Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm surprised with the lack of transfers

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:56 pm

I thought we would have brought a few more in being the position we are in.
Is there a loan window and do anyone else think we could bring in one or two loan signings till the end of the season or with a view to permanent deals?

Re: I'm surprised with the lack of transfers

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:58 pm

our main target was a goal scorer and we got him!... any additional defensive back up would of been a bonus! at least Ben Nugent is showing he can cope with Declan John almost breaking through! add lappin to the equation and we got enough back up! :malky: i can see MM dipping into the loan market for defensive back up anyway!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm

I think there is a loan window and it starts early feb, not sure when it closes mind. Malky could use that to bring in one or two more who'd add something. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 pm

We've got about 23 players in the squad now about two players in every position. The only real place we lack is central midfield and maybe (emphasis on maybe) a target man. Frankly i'm chuffed to bits with the team, it's easily the most complete Cardiff squad in living memory.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Who was the player who was going to add thousands to the gate. He hasn't been confirmed yet has he? Can't imagine Lappin or Campbell fit into that category.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 pm

January is an awful time to buy, it always has been.
Not many clubs in the champ have made any signings that has me worried.

The priority was always cover at LB and a striker and he had them in now.

If he wants to loan he can do it after the transfer window.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm

JINKS wrote:I thought we would have brought a few more in being the position we are in.
Is there a loan window and do anyone else think we could bring in one or two loan signings till the end of the season or with a view to permanent deals?

More signings?,are you serious!,it goes to show we are heading down a slippery slope with fans like you...Nothing ever good enough for you.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 pm

mr.angry wrote:
JINKS wrote:I thought we would have brought a few more in being the position we are in.

More signings?,are you serious!,it goes to show we are heading down a slippery slope with fans like you...Nothing ever good enough for you.

Think you're just jumping the gun a bit there.

Where did he say nothing was good enough for him? He just said he thought there might have been a few more signings coming in, don't be so quick to have a go.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

BlueSince82 wrote:
mr.angry wrote:

Where did he say nothing was good enough for him? He just said he thought there might have been a few more signings coming in, don't be so quick to have a go.

I said "nothing was good enough for him",he said "he thought there might have been a few more signings coming in",which in my opinion is asking too much of the club with the squad we have and the debt we are in,we are top of the league with a very good squad capable of remaining at the summit for the remainder of the season.......Over to you.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 pm

mr.angry wrote:
BlueSince82 wrote:
mr.angry wrote:

I said "nothing was good enough for him",he said "he thought there might have been a few more signings coming in",which in my opinion is asking too much of the club with the squad we have and the debt we are in,we are top of the league with a very good squad capable of remaining at the summit for the remainder of the season.......Over to you.

And in his opinion he thought there would be a few more signings coming in, he didn't say "There should have been more signings" he never even said he thought we needed more players.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm

mr.angry wrote:

Where does it say im not happy :roll:
After weeks of transfer updates and players we have been linked to i was stating i'm surprised with the lack of transfer's..
Nothing ever good enough for me? How the f**k would you know :roll:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm

What has happened to the big name signing that those in the know mentioned prior to the window opening? All seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Gonzo wrote:What has happened to the big name signing that those in the know mentioned prior to the window opening? All seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Oh be careful you will have mr angry telling you that nothing's ever good enough for you and your the reason the club is in debt blah blah blah

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 pm

I like most on here enjoy the updates,but when he gets the information wrong maybe he should explain what went wrong :o
I understand that things dont always pan out but a little update just to explain things would go a long way.
:malky:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 pm

theclaw wrote:I like most on here enjoy the updates,but when he gets the information wrong maybe he should explain what went wrong :o
I understand that things dont always pan out but a little update just to explain things would go a long way.

Not just carl's updates but on both boards. After reading them and other sources linking us to a number of players im surprised we have only made three signings but that dont mean im unhappy with that..

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Gonzo wrote:What has happened to the big name signing that those in the know mentioned prior to the window opening? All seems to have gone quiet on that front.

This was supposed to be Griggs according to some but the deal fell apart, I asked the same question weeks ago.

I agree with Jinks completley and he is not stating unsatisfaction, it's just for months there has been this buildup to this particular signing period. Annis and other have been preaching about how we need to spend in January, seemed like every day someone was on here all season talking about how the club needed to sign impact players in January etc, etc..So while Campell is a great pick up and it seems to have satisfied everyone, I am a little suprised that the club is so close, and probably a Brayford away from sealing the deal. Why not do it?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:03 pm

greenlawler wrote:

This was supposed to be Griggs according to some but the deal fell apart, I asked the same question weeks ago.

I agree with Jinks completley and he is not stating unsatisfaction, it's just for months there has been this buildup to this particular signing period. Annis and other have been preaching about how we need to spend in January, seemed like every day someone was on here all season talking about how the club needed to sign impact players in January etc, etc..So while Campell is a great pick up and it seems to have satisfied everyone, I am a little suprised that the club is so close, and probably a Brayford away from sealing the deal. Why not do it?

Or Giggs :?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm

BlueSince82 wrote:
mr.angry wrote:
BlueSince82 wrote:
mr.angry wrote:

And in his opinion he thought there would be a few more signings coming in, he didn't say "There should have been more signings" he never even said he thought we needed more players.

ooooooohhhhhhh we are defensive :? .I think he can speak for himself,I'll go and speak to the chief not the Indian.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:24 pm

JINKS wrote:
theclaw wrote:I like most on here enjoy the updates,but when he gets the information wrong maybe he should explain what went wrong :o

Not just carl's updates but on both boards. After reading them and other sources linking us to a number of players im surprised we have only made three signings but that dont mean im unhappy with that..

So you are happy with the players we brought in this window?

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:30 pm

mr.angry wrote:
BlueSince82 wrote:
mr.angry wrote:
BlueSince82 wrote:
mr.angry wrote:

ooooooohhhhhhh we are defensive :? .I think he can speak for himself,I'll go and speak to the chief not the Indian.

Immaturity at its finest. :roll:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm

You shouldn't be surprised , Malky did tell us that he didn't want to upset the squad which has taken us to our current position .

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Dicey wrote:

You shouldn't be surprised , Malky did tell us that he didn't want to upset the squad which has taken us to our current position .

Some managers say that and then sign players so i didnt take a lot of notice in that sense

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm

mr.angry wrote:
JINKS wrote:

So you are happy with the players we brought in this window?

Yes :malky:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 pm

We wanted a striker who could get goals. We got a very good one.

We wanted cover for Left back. We got one. Lappin is solid, he has been
at the Club for a few months and knows the players.

Malky is right not to rock the boat too much. else he would be sending a
message out to the players that he doesnt have faith in them to get us over
the line

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 am

We wanted a striker who could get goals. We got a very good one.

the line..........................................................................All very laudable my dear Taffy,but what happens, if and when Mackay gets City over the line,we all know that Mackay is very loyal to his players,and that loyalty could well be the "chosen one"blind spot,i think its highly possible that Mackay will take the view,that those players who got us to the promised land,deserve a chance to prove themselves in the Premiership,now i think that could be a fatal error of judgment,do you? ...........yes my self imposed exile is over,was getting bored watching how boring this Forum was becoming

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 am

angelis49 wrote:We wanted a striker who could get goals. We got a very good one.

the line..........................................................................All very laudable my dear Taffy,but what happens, if and when Mackay gets City over the line,we all know that Mackay is very loyal to his players,and that loyalty could well be the "chosen one"blind spot,i think its highly possible that Mackay will take the view,that those players who got us to the promised land,deserve a chance to prove themselves in the Premiership,now i think that could be a fatal error of judgment,do you? ...........yes my self imposed exile is over,was getting bored watching how boring this Forum was becoming

My dearest Angelis, oh spitter out of dummys!.. As we have touched on before, you do not
believe Malky Mackay is good enough to manage a Club in THIS division. Why now are you
looking forward to next season? Have you conceded defeat on the Championship issue?

Are you perhaps changing the angle of your attack to "Malky will not be good enough for the Premiership!"....

On what do you base the view that his "loyalty" may be a blind spot?... Noone, Mutch, Bellamy,
Connelly, Kim Bo, Smith, Helguson, Campbell, Maynard, Velikonja...None of these players were with us
last season. Mackay signed them because he did not feel last seasons squad was good enough.
Miller, Earnshaw, McPhail... all big names at the Club... all shipped out surplus to requirements.

You are entitled to your opinions same as the rest of us but please, my Dear, dear friend....

Try to base your theories on the available facts.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am

taffyapple wrote:We wanted a striker who could get goals. We got a very good one.

the line

I fully agree with this

BUT

What I will say is, the last couple of January's we have gone into deadline day expecting some action and not getting any, this season I think it's the other way round, most aren't expecting anything tomorrow, maybe we will get a surprise??

Whatever happens I Love deadline day, iPhone charger and my refresh button will have a bashing Tomoz!!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 am

Jinks, I am surprised as well, so are the Malaysians.
But lets be honest Ive been saying for months we need cover, we need strengthening, but Malky has proved the Malaysians wrong, the fans and myself, were going up any way, thanks to Malky's brilliant management. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There was £millions available to Malky if he wanted it, but he has proved he does not need it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 am

Gavlar wrote:
taffyapple wrote:We wanted a striker who could get goals. We got a very good one.

the line

I fully agree with this

BUT

What I will say is, the last couple of January's we have gone into deadline day expecting some action and not getting any, this season I think it's the other way round, most aren't expecting anything tomorrow, maybe we will get a surprise??

Whatever happens I Love deadline day, iPhone charger and my refresh button will have a bashing Tomoz!!

You cannot EXPECT a surprise. That is a contradiction in terms!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's hoping though feller eh :D

Personally though, I think he's got it exactly right. Our defence has been solid as a rock since
well before xmas. Declan John and Coulson are very good players and will have every chance
of making it in the game, but if you add Nugent to the mix, thats three very inexperienced
lads as back up. Lappin is experienced and his signing makes sense. Yes, we wanted the lad
from Derby, but did we want to be waiting til the last minute with Derby holding us to ransom?
Same with the Leeds youngster.. he'll still be available in the summer ;)

Up front, well we could all see that the goals have been difficult to come by over the last month
or so. We all wanted a striker, a good one. We got one!! Campbell is arguably a better player than
Nicky Maynard but he's come in under the radar because he's not played this season

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 am

My dear Taffy,i know you keep a record of all my postings,but just in case you missed this one i posted on the 13th of January..................I am more convinced than ever that Cardiff city will get promotion this season........the reason why is simple,we have been playing a brand of football that is absolutely dire,in fact it would be more accurate to call it hoof ball instead of football,and yet we find ourselves 8 points clear of second placed Hull City and 10 points clear of our other closest rivals,you couldn't make it up,i am a great believer in fate,and to me fate has decreed,that no matter how badly we play week in week out,no matter how many times Mackay gets it wrong,we are destined to go up,even as incredible as it may sound we could go up as champions,now i know good teams make their own luck,but hand on heart when the final whistle blew today,how many of you on here would have believed that both Hull and Middlesbourgh would lose at home and Palace would lose to a very ordinary Burnley team,i say to one and all that the Gods of good fortune are alive and well, dwelling deep below the bowels of the Cardiff City Stadium,so put the champagne on ice my fellow supporters,because we are going up............anybody know anyone who would like some free bridesmaids dresses?................i hope this will clarify my thinking on Mackay.. the following players i think that are not good enough for the Premiership but Mackay thinks they are.........Hudson,Gunnarson,Cowie,Conway,Taylor,obviously i have left out the most obvious Players who are not good enough,but hey we are talking Malky here.........i am very encouraged to see that you think im entitled to my opinion,i just hope that Barry Muddle and Craig no toys left in pram agree with you...