Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SWANSEA WANT 5 YEAR SEASON TICKET COMMITMENT FROM FANS

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 am

Lawnmower wrote:I've been promoting this idea for ages -regarding a possible extension of our stadium.

Bloody Jacks nicked my idea now, as well as all the metals in my skip. :lol:

:lol:

If I am honest Tim's its an excellent idea :ayatollah:

Re: SHOULD CARDIFF CITY DO THE SAME? OPINIONS?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:05 am

If it was us doing this I would sign up. I like the idea of a 5 year price freeze again on season tickets :ayatollah: :malky:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 am

We done the same when the Premier Club was first proposed. I signed up for a 5-year deal fully epecting to enjoy lots of Premier football in the next few seasons. How wrong I was! :lol: Since the original contract, the annual price has falling twice though, so fair play to the club.

Re: SWANSEA WANT 5 YEAR SEASON TICKET COMMITMENT FROM FANS

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:08 am

Balooo wrote:Its difficult because people's circumstances change. One season you can afford one and the next you cant. How can you commit 5 years of your life. An asteroid could hit the mumbles after 2 seasons

AND do 2 million pounds worth of Improvements :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 am

Surprise Swansea have not gone ahead with some sort of extension. They are looking good to stay in the premier for a few seasons now. They claim to have a 6000 waiting list for season tickets. Why have this questionaire?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 am

while i do think its a good idea,especially in the current economic climate most people dont know if they will be working next year or for the next five years. also on the stadium expansion at swansea, they never had great crowds when they were in the old first division, they will sell out for games like united and liverpool as there are so many supporters of these clubs in south wales plus they should also sell out for the other fashionable clubs but for the wigan,reading,fulham etc type games only the die-hard supporters will go as most people only turn up to see the opposition anyway

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 pm

If SCFC pay for the extention then do they get rent off the Osprey's if for some amazing reason they ever got a 28-32,000 egger crowd? :idea:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Could it be made legally binding, because if relegation were to happen people who didn't support the club in the championship will desert

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:50 pm

i would sign up for it, even make the payments a slongas there was a interest free plan like we have now :ayatollah:
and some sort of insurance policy you could take out reguarding redundancy or major illness

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Expansion is all well and good but you dont want to end up like Middlesbro with 15000 empty seats every game. It looks awful. We moan now about the lack of atmosphere. :roll:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 pm

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:Could it be made legally binding, because if relegation were to happen people who didn't support the club in the championship will desert

This. If its not legally binding (which will stop many signing up) then its not going to make much of a difference. Its a good idea but im not sure how it would work if they got relegated because alot of fans would stop going same for us

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 pm

whats it got to do with Swansea City FC?

surely its down to Swansea Council if they want to expand the stadium

how do the Ospreys feel about a stadium expansion?

who is going to pay for the stadium expansion?

should Cardiff do something similar? I dont think so stadium expansions are always a gamble you dont know what position you are going to be in 5 years down the line. I cant see how any club could enforce a promise to buy a season ticket in 5 years time.
A statement of intent would be better, do you plan on buying a season ticket for the foreseeable future regardless of league we compete in. As long as fans are honest it would give a good idea of whether a stadium expansion would be viable.