Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how long have you supported cardiff ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: how long have you supported city ?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:My dad took me to see a Welsh Cup Final in 1969. Ever since, really. We both still go, at 84 and 55 years of age.

Brilliant :malky:

Hope tan reads this stuff

Couldnt agree more mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 pm

11-20 :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:1989 for me. My dad took me to my first game at home v burnley. Bob bank full and all standing. I was stood on the disabled area with my dad underneath the flood light between the canton and the bob bank. Couldn't keep my eyes off the bob bank though looked mental!! Hooked from then on :malky:

Went on to become a junior bluebird then!!! Very proud of my plastic card!!

I suppose when you have experienced those days, it makes what's happening now so so special. If we go up I think I will cry :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

I had a junior bluebird card. Weren't they something to do with the echo?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 pm

ElyBlueAj wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:1989 for me. My dad took me to my first game at home v burnley. Bob bank full and all standing. I was stood on the disabled area with my dad underneath the flood light between the canton and the bob bank. Couldn't keep my eyes off the bob bank though looked mental!! Hooked from then on :malky:

I suppose when you have experienced those days, it makes what's happening now so so special. If we go up I think I will cry :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Yeah you collected two vouchers out of the Echo and had a quid off match day entry.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:i fall into the 31+ bracket :ayatollah:

Me to :old:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm

First ever game was 1969 when a Uncle took me then a regular since '72 had a season Ticket most of the time since then watched them in every Division of the Football league apart from the Premiership and hopefully i will watch them there next season but not counting any chickens yet :D :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 pm

I only likes um coz they top andz the blues int good now can't make next games cuz wales is on tho init likeee

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 pm

My first game was 1971 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
ElyBlueAj wrote:

Yeah you collected two vouchers out of the Echo and had a quid off match day entry.

Wasn't it depending on where we were in the league? If we were struggling wasn't it a£1 with the vouchers?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 pm

31+sheff united first game home :old:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 pm

15 years next month :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 pm

The junior bluebirds were also the cardiff city kids teams in the late 80s early 90s i think they were under 6 to under 12 .
You got to play for them by doing well in summer football camps and you were used as ballboys at home matches .
And got to plat at ninian park once a month against other teams like bristol , swansea and barry town
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm

My 30 years this season i went in 82/83 season

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Cardiff City Soccer Schools with Petter Bibby

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 pm

1990 for me, went with the old man and his work mate. Signed for the under 11s as a 9yr old in 1993, school boy forms for city in 98 and YTS in 2001.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Since March 2005, so nearly 8 years, I was 10 at the time. My dad took me down the City to watch us lose 0-1 to Ipswich, I've been going ever since. :ayatollah:
Last edited by JonCCFC on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Cardiff City Soccer Schools with Petter Bibby

Was he the guy who picked the players from the soccer schools to play in the team ?
Curly blonde hair at the time managed the kids teams

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:1990 for me, went with the old man and his work mate. Signed for the under 11s as a 9yr old in 1993, school boy forms for city in 98 and YTS in 2001.

We would have been in the same team at under 11s same year i signed but i was 10 :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 pm

i'm 19, my first game was in the 1999-2000 season, had a season ticket since the 2001-2002 season :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 am

41 years old but just began following the sport way back in 2010....yep I am one old "new" fan and that is fine by me.

I have loved the ride so far. I have leanred a lot from the posters on this forum, and I really appreciate this forum it has really helped me break into the sport. Three years ago I had no clue what a Swansea was and I sure as heck had no idea about transfers. All I knew was that I liked watching the game.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:13 am

Leeds Utd, FA Cup 2002, as a 13 year old :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 am

1971 v QPR in the wooden seats of the Canton Stand as a 9 year old. We won 4-2.

First game was 1999

First game v Peterborough 1990 in Division Four! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 am

37 years :malky: so im due top flight footy :D

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 am

Ok - bit of a dilema - always supported the city, never been been a fan of the " in fashion teams", started to watch city in 1979, but joined the Army etc and didn't get to many games.

When the result came up always looked for city first - so I think although the majority of the time I have been a bit of an armchair fan but at least I was not a "glory hunting plastic fan"

This only changed over last 3 years when I now go to every home game and a fair few away games and can't see that changing until I pop my clogs!!

So I will go as my start date of 1979 :old: :old:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 am

19 years

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:10 am

When I was a kid my football coach would take us to a couple of Cardiff v Swansea games at NP and the Wretch.
In 2003 I watched the play off final after conciously deciding that I wanted City to win.
But after that I didn't go to my first game proper until the last season of NP.

So its a bit confusing, but this is my 5th season of regularly going down to games, so I'll say 5. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 am

32 years, and gone very grey in doing so :lol:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 am

43 years me,must be f*cking mad.