Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good restaurants?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:10 pm

It's my 18th birthday in a couple of weeks and will probably going out with the family for a meal.

Was wondering anyone know any really nice restaurants in Cardiff? :D

Re: Good restaurants?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:22 pm

The Madeira

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Potted pig

Or

The Cornerhouse

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:The Madeira

Lovely restaurant and not too pricey either with a nice selection of Food :thumbup:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Not been since just after it opened but the potted pig was best place in Cardiff in my opinion. Park plaza is also v good

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:38 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:It's my 18th birthday in a couple of weeks and will probably going out with the family for a meal.

Greenwood and browns is quite good , nice steak there the other day

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Haven't been there yet but understand Bill's Restaurant is supposed to be pretty good. Small chain in pretty posh areas Brighton, Cambridge, Covent Garden, Lewes, now Kairdifffff.

http://www.bills-website.co.uk/index.html

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:It's my 18th birthday in a couple of weeks and will probably going out with the family for a meal.

Madeira, Guildford crescent, you wont go wrong, brilliant food, fair prices, I go there often for the last 20 years, make sure you book first if you do decide to go.

Check their web site for the menu, have a good 18th I remember mine well 38 years ago, seems like yesterday, so enjoy :malky:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 pm

I recommend the Madeira, & Giovanni's on the Hayes is also very good as well.

Would like to try that new Portuguese restaurant under the Maldron hotel [opposite Great Western], & the new restaurant on three floors in that converted church on Charles St.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 pm

madeira is very nice as is the thai house next door..

potted pig is a liitle different... i also quite like custom house down on the penarth marina by the barrage.