, being focused at all time

you see some managers at the top level, and they are too stubborn for their own good, to set in their ways too arrogant which will lead to disgruntled players or a loss of desire or beleif from the squad in the manager/staff ability to connect with the team
and fix whatever needs to be fixed.
one example john toshack he may know football but he dont know players and he will never ever be good manager again
even mark hughes for example I think to set in his ways.... you can take dave jones, and again he doesnt have what im going to start calling the malky factor..

What malky is given this team is all the ingredients needed to make a successful side He's even got backroom stuff such sports pshycologists and so forth.
this is a man with a understanding of life and people,
he is in touch with not just football, he is in touch with life

that is what seperates our man from 90% of the managers out there

Re: What seperates malky from the rest is his own mind conce

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 am

Agreed. Him and Brendan will go on to be great managers if given time. I disagree that Malky is a great manager already but he most certainly has the potential as does Brendan. They both are willing to try new concepts and tweak systems slightly to get the perfect balance. They are willing to criticize appropriately and give young players a chance to prove themselves. The problem of course with any manager in this day and age is if they move to a club where they aren't given time to implement their way of doing things until they tweak things enough to hit the jackpot. We were patient, knew Malky had to bring in new players last season and none of us really expected us to beat West Ham. We overachieved all season. The owners could have panicked and got rid and then brought in another name. They didn't and they let him spend more money and its paying off. Sometimes patience is your best friend. I think if Moyes moves on to the next level as he should in my opinion and he should be the one in line to take the United job then although it'd be amazing to keep Malky I believe a club like Everton would be a great step for him to test his true managerial ability.

Amazing that two of the best young managers in British football have both plied their trade in South Wales which will reflect greatly on us two clubs if they do go on to greatness. :ayatollah: